Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The actors. The acting.

cr:

OT: Adult drama be like. lets see if we get kdrama version of  "Scandal" :P

• Like 4
  • Love 4

photo1177242.jpg

I'm just starting to watch episode 1 and the first thing I noticed was the piano piece Lee Bo Young was playing in the hotel scene.  The first time I heard this song was a French version sang by Roch Voisine, a French/Canadian singer.  I bought a mix artist cd when I was in Montreal.  I used to listen to this song over and over.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IESDfhxsfjI

Excited to watch this drama.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

TVN just dropped a pre-released scene of ep 3 (ft current day JH and JS)!!!

ahhhh my heart :tears: i'm loving the 2 of them even more now ^_^

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, allforyoo said:

ahhhh my heart :tears: i'm loving the 2 of them even more now ^_^

Same here...how come I was tearing up?:sweatingbullets:  And then that last bit when he smiled - it was like he's so happy that she did not refuse to take the umbrella. He was relieved he could do at least something for her.  This is the magic for me of Jae Hyun and Ji Soo's love story that is beautifully delivered by our leads. No skinship or close proximity needed , but yet in their eyes you can see how they still think of the other,. The longing , the yearning. Such fantastic chemistry

------------------------------------

True for JH , it might be wrong for him to be thinking of JS while still married...but this is the reason we have this story. We cannot help the way we feel, but what's more important is what will be done with those feelings.  For me there are clearly a lot of issues in Jae Hyun's marriage, something he will have to sort out before he and JS can ( I hope)  reunite. So far what we have been shown is that the marriage has given him money and power ( but it seems rather conditional given that he has to "toe the line" with the father in law)  He is no longer the justice fighting idealist from 20 years ago. Did he really lose his moral compass along the way? Or is this him being practical and realistic? Or does he have a longer term plan to help those who can't help themselves?

That's why it's important to have the two sets for the OTP...from seeing the progression in their love story from the past we will see how JH and JS both changed, and  why they did. And the present time is not static either...if he has indeed compromised his ethics and values along the way, then this fateful encounter with Ji Soo is surely  the starting point for him to reevaluate his priorities and decisions in life.

----------------------------------

And oh my...I just had to gif this hot ahjussi with his unbuttoned white shirt.. :mrgreen: @ktcjdrama @Lawyerhme trying to sell this drama to @Ameera Ali 

Spoiler

2CULGKd.gif

Stills for tonight

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Because something happened in the span of  [two] decades. Flashback will tell us what drove them apart.

College Jaehyun was studying law. He was student activist. Championing the cause of the workers.  But something happened.  And the present Jaehyun is married to the chaebol daughter of the chairman of conglomerate.

cr: tvn/twt

EW3N7ipUcAApZ__.jpg

College Jisu having a crush  onJaehyun followed him, watch his speech -Jaehyn the one who fought for the laborers. She even joined him in protest . College Jaehyun tried to resist cutely being sarcastic to Jisu's pestering. But of course  he actually like her. We all know that.

cr:lovtoiki

EW0Py97WkAA_imc.jpg

The present  Jisu still joins the protetst even outside the conglomerate's building. Jaehyun is now the son in law and has power.  But something happened. And she was even jailed for something she didn't deny to do.  Present Jaehyun still in love with her. But will there be a conflict?

cr:tvn

EW5HoYTUcAEh8A2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

https://www.soompi.com/article/1397001wpp/4-things-we-loved-1-thing-we-hated-about-the-premiere-of-when-my-love-blooms

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “When My Love Blooms”

May 2, 2020
by kaityv

The ever-alluring “When My Love Blooms” has finally premiered on our televisions screens and it did not disappoint! While the drama’s premise relies on the ever-cliche trope of reuniting first love, it’s still refreshing and enchanting to watch.

The drama follows the love story of Han Jae Hyun (Yoo Ji Tae) and Yoon Ji Soo (Lee Bo Young), who begin as college sweethearts but drift apart due to unknown reasons. They reunite in the present but both of them are wildly different from their younger selves (played by GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee, respectively). Jae Hyun, who once had an immense passion to fight for injustices now works for the people committing those injustices. Meanwhile, Ji Soo, who was once a cheerful open-book, is now closed off and lives a more modest lifestyle.

The drama is off to a promising start, and it seems to promise mutual pining, straight-up melancholy, and the beautiful innocence of first love. Here are some of the things that we loved and hated about the premiere.

Warning: spoilers for the premiere episodes below.

LOVED: The cinematic parallels

One of the most enjoyable things to watch in dramas is when the characters reenact a moment they had when they were younger.  It’s bittersweet and a little bit corny but it makes your heart flutter nonetheless. “When My Love Blooms” is very detailed at the end of the first episode when Jae Hyun reveals himself outside of the train station in the snow. As Ji Soo turns and recognizes him, her hair flutters in the wind the same way as it did when she was younger. While that detail is hardly realistic, it’s beautiful to watch as the scene flickers from the past to the present. You can feel every emotion, especially as Jae Hyun recites the same words he did when he was younger: “I found you, Yoon Ji Soo.”

You can really feel the chemistry between each pair of actors in this scene. They’re brimming with tension for different reasons and it makes you wonder how these two lost track of each other for two decades. Plus, the cinematography is absolutely dazzling. The snow and cherry blossoms really help to set a romantic mood.

LOVED: How Yoon Ji Soo sticks up for herself

While all the characters tend to have moments that attach them to your heart, Yoon Ji Soo definitely stands out above everyone else. She’s more reserved than her younger-self, but you can tell that her convictions are still the same. It’s gratifying to see that even though she’s struggled with divorce, single-parenting, and her father’s illness, she doesn’t let anyone look down on her life.

She proves this when she holds her ground against a wealthy mother from her son’s school. After her son starts a fight, the group of moms is quick to make a move to remove her as the parent representative. The mom who confronts her wastes no time to try and drag her down not only because of her son, but because she’s protesting at the supermarket.

It’s gut-wrenching to always have to watch wealthy characters rip into the poorer protagonist for shallow reasons without any repercussions. Especially when there’s nothing wrong with having a more modest lifestyle. So it was awesome and empowering to see Ji Soo owning her situation rather than just sitting there and taking it quietly.

LOVED: The trope reversals

Stories about reunited first loves often follow a few tropes where some of which are more enjoyable than the rest. Usually, we see a brooding, emotionally unavailable, and stoic lead that pursues the leading lady in questionable ways. “When My Love Blooms” approaches these tropes a little differently and it makes the drama much more enjoyable to watch.

When the pair reunites, Ji Soo keeps her feelings a well-guarded secret. She feigns indifference when Jae Hyun keeps bringing up their past. It’s refreshing that this time, the woman gets to be the one with the secrets. It seems Jae Hyun will have to thaw Ji Soo’s heart that has hardened over time, instead of the other way around.

After parting ways with Ji Soo, Jae Hyun’s curiosity about her life leads to unfavorable behavior.

He asks his driver, Kang Joon Woo (Kang Young Seok), to look into her life. After discovering that she’s divorced, Jae Hyun follows Ji Soo around with Joon Woo. They stakeout the convenience store she frequents to discover where she lives and he buys her expensive gloves since she isn’t wearing any. While none of it is done with ill intent since it’s clear Jae Hyun is worried about her, he’s overstepping the boundaries Ji Soo set in their earlier encounter. Fortunately, he stops his pursuit and calls himself out once he discovers she’s protesting against his company.

While it still isn’t cool that he takes part in such behavior without Ji Soo’s consent, it’s nice that he calls himself out and stops the behavior before taking it too far. This kind of commentary isn’t commonly found in dramas, so this scene is a very pleasant surprise.

LOVED: How Han Jae Hyun recognizes Yoon Ji Soo

While not everyone looks for realism in dramas, it can be a common complaint when characters reunite after years and recognize each other’s faces immediately. It’s definitely a romantic notion, but “When My Love Blooms” takes the opposite approach and instead has Jae Hyun recognize Ji Soo from her habits instead. He first catches a glimpse of her playing piano and the music is enough to bring him to tears in front of his colleague. While he doesn’t get the chance to make any confirmations, fate reunites them again at their children’s school. He is caught off guard by her voice, and he ultimately recognizes her from her habit of stretching her fingers.

These tiny details really clue in on how much Jae Hyun remembers and cares for Ji Soo. It’s clear the time they spent together really made an impression on his heart, which makes you want to root for their romance even more. Couple this with the fact that Ji Soo’s been carrying around the handkerchief he gave her in college all this time and your heart is sure to swoon.

HATED: How Jae Hyun’s life turned out

One of the best scenes is when you see Jae Hyun’s fiery re-entrance into Ji Soo’s life as she finds him speaking at a school movement. GOT7’s Jinyoung easily portrays Jae Hyun’s conviction and passion for injustice to be corrected. As a viewer, you can’t help but be enthralled and downright inspired by Jae Hyun, much like Ji Soo is.

However, in the present, Jae Hyun has completely changed his tune. He works for a company that has mistreated its workers and he is working to help get rid of the protestors.

It’s disheartening to see how he has changed so drastically. The drama does hint that he seems to have some sort of plot going against his in-laws who run the company, but so far, it hasn’t been expanded on. So it’s hard to truly tell where he stands.

However, it does add quite a bit of intrigue to his character. What exactly happened in the past decades that made him change his personal values? Does he have a bigger scheme at play? Hopefully, as the drama continues we will come to find that his passion for human rights is still kicking.

Catch the first episode of “When My Love Blooms”:

WATCH NOW

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

@triplem  I’m sold :D an  first for me to find a Ahjussi hot 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

Went through some cuts, just some highlights

1. Picked up where we left off last week with him asking JS to get up and his wife not being happy about it. He then ask that the principal and JS to leave him and wife alone. She asked him who JS was , why he'd bother..he finally says my hoobae ( junior) ..she said was it your first love? He did not say anything to that...Anyway after more talking , no discipline action would be taken. 

2. Wife drove off in a huff. He saw JS leaving . Offered her a ride. She did not take it of

course.

Spoiler

As she started walking , her heel broke...guess who reversed ...lol...she had no choice but to hop onto his car . They seem to have a bit of catching up to do.

Spoiler

3. He dropped her off the train station in Seoul. He gave her a pair of his spare shoes he had in his boot.

4. Back home as she took it off , she remembered the time they were both walking in the snow with him front leading the way ( parallels the 1st eps) . He made these footprints on the snow so it would be easier for her to walk. They were on the way to meet some fellow demonstrators ( if I am not mistaken). They took a break and he was so tired that he fell asleep on her shoulders. She was a strong girl ...she some how piggybacked him back to where he was supposed to spend the night with the other students. 

Spoiler

5. I think there are some missing cuts here and there...but I do think the wife is suspicious of who JS is to JH.

6. JH goes look for JS at where she was playing the piano. He can see that she still had the mark on her finger - this was when the book fell in the bookshop during the flashback. 

Spoiler

Back in the present , he waited outside the hotel and it was raining. Lol, he wanted to make it as a coincidence ...saw her and made small talk. told her not to go 1st since it was raining so hard. Later on he offered her the umbrella .

7. So it was term break and they both went to get their boys. There was a very nice scene of him talking to Young Min , just before JiSoo came. He apologised to YM saying he knows it was not his fault for reacting like that. YM was moved that he would take his side and believed him. JS saw them talking , was surprised. Later she brought YM home.

8. There was a scene of JS with the cafe owner ( her good friend)..flashback to their young days to how the two watch JH play football...JH has always been rather hotheaded...JS admires him even more as he gets into scuffle with others ( ahahah she probably sees it as being passionate). But the poor 3rd wheel has to see her admire JH from then till now.

9. So very important scene- JH asked JS to come and meet him in his office...long story short , he wanted her not to be involved in the protests.

Spoiler

JH seem like a different person to how he seems so firm in the actions he will take. She was so taken aback.

10. She wondered what happened to the JH she knew. Flashbacked to how she followed him to a protest...it got unruly with cops and all...he protected her then . After the protests, they managed to run off, he saw her hand was cold or hurt or something and held it. It was a very sweet scene...because he realised how much he liked her and said this would be our first day dating..she smile shyly

Spoiler

11. Back to the present, JS felt disappointed with JH. She refused to follow his request to not be involved with the protestors...she did say some things about the past to him ( I think so, he's expression showed that he was feeling a little bad) . She said no to him and left.

Spoiler

12. Next day, the cops were called in on the protestors downstairs JH's office building...what a riot...JS was walking back to the site with water...she saw the riot , remembered her past with JH and joined the protestors...

Spoiler

13. JH watched from afar ...feeling so much pain , wants to protect her ...but what can he do.

- eps ends-

preview

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 4

@triplem, thanks so much for the summary. Sounds like another wonderful episode.

Despite what it looks like on the surface, I don’t want to believe that JH has changed so much that his goal has changed. I want to believe that he realized that his approach was ineffective before so he’s trying a different approach and that explains why he seems to have other people working behind the scenes. Kind of like he’s biding his time until his plans come to fruition. This is just my speculation though. 

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

I think for a lot of ppl going thru life, they get stuck in a certain period or a certain age whether its because of a huge change or a transforming action or being left without a clear resolution....

that period becomes the defining moment of a person's life and he never really gets past it... even if they seem to lead a normal life ..

.thats what I think happened to JS & JH .....that moment of the psst defined their lives 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Wow thanks @triplem

Helps be patient with the lag of subs 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

EPISODE 3

Nationwide 5.420 (1.194 Million Viewers) 
Seoul 6.235 (0.684 Million Viewers)

• Like 9

I mean I have serious reservations about this show and the whole Jae Hyun's marriage status......the conversation with his wife only shows that as different as Jae Hyun and his wife are, his wife still wants her husband to care, maybe even loves him and he is the one who is putting up walls. I can't defend this

• Like 3

The opening scene of WMLB showing a backdrop of fire and smoke as Han Jae Hyun approached Yoon Ji Soo playing the piano.  After she played the last note she asked, "Do you know when it was?" and he replied, "I know how long it lasted."  I wonder whether this is a glimpse of their story ending in chaos or just one of those meaningless teasers.  

After watching the first two episodes, all I can say is that WMLB may turn out to be one amazing drama.  Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young are not only one gorgeous couple, their acting is so superb that one can feel their emotions.  I love the juxtaposition of past and present because they show that HJH and YJS's lives turned out to be the exact opposite of who they were more than two decades ago.  Whereas, young HJH was a rebel, fighting for his ideals, who resisted YJS because he considered her as a member of the bourgeoisie and out of his league, the adult HJH turned out to be the husband of a chaebol princess and enjoyed the life of wealth and excess.  YSJ used to be vivacious, full of positive outlook, pursued HJH with enthusiasm and did not take no for an answer.  She turned into a gloomy, morose woman, hardly smiling and seemed to be carrying a heavy load on her shoulders.  

photo1177238.jpg

HJH, with all the fake indifference he showed YJS when they were young, it turned out that he nurtured deep feelings for her that stayed in his heart throughout the years.  One of the best scenes for me was when he heard her playing the piano.  His reaction was instinctive, it's as if every person in the hotel just disappeared as he tearfully gazed and remembered the young YJS.

Yoo-Ji-tae-Lee-Bo-young-are-old-lovers-r

YJS and HJH both teared up when he called her name.  They're soulmates, recognizing each other even after the passage of time.  There's definitely a role reversal because HJH was more determined to get closer but she was more withdrawn and distant.  It's so endearing that he still remembered her little habits with her hands and the fact that she still would not wear winter gloves.  He was heartened to know that she kept his handkerchief.

I'm wondering what happened to YJS' marriage and the reason she refused alimony, preferring to struggle rather than depend on her ex husband.  She's a talented pianist so why is she working menial jobs rather than teaching piano?  Her imprisonment must have really damaged her self confidence and made her almost timid.  Can't wait to get answers regarding her relationship with ex-husband.

HJH's marriage must have been a marriage of convenience.  He looked very unhappy and his wife's cheating on him.  Why did he take the fall for his father-in-law?

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I mean I have serious reservations about this show and the whole Jae Hyun's marriage status......the conversation with his wife only shows that as different as Jae Hyun and his wife are, his wife still wants her husband to care, maybe even loves him and he is the one who is putting up walls. I can't defend this

That's true when I watched her eyes looking at him and feeling jealous with JS as well as asking her husband about his emotion and treatment of her affair during his time in jail. In fact, she treated as a lonely doll because her world contained only her dad and her husband but no-one can be beside her, take care of her sufficiently. 

In fact, I love the couple of JS and JH very much and hope they can have happy ending but I am at the same age of them more than 40 years old so I never dislike JH's wife, she is not mature enough because of living in the rich family and having great power, her dad seems to satisfy everything she wants. And also JS's husband never lets her to have happy life after divorce, he still loves her and also wants to keep controlling her life and their son's 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dodomummim said:

That's true when I watched her eyes looking at him and feeling jealous with JS as well as asking her husband about his emotion and treatment of her affair during his time in jail. In fact, she treated as a lonely doll because her world contained only her dad and her husband but no-one can be beside her, take care of her sufficiently. 

Jae Hyuk's wife is vain, immature and has had a sheltered life where each and every one of her whims have been satisfied. But, that is probably something Jae Hyuk knew fairly well when he married her. Just end it if you feel like its not something you can put up with. She is lonely, she has a different mindset than Jae Hyuk but she does perhaps like her husband more than she lets on. I don't feel like these are major crimes to be honest. Jae Hyuk has a wall up around her. I mean he is married to her but you can tell his heart is closed. His wife probably feels that too. I feel like he should at least get separated from her officially. It is not fair to her.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Jae Hyuk's wife is vain, immature and has had a sheltered life where each and every one of her whims have been satisfied. But, that is probably something Jae Hyuk knew fairly well when he married her. Just end it if you feel like its not something you can put up with. She is lonely, she has a different mindset than Jae Hyuk but she does perhaps like her husband more than she lets on. I don't feel like these are major crimes to be honest. Jae Hyuk has a wall up around her. I mean he is married to her but you can tell his heart is closed. His wife probably feels that too. I feel like he should at least get separated from her officially. It is not fair to her.

Jae Hyuk's  fatherinlaw seem like very corrupt man.  Without knowing their back story as to why Jisoo left JH without breaking up or informing him is a puzzle even to JH.  My take is that the FIL got rid of JS because his daughter liked JH and wanted him as her husband.  Knowing his corruption and treating his daughter as a princess, he would have blackmailed JH to marry her.    Right now, I see JH looking out for her, because he cannot control caring for her.  Also, the wife seems to be having extra marital affairs since she is lonely. 

I also think that JS might have been pregnant with JH child and might have gotten married to a lawyer to hide that face.  Loved the interaction between JH and JS's son.  They look so alike too.    

• Like 6

From the article above :

When asked what kind of message he wishes to convey or emphasize by focusing on both the past and present, Son Jung Hyun picked not dwelling too much on the past or anticipating too much from the future.

He explained, “I want to convey the message that since everyone has beautiful and difficult times in their lives, ‘right now’ is everyone’s most beautiful moment in life.” The director added, “The story of present-day Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo aims to be sentimental and show fondness for the past. I tried to draw Jae Hyun and Ji Soo of the past in a way that makes viewers remember the freshness of their first love.”

Son Jung Hyun also picked what he finds to be the focal point of the drama. He shared, “Among the many perspectives to view ‘When My Love Blooms,’ it would be good to focus on the story as one about first love. I also wanted to showcase a realistic melodrama that takes the societal atmosphere of each time period into consideration.”

• Like 8
  • Love 3