Quantcast

26 minutes ago, enchantedyears said:

Ep. 10 Recap

:star: You are officially my hero!  Recapping is hard work. 

Thank you so much!  :heart:

22 minutes ago, Thirtysvn37 said:

Is it just me, but I really want Jae Hyun to stay rich after his battle with the chairman and be with Ji Soo.

I definitely want him to be with JS.....but I'm not sure about the riches.  Too much money tends to attract evil (both in drama and in real life).  I wouldn't want them to be either rich or poor.

• Like 9
  • Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ep. 10 Recap   We start off with the train scene. - 1995 - JS runs to the hospital, she's drenched in the rain. Instead of the morgue, she heads to the emergency room. But all she se

DCInside post from the Director of When My Love Blooms (Trans. enchantedyears. Source)   Hello, everyone... I'm Son Jung Hyun, the director of "When My Love Blooms".   I would like

This was originally a double post of the one above. I'm gonna use this area for a DC Gallery post translation instead    Chronological Timeline of Young Jisoo and Jaehyun's Relationship (Sour

@enchantedyears, as the Japanese say, thanks for the hard work.

I saw the RAW and it looks like the chairman is surprised in the end by the revelation of something to do with JH’s dad. What? He didn’t realize who JH’s dad was? Or maybe he has harmed so many people that he can’t keep track of his victims. 

JH looked pretty annoyed that chaebol wife went to his mom to intervene. Heh. I still have zero sympathy for her. She’s always involving other people in her cause. The kids only found out about the adults because of her tactics to cowardly employ anyone and everyone is her lame cause to keep JH by her side. May her goals be forever thwarted. Perhaps they can bring back her mom so that she can move pass her “trauma”.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

@triplem, I was actually wondering the same too, if JH knew that the chairman was responsible for his dad’s death and that’s why he married the chaebol wife as a stepping stone to bringing down her father. On the other hand, there is also the possibility, like you said, that he found out after marriage. Even if the former is the case, JH is still human so naturally he will still feel guilty towards chaebol wife and his son. I think he loves his son, however, he probably considers bringing down the chairman a separate issue. Chaebol wife is not ignorant that JH and her father will enter a war soon because her father already warned her in last week’s episodes. Whether she choose to believe it or not is up to her.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Ep. 11 Text Preview

"Now... It would be nice if no one leaves."

Now that Jaehyun and Jisoo are well aware of the pain of suddenly losing their loved ones, they understand each other deeply. Concerned about Jisoo who's being fired from the [music] academy, Jaehyun goes through a lot of trials and errors in order to help her. Jisoo's dad, Hyunggu, who has returned to his senses finds out that Jaehyun is next to Jisoo and contacts Jaehyun secretly. After learning of all the ill-fated relationships of the past, Chairman Jang (Seokyung's dad) uses Seokyung and Junseo as shields to attack Jaehyun further. Meanwhile in 1996, an unexpected soul-crushing news is delivered to Jaehyun who is enlisting in the military.

BRUH JISOO CAN'T GET A BREAK HUH :bawling::heartbreak:

--

@celebrianna @thistle @triplem you're welcome :lol:

@celebrianna one of the things that stuck to me the most is when SK refers to JH's personality as cold when we know JH never treats the people he cares about in that manner. Him and SK are not hitting a rough patch, the relationship itself is a bad match that starts right when SK insisted she wants to marry JH coupled by her possessive personality. On the other side, it's possible JH already has his plans long before he married SK and took the marriage as an extra advantage.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

Ep. 10 was... :tears::tears:

Oh, poor Ji-Soo. Poor Jae-Hyeon.

So Jae-Hyeon's father was unjustly framed as someone who betrayed his labor union while battling with Jang San (chairman of Hyung Sung) and ended up committing suicide. So Jae-Hyeon's actually been in stealth revenge mode against Hyung Sung for a looooong time.

And Ji-Soo's father was involved, too. Perhaps he was the prosecutor who "fixed" this case against Jae-Hyeon's father.

If this was a weekend makjang, Jang San would also be responsible for the department store collapse, too (after all, he also owns Hyung Sung STEEL). But even so, he is the Big Bad anyway.

Although Ji-Soo's father was cruel to her and tried so hard to tear our OTP apart, I loved that moment of recognition between them, as they both comforted each other over the loss they both suffered.

I loved that Yeong-Min got to have his say, even if it was only to the principal. "This school can shove it for not protecting me while I was bullied, so bye." After all, he was a top-scoring scholarship student who the school wanted enough to waive his tuition, room and board. Joon-Seo may bring the money in, but Yeong-Min was a valuable student to the school, too, to help burnish their academic standards. They didn't deserve him. Poor boy had it tough, but he's really mature and sweet. He's going to be okay. (we hope)

The one I feel sorry for is Joon-Seo. His dad never loved his mom, his mom is a sad, vindictive cipher, and his dad is about to burn down everything as he leaves. Having been spoiled rotten and taught no values, he's probably not equipped to become a decent citizen in this world. But he is a chaebol progeny, so... one line from "Heirs" stuck with me: "Chaebol companies never die, it's just that their owners change."

Well, both boys have it hard. Yeong-Min seems like a great kid, but his dad sucks and his paternal grandmother is a nightmare. No one has a happy, easy life in this show. (Except for maybe Dong-Jin.)

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

@celebrianna and @triplem, both of you bring up wonderful perspectives on whether JaeHyun knew about SK's father or not. It's quite tricky. At times JH seems to be very human, but at other times, he's materialistic and, as JS notes, "sunbae has changed." 

My points to back up how JH's character is portrayed: 

In ep9, when he was drunk, he started listing all the people he worried. I was like damn man, he's holding a lot inside! 

But then in ep 10, we get a flashback of JH saying that he will tell JS the long story one day. It feels as if he had planned it for a long time.

And if we go back to the train scene when JS tells JH about her mother and sister's passing, JH advises her, "It's not about how you get through it, it's about how you accept it." This tells a lot about JH. I speculate that he was planning to bring down SK's father from the start. 

PQAEzKE.jpg

This is also my favorite shot because JH and JS are finally putting their past behind their backs and we see the window view receding!

I feel like each episode there's more suffering and more suffering from each side of the OTP. so much stress that I had to listen to Taeyeon's song Stress to let my emotions cool down. :lol:  At times I want them together, but other times I want them to go through their separate paths. JH gets divorced and stays single. JS builds her career and raises her son with confidence. And then, we can get a Season 2 of them getting back together and living their lives to the fullest! the struggles! I feel like I'm going back and forth with my thoughts. oh boy. What has this drama done to me? 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

@ponderings, I love that shot of them on the train too. I feel these two people have been through a lifetime of trouble without any end in sight. Now the chairman also wants to target Ji Soo “because she doesn’t know how to be afraid” according to him. I hope somebody drag him down from his throne and all the retribution from his past gives him a pay day. That’s just my wishful thinking. 

Youngmin. I love this kid! If the principal had any iota of character, he would have been ashamed of himself when Youngmin told him why he was leaving the school but some people don’t know how to be ashamed. I hope Ji Soo can get him into a good school this time around. He’s a sensible kid who knows to own up to his faults. Ji Soo really raised him well.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

@celebrianna I'm hoping the chairman gets his doomsday soon, too. Did you get a deja vu when there was a close up shot of the chairman's index finger pausing before tapping it on the chair? I thought of the Jang chairman in Itaewon Class :lol: All kidding aside, that scene further confirms my love for JS who really knows how to stand up for herself. 

I'm also hoping that Youngmin will find a supportive community in a new school and smile more. This kid needs to live more as a kid! 

• Like 8

Some thoughts on this week's eps.

On Joonseo

Where do I even begin... I feel bad that he's practically a collateral damage due to the adults around him. And it's possible he's the one who's going to be left without proper support once it's over. Being predominantly raised by professional manipulators, bullies and enablers like Seokyung and Jang San must've fed Joonseo's ego so much that he becomes a bully himself. I'd like to think he can change once Seokyung and SK's dad's influence on him is gone, but I'm not too sure. As long as he doesn't own up to his wrongdoings as a bully, he's still a lost cause.

One thing that intrigues me is his interactions with Jaehyun. There's a feeling of obedience and politeness(?) I get from Joonseo when he's with his dad. I expected him to burst out in anger after being told about who Jisoo is, but he mostly sat there in silence. And I wonder why he didn't tell Seokyung about the real reason why the fight happened. Did he want to protect Seokyung or was it because something else? I'm actually kind of scared Joonseo is going to be so rebellious later on that he becomes the person who holds the divorce back.

On telling the kids about the relationship

I saw people talking about this part on DCInside and was wondering what you guys think about telling Joonseo and Youngmin about JS and JH's past. Should they protect the kids' innocence by lying and denying what happened? Or do you think what JS and JH did is for the best? I can't still make up my mind, mostly on Jaehyun's part. Jisoo's way of telling Youngmin definitely comes from the fact that she knows Youngmin very well (he's quite mature + perceptive) and she won't be able to lie to him.

On Jaehyun

Can I just say how much I love the cheesy and silly present-day Jaehyun? Aside from going way above and beyond in giving Jisoo presents, he cheers her up in the cheesiest ways. I, too, would like to fall for and grow old with a person like that :wub: This man has a lot on his shoulders but still makes time to joke around.

3Set5rm.png D4ZTdhv.jpg

BygxnKl.png P7C5Ctr.png

What a cute ahjusshi... :lol:

Other disjointed thoughts and predictions:

• That old protestor guy seems like he's ready to kill Jaehyun the moment he has the chance. He looks so disappointed and sad when he found out they can't proceed with their lawsuit. If the writer wants to add more makjang elements, here's the chance to do so :vicx:
  • Is Jisoo thinking of moving to the house she saw after sending the little girl home?
  • I hope Youngmin gets to study at a better school and Sehun won't use the incident to get custody of Youngmin again...
  • Once Jaehyun's divorce is final I want to see who gets custody of Joonseo. Jaehyun can definitely build a case around Seokyung's drinking habit.
  • “full mental clarity can appear quite abruptly and unexpectedly just hours or days before death.” during a moment of lucidity, perhaps Jisoo's dad is going to accept the relationship, apologize to Jaehyun for what happened in the past, and then... you know... RIP?
  • I want to see more present-day Hyejeong tbh. I love her personality!
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
1 hour ago, enchantedyears said:

what you guys think about telling Joonseo and Youngmin about JS and JH's past. Should they protect the kids' innocence by lying and denying what happened?

JS and JH did the right thing by telling the truth to their sons.  Lying to kids is not good, no matter what the reason.  It may be necessary sometimes to tell a simplified version of the truth but a hurtful truth will Always be better than a kind lie.

Just for example:  this is why I have issues with parents making Santa Claus "real" for their kids:  it ends up in heartbreak later, and it damages the trust relationship between parent and child.  My folks told me that Santa Claus was a fun game to play but it was a secret that this was a game so I shouldn't tell anyone but I could talk to my parents about it and ask any questions I needed to.  Problem solved:  I knew I could trust my parents to tell the truth and I still got to have fun playing the Santa game.

In this case, problem solved:  the parents were straightforward and told as much as the kids could understand or cope with.  The kids had already heard the gossip and gossip is too often full of lies.  If their parents failed to tell them the truth at this point, it would be a set up for a ton of future trouble with their sons.

1 hour ago, enchantedyears said:

Is Jisoo thinking of moving to the house she saw after sending the little girl home?

She disappeared before.  I have a feeling she could easily do it again.  She knows someone is following her.  She knows that her ex is a problem.  She knows that JH's FIL is big trouble.  So I think that her next step is that she's gonna want to protect her cub like any good tiger mama, and she's likely to follow the pattern she has used in the past.  My guess:  they will pack a suitcase and go in the middle of the night.

JS has already showed that she's able to let things go before too (like the guitar) so, even though it could be very hurtful to JH, she could walk away from all the things he gave her during this episode.

.....editing because I had one more thought:  at the end of the promo for next week, I think JS says something about not making the same huge mistake she made in the past.  I suspect that past mistake is letting go of JH and maybe she's ready to fight for him.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

And she lost her sis, mom in a departmental store collapse. I can't remember which other k-drama also had its lead character lose their family in a similar incident?

The drama is Just Between Lovers ~ a great drama for anyone who haven't watched it.

I just finished ep.9 ~ teared up a bit when they were talking at the stairs in front of her apartment door. No comment yet as I haven't finished reading all the comments here to avoid spoilers for ep.10. Will soon dive into it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Lucky Ji Soo for havin' a super wealthy bf ha-ha! He bought so many new stuff for her apartment. And she lost her sis, mom in a departmental store collapse. I can't remember which other k-drama also had its lead character lose their family in a similar incident? Now Seo Kyung wants to fight for Jae Hyun aigoo~ I somehow sympathise more for Song Hye Kyo's ex hubby (no I don't mean Song Joong Ki LoL) in her drama Encounter

When Ji Soo boldly asked Jae Hyun if he wanted to have ramen, I was like oooh la la! But then turned out she meant it literally LMFAo. Get my mind out of the gutter.

I wish I could have a super wealthy boyfriend like JH :D He seemed to purchase all new stuffs for JS's apartment. Next time maybe he will buy her a new luxury apartment.

Sorry I have not watched the ep. 10 so I must wait to tonight when I have free time after working Monday. I hope the ep. 10 does not let me cry so much but maybe it's impossible.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

@ktcjdrama

I didn't watch that. I think it's a different one oh well, thanks anyway.

I knew it!

Jae Hyun is planning to take down Hyung Sung and yea that includes his damn FIL. Jun Seo is truly his mother's son. Seo Kyung's not makin' things better either by pinning it on Young Min - who's actually the real victim. 

Why's the sanatorium equipped with such poor security!? It's so dangerous to have any of their patients run out freely like that. It was sort of too close to home for me in regards between Ji Soo and her dad.. as it sort of mirrors the fractured relationship I have with my late mom as well.. 

Geez I just wish for our otp to be happy, is that too much to ask drama LoL!? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The idea for the backstory of Just Between Lovers was based on what happened during the shopping mall collapse in Seoul but in the drama this was a fictitious accident in Busan.  If you haven't seen it, give it a try.  JBL is one of the very, very best dramas ever.

I'll spoiler tag so that this isn't OT but here's a video clip:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Why's the sanatorium equipped with such poor security!?

I think it's because JS can't afford a better place for her dad.  At the beginning of the drama, he had his own caretaker but the woman raised her fees and JS lost her job so I think that JS's dad doesn't have anyone watching over him at the rest home now.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

did anyone actually catch what happened when JH purchased the new stuff ?

cause if I am not wrong.. he had a change of heart after seeing that shoe...which is a symbol for what she went thru

he actually returned everything he bought ( cause it sounded dishonest and JS wasn't going to accept it anyway ) ... he only left that note...thats what I got 

thats what I think happened even though it was done pretty low key

I know it might have been confusing but knowing JSs pride and seeing she didnt show a reaction ... thats what I concluded... when she opened the shoe cabinet...I didnt see the expensive shoes ? so i am thinking you must have missed that 

BUT STILL I MIGHT BE WRONG.IDK...I might go and rewatch the scene carefully

... about the mall collapse ... I am not sure where the events is taking place in the past... but they have used the actual news footage from 95 Sampoong Department Store disaster which killed hundreds of ppl ....so i am not sure if its fictitious or not 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

That's right! The drama I was referring to was Chocolate thanks @chickfactor for that LoL! Another painfully slow, mellow, healing genre ha-ha with a lackluster ending ugh. But I adore Yoon Kye Sang he's such a babe LoL. 

Idk why but it's gettin' a bit like Itaewon Class a lil bit now with Jae Hyun plannin' vengeance against a conglomerate and it involves its evil CEO too. I'm glad that Joon Seo had a conscience at least LoL. When his mom mentioned to ruin Young Min, Joon Seo looked regretful? 

I also liked how Ji Soo told Young Min that the scholarship was kind of fishy. Like she used the saying, there are no free lunches in this world except for mine eheheh. Her bond with him is really endearing.. I guess it's true that kids mirror their parents. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In a way Jae Hyun hasn’t changed in his single-minded devotion to a cause. When I listen to the extent he intend to go, it’s no wonder the prosecutor warned him again, reminding him of the price he will most likely have to pay. I kept thinking why doesn’t he just walk away and pursue a simple, less exhausting life. However, I understand he’s invested a lot of years and dedication to taking down the chairman because of the chairman’s dirty employment practices that also turned his father into a victim. 

I must reiterate how much I like that the drama is carried by the four leads. I don’t think I have seen it done this way. I enjoying all four actors so much. I’m off to rewatch episodes 9 and 10 now that the subs are complete.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

JBL is the drama that is basing its story on that mall collapsed. But there were other dramas which refer to it too and yes, Chocolate was the most recent one. 

@enchantedyears I was cheering when they were telling their own kids the truth about their relationship. At last, no lying and covering up. I love seeing their close relationship with their kids. Even though JH been in prison for four years, I can’t help but feel that the son is closer to him than his mother. I was surprised too that he actually sat quietly and let JH finished his story. 

Ep.10 made me cry much again. Especially the part when she left him the goodbye note. 

As for whether or not JH knew about the involvement of evil chairman with his father’s death, I’d like to think that he found out after marrying SK. He seems to love her at one time. Otherwise, why would he be worried about her and their son even now.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, dodomummim said:

Sorry I have not watched the ep. 10 so I must wait to tonight when I have free time after working Monday. I hope the ep. 10 does not let me cry so much but maybe it's impossible.

Good luck.  If you cried for ep 9, 10 is truly a tear jerker.  I had not cried the entire 9 episodes, but 10 got to me.  So, keep your kleenex handy.  With this epidemic and shutdown and supply of Kleenex scarce , maybe a washable towel is better.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화