Quantcast

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ep. 10 Recap   We start off with the train scene. - 1995 - JS runs to the hospital, she's drenched in the rain. Instead of the morgue, she heads to the emergency room. But all she se

DCInside post from the Director of When My Love Blooms (Trans. enchantedyears. Source)   Hello, everyone... I'm Son Jung Hyun, the director of "When My Love Blooms".   I would like

This was originally a double post of the one above. I'm gonna use this area for a DC Gallery post translation instead    Chronological Timeline of Young Jisoo and Jaehyun's Relationship (Sour

Just finished watching the raw episode on Viki and it looks like JH and JS showed mercy to her obsessive ex. I’m just guessing but the way he looked ashamed and contrite during his conversation with the detective seem to suggest that something happened that exonerated him when we all know he knows he’s guilty of aiding and abetting a crime.

I didn’t really see Youngmin after his talk with his father (did you guys?) so I’m wondering who he is living with. Maybe the conversations will enlighten us but as I only know a little Korean I have to wait for subs. I did see Jun Seo with his mother though. It looks like they were traveling together. 

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, Thirtysvn37 said:

I have to wait until tomorrow to watch it with subs. Please tell me we have a happy ending huhu

Happy ending.  JH and JS together again at the house with the persimmon tree.  And also a meeting of all four leads.

...........So I watched most of the raw (admittedly I skipped through because I just wanted to know the basics), and it seemed good that they addressed the issues of the two fathers and their sons.  It was good to see JS's ex appearing contrite and embarrassed.  It was also good to see that JH seems to have some new enterprise and has left the company--not sure what happened with the big meeting, though.

One small item:  A couple of times in this drama, there has been evocative music playing very, very, very quietly in the background (I'm wondering if it was that quiet so that they could avoid paying copyright fees ;) ).   In this episode while JS is confronting her ex at the cafe, you can just barely hear Sara McLachlan's Angel.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Will have to wait for the subs.  You guys were right.  Everyone showed some kind of remorse and JH quit HYsung group and I think they appointed a director/ chairman.  

YM is waiting for his father who comes late to pick him up and apologizes to him.  Later YM asks why he got divorced and his father says that he was not confident to be loved or someone would really love him.  Shows how difficult his life must have been with his hateful / disciplinarian mother.  

JH and JS get together and looks like JH's son went abroad with his mother.  

IT was nice to JH leading a group of new (probably) entreprenuers in a group meeting.  Looked like a library.  The only person who did not end up being nice was the chariman.  He was brushing his teeth and a feather falls on him and he throws it away and then it lands on JS who is sitting outside.  Did she come with JH to see the chairman?  

Anyway, just rambling.   

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Thanks everyone for the updates! Relieved to hear it has a happy ending (or at least, as happy as possible in those circumstances?). Looking forward to watching it with subs tomorrow. Really enjoyed lurking here and reading all your discussions too! <3

• Like 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

IT was nice to JH leading a group of new (probably) entreprenuers in a group meeting.  Looked like a library. 

It reminded me of all the books that he had kept in those two huge rooms of books that he had when he was married to SK. :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화
25 minutes ago, thistle said:

It reminded me of all the books that he had kept in those two huge rooms of books that he had when he was married to SK. :)

Looks like it were the same books.  Wonder if they are living in the same house.  I know the door to JS house had something like music school or something.  Also, JS is going to college?  Finishing up since someone in one the previous episodes mentioned that she did not have a degree - was unable to finish since life turned upside down in an instant on her birthday when her mother and sister died.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Looks like it were the same books.  Wonder if they are living in the same house.  I know the door to JS house had something like music school or something.  Also, JS is going to college?  Finishing up since someone in one the previous episodes mentioned that she did not have a degree - was unable to finish since life turned upside down in an instant on her birthday when her mother and sister died.  

Nice catch on that, finally she is doing something for herself.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just from un-subbed Viki viewing, they sure did try to jam pack all the resolution and happiness into one episode.  Plus all those redemptions (seems like) and punishment (FIL) all in an hour +.  I feel the antagonists got off too easy.   Not complaining too much as I now feel “safe” to carefully watch it with sub for happy ending.   Even as they were smiling at each other, going back to their old stomping grounds, I was thinking if one of them would be struck by a truck. (Old K-Drama trauma).  While the younger versions were pretty to look at, I mostly enjoyed watching the two main characters of the present days interact. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Flaneur2 said:

While the younger versions were pretty to look at, I mostly enjoyed watching the two main characters of the present days interact. 

Same.  I am surprised by how many people seem to have rejected the present day couple and were interested only in the younger version.  Seems to me that the basis of the story is about growth and change as well as what does not change in our hearts--thus the story is nothing without the older version of our couple.

.....so it was a "happy ending" which I had not dared hope for from the start.  That was a good thing.  And it's also good that the writer tried to wrap it all up neatly.  I thought that, perhaps, it was all a little too neat and a little too easy.  I thought that some things were left by the wayside and a few things were left unanswered but I guess that is okay.  I thought that the scene with the four leads was a bit too sweet (not to mention that it was similar to the scene at the end of Come Here and Hug Me where the leads hugged their younger selves) but I guess that is okay, too. 

Honestly, I don't feel fully satisfied by the ending.  But it did remind me of a favorite line from a very old TV show where the lead character had to decide what the choice of a righteous man should be.  He said:  There is no justice; there is only mercy. 

I was bothered by the birthday scene but that was hard for me in a very personal way and it is something I have been uncomfortable about during this drama because

Spoiler

my birthday is also the anniversary of my mother's death--it is never easy an easy day but I remind myself that she believed in celebrating life and not wasting time in mourning.  I'll be remembering that this week when my day comes around.  

but I think it was an important change that had to be made for JS to be able to move forward into the future.  

Perhaps what I feel at the ending of this drama is a general sense of melancholy.  It was a painful drama but a good one.  Will I watch it again?  Probably not.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

Enjoyed the resolution and beautiful finale to this ride (even though this was a viewing without subs yet).

Relieved too.

It was a befitting finale to a mellow but very beautiful painfully-memorable romance, and they tied up most loose ends organically enough that I didn't feel shortchanged (as with some dramas).

I teared when JS finally could reach closure, on what the painfully-traumatic baggage she had been carrying all throughout and imprisoned herself with.

Love the OST - esp #1, 3 and 4

Love the lead couple - as always, the quiet but powerful nuances of a Lee Bo-young performance, and the Yoo Ji-tae delivery of steely to heartwarming melting, in a heartbeat.

But also enjoyed the young couple ... the young version of Yoo Ji-tae especially, seems similar to me - in sync with how he conveys through body language, expressions and reactions.

Have to confess I started skimming midway though, because there was just a whole lot of angst to stomach.

Glad and relieved the ride ended well and everyone managed to make peace with past and present, and reach closure.  They need it, to come to terms with everything to move on. 

Though I still have reservations for JH's son - given what he was to start off with (and now coupled with the grandpa in jail stigma, and parents breaking up). Actually both kids - JS's son also seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

This drama will take its place with On The Way to Airport (Kim Ha-neul, Lee Sang-yoon) for me -  its nice mellow feel, gorgeous background cinematography and accompanying OSTs ... memorably beautiful romance, but yet tinged throughout with poignance.

p/s: you can write on concrete with a fountain pen nib? ;)

• Like 11
  • Love 2
On 6/13/2020 at 5:22 PM, Kitty_Litter said:

Another is Ji Su's missing or lost right shoe was indicative of her life. She lost 1/2 of her life that day and I'd assume that missing shoe will reappear to make her life somehow whole again.  

For me, that was one of the poignant scenes because at that time JS was shutting JH from her life. Deep down, she was longing for JH.

I think it was shown later on that JH had the other missing shoe when he was serving the military and JS visited him on the day of her birthday.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:22 PM, Kitty_Litter said:

It was ep 9 when JH pick it up again and secretly sang his heart out in Dong Jin's office,

where DJ even harbored naughty thoughts about why JH was looking for a quiet secluded place.  It probably meant,  he got Ji Su back in his life.

I also interpreted this scene that JH was finding his past self again. He hadn't picked up his guitar in a long time and so he finally found the time to practice playing guitar.

And to add onto your list of clues — guitar and show — I love the modes of transportation we see throughout the drama.

Earlier episodes: JS's heel breaks and she reluctantly gets on JH's car.

Medial episode: JS and JH are both at the train station. JH tells her he will come to her. JS boards the train and leaves JH at the station.

Second to last episode: JS and JH take the bus back to Seoul. JH gets on last minute and says he just wanted to go to Seoul with her. :heart:

IAqRlB8.png

2 hours ago, thistle said:

I was bothered by the birthday scene but that was hard for me in a very personal way and it is something I have been uncomfortable about during this drama because

Hide contents

my birthday is also the anniversary of my mother's death--it is never easy an easy day but I remind myself that she believed in celebrating life and not wasting time in mourning.  I'll be remembering that this week when my day comes around.  

but I think it was an important change that had to be made for JS to be able to move forward into the future.  

I'm sorry to hear that you were bothered by the birthday scene. I hope you will do something for yourself and find closure like how JS dreamt of her mother and sister turned back and looked at JS. And keep in mind with what JH tells JS: Just because something pains you, you can't cut it out of your life. You must tend it more often with more care. 

13 hours ago, thistle said:

Just my thinking:  I believe that we have to learn from the past but we need to remember that we don't live in it.  It is in the present time that there is power that can be used for good.  We have to take responsibility for our actions today; every kindness makes a difference.  And we have to walk forward confidently to the future.

You have so much wisdom! It goes in hand with what present JS and JH went through. In the earlier episodes, they were living in their past, but as they started meeting and making the steps to come back together, they learned from the past and took action to be where they want to be now. 

This leads to why I love the past selves and the present selves hugging each other and walking down the path together. (It even motivated me to finally learn how to make a gif and post it here)

RHdHis3.gif

Spoiler

I love this shot because a bird unexpectedly flies over them. Also Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young's walking is so in sync!!!! 

Present JH: All of yesterday is in today and I am connected to you, as you are connected to us.

Present JS: Life is always flowing by, and the flower is always ready to bloom.

And this is what JS adds onto the wall: For a million years, everyone's love shall bloom. 

Qgankol.png

I have the same sentiments for everyone here. I hope your love blooms. If you are having trouble or you are thinking too much about the past, remember that JH and JS held up well. Remember to give yourself time to recover and heal from any wounds of the past. You deserve happiness and you will find your love. 

P.S. I might come back to this thread every now and then because this is my all time favorite drama now. Who knows? I might make more gifs and post it here. :) 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

Yes, I see their past and present selves needed to come to terms with each other too, and actually forgive and let go. (JS perhaps more than JH ... because she was also PTSD shell-shocked in guilt).

When we first met them - they were both 'existing'.

Neither happy with the current state they were in, but also not doing anything about it ... and just soldiering along.

For them to not always be trapped in the past ... they both needed to come to terms with what-was.

While it held cherished m'ries ... it was also time to move on to the present and embrace it.

Beautiful back story, beautiful romance.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Oh my heart is full! One of the best drama I've watched. They properly tied up the ends. Although 1 week ago I wished for SK & ex-hub to rot, I'm glad that writer chose to have a decent closure for these 2. I also like that both kids are shaped as understanding teenagers as opposed to broken, in a way telling audience that if divorces are handled carefully/in a civilised manner between the adults, we can avoid from sacrificing/compromising the children's lives. 

So beautiful so heartwarming, young romance was full of hope and sunshine while the adult relationship is grounded, full of trust and long-lasting. Definitely a re-watch. 

Thanks friends for the stay. I've enjoyed my time here in this thread, with although few but very steadfast members lol. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, haha1999 said:

Am watching the last episode. The birthday scene indeed was very moving :tears::tears:

So they did get married, noticed the different ring on Jisu:wub:

They did! Adult JH wears matching ring as JS (I noticed when adult JH is patting young JH's shoulder). On a separate note, I know both of them are happily married in RL, but YJT & LBY look ridiculously good together, you can't help to ship them for real (if they are both single).  Both elegant & adorable , what an eye-candy couple. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I’m still waiting for the last two episodes to be entirely subbed but I’m very happy we got a happy ending. I absolutely love how the last scene looped right back to the very first time JS and JH met. He had already noticed her all the way back then :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 1