[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks handsome here . Character chart in the second pic , also photos of the other characters on the last pic

Edit to add - MBC’s site has character info & chart

BTS

Ooo they look good

more stills 

Spoiler

From what I understand, NJH’s character is a famous webtoon writer engaged to her publisher or something ( guy is supporting role ). An accident affected her greatly & I suppose was the catalyst to her saying yes to Kim Ji Soo’s character- the psychiatrist who has this ability to help her patients to reset their lives to exactly a year before 

From Papago translate , from what I understand LJH used to be a cop in the Traffic Division. He’s generally one to avoid great danger but he also can’t stand injustice that takes place in front of him .  7 years ago , he caught some big time criminal & was promoted to the Violent Crimes division where he became a detective . He became very close to his colleagues who are like family to him. However, the death of one of his colleagues ( during a case , if i understand it correctly) caused him a lot of anguish , leading him to want to reset things to a year ago. 

3 Reasons To Look Forward To Lee Joon Hyuk And Nam Ji Hyun’s New Mystery Thriller

3 Reasons To Look Forward To Lee Joon Hyuk And Nam Ji Hyun’s New Mystery Thriller

Feb 21, 2020
by S. Park

Nam Ji Hyun and Lee Joon Hyuk are gearing up for the premiere of their upcoming drama “365: A Year of Defying Fate” (literal title).

On February 20, MBC upped the excitement by releasing three points to look out for in this upcoming drama.

Thrill, suspense, and entertainment

“365” tells the story of a group of people who go back one year in time with the dream of living a more perfect life but find themselves stuck in an unknown fate in a mysterious game for survival. Just from this description alone, viewers can get a sense of a new kind of drama genre that awaits them. Centered around the intriguing concept of a “life reset,” the drama will combine suspense, thrill, and entertainment for one exciting series.

Even in its production stage, the script was praised for its constant tension and ability to make readers totally immersed in the story. The detailed directing of director Kim Kyung Hee will keep viewers completely immersed and glued to the screen. The links between the characters and various cases that connect back to one another will also tug at the viewers’ investigative instincts.

Lee-Joon-Hyuk.jpg

Life reset and survival game

The “life reset” concept is enough to pique potential viewers’ curiosity. This will be the center of the plot but will also be different from what has already been told through other dramas and films. The unexpected incidents and the changes in the characters’ relationships are some things that set this drama apart.

Also, the 10 “resetters” will add more entertainment to the drama. Their survival game and psychological warfare tactics will create tension that will have viewers at the edge of their seats. Because the drama explores people’s ambitions for a perfect life, which is something everyone has imagined at least once in their lifetime, the excitement for the drama is growing by the day.

Nam-Ji-Hyun1.jpg

Harmony between actors

The talented lineup of actors is another thing to look forward to about this drama. Lee Joon Hyuk will portray a new kind of character while Nam Ji Hyun will attempt her first mystery drama.

In addition, these leads will be joined by Kim Ji Soo, Yang Dong Geun, Lee Shi Ah, Yoon Joo Sang, Im Ha Ryong, Jung Min Sung, Jeon Suk Ho, Ahn Seung Kyun, Ryu Tae Ho, Lee Sung Hoon, with special appearances by Min Dohee, Sung Hyuk, and Yoo Gun.

“365: A Year of Defying Fate” premieres on March 23 at 8:55 p.m. KST.

article from Soompi

Article from Soompi

https://www.soompi.com/article/1384496wpp/nam-ji-hyun-lee-joon-hyuk-face-the-repercussions-of-turning-back-time-in-upcoming-drama

Nam Ji Hyun + Lee Joon Hyuk Face The Repercussions Of Turning Back Time In Upcoming Drama

Feb 23, 2020
by E. Cha

“365: Repeat the Year” will tell the story of the mysterious survival game that unfolds as 10 people “reset” their lives by going back in time to exactly one year ago. Although each of the “resetters” initially returns to the past while dreaming of a perfect life, all of them end up trapped in an unpredictable new fate as things take an unexpected turn.

The upcoming suspense thriller has now released two haunting teaser posters, each of which introduces viewers to one of its two tormented leads. Lee Joon Hyuk will star in the drama as Ji Hyung Joo, a fiercely loyal homicide detective with an impressive memory, while Nam Ji Hyun will star as Shin Ga Hyun, a successful webtoon artist with perfectionist and workaholic tendencies. In the posters, the two characters appear to be trapped behind glass as they ponder their unusual fates.

Lee Joon Hyuk’s poster hints at the emotional suffering that ultimately led Ji Hyung Joo to choose to reset his life, with the caption reading, “I wanted to turn back time so badly that it felt like dying.”

Spoiler

Lee-Joon-Hyuk.jpeg

Meanwhile, Nam Ji Hyun’s poster ominously hints at the repercussions the characters will face after resetting their lives. Shin Ga Hyun’s caption reads, “The moment that I turned back time, everything began to fall apart.”

Spoiler

Nam-Ji-Hyun.jpeg

“365: Repeat the Year” will premiere on March 23 at 8:55 p.m. KST.

—/-

LJH stills 

Soompi articles 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1384717wpp/watch-nam-ji-hyun-and-lee-joon-hyuk-are-on-the-edge-of-despair-in-new-drama-teasers

Watch: Nam Ji Hyun And Lee Joon Hyuk Are On The Edge Of Despair In New Drama Teasers

Feb 24, 2020
by C. Hong

“365: Repeat the Year” is about a mysterious survival game that unfolds when 10 people “reset” their lives by going back in time to exactly one year ago. All of the “resetters” return to the past in hopes of a better life, but they end up trapped in an unpredictable new fate as things take an unexpected turn.

Nam Ji Hyun plays Shin Ga Hyun, a successful webtoon artist with perfectionist and workaholic tendencies. Her character teaser shows her falling to her knees in despair outside an emergency room.

Lee Joon Hyuk plays Ji Hyung Joo, a fiercely loyal homicide detective with an impressive memory. In his character teaser, he opens a door with bloodied hands and is shocked and horrified by what he sees inside.

The captions for both teasers read, “That day… my world fell apart.”

——————

https://www.soompi.com/article/1384857wpp/nam-ji-hyun-makes-a-complete-180-degree-transformation-from-her-previous-roles-in-new-drama

Nam Ji Hyun Makes A Complete 180-Degree Transformation From Her Previous Roles In New Drama

Feb 25, 2020
by K. Z

Nam Ji Hyun is a romantic comedy veteran, known for her roles in dramas such as “Shopping King Louie,” “Suspicious Partner,” and most recently “100 Days My Prince.” However, she has made a 180-degree transformation in “365: Repeat the Year,” showing off her intense charisma in the newest stills released for the new drama.

nam-ji-hyun-repeat-the-year2.jpg

Nam Ji Hyun plays Shin Ga Hyun, a successful webtoon artist with perfectionist and workaholic tendencies. A terrible accident turns her life upside-down, and so Shin Ga Hyun becomes one of 10 “resetters,” going back in time by one year in hopes of a better life and perhaps preventing the accident which changed her life.

nam-ji-hyun-repeat-the-year.jpg

The production team behind the new mystery thriller stated, “[Nam Ji Hyun] is an actress who can do it all and someone who does her best for her colleagues, her fellow actors, and for the staff. We can definitely confirm that she’s showing off a totally new side of herself. We hope people are eager to see her take her performance to the next level.”

@nrllee Thanks for the teaser. The production values look excellent and I really enjoy the suspense genre. I'm worried my expectations are too high now :w00t:

@triplem LJH is looking fresh and wide-eyed *thinks back to all the recent tormented/antagonist roles with eyes half-mast*  Nam Ji Hyun just appeals to me more and more, I hope they do well together.

I wonder whether they're going to have stark changes in tone, to contrast the before/after. Since MBC is relaunching the Mon/Tue drama slot I reckon they'll want cross-demographic appeal. Also a chance for our accomplished actors to show their skills B) 

Anyway to borrow a phrase from a totally different franchise... "Time Travel! I see this as an absolute win!" :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Ahh, nice trailer!   What price do these characters have to pay for the chance to change history? 

12 episodes, is this the new trend LOL?  Does anyone know where can we find subs?

Hello dear !  I am guessing that since MBC will be airing this , then  kocowa will usually sub it.  Kocowa being a joint venture company btwn the big 3 ( kbs , sbs , MBC ) would normally sub all the shows unless some other platform got the sole rights . 
in Asia , Viu will be subbing - second picture

Spoiler

More stills 

I know she’s the psychiatrist who’ll help them reset to the past . I wonder if she really wanted to help them or it’s for something sinister 

The gangster with the gambling addiction 

3 hours ago, triplem said:

know she’s the psychiatrist who’ll help them reset to the past . I wonder if she really wanted to help them or it’s for something sinister 

Ooo...what if she’s like doing a social experiment to find out if it actually helps or makes things worst for them?  :blink:

On 3/1/2020 at 2:36 PM, bedifferent said:

Thanks @triplem :heart:

Hello @AC95 @nrllee looking forward to seeing  LJH in action! Mon Tues are tough timeslot ratings wise. Drama fighting!

Yes , Monday is tough ..MBC has not had dramas on this slot for a while & are using this drama to revive the slot ! 

On 3/1/2020 at 3:28 PM, nrllee said:

Ooo...what if she’s like doing a social experiment to find out if it actually helps or makes things worst for them?  :blink:

ooo that is a big possibility. I’m just guessing as well ...it may really have come out of a place of empathy. . Very curious to how they will set the rules of this universe . What’s the portal that allows them to reset ? Or is it purely In their minds ? 

MBC bringing on more goodies 

Fan cam spotted 

Spoiler

Soompi has an article explaining the latest trailer 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385728wpp/watch-nam-ji-hyun-lee-joon-hyuk-and-more-start-mysterious-survival-game-in-365-repeat-the-year

Upcoming MBC drama “365 Repeat the Year” has dropped a thrilling first teaser!

“365: Repeat the Year” is about a mysterious survival game that unfolds when 10 people “reset” their lives by going back in time to exactly one year ago. All of the “resetters” return to the past in hopes of a better life, but they end up trapped in an unpredictable new fate as things take an unexpected turn.

The clip begins with Ji Hyung Soo (Lee Joon Hyuk) receiving a mysterious phone call from Lee Shin (Kim Ji Soo). She offers him a chance to go back to the past and explains he will be restarting his life. Ji Hyung Soo chooses to take the offer, saying, “I’m going to try it. It sounds crazy, but I’m going to do whatever I can,” while Shin Ga Hyun (Nam Ji Hyun) urgently begs, “I want to go back. No, I have to go back.”

The tension increases with Lee Shin declaring in a voiceover, “If you want to turn back [time], make sure you survive.” This is followed by a brief intersection of the setters, who had a chance to reset their lives to a year ago, which further raises the sense of urgency. The ten chosen ones are returned to the past with each containing the moment of waking up in a different situation.

Some BTS & they were asked questions. At one point it was so cute cuz he called said NJH sun bae nim 

Spoiler

Spoiler

this one has translations in the caption 

Explanation about the posters 

Archived