[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

SBS DRAMA 2020

ALICE

joo-won-kim-hee-sun.jpg

Drama:  Alice (also known as Hotel Alice)

Hangul: 앨리스

Genre: fantasy, mystery

Network: SBS

Episodes: 16  (70 minutes/per episode)

Director: Baek Soo Chan (Reunited Worlds, Beautiful Gong Shim, The Girl Who Sees Smells)

Writer: Kim Kyu-Won

Release Date:August 28, 2020- October 24, 2020

Runtime: Fridays and Saturdays at 10:30 PM ( following drama Convenience Store Saet Byul)  

Production Company: The Story Works

OST: part 1 유주(Yuju)(GFRIEND) - Secret (Feat. ISHXRK)

part 2 벤(Ben) - Whenever Wherever Whatever

Official site:https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/alice2020/about/63365

Plot

Alice  tells the story of a tragedy taking place at a hotel where time travelers stay between journeys.

Sci-fi romance drama Alice is about a woman and a man who make their final goodbye at death, but miraculously meet again, stepping over the boundaries of time and space.

Due to a death, a man and a woman become separated forever, but they meet again like magic.

Park Jin-Gyeom (Joo Won)  is a detective, who doesn't show emotions. While investigating a mysterious case, he realizes the existence of time travelers. The time travelers come to the present day from the future through a space called Alice. Park Jin-Gyeom struggles to prevent negative things happening through Alice. During this time, he meets Yoon Tae-Yi ( Kim Hee Sun) again. She died in the past. Park Jin-Gyeom insists that their meeting is a fateful reunion. Yoon Tae-Yi is a genius physicist and she holds a key to time travel. While they unravel the secret of time travel together, she realizes a secret behind her. (Asianwiki)

Cast

Joo Won as Park Jin Kyum

Kim Hee Sun as Yoon Tae Yi

Kwak Si Yang as Yoo Min Hyuk

Lee Da-In as Kim Do Yeon

Yeon Woo ( Momoland ) as Yoon Tae Yi`s sister

Song Ji Hyuk as Hong Jung Wook

Lee Jae Yoon as Park Jin Kyum

Choi Won Young as Seok Oh Won

Bae Hae Sun as Kim In Sook

Character poster

2020073102491_0.jpg

2020073102491_1.jpg

Spoiler

“No matter which world you’re in, I’ll protect you,”

joo-won1.jpg

“If it’s for you, I could do anything,”

kim-hee-sun2.jpg

“I have to be stronger to protect what’s precious to me.”

kwak-si-yang.jpg

“Save her. But don’t get hurt even a bit,”

lee-da-in.jpg

2gL62c.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joo Won In Talks For His First Post-Military Drama

May 9, 2019
21bea7c434f74d25b7cb895b0a69ad7a.jpeg?s=

Joo Won is looking to make his drama return!

A source from the the drama industry stated on May 9 that Joo Won has been cast as the male lead of SBS’s upcoming drama “Hotel Alice” (literal title). According to the source, the actor will be taking on the role of a detective named Park Jin Kyum.

In response, a source from Joo Won’s agency Hwayi Brothers Korea clarified that the actor did receive an offer for the drama and is currently reviewing it, but nothing has been confirmed.

Joo Won made his debut through the musical “Altar Boyz” in 2006 and took on his first drama lead role in “Baker King, Kim Tak Goo.” He continued to build up his filmography by appearing in dramas such as “Bridal Mask,” “Good Doctor,” and “The Gang Doctor.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1323183wpp/joo-won-in-talks-for-his-first-post-military-drama

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/05/09/joo-won-in-talks-for-sbs-drama-hotel-alice/

Update: Kwak Si Yang Joins Kim Hee Sun And Joo Won In Talks For New SBS Drama

Sep 20, 2019
by E. Cha

d418729660e24ed081529ef23b179638.jpeg?s=

Kwak Si Yang has joined talks for SBS’s upcoming drama!

On October 23, it was reported by Sports Dong-a that according to sources in the industry, Kwak Si Yang has been cast as the lead character Yoo Min Hyuk in the upcoming drama “Alice.” The character is described as a time traveler and the hotel Alice’s guide and team leader.

Later that day, Kwak Si Yang’s agency Starhaus Entertainment told MyDaily, “He has received an offer for ‘Alice’ and is positively considering it.”

Kwak Si Yang most recently appeared in the MBC drama “Welcome 2 Life” alongside Rain, Lim Ji Yeon, and more.

Source (1) (2)

Kim Hee Sun is in talks to star in an upcoming SBS drama!

On September 20, a Korean news outlet reported that Kim Hee Sun would be playing the female lead in the new drama “Alice” (previously “Hotel Alice”). Joo Won confirmed earlier this year that he had been offered the male lead in the same drama and is still in talks for the role.

Later that same morning, Kim Hee Sun’s agency Hinge Entertainment clarified that while the actress did receive an offer to star in the drama, she has not yet officially accepted the offer.

“Kim Hee Sun is still in the process of reviewing her casting offer for ‘Alice,’ with a favorable outlook,” stated a representative of the agency. “We’re at the stage where all that remains is the fine-tuning of the final details.”

“Alice” will tell the story of a man and a woman who are separated by death, only to be reunited by overcoming the limits of time and space. Kim Hee Sun has been offered the role of Yoon Tae Yi, a genius physicist who holds the key to uncovering the secrets of time travel, while Joo Won has been offered the role of Park Jin Kyum, a detective who learns a hidden secret about himself while attempting to solve the mystery of time travel.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353616wpp/kim-hee-sun-may-be-starring-opposite-joo-won-in-new-drama

September 20 2019

Kim Hee-Seon offered lead female role in SBS drama series “Alice”

Alice-KD-TPSM1.jpg

Kim Hee-Seon has been offered the lead female role in SBS drama series “Alice.” Actor Joo Won has already received an offer to play the lead male role and both performers are currently “positively considering” their offers. If Kim Hee-Seon accepts, she will play physicist Yoon Tae-Yi. She holds a key to time travel. The drama series will revolve around Hotel Alice, where people come to travel back in time. For actor Joo Won, this would be his first acting role since being discharged from the military on February 5, 2019.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-hee-seon-offered-lead-female-role-in-sbs-drama-series-alice

Joo-won, Kim Hee-sun, Kwak Shi-yang up for time-traveling drama Alice

by tineybeanie

collage-js.jpg

It looks like Kim Hee-sun (Room No. 9) and Joo-won (My Sassy Girl) are the top contenders to be the leads in upcoming SBS drama Alice, with reports saying they’re close to confirming. More recently, it’s been announced that Kwak Shi-yang (Welcome 2 Life) has also received an offer to join them.

Sci-fi romance drama Alice is about a woman and a man who make their final goodbye at death, but miraculously meet again, stepping over the boundaries of time and space. If Joo-won confirms, this will be his first drama after returning home from military service.

Kim Hee-sun is set to play a genius physicist who holds the key to the secrets of time travel. Due to the time shift aspect of this drama, Kim Hee-sun must play a 20-year-old, a 30-year-old, and a 40-year-old version of herself, which should be no problem since she’s virtually ageless.

She meets a police investigator, to be played by Joo-won, who insists that their reunion is fated. Together, they begin to pursue a case that helps her uncover the secrets of time as well as some secrets about herself. The role that Kwak Shi-yang has been offered is that of a time traveler who is the manager of Hotel Alice.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/joo-won-kim-hee-sun-kwak-shi-yang-up-for-time-traveling-drama-alice/

MOMOLAND’s Yeonwoo Confirmed For New SBS Drama

Oct 30, 2019
by E. Cha

cf7c478dec5943ea843ac4eab19f1d65.jpeg?s=

Oct 30, 2019
by E. Cha

MOMOLAND’s Yeonwoo has joined the cast of the upcoming SBS drama “Alice” (literal title)!

On October 30, MLD Entertainment officially confirmed, “It’s true that MOMOLAND’s Yeonwoo will be appearing in the SBS drama ‘Alice.'”

“Alice” (previously known as “Hotel Alice”) will tell the story of a man and a woman who are separated by death, only to be reunited by overcoming the limits of time and space. Kim Hee Sun, Joo Won, and Kwak Si Yang are all currently in talks to star in the drama as well.

Yeonwoo will reportedly be playing the younger sister of the female lead (the role that has been offered to Kim Hee Sun).

“Alice” is currently scheduled to air sometime in the first half of 2020.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1362442wpp/momolands-yeonwoo-confirmed-for-new-sbs-drama

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스 - Premieres in first half 2020

Will Kim Byung-ok return to the small screen with drama Alice?

201911051736018010_1.jpg

SBS said in the afternoon news on November 5, "It is not confirmed," related to the appearance of Kim Byung-ok's new SBS drama 'Alice'.

'Alice' is a story about a tragedy caused by an airport and a hotel where only time travelers stay.
Kim Byeong-ok was sentenced to a fine for drunk driving in February and got off at the JTBC drama `` Regal High '. Kim Byung-ok, who continues his life after the drunk driving controversy, expects to return to Alice.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201911051736018010

• 2 weeks later...

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Confirmed As Leads For Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama

Nov 15, 2019

8e49e73b83e14a41a4c7f8cfc3e3d651.jpeg?s=

Nov 15, 2019

Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun will be working together for the upcoming SBS drama “Alice.”

“Alice” is a science fiction drama that will tell the magical story of a man and a woman who are separated by death, only to be reunited by overcoming the limits of time and space.

Joo Won will play Park Jin Kyum, a detective who was born without the ability to have emotions. While attempting to solve mysterious cases, he becomes the first person to find out about time travelers who came from the future through a device called “Alice.” In the middle of his struggles to fight difficult situations that occur due to the existence of “Alice,” he has a fateful reunion with Yoon Tae Yi, a woman who died a long time ago.

Kim Hee Sun has taken on the role of Yoon Tae Yi, a genius physicist who holds the key to uncovering the secrets of time travel. After encountering Park Jin Kyum who argues that they met by fate, Yoon Tae Yi joins him in uncovering the secrets. In the process, she discovers her own secrets. MOMOLAND’s Yeonwoo was previously confirmed to play her younger sister in the drama.

The production company The Story Works stated, “The drama ‘Alice’ is a new genre that incorporates science fiction with human melodrama. It does not miss out on any aspects of humanism, comedy, and melodrama while showcasing a large-scale plot that is typical of the sci-fi genre.” They continued, “With a script that is near perfection and actors who have both acting skills and popularity, we will present a drama that makes viewers feel as if they are part of it. We ask that you show lots of interest.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1365793wpp/joo-won-and-kim-hee-sun-confirmed-as-leads-for-upcoming-sci-fi-drama

November 15 2019

Joo Won & Kim Hee-Seon cast in SBS drama series “Alice”

Alice-KD-p01.jpg

Joo Won & Kim Hee-Seon are now cast in SBS drama series “Alice” (working title). For actor Joo Won, “Alice” will be his first acting role since being discharged from his mandatory military service on February 5, 2019. The first script reading already took place for the drama series. The drama series features a unique script revolving around time travel from the future. Joo Won will play a detective from the present day. He meets physicist Yoon Tae-Yi again, after she died in the past. They work together on discovering the secret of time travel through a space called Alice.

“Alice” will air on Fridays and Saturdays at 10 PM, sometime during the first half of 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/joo-won-kim-hee-seon-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-alice

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스 - Joo Won & Kim Hee Sun - Premieres in first half 2020
  • 4 weeks later...

Kwak Si Yang And Lee Da In Confirmed To Join Kim Hee Sun And Joo Won’s New Drama

Dec 19, 2019
by C. Hong
190596f703414040931322b2eaecf9d6.jpeg?s=

Kwak Si Yang has confirmed his next project will be SBS’s “Alice.”

“Alice” is a science fiction drama about a man and a woman who are separated by death but overcome the limits of time and space to reunite. Kim Hee Sun and Joo Won confirmed last month that they will be playing the lead roles, and former MOMOLAND member Yeonwoo has also been cast.

Kwak Si Yang was previously announced to be in talks for the drama. On December 19, a source from his agency confirmed, “Kwak Si Yang has chosen ‘Alice’ as his new project and is in the middle of filming.”

He will be playing the role of Yoo Min Hyuk, an elite agent at the organization “Alice” who protects time travelers. Rather than making value judgements about time travel, he does the work he’s assigned without a word.

Last month, actress Lee Da In also confirmed that she will be appearing in “Alice” in the role of Kim Do Yeon. Kim Do Yeon is a local news reporter with a positive, warm personality who isn’t afraid to stand up to others.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1372369wpp/kwak-si-yang-and-lee-da-in-confirmed-to-join-kim-hee-sun-and-joo-wons-new-drama

• 2 weeks later...

Watch: Kim Hee Sun Travels Through Time To Meet Joo Won In “Alice” Teaser

Jan 2, 2020
by C. Hong

ec9b8d4c8b2a4e4c88924b7e7c271803.jpeg?s=

Upcoming SBS sci-fi drama “Alice” (literal title) has released its first trailer!

“Alice” is about a detective without emotions (Joo Won) who learns about the existence of time travelers, who come from the future through a device called “Alice.” In the course of his investigations into “Alice,” he has a fateful reunion with a woman who died a long time ago (Kim Hee Sun).

The teaser begins with a flashback to Joo Won’s harsh school days, with Kim Hee Sun seemingly appearing as his mother, promising to believe in him no matter what. In a voice-over, someone says to Joo Won, “I should have caught the man who killed your mother,” and Joo Won responds coldly, “I’ll catch him now.”

Kim Hee Sun appears again as a dark-haired assassin with the voice-over, “If you meet someone strange, tell me right away.” A woman comments that strange things have been happening over the country lately, as Kim Hee Sun and potential other time travelers wreak havoc on people’s lives.

The trailer ends with Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun’s reunion, with Joo Won saying, “She said she was a time traveling mother” and Kim Hee Sun saying, “This is the fate I chose. Because you’re my son.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1374896wpp/watch-kim-hee-sun-travels-through-time-to-meet-joo-won-in-alice-teaser

So Kim Hee Sun plays the mother of the protagonist. But if she was dead in the past how she appears from the future? Maybe he thought that she died. Or maybe she manipulates the time travel device? Someone from the future came to the past and saved her? Many questions.  WE`ll see.

6 hours ago, lu09 said:

Interesting, I thought they would play a couple but this twist is good lol. I can't wait for it:D.

I have not thought they will be a couple but I did not think  that they are mother and son either. Yeah... it is interesting. And he remembered that his mother died.

January 2 2020

First teaser trailer for SBS drama series “Alice”

Alice-KD-2001.jpeg

First teaser trailer added for upcoming SBS drama series “Alice” starring Joo Won and Kim Hee-Seon. This is Joo Won’s first acting role since being discharged from the South Korean military on February 5, 2019. Captions in the teaser trailer appears around the 5 second mark with “Mother, who is the one and only mother in the world, died.” Captions around the 23 second mark states “Reunion of two people who transcends time and space.” Around the 25 second mark, Joo Won’s voice appears and he states “She told me that she is a time traveler mother.” At the 27 second mark, Kim Hee-Seon’s voice appears and she states “This is my fate which I made by choice.” She then states “Because you are my son.”

“Alice” will air sometime during the first half of this year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-sbs-drama-series-alice

Thanks larus glad there's an update for this. Excited to see Joo Won's comeback.  Did not care for his last drama actually (sassy girl historical remake) but also excited to see KHS. The last time I watch her was in 215 Angry Mom. So she's going to play a mother to Joo Won..in the past?

I'm not the biggest fan of fantasy/time travel genre I stay awat from them unless it's good writing/story (ie Tunnel,  Signal) but  I like these two actors plus I'm curious actually about plot/premise...so  I'm going to watch this.

17 minutes ago, jongski said:

Excited to see Joo Won's comeback.  Did not care for his last drama actually (sassy girl historical remake) but also excited to see KHS. The last time I watch her was in 215 Angry Mom. So she's going to play a mother to Joo Won..in the past?

The last drama I saw Joo Won was Naeil's Cantabile and for Kim Hee sun was Angry Mom too. I actually see the leads in two drama each. 

I wanted to watch the last drama of Kim Hee Sun, Room no 9, another fantasy drama, but I could not had time when it was airing.

Well, I will watch this drama. I like the fantasy genre but not many fantasy kdramas are catching my interest.

I hope Alice has a good plot. I don`t know if they can explain satisfactory the time travel system but the son- mother meeting after time is heartwarming and i want to see it. I am cheering for a happy ending for both of them. We`ll see.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'Alice' Joo won & Kim Hee-sun donated 300 million won to overcome 'Corona 19'.

2020031102899_0.jpg

As a result of coverage of OSEN on the 11th, Juwon made 100 million won for Good Neighbors to give strength to those who are having a difficult time with Corona 19.
According to Good Neighbors, the donation of 100 million won from Juwon will be used to prevent the spread of corona infections in Daegu, Gyeongbuk and other regions, as well as for vulnerable groups who need help and medical staff struggling to treat patients.
n addition to donating rice wreaths sent by domestic and overseas fans to difficult neighbors during the drama production presentation, the entire fund raised from the domestic fan meeting was enjoyed for children and multicultural families. Ju Won fans also showed the spread of 'good influence' by giving support to patients with organ failure.

Earlier, Kim Hee-sun reportedly donated 100 million won each to Good Neighbors and Seoul National University Hospital on the 27th of last month.

According to the official, Kim Hee-sun decided to make a donation in the hope that it would be of little help to those suffering from the proliferation of Corona 19 as well as difficult families in Daegu and Gyeongbuk.

Kim Hee-sun's donation will be used to purchase daily necessities kits and quarantine supplies for the underprivileged and low-income families in Daegu and Gyeongbuk.

Kim Hee-sun is also famous for his donation. She has been a model for making donations to children in need, such as childhood cancer, abused children and Afghan children.

(Google translate)

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/03/11/2020031102910.html

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스 - Joo Won & Kim Hee Sun - Premieres in April

Archived