Quantcast

Idk why but I'm gettin' like major Bollywood vibes from the plot LMFAo! It just feels so drawn out and so epic ha-ha. Not to mention so ott.

So it was Ji Soo's dad who tore our otp apart but now in later years, it's their respective spouses who are continuing it. Disappointed in Young Woo...but he was acting out of spite. Poor Ji Soo bein' controlled by the patriarchal men in her life. First her dad and now her ex husband. Looks like she'd have to give up Jae Hyun again. Gosh noble idiocy all over LoL.

Seo Kyung with Ji Soo's ex both cheated on Jae Hyun, Ji Soo yet they dare make shameless claims on their spouses tsk. It's goin' to be a very heavy 10 ep. ahead...  

• Like 6
  • Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ep. 10 Recap   We start off with the train scene. - 1995 - JS runs to the hospital, she's drenched in the rain. Instead of the morgue, she heads to the emergency room. But all she se

DCInside post from the Director of When My Love Blooms (Trans. enchantedyears. Source)   Hello, everyone... I'm Son Jung Hyun, the director of "When My Love Blooms".   I would like

This was originally a double post of the one above. I'm gonna use this area for a DC Gallery post translation instead    Chronological Timeline of Young Jisoo and Jaehyun's Relationship (Sour

I don't feel bad at all shipping JS & JH since their ex-husband/wife are both jackass/beetch who had affairs first. If the spouses are good people, then it would've conflicted my moral compass lol.  I'd like to see Dong Jin + Young Woo teaming up to support JS & JH. Oh and the cute driver/assistant. Perhaps JS dad will come to his senses (better late than never), JH mother will fight for her son's happiness. Oh what a team these people would make. And to add cherry on top of the cake, both kids become best friends. Yay!

Hahaha, that's too much to ask, eh? Lol , whatever! Bring on the angst! I want hopeless-longing romance, dramatic reunion & fierce battle. And kisses, many kisses haha. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Idk why but I'm gettin' like major Bollywood vibes from the plot LMFAo! It just feels so drawn out and so epic ha-ha. Not to mention so ott.

So it was Ji Soo's dad who tore our otp apart but now in later years, it's their respective spouses who are continuing it. Disappointed in Young Woo...but he was acting out of spite. Poor Ji Soo bein' controlled by the patriarchal men in her life. First her dad and now her ex husband. Looks like she'd have to give up Jae Hyun again. Gosh noble idiocy all over LoL.

Seo Kyung with Ji Soo's ex both cheated on Jae Hyun, Ji Soo yet they dare make shameless claims on their spouses tsk. It's goin' to be a very heavy 10 ep. ahead...  

Has Jae Hyun outright asked for divorce yet?? If not, then Seo Kyung is still his wife and can fight to preserve her marriage, she is allowed to if she wants to and if Jae Hyun does not disagree to it....countless women around the world give their cheating husbands second chance...not saying its right or ideal or something I support but Jae Hyun hasn't been honest here, shameless would be not giving him a divorce if Jae Hyun asks for one...he can do the right thing...unlike Ji Soo...Seo Kyung and Jae Hyun are transparent and in teems where they can have honest conversations....in that context Ji Soo is the other women literally and in the eyes of court of law....and Jae Hyun is right now actively putting her in that spot.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I hate one more thing here though....Ji Soo's fatber was terrible to her so why is she saddled with taking care of him?? Just giving birth doesn't qualify him to be treated with respect or love by default when he was emotionally abusive to Ji Soo his entire life....I know Ji Soo is being painted as the masochist heroine with heart of gold but was shoving ambesiac father who was toxic to her necessary...one psycho ex and poor background with custody battle should be enough here

Hate to break it to you but it's the norm in Asia. Once they become adults, children are expected to take care of their aging parents as a way to repay them for raising them as kids. That's why having a child is expected (although in East Asia the trend is changing), some people even aim to have more than one kid so they have at least someone to take care of them when they're old.

JS' dad is rather lucky because he can still be treated in a ward with a dedicated nurse. Where I'm from, most people would take care of their sick parent at home themselves or with non-professional help such as maid, since hiring a professional caretaker/nurse is not the most affordable option.

4 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Oh, and what they wrote on the wall in the preview - Jae-Hyeon hearts Ji-Su and they will love each other for a million years. 1995.5.12

I mean, that is cute and corny, but in this show, it just gets me *right here.* Yes, this is old-fashioned romance with swelling violin music, lots of tears, and old love letters kept in a box. I LOVE IT. I am sad I have to wait until next weekend to see more!

:heart: everything you said esp the part above!! I've never fallen for a drama so hard and so early. I gasped the first time I watched the opening credits. It is so breathtaking that I never skip it every time I rewatch an episode. If the plot goes south, at least I have something beautiful to remember :D

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@enchantedyears

Yup filial piety is one of the core pillars of asian culture, in particular South Korea. I actually had a domestic live-in helper share once that her mom had all 12 of her siblings so that they could take care of her in her retirement years.

Agreed (nods) that Ji Soo's dad is at least placed at a hospice with round the clock care. I loss my mom a year ago and she was under my care for sometime before she was cared for by my brother (he was reluctant btw that's a whole other story let's not get into that) He had a live-in domestic helper to care for our mom & she didn't really do much tbh. Despite what anyone says that money isn't everything, it at least gives you better options y'know?

@Nymeria289

Not sure. I presume he has LoL? Otherwise she wouldn't be sinking her claws now would she?! She keep reiterating that he's the best choice she ever made. She only cheated to get a rise out of him, but he still pines for Ji Soo.

The reason why Jae Hyun is shackled to Seo Kyung is no thanks to her mobster of a dad! He has already threatened Jae Hyun countless times he would destroy Jae Hyun if he ever left Seo Kyung. So both our otp are stuck basically.   

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I hate one more thing here though....Ji Soo's fatber was terrible to her so why is she saddled with taking care of him?? Just giving birth doesn't qualify him to be treated with respect or love by default when he was emotionally abusive to Ji Soo his entire life....I know Ji Soo is being painted as the masochist heroine with heart of gold but was shoving ambesiac father who was toxic to her necessary...one psycho ex and poor background with custody battle should be enough here

This so much this. On the plus side at least it his own funds must be paying for his care, cause with a personally caregiver and stuff there's no way she could afford that. She's got enough angst if struggling to pay for his care was also part of it that really would be taking the richard simmons.

My dude so loves his Ji Su yet he keeps putting her in danger. He needs to slow his roll, he's juggling way too many things at once somethings gotta give. :wacko:

They need to show us how this cretin won Ji Su over for her to end up married and having a kid for him. He looks slimy, he behaves slimy, how did they end up together?

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I still don't hate Jae Hyun's wife but Young Min's father is a nasty piece of work. Jisoo in my book doesn't score high as a responsible mother anyway neither does Jae Hyun as a father. You can't raise a happy kid when you are this miserable goes for both. They need to set their priorities straight.

@Nymeria289 Yeah. Those two kids are suffering. Poor Young Min and Joon Seo. They need to be showered with parental love. I mean these two are in boarding school outside the city. We don't raelly much scenes with JH and Joon Seo too.

5 hours ago, haha1999 said:

So Yongmin is JS and JH's son??

No. I don't think so. Because that will then create an story arc and validate in JH only married SK cause she's pregnant. I mean. We all know He loves JS. He married SK for several reasons.  But I remember Youn Min in one scene, said he's jealous that Joon Seo has Jaehyun for a dad.  Joon Seo might be feeling bad too for all we know.  I don't see that much  love flowing between JH and his son either. But this is a romance story so children becomes more like side story but major one.

------

Park Si Yeon appreiation. She always plays the woman we dislike...but only in kdramas. Gotta post. Pls indulge.

Our antagonist. Seo Kyung and her outfits. The way a character is dressed.You can see aura and the mood

I finally found this. Dyring this scene when SK stood up turn around and walk way. Wow too short but. I like

This scene I think she had confrontation with JH.

cr@

Looks like modern classy Chinese dress. Pretty. She works with models and chaebol daughter

Ill be honest. Not exactly sure what SK  main job. But I think it's fashin related?

cr@

Not my style but in this scene wore it nice. It made SK soft actually. Her aura

JH cheating, but Sse also was cheating with the model. But she said it's because he wasn't around for 4 years.

cr@

• Like 7

Episode 5+6

• It's about time JH gets some power or starts to make a move. JS has to bear so much, it's about time she gets on the winning side. I want to see them working together. It really feels like I watch "Whisper" again. :D 
  • Young Ji Soo is just pure love. 
  • The coffee must be REALLY good. :joy: The product placement was so obvious, I laughed so hard. Twice in an episode? Aish...
  • I really love the drama so far, it will be so pleasant to watch them grow together again and begin fighting. It feels like JS is giving in, but JH is finally ready to fight back and do what he probably couldn't do when he was young. 
  • Not much to say honestly besides that, it's one of those dramas I just enjoy. LBY dramas are always so good.

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

This is the thing that bothers me the most about Ji Soo’s story. I dislike that she has no control over her life. In the past and present, her dad had all the power. Added to that, in the present is the constant threat and power play of her slimy ex-husband. Yes, notice that Ji Soo, in the present time, told her dad not to worry, she won’t go to HJH. It’s like she also wants to honor what ever promise she made to the horrid father in the past.That’s why I said previously somebody needs to save her from herself or she’ll sacrifice her newly earned freedom all over again and then both her and Young Min will be trapped in that terrible family.

• Like 7

JS was so afraid of lost custody, that she forgot to fight for her child. No mater how bad her ex is, but in all this bulling episode he was the only one, who decided to find the truth. 

Good people can make bad choices and bad people can make good choices. But it's a tragedy, when a someone decided, that only he has a right to make choices. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, tas82 said:

My dude so loves his Ji Su yet he keeps putting her in danger. He needs to slow his roll, he's juggling way too many things at once somethings gotta give. :wacko:

They need to show us how this cretin won Ji Su over for her to end up married and having a kid for him. He looks slimy, he behaves slimy, how did they end up together?

:lol: Agreed. I was thinking that HJH is putting Ji Soo in danger. However, then I had to admit that HJH has no idea that a slimy ex is lurking in dark places. Although he saw a shadow of Ji Soo’s married family at the hospital, he probably didn’t know that the ex-husband has a creepy obsession with Ji Soo and refuses to acknowledge reality. Hopefully he will understand the true nature of Ji Soo’s situation in the next episode and both him and her bar friend try to help her in an effective way.

I know HJH regrets his protesting days. He was trying to protect the weak, lost the people that were important to him and probably became disenchanted and cynical. However, perhaps he will soon realize that he now has a chance again to protect those things that are important to him and this time he had better not fail. Quite frankly, HJH looks like he’s living passively. I know he has something going in secret, but I noticed that even with his wife, he does not agree or disagree with anything she says about them. He just lets her talk and he listens without a word...almost like he’s biding his time or enduring her constant whining. :lol: When I look at his younger self, so determined and brave, I just see a shell of his former self.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, airgelaal said:

JS was so afraid of lost custody, that she forgot to fight for her child. No mater how bad her ex is, but in all this bulling episode he was the only one, who decided to find the truth. 

Good people can make bad choices and bad people can make good choices. But it's a tragedy, when a someone decided, that only he has a right to make choices. 

Couldn't agree more. She didn't actually did anythimg except telling YM to be a kid, no over thinking, what about asking teachers and other kids for what really happened. I feel school has responsibility too, are all the admins and teachers blind and scared of losing rich family donations?That's not what a school, an education is about.

• Like 4

@enchantedyears I am from Asia and no it is not the norm nor reality....its amplified for the sake of drama and I just don't care for it because it feels like those 80s Bollywood film were the heroine suffers and suffers but still puts up with it.

@Latte_Anyday he made a choice, he has a son...the wife wants to make the marriage work...he has yet to voice his feelings to her.. he has issues with her dad is not good enough reason...Jae Hyun in the past gets sympathy points....this one, he is doing some pretty questionable things.

Edit: His wife trusts him, she seemed genuinely hurt when her father told him what he has been up to behind their back. Also, he is driven by his instinct to protect Ji Soo more than anything else. I can still overlook Ji Su's situation but Jae Hyung is just scoring ridiculously low as each week passes as a father and a husband. Yes, his wife cheated which he chose to forgive. Given all of that, I genuinely don't understand what his end goal is here....no matter what the outcome he will end up this Ji Soo and Jae Hyun saga has way too much collateral damage. He is going to hurt his son, yes that kid is a bully but he is a child, its unlikely him leaving their family, throwing his grandfather under the bus won't further make that child bitter. Its a vortex of bad decisions that will end with two/three people being happy at the expense of a family falling apart completely. I am not sure what the writers thought but that is not a very good way to write a romance drama.

@jongski Ji Soo especially needs to pick her fight. I mean does she not see what its doing to Young Min. I am half scared that kid will volunterily go to his psycho ex just to protect his mom later. To be honest, he is a psycho ex but looks more level headed parent compared to Ji Soo, I still don't get how Ji Soo completely ignored the part where her son threw a whole richard simmons chair at somebody with you're a child, act like a child speech.....I can see million reason why Ji Soo doesn't deserve Young Min's custody...and court of law surely will see more.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I just see a shell of his former self.

Wanted to open this comment by say I totally agree. It do looks like both JS and JH  is like shell of their former self. When her father started to interfere with their relationship they got a rude awakening how other see their relationship. It is like awakening from a dream like JS commented, witch did affect and moved them to what they are now.  Seems like they never got a real closer as other people destroyed their changes to say goodbye to each other... this make me root for them to have a happy ending in the end. you can see how both soften up around each other and the longing. Writer really have showed the love and suffering they had in the past, so you really want them to got a second change this time.

I do not really know what to think of JH marriage. I think it is just too late for his wife to save her marriage. I mean she let him take the fall for her father. Never visit him in prison and just assumed things would fall back to normal when he come back.But 4 year in prison I do think JH got long time to think and I think he was done with a plan. That is why he is so cold toward his wife. I belive he emotionally have checked out of this marriage long time ago.

oh JS is about to do the same mistake she did in the past... It is easy fall back to old habits though...  But I do not think JH gonna let her go this time so easy. gonna be interesting seeing the confrontation between JH and SH. I see some comment saying she is bad mom, but to me she is a capable mom hin her own way. Last week she did have a nice conversation with him and she do know about the bullying. that is why she was thinking about moving school this weeks episode. she do send him text and even said she wanted him to talk if something more happened at school. So to me she is a good mom that want to do the best for her son. 

Tham her ex is obsessed with JS.... why cant he just leave her alone and just focus on caring for his son....

With that say It is so sad seing them all not being happy about their life. It is like when we become real adult or youthful spirits fade and ofte see ourself trapped in life we did not wanted as our dreams fade away. 

• Like 9

I only managed to watch ep.5-6 today...

The ending of ep.6 sent me to tears. The sacrifices the younger counterpart made at that time for each other, and then the sacrifices they are making now for each other. I can't think of words now to describe the feelings.... What JS said at the end, that she doesn't want anything she does to bring harm to JH.... :tears:

On 5/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, haha1999 said:

So Yongmin is JS and JH's son??

A simple answer will be "No" ~ he is 14 years old and JS and JH have not seen each other for 20 years.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I only managed to watch ep.5-6 today...

The ending of ep.6 sent me to tears. The sacrifices the younger counterpart made at that time for each other, and then the sacrifices they are making now for each other. I can't think words now to describe the feelings.... What JS said at the end, that she doesn't want anything she does to bring harm to JH.... :tears:

I do agree with you, that's only sacrifices can let JS make decision like that both in young and current time. I don't know why when I was watching every ep., I could start crying easily, my tears can fulfill my eyes. Everything reminds me to my youth in 9x of 20th century, maybe I am same age of JS and JH at that time. I can feel my heart beating when the drama turned out to the past of this couple. My first love was pretty like that but maybe not have the strikes or something like that but the clubs, the feeling, the strength and also the innocence, unforgettable memories. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

May I suggest that you @Nymeria289 write the script instead huh?!:unamused: :tounge_wink: This is a K-Drama after all which means a lot of suspension of disbelief is heavily required.:smirk::joy: You're takin' this drama waa..yy.. too seriously. 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 5

Is this the original version of the "Some Day We'll Meet Again" - (OST 3) ? It's incredibly nostalgic...

I feel you @dodomummim.  To me, this drama also brings back a lot of feel, particular memorable events, and personal nostalgic connection to my youth.   I teared up easily too while watching this drama.  Recently I have been watching a lot of other Kdramas in x1.25 and even x1.5 fast mode, but for When My Love Blooms, I don't have to do that at all.   I've been able to savor every minute of it and even enjoyed its slowness... I am loving this drama so much! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

May I suggest that you @Nymeria289 write the script instead huh?!:unamused: :tounge_wink: This is a K-Drama after all which means a lot of suspension of disbelief is heavily required.:smirk::joy: You're takin' this drama waa..yy.. too seriously. 

You do realize we are allowed to view a drama differently right?? With different perspective....I do not need to be told to write the script because I am less amused with a fiction....I won't draw comparisons because it will ptobably go against forum rules. I can name melos that ran before this which had better execution even with suspension of disbelief. :D Happy Watching!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화