Genre: drama, romance

Airdate: April 25th - June 14th, 2020

Airtime: Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

Director: Son Jung Hyun
Writer: Jeon Hee Young

Official site:

http://program.tving.com/tvn/tvnblossom/

Story:

This is a melodramatic drama about a woman in her 40s coming face to face with her first love.

Cast:

Lee Bo Young as Yoon Ji Soo

She is a struggling single mother after she lost her family due to an accident. She is a contract worker. Her life is not so easy.

윤지수(이보영)

Yoo Ji Tae as Han Jae Hyun

He is a middle-aged businessman only interested in gaining money and fame. His ambition has grown as he faced reality, will open his eyes again once more to his beliefs and innocence stored deep in heart when he meets his first love Yoo Ji Soo again

한재현

Jing Young as Han Jae Hyun (20s)

He took part in the student movement. He is someone who become angry at injustice and led others in thinking about societal issues.

과거 재현 (박진영)
Jeon So Nee as Yoon Ji Soo (20s)

She is a cheerful, innocent piano major from a privileged family who knows little about the hardships of life.

과거 지수 (전소니)

Supporting Cast:

Park Si Yeon as Jang Seo Kyung (Han Jae Hyun's wife)

장서경 (박시연)
Kim Young Hoon as Lee Se Hoon (Yoon Ji Soo's ex-husband)

이세훈 (김영훈)
Go Woo Rim as Lee Young Min (Yoon Ji Soo's son)

이영민 (고우림)
Lee Tae Sung as Joo Young Woo

주영우 (이태성)

Byung Hun as Joo Young Woo (20s)
Min Sung Wook as Lee Dong Jin
Eun Hae Sung as Lee Dong Jin (20s)
Moon Sung Geun as Jang San
Jang Gwang as Yoon Hyeong Koo
Han Ji Won as Sung Hwa Jin
Woo Jung Won as Yang Hye Jung

f132302831500631982(0).jpg

Teasers:

Spoiler

Press conference

OST

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, 화양연화 - Lee Bo Young & Yoo Ji Tae
  • Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Bo Young, Yoo Ji Tae, Park Si Yeon, And Jeon So Nee In Talks For Upcoming Melodrama

Lee Bo Young, Yoo Ji Tae, Park Si Yeon, And Jeon So Nee In Talks For Upcoming Melodrama
Oct 29, 2019
by D. S.kim

On October 30, news outlet iMBC reported that Lee Bo Young and Yoo Ji Tae are confirmed for an upcoming drama called “The Most Beautiful Moment in Life” (literal title). The melodrama will reportedly tell the story of a woman in her 40s who reunites with her first love.

According to the report, Lee Bo Young received an offer for the lead role of Yoon Ji Soo. She was the daughter of a family of prosecutors, but she is now a struggling single mother after she lost her family due to an accident. Yoo Ji Tae reportedly received an offer to play Han Jae Hyun, a middle-aged businessman. He used to be a passionate youth who participated in student protests, but he is now only interested in gaining money and fame.

In response, Lee Bo Young’s agency stated, “Lee Bo Young received an offer to star in ‘The Most Beautiful Moment in Life’ and is considering the offer.” Yoo Ji Tae’s agency also stated similarly and that nothing has been confirmed yet.

It was also reported that Park Si Yeon and Jeon So Nee are also in talks for the drama. Park Si Yeon reportedly received an offer to play Jang Seo Kyung, Han Jae Hyun’s wife and the only heir to large corporation JS Group. Han Jae Hyun is the only one she has ever loved, and after noticing that he holds a special place in his heart for someone else, Jang Seo Kyung becomes needlessly obsessed with him.

On the other hand, Jeon So Nee is reportedly reviewing an offer to play Yoon Ji Soo in her 20s. She used to be a confident piano major who chased after her dreams without hesitation, and she fell in love with Han Jae Hyun after meeting him during a protest.

Both agencies of Park Si Yeon and Jeon So Nee stated that the actresses are positively considering offers to star in the drama

I hope to hear news of confirmations soon! This is really a can't-miss cast, who will bring a lot of sizzle to this melodrama.

I will watch Lee Bo Young in anything. I'm also a fan of Park Si Yeon and kind of intrigued by the premise, so I'll definitely be watching.

@jfritz09  I'm thinking..old school kdrama. I'm not really fan of Lee Bo Young but I like Yoo Ji Tae... I like him in The Good Wife kdrama version.  Park Si Yeon... I usualy see her in old dramas when I try to watch or marathon some of them.  I wonder if this is confirmed already.

3 hours ago, jongski said:

@jfritz09  I'm thinking..old school kdrama. I'm not really fan of Lee Bo Young but I like Yoo Ji Tae... I like him in The Good Wife kdrama version.  Park Si Yeon... I usualy see her in old dramas when I try to watch or marathon some of them.  I wonder if this is confirmed already.

I love all of Lee Bo Young's dramas from My Daughter Seo Young onward (those include God's Gift, Whisper and Mother, probably the best Kdrama that I've seen).

Park Si Yeon was very good but maybe underrated as the second lead in The Innocent Man. She was great in The Greatest Marriage.

The article above mentioned that all actors/actresses are still considering their offers, so I thought that they haven't been confirmed yet. It would be great if they were! If I were the producer, I would try hard to secure this cast :)

• 2 weeks later...

the channel is tvN not MBC

and I think its confirmed as I saw the production company starting to advertise 

On 11/3/2019 at 2:09 PM, jfritz09 said:

I hope to hear news of confirmations soon! This is really a can't-miss cast, who will bring a lot of sizzle to this melodrama.

I will watch Lee Bo Young in anything. I'm also a fan of Park Si Yeon and kind of intrigued by the premise, so I'll definitely be watching.

HELLO ... we meet again here 

I can say I am pissed LBY had to stay home for so long and change company again... cause they forgot about her since she had her baby...its so gross how they treat actresses who take breaks for motherhood in korea

she deserves much much  better than this cliche melo...but anyway its better than not seeing her at all

On 11/18/2019 at 3:25 AM, Tango27 said:

HELLO ... we meet again here 

I can say I am pissed LBY had to stay home for so long and change company again... cause they forgot about her since she had her baby...its so gross how they treat actresses who take breaks for motherhood in korea

she deserves much much  better than this cliche melo...but anyway its better than not seeing her at all

Nice to see you again!

I heard about LBY changing company. It seems like her new company is one that handles some big names and veteran actors, so maybe she just wanted to go to a better company?

I would maybe prefer to see her in a rom-com or a courtroom drama (since she's good at playing a lawyer lol), but I don't mind seeing her in a melodrama either. Isn't the lead actor in this melo a big star in Korea? I think I've seen him in some movies, and he showed some good charisma as far as I can remember... Anyway, with the names in the cast, and the fact that this is a tvN drama (tvN shows always have very high production values), I'm very optimistic that this will be a very good show, and I'm really looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...

I am  not keen on casting younger versions especially as they dont look anything like the adults ... sigh 

the younger lby will be played by jeon so nee

Related image

also since its starting in 93 and they r supposed to be in their 20s ... it means lby would be playing an older role for the first time ... cause in 93 she was a pre teen 

Yoo Ji-tae, Lee Bo-young confirmed for tvN’s Most Beautiful Moment in Life along with Jinyoung and Jeon So-ni

yoojitaeparkby1.jpg

Casting has been confirmed for tvN’s upcoming melodrama Most Beautiful Moment In Life. Actors Yoo Ji-tae (Different Dreams), Lee Bo-young (Mother), Got7’s Jinyoung (That Psychometric Guy), and Jeon So-ni (Boyfriend) are set to play leading roles.

The drama takes place both in the past and in the present, examining the lives of two people who were each other’s first loves in their younger years. Fatefully, the two meet again later in their forties, bringing back memories of their young love as well as passions from their youth that were long forgotten. With their reunion in the present day, the two people are given another chance to experience something beautiful together again.

jinyoungjeons1.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/01/yoo-ji-tae-lee-bo-young-confirmed-for-tvns-most-beautiful-moment-in-life-along-with-jinyoung-and-jeon-so-ni/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, 화양연화 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST - Premieres in April

we already have GIF with lots of crying

can someone tell me why is it called ( in the mood for love ) in korean and the most beautiful moment in life in english while the korean phrase seems to mean neither  ?  

anyway in the mood for love is much much better

img.gif

img.gif

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

img.gif

There was a famous Hong Kong movie called "In the Mood for Love". I wondered if that's why they can't use that phrase in English as the title for the drama?

I'm excited that this drama will be airing in April, because previously I thought I'd read somewhere that it was coming in the second half of 2020. April definitely sounds much better!

• 2 weeks later...

i am so bored... why its not april already

they cant be shooting now cause its early... even casting i dont think its complete 

here is the comparison between the actress playing character in her 20s and lby when she was in her 20s.....you think there is any resemblance 

Image result for 전소니, '화양연화'서 이보영 20대 연기한다…대세 행보

KBS 드라마 ‘미스터 굿바이’ 이보영

I remember watching Hooray for Love a few years back. That was the first and only time I saw LBY with curly hair and wearing glasses. She looked really cute!

As far as actresses playing the younger versions having no resemblance to the more mature versions, I have come to expect that in K-dramas, since that almost always happens. For example, the actress playing the young version of LBY's character in I Hear Your Voice bore no resemblance whatsoever to LBY's public defender character. 

Archived