[Drama 2020] Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon, 유별나! 문셰프

larus

3 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Objectively i should really drop this drama.. 

But i still want to see Bella succeed again and somehow balance that with her new found happiness. (The portrayal of the eating disorder is pretty terrible but that was to be expected) And of course i want to see the romance unfold. And the preview with them trying to open the restaurant looked more promising. I always cling to the hope that next episode might be better.

I didn't know a lot about the drama beforehand but i don't know.. I feel like i didn't sign up for this.

Wasn't this supposed to be fun and playful? Bella is described as this 'troublemaker'. It's even in the title. We got a little of that in the beginning i guess. My concern going in was actually that she might come off as annoying to many people. For example i love the FL in Marriage, Not dating but many find her too annoying.

And the other part of the drama title.. 'Chef Moon' ... Wait.. is this drama about cooking and food? Because i didn't realize after watching the first third of the drama..

Maybe that changes now in the coming episodes. Oh well..

@Fabbo I do feel that the drama has lost something after the first two episodes. Some of the fun is gone.

I agree that the anorexia portrayal could have been better. If a person has anorexia, the stomach has shrunk to the degree that it wouldn't be physically possible for a person to eat as much as Bella has done after her amnesia. Also, anorexia is a serious mental disorder and it was portrayed way too lightly in my opinion.

I also agree that Bella's eccentricity hasn't really come to light yet. Then again, it could be a cultural thing and what I perceive as eccentric would be WAY OVER THE TOP in South Korea. :D

I also want to see more food! :)  

I will continue watching this for little Seol-a. She's so adorable! :wub:

• Like 1

Well. I tried. I just  keep trying with this drama but it’s just not holding my attention disappointingly. This kind of of light sweet story is usually just up my ally but maybe I just don’t feel the chemistry between the leads this time.  My go to Find Me in Your Memory. I suppose wish Bella had the  kind of charming Eccentricity as the FL in that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, partyon said:

I also agree that Bella's eccentricity hasn't really come to light yet. Then again, it could be a cultural thing and what I perceive as eccentric would be WAY OVER THE TOP in South Korea. :D

I also want to see more food! :)  

Hm no there are countless examples for especially the female eccentric lead in korean dramas and films. Actually way more than people would accept in western movies where we would think of it as annoying. I just say Jun Ji-hyun.

I'd say she started out eccentric. But the drama has so much else going on that it isn't one of the main themes in the drama. And it gets less and less scenes. And of course at some point the ML is going to see behind the surface, they have more serious and sensitive moments and conversations etc. You want that kind of progress or i should say show the different sides. But she wasn't even really established as the 'troublemaker'. 

I think it's easy to pin it down to that they just have too little character building scenes. Instead we see them sitting around in meetings all episode.

11 hours ago, RobinM said:

My go to Find Me in Your Memory. I suppose wish Bella had the  kind of charming Eccentricity as the FL in that. 

Hm better watch Go Won-hee in Perfume imo. She just doesn't have any opportunities to show it in this drama. I guess there were some flashes of it in the beginning. 

• Like 1

I guess only me feeling the chemistry between the leads then.  It's obvious the PD & writer are cooking up a slow romance than a full bloom romance right away.  Is it much to expect full chemistry when the love line is not in full bloom yet?  I obviously want more but there are enough moments of funny & sweet heart fluttering that makes me more anticipating their full bloom as it goes on.

I wish they show more cooking as it promised (who knows it may come later)... Bella is annoying at time but it's quite typical of kdramas and I don't find it to the point that turning me off the drama completely. Beside, it said Bella is to experience GROWTH, and love in Seol-ah so that is expecting of her to become more mature.  Though, I wonder how Bella, the Yoo Yoo Jin designer, was before the accident.  Was she this way before?  Regardless, it's the growth in her character that I'm expecting.

Anyway, I'll be watching for Eric, Go Won Hee, the little actress and the painter friend AND how the village team fight back evil Im and how he gets his fall

Lastly, filming is wrapped yesterday.

200415 Shinhwa’s Eric Spotted on Go Doyeon’s IG:

Channel A Eccentric! Chef Moon
Seol-ah role
The last day of filming
Yangju Namkyung Arboretum (t/n: the filming spot)
Group photo
Thank you for your hard workd
Actor Moon Jung-hyuk Actor Go Won-hee, Actor Ahn Nae-sang…..

2af6f6202f2cf36760aa6bc431856a87f000b0a3

cb7efe66ec27ab880ef2325f0537b178087b918d

Source: Lee_6038
Translation: eric_munleader for EricMun.tumblr

More pic of Seol-ah with director and staffs here

• Like 2

200416 ‘Eccentric! Chef Moon’ Shinhwa’s Eric Unleashes the True Side of Owner Chef.. Coolness Overload

2020041701001217300075491_20200416080511

Eric of ‘Eccentric! Chef Moon’ will show off the true side of ‘owner chef’.

In the 7th episode of Channel A’s Fri-Sat drama ‘Eccentric! Chef Moon’ airing on the 17th, the busy days of Eric (who plays Moon Seung Mo) acting as ‘owner chef’ will be shown.

In previous episode 6, Seoha Village faced the threat of being wiped out by the construction of a warehouse for Donghan International Clothing Industry. Upon hearing the town leader’s remark that the decision was made for the sake of regional development, Moon Seung Mo proposed an alternative that he would open a restaurant in his name, giving the episode an impactful ending.

Meanwhile Eric, who has flawlessly transformed himself into the role of ‘Head Chef’. In the released photos, Eric delicately handles the ingredients he has prepared and gets a whiff of the food while cooking. It reveals a thoughtful and meticulous professional side of him.

In the scene where he focuses on creating a new menu, viewers are reminded of his past charisma while preparing food at an overseas pop-up restaurant. It’s clear how he takes great responsibility in his work.  In particular, the scene where he tries his hardest to open a successful restaurant in Seoha Village produces a sense of reassurance and warmth. It is the turning point that increases the anticipation for future performance.

Airing tomorrow night, you can check out Eric’s impressive performance for ‘Eccentric! Chef Moon’ on Channel A every Friday and Saturday at 10:50pm.

Source: OSEN
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

• Like 2

On 4/15/2020 at 3:19 PM, Phi said:

I guess only me feeling the chemistry between the leads then.  It's obvious the PD & writer are cooking up a slow romance than a full bloom romance right away.  Is it much to expect full chemistry when the love line is not in full bloom yet?  I obviously want more but there are enough moments of funny & sweet heart fluttering that makes me more anticipating their full bloom as it goes on.

I wish they show more cooking as it promised (who knows it may come later)... Bella is annoying at time but it's quite typical of kdramas and I don't find it to the point that turning me off the drama completely. Beside, it said Bella is to experience GROWTH, and love in Seol-ah so that is expecting of her to become more mature.  Though, I wonder how Bella, the Yoo Yoo Jin designer, was before the accident.  Was she this way before?  Regardless, it's the growth in her character that I'm expecting.

Anyway, I'll be watching for Eric, Go Won Hee, the little actress and the painter friend AND how the village team fight back evil Im and how he gets his fall

@Phi I think the chemistry is fine between the leads. :) I think the pacing of the romance is on par with a typical k-drama.

I also think that growth is what I am looking for.

I guess the problem is just that there are so many storylines and elements right now in the drama - maybe it would be fine if the plot was just a bit simpler (is what I am thinking)? For me it would be enough to see the simple life in the village. :)

I will also continue to watch, so no worries, you won't be alone on this thread. ;)

• Like 3

OFFICIAL MV - Eccentric! Chef Moon - OST PART6 "Memories Left" (남겨진 기억) by 데이먼스 이어 (Damons Year)

The MV is full of spoilers again (the one I'm most curious of, Seol-ah's identity)!!

Don't watch it yet till later :P

EVyxu_gXkAAKsAP?format=jpg&name=orig

behind the scene  :)

Blesses this moonseungmo account for all the photo updates!  It's hilarious with the captions :lol:

• Like 2

I swear, this is the real reason Seung-mo didn't sign up with Donghan Food :tounge_xd:

I love the restaurant setting.  The dried & pressed flowers give off such nice & warming country charm

• Like 2

Episode 7 was lighter and more fun than the previous episodes. :)

Loved how the village came together to set up the new restaurant!

I feel kind of bad for Jun-su, because he seems to be a good guy, but he has an evil stepdad and a mother who is consumed by anger. :(

I hope he will have the courage to stand up against them.

I am pretty sure now that Bella is Jun-su's (half) sister. Normally, a k-drama would use the opportunity to set up a love triangle, but they are using Seol-a for that instead of Bella. The only reason they would not use Jun-su to make Chef Moon jealous of Bella's affections, would be if it were revealed later that Jun-su and Bella are siblings.

Now Jun-su is making Chef Moon jealous because of Seol-a - lol :D "Handsome oppa" :D

It was expected that Bella's memories would start to resurface. I think she will start her healing journey from now on. I liked the way she was rediscovering her talents, and how all the villagers were so supportive of her. It seems that the romance between our leads is going to kick off in ep 8. :wub:

Hyuna, Hyuna, Hyuna.... I wasn't really expecting her to reveal her face, but she seems to be opportunistic at heart despite her fragile mental state. As she still thinks that she killed Bella, I was a bit disappointed that she would go down that route. I was rooting for her to be one of the good guys.

• Like 2

The funny part of the episode was when Seol A has shown that she has a crush on the "handsome adjussi". :lol:

And the fashion show in Seoha village. :D

Seung Mo was impressed by Bella`s decoration. He even recognized the flower he gave her.

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Hyuna, Hyuna, Hyuna.... I wasn't really expecting her to reveal her face, but she seems to be opportunistic at heart despite her fragile mental state.

I was expected for Hyun ah to show her face. I just knew that the drama will go that route. :D

• Love 1

1 minute ago, larus said:

I was expected for Hyun ah to show her face. I just knew that the drama will go that route. :D

Your intuition was better than mine :D I was expecting that maybe her father would push her on the scene, not that she would do it herself. I felt kind of bad for her previously, but not anymore!
I can't wait for Bella to take Hyuna down! :D

Spoiler

53777dd88e677a5b52652f731c634f80.jpeg