[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

56a0065856d243e0a8940042e3ce9d97.jpeg?s=

Lee Bo Young And Yoo Ji Tae Share Hopes For New Drama “When My Love Blooms”

SOOMPI

Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young, who will star in the tvN romance drama “When My Love Blooms,” exude class and sophistication in their recent pictorial for 1st Look!

Spoiler

In the interview that followed, the actors expressed their love for the drama, which tells the story of two lovers who meet again in a fated encounter after two decades

yoo-ji-tae-lee-bo-young-1.jpg

yoo-ji-tae-lee-bo-young1.jpg

Yoo Ji Tae expressed his excitement about “When My Love Blooms.” “Just when I had a thirst for a sentimental romance drama, I encountered a good production that touched me emotionally,” he said. He then described “When My Love Blooms” as a drama that portrays the resonance of being an adult and experiencing love.

yoo-ji-tae.jpg

yoo-ji-tae-2.jpg

Lee Bo Young discussed her feelings about the drama as well. “I get excited every time I go on set,” she said. “I have never actually acted in a true romance drama. But this time, I really wanted to take on ‘When My Love Blooms’ after relating to the characters’ descriptions and emotions. I hope to present a character that seems like a real person who people can relate to and support for a long time,” she added.

Upon being asked when the most beautiful moment in her life has been as a reference to the drama’s literal title, Lee Bo Young answered, “I truly think that moment is right now. I am happy to be standing in front of the camera, trusting myself and having fun.” Then she added, “I want to keep creating beautiful moments every day.”

lee-bo-young-1.jpg

lee-bo-young.jpg

“When My Love Blooms” premieres on April 25 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/19/2020 at 1:04 AM, jfritz09 said:

The latest trailer is so beautiful and emotional. Everything (cinematography, actors, music) is beautiful.

This looks like a high-quality drama, and I can't wait to watch it!

@jfritz09 yes.. waiting for this too.  I mentioned previous posts this reminds me of old school melodrama. But it also gives me that same vibes as My Love Eun-Dong. I'm not sure if you've watch that.. I love that drama begins with  youth then moves to when they were adult. So this drama.. fees like same.

Scene below...

For the lead stars of this drama... last time I watch Yoo Ji Tae was The Good Wife  kversion ( was crushing hard even if character was jerk..hehe) And Lee Bo Young in Whisper then Mother.. which is thumbs up drama for me.

I want to watch a good mature meloddrama so looking forward to this.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1396341wpp/2-reasons-to-tune-in-to-upcoming-romance-drama-when-my-love-blooms

2 Reasons To Tune In To Upcoming Romance Drama “When My Love Blooms”

Apr 23, 2020
by E. Cha

CC14A7E3-52AC-4514-95BC-3F52E136E619.png

tvN’s highly-anticipated new drama “When My Love Blooms” kicks off tomorrow night!

With just one day left until its premiere, here are two reasons to look forward to the unique romance drama:

1. Seeing two different sets of actors play the leads

“When My Love Blooms” will tell the story of Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo, who first get to know each other in college, then unexpectedly cross paths again many years later. GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee will play the characters during their younger years in the 1990s, when Han Jae Hyun is a naive, idealistic student who believes passionately in justice and is heavily involved in student movements. Meanwhile, Yoon Ji Soo is a cheerful, innocent piano major from a privileged family who knows little about the hardships of life.

However, by the time Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young take over the roles—when the characters reunite in their forties, in the present day—their lives have become almost unrecognizably different. A far cry from his former idealistic self, who fought for social justice, Han Jae Hyun has transformed into a cold, practical businessman who thinks only of his own profit. Yoon Ji Soo, who grew up in such a sheltered environment, has now had to face the countless difficulties and dangers that lurk in every corner of life.

While the two sets of actors will highlight the transformations and differences between the protagonists’ younger and older selves, they will also portray the characters in a way that demonstrates that deep down, some things—no matter how much time has passed—never change.

2. Watching the main characters fall in love—twice

Viewers will get to see Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo fall in love twice, in two different ways. In their college days, Yoon Ji Soo will fall in love with Han Jae Hyun at first sight, and the two characters will make viewers’ hearts flutter as they depict the inexperienced, will-they-or-won’t-they nervousness of first love.

Later on, however, when fate unexpectedly brings the two leads back together, the older Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo will give viewers an entirely different set of feels as they bring beauty back into each other’s lives for the first time in a long while.

“When My Love Blooms” premieres on April 25 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama below!

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

—————

https://www.soompi.com/article/1396511wpp/when-my-love-blooms-hints-at-conflict-between-yoo-ji-tae-his-heiress-wife

“When My Love Blooms” Hints At Conflict Between Yoo Ji Tae + His Heiress Wife

Apr 24, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “When My Love Blooms” has unveiled a glimpse of the tense relationship between Yoo Ji Tae, his wife, and his powerful father-in-law.

“When My Love Blooms” will tell the story of Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo, who become each other’s first loves in college, then unexpectedly cross paths again many years later, after their lives have changed completely. GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee will play the characters during their younger years in the 1990s, while Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young will take over the roles once the characters reunite in their forties, in the present day.

On April 25, with just hours left until its premiere, the upcoming drama released new stills that hint at the friction between Han Jae Hyun and his family. Although the young Yoo Ji Tae was originally a passionate idealist who fought for justice and was heavily involved in student movements, he has since transformed almost unrecognizably into a cold, practical businessman who thinks only of his own gains and profits.

The new photos show the intelligent and fiercely ambitious Han Jae Hyun standing in the office of his father-in-law Jang San (played by Moon Sung Geun), who is the chairman of a large conglomerate. Jang San wears a somewhat disapproving expression on his face as Han Jae Hyun stares stoically back at him, hinting at a tense power dynamic between the two men.

Additionally, Han Jae Hyun faces a never-ending series of conflicts with his wife Han Seo Kyung (played by Park Si Yeon), who levels him with a steely gaze as she stands beside her father.

90-AD7-E6-B-839-C-40-D7-9-A0-A-F60-A3-A2

To learn the truth about the complex relationship between the three family members, tune in to the premiere of “When My Love Blooms” on April 25 at 9 p.m. KST! The drama will also be available with English subtitles on Viki.

While you wait, check out a highlight clip for “When My Love Blooms” below!

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

I was very happy to see that they used different actors for the timelines. The school uniform dress up's that they so love and a lot of actors want to do is just terrible. One of the worst tropes in kdramas or however you want to call it. If they want me to take this seriously they 100% made the right decision. I hope this becomes more common in other kdramas as well.

Could they have done a better job in casting the younger versions? I don't know. I haven't really looked at it and just gonna see tomorrow if it is convincing. But those bad dress up's of the same actor take me way more out of the drama.

4 hours ago, Fabbo said:

I was very happy to see that they used different actors for the timelines. The school uniform dress up's that they so love and a lot of actors want to do is just terrible. One of the worst tropes in kdramas or however you want to call it. If they want me to take this seriously they 100% made the right decision. I hope this becomes more common in other kdramas as well.

Could they have done a better job in casting the younger versions? I don't know. I haven't really looked at it and just gonna see tomorrow if it is convincing. But those bad dress up's of the same actor take me way more out of the drama.

So much this. :lol: I don’t like it either when mature actors play the younger role when clearly they aren’t teenagers or in their 20s. It’s so jarring at times. I’m glad that they chose younger actors for the younger version of the OTP.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

Really looking forward to this one. PRAY for subs!! :lol:

So have been searching online for some spoiler cuts since TVN is kind of stingy now on their YT channel..

Look at this...these parallel scenes moved me . Power  to LBY and YJT. I completely feel the longing between them. Darn this is going to be heck of an emotional ride. From the other cuts I saw , the focus was on how they met in college  etc. But this scene ...:love:

Edit to add....oh yeah...Viki is subbing :D . Subbed highlight video

Spoiler

I've been waiting for this drama ever since I heard YJT was ML.  Have been a fan of his ever since I saw him in the movie Ditto years ago--just a brilliant role for a talented actor.  The fact that LBY is FL is a great bonus.  Hoping for the best from this drama. 

Wish that Viki will be speedy with the subs!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1396668wpp/the-world-of-the-married-is-less-than-1-percent-away-from-making-cable-ratings-history-when-my-love-blooms-premieres-to-strong-start

“The World Of The Married” Is Less Than 1 Percent Away From Making Cable Ratings History; “When My Love Blooms” Premieres To Strong Start

Apr 25, 2020
by E. Cha

34030913-29B8-4B15-B831-874A7722918E.png

Spoiler

JTBC’s “The World of the Married” is just a hair’s breadth away from making cable network history!

On April 25, viewership ratings for the hit drama soared to a new all-time high. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “The World of the Married” scored an average nationwide rating of 22.91 percent—the drama’s highest to date.

Notably, the episode fell just shy of the 2019 record set by “SKY Castle” for the highest viewership ratings ever achieved by any drama in Korean cable network history: 23.78 percent. With its latest rating less than one percentage point away from the figure achieved by “SKY Castle,” “The World of the Married” appears likely to catch up to the hit satirical drama in the near future.

Meanwhile, tvN’s “When My Love Blooms”—a new romance drama starring GOT7’s Jinyoung, Jeon So Nee, Yoo Ji Tae, and Lee Bo Young—made a promising start. The drama premiered to an average nationwide rating of 5.4 percent and a peak of 6.5 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

Spoiler

SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” scored average nationwide ratings of 8.0 percent and 9.7 percent for the night, while KBS 2TV’s “Once Again” stayed strong with average ratings of 21.6 percent and 25.5 percent.

Check out the premiere of “When My Love Blooms” with English subtitles here…

WATCH NOW

Source (1) (2) (3)

———

https://www.soompi.com/article/1396575wpp/jeon-so-nee-and-got7s-jinyoung-have-a-dangerous-and-fateful-first-meeting-in-when-my-love-blooms

Jeon So Nee And GOT7’s Jinyoung Have A Dangerous And Fateful First Meeting In “When My Love Blooms”

Apr 25, 2020
by J. Lim

tvN’s new weekend drama “When My Love Blooms” has released new stills of the fateful first meeting between GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee.

“When My Love Blooms” will tell the story of Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo, who were each other’s first love, as they meet again later on in life. Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young will play the two characters in the present day, while Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee will play their past counterparts.

The new photos show Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo meeting for the first time. They are in the middle of a dangerous situation, with tear gas and firebombs being thrown in a protest. Yoon Ji Soo is terrified and unsure of where she should go, and inhaling the smoke in the air makes it hard for her to think. In that moment, Han Jae Hyun reaches out a helping hand, marking the start of their lives crossing paths. In that moment, Yoon Ji Soo falls in love.

How Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo will progress from this fateful first meeting will be revealed in “When My Love Blooms,” which will premiere at 9 p.m. KST on April 25. The drama will also be available on Viki!

Check out the highlight clip from the drama as you wait for the drama to begin:

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

Oh boy this looks like another heavy drama.

I'm watchin' for Ji Tae and Bo Young. I think the kid is Jae Hyun's it's pretty obvious. Got 7's Jin Young is always playin' the younger version in dramas ha-ha. Though Jae Hyun was such a jerk and Ji Soo did all the pursuing, love her hair though. 

Yoo Ji Tae And Lee Bo Young Aren’t Sure How To Feel About Their Reunion In “When My Love Blooms”

1def6295d0a94731bf42b302ae5b8498.jpeg?s=

Apr 26, 2020
by L. Kim

tvN’s new weekend drama “When My Love Blooms” has shared new stills of Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young!

“When My Love Blooms” will tell the story of Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo, who were each other’s first love, as they meet again later on in life. Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young will play the two characters in the present day, while GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee will play their past counterparts.

Spoilers

Spoiler

In the first episode, Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo fatefully encountered each other in college. However, when they reunite as adults, they find out they’re both living in very different situations.

Yoon Ji Soo heard her son assaulted a student in the same class and went to his school. That’s where she met Han Jae Hyun, who is the father of the victim. Han Jae Hyun recognized her immediately and asked the principal to settle the matter quietly, helping her out of the crisis.

On April 26, the drama revealed new stills that show the two characters surrounded by a strange mood. They both seem and tense as they sit beside each other, and Yoon Ji Soo seems to be experiencing complicated emotions as she watches Han Jae Hyun gently taking care of something on her hand.

Unlike the happy and innocent past, the current Yoon Ji Soo has no choice but to live a hard life. In the photos, she sits beside her ill father Yoon Hyung Koo (Jang Gwang) as she calmly confesses what she felt after reuniting with Han Jae Hyun.

yoo-ji-tae-lee-bo-young-jang-gwang.jpg

The second episode of “When My Love Blooms” will air on April 26 at 9 p.m. KST.

SOOMPI

Watched the first episode on Viu! I love the chemistry between young Jaehyun and young Ji Soo, probably because I’m Jinyoung-biased. Lee Boyoung looks ethereal in this drama, this is the first drama of hers that I’m watching. So excited for the future episodes!

3 hours ago, corey said:

ALso - I need to look up the political events in S Korean in the 80 and 90! I had no idea there were violent protests there. Very interesting for international viewers to have such a setup.

You may watch the K movies, A Taxi Driver and The Attorney, both led by Song Kang-ho, and for more about the backgrounds. Kdrama Healer has also touched upon the 80s political events in SKorea.

19 hours ago, triplem said:

Really looking forward to this one. PRAY for subs!! :lol:

So have been searching online for some spoiler cuts since TVN is kind of stingy now on their YT channel..

Look at this...these parallel scenes moved me . Power  to LBY and YJT. I completely feel the longing between them. Darn this is going to be heck of an emotional ride. From the other cuts I saw , the focus was on how they met in college  etc. But this scene ...:love:

I agree- the scenes where they are seen remembering each other look so genuine and pure. It makes me more curious to know how could they have parted in the past and also how did they end up marrying different people. Could it be a misunderstanding, anger or compulsion? Seeing how cheerful LBY's younger self was, her character in the present seems so pitiful. Someone with so much spirit and love to have gone so quiet and at mercy of others must have had to go through a lot. I wish how Ji Su added cheer to Jae Hyun's life when they were in college, he can reciprocate the same in present.

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Oh boy this looks like another heavy drama.

I'm watchin' for Ji Tae and Bo Young. I think the kid is Jae Hyun's it's pretty obvious. Got 7's Jin Young is always playin' the younger version in dramas ha-ha. Though Jae Hyun was such a jerk and Ji Soo did all the pursuing, love her hair though. 

How old is the kid? Also, then is Jae hyun's kid not his?

I also wanted to ask if someone can explain the bit about that female who died. How was she related to them? Why didn't Ji Su attend her funeral?

Archived