Quantcast

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ep. 10 Recap   We start off with the train scene. - 1995 - JS runs to the hospital, she's drenched in the rain. Instead of the morgue, she heads to the emergency room. But all she se

DCInside post from the Director of When My Love Blooms (Trans. enchantedyears. Source)   Hello, everyone... I'm Son Jung Hyun, the director of "When My Love Blooms".   I would like

This was originally a double post of the one above. I'm gonna use this area for a DC Gallery post translation instead    Chronological Timeline of Young Jisoo and Jaehyun's Relationship (Sour

Posted (edited)

@enchantedyears Thanks a lot for the detailed recaps.. I hope you'll be doing one for tonight 

@Adwina Oltariani So true that this drama has this magnetic pull ...don't know if it is the OST , or the great chemistry between the leads ( both sets) ...or that we are often drawn to stories of 1st love , regrets and second chances.

While awaiting , I just skimmed through some stuff on IG , and hopefully @enchantedyears can clarify .

Some key highlights:

1. I think Ji Soo's father is trying to get JH into trouble and I believe he is using some dirty tricks - JH's father even came to see him. I do think that JH has a decent relationship with his dad, but I think that JH dad is concerned .

2. We get flashback scenes to how JS's hubby came to defend her  ( seems like love at first sight for him) and how he pursued her after she was released.

3.JS 's dad wanted JS to give up on JH , must have threatened to make life hard for JH. She was avoiding his calls etc..was so sad...a lot of these scenes were flashbacks from JH's perspective as he was sitting by the lake alone reminiscing

4 . Think JS's hub sends her an official legal letter to take back Young Min..so she met him and they had a heated talk, even showed her photo of her and JH that he had taken.

5. Young JH got into trouble  and had to hide... but he borrowed a bike from JS's bestie ( Young Woo) to go see JS. JS asked to break it off...I think that was the only way it would save him.

6. Young JH had been hiding in a monastery,...as we see in present day - JH meeting up with Young Woo, at the same time they flashback to the past and we see how the cops finally found and caught JH - and if I am not mistaken it was Young Woo who disclosed it (need subs) ...

Edited by Guest

I'll never stop being amused that JH is vice-president of big company.. but he always ends up giving lots of small things for JS.. (in the end, he never gave that expensive glove to her) he gave her shoes, umbrella, guitar and now bicycle :D all of them were related to his memories of her :wub:

• Like 10
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

I'll never stop being amused that JH is vice-president of big company.. but he always ends up giving lots of small things for JS.. (in the end, he never gave that expensive glove to her) he gave her shoes, umbrella, guitar and now bicycle :D all of them were related to his memories of her :wub:

Small but memorable right.

He knows that expensive thing is not what jisoo needs but memorable one will be more meaningful

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ep. 6 Quick Recap - because tomorrow's Monday :sweatingbullets:

- We're back with the scene where JH gives JS a guitar and SH sees them from his car.

- JS and JH take a walk in the park. JH is concerned that the nearest bus station is rather far from her house. She says it's okay, she thinks of it as a workout. In return JS asks if he's okay because she knows there's someone following him. JH assures it's okay because Dongjin is also behind this.

- In the past, Dongjin accompanies JH to meet JS and her friends who are on a blind date. JS is not interested in the blind date and keeps saying things to make her date dislike her. Once DJ and JH reach the bar where JS is, JH faces the guy JS is with. JS' date asks if he's JS' boyfriend, but JH gets nervous and scared so he says no. But JS jumps to the occasion by saying "He's my husband." and the three of them leave lol

- Present day JH says that was one of the top three things he wish he could've changed. Another one would be the time he decided to join the protests. Apparently he has regrets that he participated in the protests back then. Because of that he couldn't protect the things that are important in his life.

- In 1995, JH is seen leading a protest in front of the university. He suddenly freezes because his mom finds out and seems saddened by it... His dad also expresses that it would be nice if JH could stop protesting because although it's for a good cause, he's his father's child.

(cont'd under the spoiler tag)

Spoiler

- We go back to the present again where JS & JH walk by the minimarket in JS' neighborhood. JH asks if it's possible to meet JS again. But she says even if they do, there's nothing that can make them laugh together again(?) because she's currently fighting people like JH.

- JS is home and puts the guitar case against her bookshelf. She finally checks her phone and reads a text from YM that says SH has found out about his school problems. She tries to call YM but can't get through.

- JS ends up calling SH who is driving and tailing JH's car. JS says Youngmin's school problems are over. SH says something back but JS hangs up. Turns out JH goes back to the hotel where he met DJ. At the parking lot SH sees JH switch to his real car and changed his jacket, those were Dongjin's. JH might be able to avoid the surveillance from SK's family but this time he got caught by SH...

- We go back to Summer 2004 where SH meets JS for the first time in prison. As we know, JS refuses to settle and serve time instead. After she finishes her time in prison, SH waits for JS outside the prison and brings her tofu that she doesn't eat. He then confesses that he likes her and it must've been hard for her.

- In the present SH is reading news about JH's investigation online. He looks vengeful.

- JH visits her mom's house where many photos of JH with SK and Junseo are displayed. They talk about how Junseo have grown so much and how he doesn't listen to him that well. His mom's radio is broken but JH says he has one at home that might still work. JH suddenly feels like singing his mom a song, it's Yoo Jae Ha's Because I Love You. When he sings, he thinks of all the memories he has with JS in the past until recently. His mom asks him if he's met JS again and if she's living well. He says yes but she doesn't live that well. "But you know, you shouldn't meet her, right?" "Yes, I know." says JH looking troubled and in pain.

- JS meets up with her female friend, Hyejeong, for a meal at Kimbap Heaven. HJ hesitantly asks JS if she's seen the news about JH on the internet. JS admits to meeting JH at YM's school and HJ is in disbelief because she knows what can happen. JS is reminded that she shouldn't pursue him. Outside, JS hugs HJ and tells her not to worry and she will not go to a place that can hurt her.

- At the hospital yard, JS' father reads a newspaper where JH's news made the front page. He tears the page and puts it inside his hospital gown pocket. Back in 1995, his subordinate reads him JH's background check. He finds out JH's activities and that JH comes from an ordinary family, JH's dad is a steelworker and his mom sells seafood at the market.

- Past JH receives the news that the his name is on the wanted list. He goes back home but sees suspicious guys nearby so he runs away to JS' house to meet her. At the park, he says he's going somewhere where there's no computer and TV so he won't be able to contact her but he'll try to call. So JS gives him a portable radio so he can listen to it. JH goes to live in a monastery. He helps around in exchange for accommodation and meals.

- SK is with her dad. He asks where JH is because he hasn't been in the office. She says JH is on a holiday (probably to avoid suspicions in the investigation) Seems like he's suspicious of JH and wants SK to stop having so much trust in JH.

- SH drops YM at school but instead of leaving he follows YM and goes to his room when he's in class. He finds out about the torn textbook pages.

- JH is currently on a lake trip with his driver/secretary (ahhh their friendship is so cute). Jun Woo notices there's a suspicious person sitting across them, he thinks perhaps it's someone who's been following JH. JH says it's possible. On the trip, JH brings his old radio from JS, it is still working.

- In 1995, Youngwoo and Hajin visit the monastery where JH lives. He wonders when he can leave but HJ tells him to endure it for a little bit more. HJ gives him a prepaid calling card so he can call JS.

- Past JS finally finds out about the real circumstances JH is in from DJ. Cue to the conversation she has with her dad where she can choose to do what she wants to do the most or avoid the thing she's most afraid of. He says every choice has an opportunity cost that she can calculate. If JS continues to meet JH, she's no longer Yoon Jisoo "daughter of Yoon Hyung Goo" but Yoon Jisoo "Han Jaehyun's girl". She must give up one or the other.

- Still in the past, JH gives JS a call to her landline but she doesn't pick up. JS cries under her blanket. JH goes back to his room in the monastery where he listens to the radio where Kim Chang Wan's Goodbye is playing. Present day JH thinks about it by the lake.

- JH's secretary meets JS in front of her house and brings her a bike (from JH obviously). JS refuses the bike but after Jun Woo distracts her from refusing he abruptly runs away, leaving JS and the bike.

- SK receives a text from SH along with photo of the night JS and JH met. SH suggests they should meet up. At night, SK and SH meet. She asks him why did he send her this because if he needs money he should've sent it to JH, not her. He says it's because of the same goal they share.

- The next day, JS rides her bike with groceries in the front basket. She checks her mailbox and there's a letter from the court saying that SH requests custody of their son.

- JS has a serious talk with SH. He shows her a photo of the night JH came to meet her. He wants her to choose her fight and reminds her that he's a married man. JS insists that no matter what her relationship status is, she is going to raise YM. "So you want to fight me instead." says SH.

- At YW's bar, JS tells YW she needs a lawyer and if he knows anyone who can help her because SH wants custody of YM. At first YW says no matter what lawyer she gets, she'll win at the court. But then JS adds "SH said I have an affair." YW confirms if it's with JH and JS admits SH has a picture of her and JH together. When JS is away from her seat at the bar, YW snoops on JS' phone to get JH's number.

- JH, SK, and Junseo have some BBQ at their backyard. SK sneaks out to go to JH's car and take out the memory card from his dash cam.

- YW goes to JH's office and meet him. JH finds out that he's still not married. YW finally admits he was the one who gave intel to the police in the past that got JH caught. YW also asks JH for a favor but we don't get to see what it's about.

- JS sees SH again. He still wants her to give up the custody of YM. This time he sends JS the video of her kissing JH on the beach!!!!!! "If you don't give up, I'll make sure the world knows about the video and ruin JH's investigation." JS is obviously shocked at the turn of events.

- At home,  JS cries while drinking soju and remembers the night she broke up with JH in the past. That night, JH borrows YW's bike to see JS. (I think YW got jealous of JH. And JH borrowing his bike to see JS was the last straw. Little did he know she broke up with him that night.)

- JS has come to a decision. She meets SH and says she wants to return to SH in order to avoid the thing she's most afraid of. Even then and now, the thing she's most afraid of is having that person (JH) be ruined because of her. Whether her choice is the answer to the problem or not, she'll go back to SH.

END

Ep. 7 TEXT PREVIEW

After learning that Jisoo has decided to return to Sehun, Jaehyun and Youngwoo still can't understand her decision. Jisoo and Jaehyun meet again at the place where they reminisce their memories to get their hearts sorted. Jaehyun confesses his feelings to Jisoo and in order to protect her, he goes off to see Sehun. Meanwhile, in 1995, Jaehyun who was under investigation faces Jisoo's father, Yoon Hyung Goo. And Jisoo goes to study abroad for Jaehyun's sake.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

This a parallel scene once more.  (see pg 18)

"There are some people destined to cross paths again no matter what they do"

younger Jisu, ep 5

cr:@

cr:

I like Jeon Sonee's visual. Her acting is good.  The emotions on her face. From sweet shy sunny smiley in love to determined hopeful then sad lonely teary eyed expression. I don't know the actress. First time I've watch her.

And I'm still shock about her age.

cr tvn/owner

EXpXkfnU0AEPDkt.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

Love that he remembers these little things.  JS would not even accept any big things that he would give her.  

• Like 5

I still don't hate Jae Hyun's wife but Young Min's father is a nasty piece of work. Jisoo in my book doesn't score high as a responsible mother anyway neither does Jae Hyun as a father. You can't raise a happy kid when you are this miserable goes for both. They need to set their priorities straight.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, enchantedyears said:

Ep. 7 TEXT PREVIEW

After learning that Jisoo has decided to return to Sehun, Jaehyun and Youngwoo still can't understand her decision. Jisoo and Jaehyun meet again at the place where they reminisce their memories to get their hearts sorted. Jaehyun confesses his heart to Jisoo and in order to protect her, he goes off to see Sehun. Meanwhile, in 1995, Jaehyun who was under investigation faces Jisoo's father, Yoon Hyeong Goo. And Jisoo goes to study abroad for Jaehyun's sake.

Somebody please save Ji Soo from herself. Why is she repeating the same choices?  Why is she going back to live in a dark pit? I really hope this does not happen because I don’t think I can stand watching her being bullied by her nasty ex-husband and his abusive mother. I really wish she could get out from other the thumb of others. First it was her father and now it’s the ex and his domineering mother. No wonder she looks like someone just enduring life.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Somebody please save Ji Soo from herself. Why is she repeating the same choices?  Why is she going back to live in a dark pit? I really hope this does not happen because I don’t think I can stand watching her being bullied by her nasty ex-husband and his abusive mother. I really wish she could get out from other the thumb of others. First it was her father and now it’s the ex and his domineering mother. No wonder she looks like someone just enduring life.

I think something(s) must have happened in the past that she simply just gives up on her own happiness... So sad.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

In her mind it's probably the only way to stop her ex from pursuing custody of YM (officially) and it'll also stop him from spreading the photo and video that can ruin JH's reputation. A somewhat win-win solution. SH's character seems to be an obsessed ex-husband who wants JS' love/attention/whatever by using their son.

Good news though, on the long preview for ep. 7 uploaded by tvN, JH meets SH and tells him to upload the video and let the world know. He is so ready to let everything go but I'm scared it doesn't go according to his plan :tears:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We knew very little about Se-Hun (Ji-Su's ex) but it turns out he's a complete piece of trash, in some ways worse than Seo-Gyeong.

Today Ji-Su said that Yeong-Min would grow into a "monster" if Se-Hun raised him. Previously she said, "manners are for human beings," as in he is not even a human being to her. There have been other small comments which showed that she truly detests him. To me, this is much more than a husband she simply doesn't love, or even a terrible mother-in-law - both facts she knew about when she agreed to marry him.

They have a much worse relationship than Jae-Hyeon and Seo-Gyeong, who are at least able to have rational conversations with each other and are somewhat honest with each other. Se-Hun's obsession towards Ji-Su isn't anything resembling love - he doesn't care if he makes her and Yeong-Min suffer, as long as he gets the results he wants. Basically, I'm much more scared of him than Seo-Gyeong or her father.

I LOL'ed when Se-Hun told Seo-Gyeong, "We're blackmailing our spouses together out of love!" And she replied, "Uh, you're not doing this out of love." :lol: Wow, even Seo-Gyeong thinks you are trash.

--

ETA: so both Jae-Hyeon and Ji-Su married into terrible families that basically treat them like garbage. However, I do think it's interesting that both their spouses were attracted to them because of their basic goodness, it seems.

Se-Hun appears to have been attracted to Ji-Su because of her social justice warrior ways.

We don't know why Seo-Gyeong was attracted to Jae-Hyeon, exactly - maybe just his visual appeal - but she does seem to recognize that he is a good person, in any case.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I just started this drama and I'm on episode 2. I don't get parents that turn over the parenting of their children to schools. They act as if having an expensive education is the most important thing in this world for a young child. These kids need to have a positive, loving, nurturing environment and parents teaching them from right and wrong. The fact that Ji-Su's son can't tell her he was/is being bullied is awful...suffering alone. It's hard enough when kids live with their parents, but even harder when they don't.

• Like 7

SPOILERY, proceed with caution :phew:

Apparently they still have scenes and dialogues we haven't seen from one of the earliest teasers that will probably come out next week?? Ah... the beauty of pre-produced dramas... (watch from 04:06)

My prediction of what's gonna happen:

• Back in 1995, JH is taken into custody on April Fools Day (d*** you, Youngwoo!). Since the handwriting on the wall says "12 May 1995", I think JS and JH still meet up secretly after JH is released (with the help of JS' dad). But of course, JS' dad has his ways, he finds out and no longer tolerates JS & JH's relationship. JS gets sent abroad and JH gets taken away again(?) even then, JS still writes him letters that JH keep until this day. Until her world is turned upside down: her mom and sister die tragically (most probably in a car crash but who knows what the writer has in mind). All JS' family's hopes and dreams are lost, she gets kicked out of the family register, unable to finish her education and has to fend for herself. Years later her dad gets sick with dementia and he doesn't get to say his sorry to JS perhaps until much later in a moment of clarity.
  • Present day JS & JH's story likely will unveil in a similar manner, however, JS wants to put an end to it before it does by "officially" breaking up with JH according to the teaser above. :heartbreak: It's hard to say what comes next but it will probably allude to the first scene on first episode: even if the world burns, JH will eventually go to JS.

Honestly I don't know if my heart can take it if the plot goes beyond the typical Kdrama separation and gets ultra melo because everything indicates JS and JH can't and shouldn't be together even in the present :tears:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
5 hours ago, enchantedyears said:

My prediction of what's gonna happen:

• Back in 1995, JH is taken into custody on April Fools Day (d*** you, Youngwoo!). Since the handwriting on the wall says "12 May 1995", I think JS and JH still meet up secretly after JH is released (with the help of JS' dad). But of course, JS' dad has his ways, he finds out and no longer tolerates JS & JH's relationship. JS gets sent abroad and JH gets taken away again(?) even then, JS still writes him letters that JH keep until this day. Until her world is turned upside down: her mom and sister die tragically (most probably in a car crash but who knows what the writer has in mind). All JS' family's hopes and dreams are lost, she gets kicked out of the family register, unable to finish her education and has to fend for herself. Years later her dad gets sick with dementia and he doesn't get to say his sorry to JS perhaps until much later in a moment of clarity.
  • Present day JS & JH's story likely will unveil in a similar manner, however, JS wants to put an end to it before it does by "officially" breaking up with JH according to the teaser above. :heartbreak: It's hard to say what comes next but it will probably allude to the first scene on first episode: even if the world burns, JH will eventually go to JS.

Honestly I don't know if my heart can take it if the plot goes beyond the typical Kdrama separation and gets ultra melo because everything indicates JS and JH can't and shouldn't be together even in the present :tears:

Pretty good predictions.

Here is what we do know:

1. In one of the first episodes, we saw Ji-Su talking to her father with dementia about Yeong-Min's school incident, and even telling him about how she dreams/thinks about Jae-Hyeon all the time. It seemed like they had a close relationship. Father shows Ji-Su a photo saying, "This is my wife and daughter, aren't they pretty?" We do not see the photo. She gasps and tears up. At the time, it seemed like she was just sad that her father doesn't recognize her anymore.

We saw this scene again last week. We learned that Ji-Su had a sister named Ji-Yeong, and we see that the photo is a family picture with both daughters, but Ji-Su's face has been torn out. Even in his dementia, he says "wife and daughter" (instead of daughterS), and that is what made Ji-Su gasp and cry.

And of course, we saw her father raging at Ji-Su, that someone "died because of you!"

Today, we saw him tear a page out of the newspaper with Jae-Hyeon's face on it and tuck it into his shirt.

So... we learned that her father treated Ji-Su with a lot of contempt and cruelty. This isn't just a normal amount of concern that a father feels when she's dating someone he disapproves of. He went out of his way to use his power to completely tear them apart.

He also appears to blame her for Ji-Yeong's death, and that is why Ji-Su lives life like it's penance.

The saddest thing is that her self-punishing attitude is affecting her kid. The poor boy really has the weight of the world on his shoulders - viciously bullied at school by the Rich Kid that the school is afraid to touch (what is this, "Itaewon Class?") - and afraid to make a peep because his father will tear him away from his mother - who he obviously loves and prefers to be with.

Oh, and what they wrote on the wall in the preview - Jae-Hyeon hearts Ji-Su and they will love each other for a million years. 1995.5.12

I mean, that is cute and corny, but in this show, it just gets me *right here.* Yes, this is old-fashioned romance with swelling violin music, lots of tears, and old love letters kept in a box. I LOVE IT. I am sad I have to wait until next weekend to see more!

Anyway, moving on, a couple of more things we learned:

2. I'm actually glad that Yeong-Woo has a role in their story besides "heartbroken bystander." He actually did something motivated by his love for Ji-Su. Although we don't need yet another character who puts his life on hold due to guilt, it does make sense in this drama.

3. Jae-Hyeon's father was a labor movement person. Also, Jae-Hyeon began to have some doubt about being part of the labor movement. He began to wonder if the work he did made any difference, and whether it was worth abandoning schoolwork and future goals. I'm glad that we're seeing more of a connection between who he was in college vs. who he is now. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

It’s taking forever for subbed to be done. driving me crazy. finally watched 

JS always said JH was her world. After watching Ep 6, I’ve concluded he always was past and present when they separated. Got the impression they didn’t have closure on breaking up cuz too many people pulling them apart.  at the end of ep 6 JS said she’d rather run away from what she wanted most. so that makes sense of the reason they “broke up” and he couldn’t find her.

Kinda weird the father in law and daughter talk like they own JH.  I still see their marriage an business marriage. Jh Acting too nonchalant that both his father in law and wife are breathing down his neck. So it’s obvious he is getting revenge whatever that may be.

Hated hearing JS willing to give up YM or go back to ex all becuz of the leaked photo.  It was so sad to see her finally breakdown after finishing that convo with her ex.

It’s so obvious JS has had it rough with her father and ex bullying her around. I root for JH to be the Prince Charming and save JS from her difficult life.  The girl needs happiness jeez. poor girl.

Did notice the “dementia” father tore the article of JH from newspaper.... if he can remember JH then obviously he did something much worse than what was shown in this weekend’s episodes.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

I hate one more thing here though....Ji Soo's fatber was terrible to her so why is she saddled with taking care of him?? Just giving birth doesn't qualify him to be treated with respect or love by default when he was emotionally abusive to Ji Soo his entire life....I know Ji Soo is being painted as the masochist heroine with heart of gold but was shoving ambesiac father who was toxic to her necessary...one psycho ex and poor background with custody battle should be enough here

• Like 4

I hate JS's ex husband much more than JH's current wife. He is very obsessed psycho.

At the past, young JS and JH's friend, Dong Jin had very good chemistry together. I hope they met as the older versions. They would make some fun moments.

And, with Tae Sung, I think he is in love with JS even until this day. 

• Like 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화