Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

What the what. That was probably the worst, most nonsensical ending possible for this story. Did the writer realize the story didn’t make sense up to this point anyway and just gave up? And just gave us some sappy happy ending? With a sprinkle of incest as a cherry on top??

:facepalm:

Biggest plot hole for me: shouldn’t all JYs have disappeared when he killed himself? Wasn’t that the point of why his mom was trying so hard to protect him? If he was only going to disappear in one world, why would any of this matter? And in how many worlds did JG’s mom already die? Wouldn’t that have set all the things into motion and created lots of JGs chasing the killer(s)? Was there something special about the JG we were watching? 

I guess these questions assume some level of consistency and logic. 

Grade: F

• Like 8
  • Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EP 7 SPOILERS! (13/14)   Obviously typing this on the spot so do forgive me with the errors and bad english typing!   EP starts.   Taeyi struggles with the dude from dude

Probably my last time posting here because this series has came to an end. Honestly felt disappointed because i anticipated this drama since it was Joowon's comeback drama! :|    I think the

Okay so firstly I'll start with explaining some theories and then get back to the drama.   First we've got the butterfly effect. Basically butterfly effect was defined as A Butterfly's flapp

ya, i agreed with @slpamngtrs that Jin Gyeom should not exist back in 2020... or rather, the reset should end at the point where Park Sun Young shot herself, Jin Gyeom (2020) killed Jin Gyeom (2050) and all cease to exist.. even for Jin Gyeom (2010). So eventually there should only be Tae Yi (2010) who is a college student continues to live on to future.

but to forcefully keep their existence into 2020, the only "reasonable" argument would be the birth of a new life (Park Sun Young in 1992 gave birth to Jin Gyeom) causing them not being affected by the reset.

Spoiler

this is from the Final Destination movie concept where the pregnant mother gave birth before her turn in line for death to come, thus escaped death.

Alice ending, has a bit of similarity to Miracle that We Met.

• Like 3

Kim Hee Sun, Joo Won, And More Share Final Remarks To Bid Farewell To “Alice”

Oct 25, 2020
by U. Kim

SBS’s sci-fi action thriller drama “Alice” came to a close on October 24, and the drama’s actors have shared comments to say goodbye to the drama and its viewers.

Joo Won played the detective Park Jin Gyeom who gets involved in the world of time travel when he searches for the truth behind his mother’s murder. Joo Won shared through a video on TikTok, “I will return with another great project. Thank you. I was happy. Let’s meet again.”

joo-won1.jpg

Kim Hee Sun played two roles: the genius physicist Yoon Tae Yi and the time traveler Park Sun Young. She stated through her agency, “‘Alice’ has finally come to an end. We began filming last November, and it’s October now, so it’s been about a year. Perhaps because of the amount of time I spent on it, it’s close to my heart. I feel some regret about not doing a better job, and I also feel even sadder due to the weather that’s getting colder. I really miss all of the staff members who worked hard with us, and I’ll take this opportunity to thank them. Moreover, I want to thank the viewers of ‘Alice.’ I’ll work harder and evolve further. Thank you.”

kim-hee-sun2.jpg

Kwak Si Yang played agent Yoo Min Hyuk, a character from the future. He shared, “There were difficult times while filming, but I also laughed and had fun on set and wrapped up filming with a thankful heart. Looking back, I do feel regret, but I think ‘Alice’ will continue to take up a large portion of my heart. I’d like to thank our viewers, and to the cast and crew who worked hard together, I love you and thank you.”

kwak-si-yang.jpg

Yeonwoo expressed through her agency, “Everything was so warm about ‘Alice.’ Thanks to my sunbaes and the staff, I learned a lot and felt grateful for the experience. Once again, I’m thankful to have been able to stay in the happy time that was ‘Alice.’ Lastly, to my role model Kim Hee Sun sunbaenim, who greeted me brightly and held my hand since the first day of filming, I love you and respect you.” Yeonwoo played Yoon Tae Yi’s younger sister Yoon Tae Yeon in “Alice.”

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1433627wpp/kim-hee-sun-joo-won-and-more-share-final-remarks-to-bid-farewell-to-alice

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

Yuck! My sentiments exactly on the incesty direction. WTH was the point. I couldn't even watch the final moments after it made no sense that she remembers and the people who were apart of his life after his moms death didn't? WTH!

*Kwak Si Yang tho' Yum :sweating:

Edited by GingerK
forgot something
  • Like 4

Probably my last time posting here because this series has came to an end. Honestly felt disappointed because i anticipated this drama since it was Joowon's comeback drama! :| 

I think the series started out with a very fresh concept, but probably messed up in the hands of the writers? I felt the whole series was more on dimension shifting than time travel? The main story revolved around the murder in 2010 and the shift between 1992, 2010, 2020 and 2050? There's still no explanation why JG has his powers and ability to close the door or time? I guess the writers also got confused with their own writing because i lost the show at the half way mark sadly. 

The ending itself was rather sloppy too because there are so much loopholes ?? Why did TY have to commit suicide in the final timeline before reset? Because it seems like after JG kills the "teacher", he doesn't disappear?? So this means only one dimension remains, and they reset from 2010 timeline on the day TY was suppose to die? Then ALICE disappears? So where's the explanation about Minhyuk then? He just disappears? And in this final timeline, i presume that TY survived, and JG continues living with his mum? But why doesn't JG rmb Doyeon? LOL i mean, DY still existed as a friend before the reset? Then why is there 2 TY then (aka JG's alive Mum & Professor in 2020). My understanding was that only one self remains, and other dimension self vanishes?? Or did TY mum died in the reset ?

Also at the end?? Why did Prof TY have the memories? Also, okay let's take it that JG doesn't have the memories of this whole dimension thing. He met someone like his Mum in the present timeline?? But has no reaction to it?? And the open ending seems like its implying TY x JG? LOL i can't even.

But okay, the crazy writing aside, I think the actors did a really great job?? Joowon, Siyang & Kim Heesun slayed their roles, though the whole plot was confusing ~ if someone has a good explanation to the points i mentioned, please let me know ... 

• Like 11

The finale Ep was seemed fine until it showed that an “Architect Park Jin Gyeom” existed in current timeline.

I was disappointed with the writer's decision to bring PJG back in that timeline just for the sake of a happy ending (may be because they both are the main leads and must put them in a good ending to fill up the last 5 minutes screen time). PJG was brought to existence because of his time-traveller mother. Since everything had changed to a reset (which satisfied most of our expectation), all the time travellers had been gone, and the scene shown us "ALICE" was disappeared too.

However, it still left with unanswered tail :

Who wrote the Book of Prophecy? The story only mentioned that female lead read that book but the story did not say who wrote the book?

For a finale EP, I prefer the ending that they should never cross path again, if they do, it could be a destiny that set by the writer. In my opinion, they should live their own life separately and happily, it makes more sense if Tae Yi meets MinHyuk, and build a family with JG as their son, as it should have been in the first place without all the existence of time travellers. Of course the story did bring out the key message and the adverse effect of the time travelling but the ending could have done it in a much satisfying manner, rather leaving us with a more speculation as to why PJG is still existing in 2020. The ending shall leave us with our own opinion and judgement.

This drama had started off with great potential...but turned out to be a waste due to the inconsistency and incoherence of this drama plot. 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

However, it still left with unanswered tail :

Who wrote the Book of Prophecy? The story only mentioned that female lead read that book but the story did not say who wrote the book?

Do Yeon did. LOL. She's the one that went back in time and gave birth to Tae Yi.  Okay, I might of made that up OR did I??

• LOL 7

Can someone spoil this for me and explain the story for someone that hasn’t seen it but considering to and wants to know ahead of time in case I end up just wasting my energy and time in a show I will be disappointed in? My heart can’t handle any of that. At least, what do you guys mean by the incest twist?

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Can someone spoil this for me and explain the story for someone that hasn’t seen it but considering to and wants to know ahead of time in case I end up just wasting my energy and time in a show I will be disappointed in? My heart can’t handle any of that. At least, what do you guys mean by the incest twist?

@philosophie I don’t think any of us could explain it to you. I’m not sure the writer could even make any sense of it. 

As for SPOILER,

Spoiler

the ending suggested the main character and his mom’s character, though a younger (in the past) version of herself, may have romantic feelings for each other (feelings that were hinted a bit throughout the series).

:wut:

Hope that helps! If you’re someone who doesn’t like being disappointed, chances are you should skip. Lol

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2
  • LOL 2

It was a confusing last episode and I don`t think I can comment about it. I don`t know what happened. Perhaps I should watch again the ep 16 to understand better.

The time travel with the multidimentions plot made the show complicated and for the writer to not be able to handle everything.

I was thinking why everything resets after the Teacher (Jin Gyeom 2050) died? We can have an explanation except for what Book of Prophecy said? I don`t understand why Jin Gyeom The Teacher chose that particular time in 2010 to kill his mother from 2020 if he just wanted to not exist? He tried to convinced his mother (Alice Tae Yi 1992) to have an abortion but she shot him. He did not die after his mother (Tae Yi 1992) shot him? Or he died in another dimention but he remembers all the other experiences? So complicated. 

Back to the scene where Jin Gyeom`s mom shot herself in front of her future sons (2020 and 2050 Jin Gyeom). Jin Gyeom`s mom shot herself (nothing happeneds because she died in other past moments at that time) but after Jin Gyeom (2020) shot The Teacher (Jin Gyeom 2050), the reset is in motion. The Teacher disappears, Alice organization as well, even Jin Gyeom (2020) dissapears but a little later, not after seeing another reality where he and his mom were happy. I assumed it  was another reality, where Jin Gyeom sang happy birthday, wanted to go to see the astronomic moment with his mother, where she did not died). Or it was just a wishful thinking?

After he disappeared, we saw Professor Yoon Tae Yi waking up in her reality, in 2020. She remembers everything but her world is different now. Nobody knew Jin Gyeom. So in this reality, the reset took place. Jin Gyeom dissapeared, his mom but Professor Yoon Tae Yi did not. She was at a seminar (acording to her sister), the other persons who died because of time travelers are alive but nobody remembers Jin Gyeom because he doesn`t exist. After the RESET, Yoon Tae Yi  is back to her time and it looks like she wake up from a dream. She feels like she experiences/saw another Tae yi`s life. 

The architect Park (we don`t know if he is named Jin Gyeom now) is living in this world but he doesn`t have anything to do with detective Park Jin gyeom, except that he remembers (oddly) the events past RESET, just how a person can dream or remember events, persons from past lives. I understood corectly? This architect Park is another person right?

I don`t know why the writer come up with this plot just to show all the main character in 2020 as well. It is confusing.

It would have been alright to not see Jin Gyeom, in any form, in the story, after the RESET.

The time travel will not occure now because Professor Yoon Tae Yi doesn`t work on the time travel project anymore. Jin Gyeom will not exist because Yoon Tae Yi will not travel in the future and meet Min Hyuk anymore. 

But why Tae Ti exists in 2020? The reset starts from 1992? 2010? Her father died (probably not because of Alice) and she was adopted by Yoon family? I wish they did not make Tae Yi`s mother a time traveler because they did not explain convincing (for me anyway) how that is was possible. I have more questions but I stop to find an answer because I don`t think I will find it convincing.

Overall, I enjoyed this drama. The cast had a good experience filming this drama. I like the characters and how the actors portrayed their characters.  There were some physics theories/ explanations in the drama that I liked to hear and read about. Of course, not even the scientists can explain fully the time travel concept, a writer even less, but it would have been better for the writer to keep the plot much simple and coherent. I want to see a better sci fi with time traveling concept  but I don`t have high hopes. :D

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

What else can I say that hasn't already been said? That said, I want to add my lament to the chorus of displeasure expressed here. There's no two ways about it... that was a nonsensical ending -- an insult to the audience that faithfully followed it to the bitter end. I don't have any objections to happy endings but this is ridiculous. This wasn't a happy ending... this was the show forcibly reminding us who the leads of the drama are at the cost of storytelling. Park Jin-gyeom... someone who apparently shouldn't have existed and with memories of Yoon Tae-yi... is now an architect in 2020 doing restorations of historic homes because apparently he just fell from the sky and inserted himself into the populace behaving like a well-adjusted human being. Where does he come from? Who are his parents? What's he doing in 2020? Why does he have memories of TY? Are they gunning for a second season? If they are, you can be sure, I won't be signing up for it. 

So what is the show saying... that this Park Jin-gyeom who fell from the sky and this Prof Yoon Tae-yi have a completely clean slate and they can find their happily-ever-after in each other? There's nothing icky right... except there is. Because he has memories of her. She has memories of him too. He's not a completely different guy. Unless he's suffering quantum entanglement issues too. But he shouldn't right... because the door's been closed on time travel and everything's has been reset. No wonder everybody's confused. It flies in the face of the show's own claims about what's going on.

So why was Tae-yi running around the place like a headless chicken demanding to know where Detective Park Jin-gyeom was. That was utterly silly. Shouldn't she have twigged by the time she got to the police station that a reset had occurred? You know, the reset that she and Mother Tae-yi talked about two three episodes ago. Kim Hee-sun is a great actress but I've shaken my head at the things they've made her do as Prof Yoon Tae-yi. They obviously wanted to give her a bigger role when the actual story didn't warrant it. They had a great ensemble cast... and they wasted the talent pool. 

It's not hard to see why they wanted Tae-yi to retain her memories prior to the reset... because oh no... we can't have her trying to get time travel up and running again. But the problem with that is the show never tells us what the agency behind everything is. She was very dead the last time we looked. Did God or the universe give her that kind of insight? If the show was going for an esoteric answer then it should have said so much earlier. Rather than have Seok O-won muttering something about the mysteries of the universe. Sheesh... what a cop out. 

I keep wondering what went wrong with the show. The bottom line for me is that they went for the message without taking care of the messaging. They consistently broke their own rules. Out of the mouth of one person they talk about alternate universes, then from another it's parallel dimensions... if that wasn't confusing enough... we have Groundhog Day on steroids with no sense of who's who. "You can't stop my death. Mea culpa." Okay lady... we got it the third time. And then when the two JGs squabble over mother's love, she turns the weapon on herself. Why did she run from the drone in the first place?

The last episode didn't really tell us anything particularly insightful that we didn't already work out five episodes ago. Time travel is bad. It is corrupting. The past can't be fixed (or shouldn't). Hold on to your memories and move on. Live in the present. Mother's love is the greatest. But the themes shouldn't come at the expense of fundamental things like consistent storytelling.

I actually liked the idea of Jin-gyeom and his different selves... obviously gave Joo-won a chance to show his acting chops because it has interesting ramifications for the causal loop thesis, paradoxes and quantum entanglement. But why wasn't that introduced sooner and developed further? On some level Old Jin-gyeom was a fascinating fellow but we hardly got to know him except as a serial killer and then he was gone.

On hindsight all the information we were given were completely unreliable from start to finish. Everyone was happily going back and forth but up the creek without a paddle. Apparently if the ending is to be believed we were watching the Murder on the Orient Express the entire time.

To add injury to insult, there's no Min-hyuk. One would think the logical ending for Tae-yi would be to have them meet somewhere for the first time at the very least. That would be a logical, consistent and acceptable compromise. But then... that's probably too logical for a show that lost its way a long time ago.

When I look at how good the first half of the drama was... it begs the question: Did they run out of money?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

So looking at the comments above, I see many confused and not really happy with the ending, I sort of share the same sentiments with them. I really wonder, when it was so easy to make the ending better, why writers always go the complicated one or the bad one. The drama which was giving explanations for small things happening, now totally disregarded logic and reasoning in the final 10-15 minutes and sort of ruined the show for everyone. I think if they would not even show Jin Gyeom in the end and show Tae Yi with the memories and realizing RESET happened and she only remembers things, it would have been a better ending. 

So we finally see Jin Gyeom not doing what the hooded guy claimed to have done in the same situation and shot him without any hesitation, leading to the RESET. I believe the timeline we see in the end, where Jin Gyeom follows Tae Yi out and says he'll go with her too to buy drinks is the one happening. We already see a different Jin Gyeom which makes me wonder, if he does not suffer from the same condition which Jin Gyeom was or let's just assume it became better. Since Tae Yi survives, I can see why Jin Gyeom did not become a cop. I think till now it was all good and fine. Tae Yi was proved wrong about thinking even her son Jin Gyeom would cease to exist because of RESET. Fine, it did not happen and it was quite a good one seeing Jin Gyeom returning the scarf to Tae Yi (he is not visible to her as he is sort of hiding) and she realizing that the RESET happened. 

Coming to 2020, yes Prof. Tae Yi needs to have memories so that she'll not go towards time travel. She searches for Jin Gyeom and no one knows him, which is also fine for me. But I lost it when Do Yeon didn't. They could have easily made him her fiancée/husband/boy friend or at least friend. Instead of saying "I heard something similar from an architect too, she could just say "I heard similar thing from my friend" (or the ones I mentioned before). And it would be good in my opinion. Firstly as we saw Jin Gyeom in the remaining timeline, changed person following his mom to buy drinks too (in fact offering to go with her), he still goes to the same school with Do Yeon, even if that student suicide incident did not happen, they were in the same class. So I wonder why Do Yeon does not remember him. Anyway this was the first WTH moment I faced.

Jin Gyeom is a normal guy, a good architect, lets say quite famous one too. He is having experiencing Deja Vu time to time of the incidents which happened back them, fine. He went past Tae Yi was fine for me. Yes she looked like his mom, he could have thought the same when we see him turn back and look at her again too. But then again he could have thought she is just a look a like and if he would not return, maybe I would find the ending better too. But they meet at the same spot and he sort of remembers some things. It sure is confusing ending and not really a good one. When they could have made things quite good, they messed it up big time. 

I have a question here though. Why did old Jin Gyeom and Jang Dong Shik have same vintage old gun? :rubchin:

Let's not even ask  who wrote the book. But they did show the hooded figure typing something on a typewriter, so I will just assume old Jin Gyeom did. Why? Because he was part of all incidents and experienced all of them too, as the old one claimed. Old one also confronted an old Jin Gyeom when he was younger in the Alice HQ, same thing happened in the 2010, but he didn't kill the old one, which current Jin Gyeom did. So I believe having seen everything happen and experience them, only old Jin Gyeom can write that book, and it also teased with showing him type on a typewriter in one episode. Would have loved it if they would have given clear explanation on it. 

Anyway, overall I liked this drama, would not really dislike it because of the final 15 minutes. But I look forward to another drama with similar time travel, having a better ending. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

What else can I say that hasn't already been said? That said, I want to add my lament to the chorus of displeasure expressed here. There's no two ways about it... that was a nonsensical ending -- an insult to the audience that faithfully followed it to the bitter end. I don't have any objections to happy endings but this is ridiculous. This wasn't a happy ending... this was the show forcibly reminding us who the leads of the drama are at the cost of storytelling. Park Jin-gyeom... someone who apparently shouldn't have existed and with memories of Yoon Tae-yi... is now an architect in 2020 doing restorations of historic homes because apparently he just fell from the sky and inserted himself into the populace behaving like a well-adjusted human being. Where does he come from? Who are his parents? What's he doing in 2020? Why does he have memories of TY? Are they gunning for a second season? If they are, you can be sure, I won't be signing up for it. 

So what is the show saying... that this Park Jin-gyeom who fell from the sky and this Prof Yoon Tae-yi have a completely clean slate and they can find their happily-ever-after in each other? There's nothing icky right... except there is. Because he has memories of her. She has memories of him too. He's not a completely different guy. Unless he's suffering quantum entanglement issues too. But he shouldn't right... because the door's been closed on time travel and everything's has been reset. No wonder everybody's confused. It flies in the face of the show's own claims about what's going on.

So why was Tae-yi running around the place like a headless chicken demanding to know where Detective Park Jin-gyeom was. That was utterly silly. Shouldn't she have twigged by the time she got to the police station that a reset had occurred? You know, the reset that she and Mother Tae-yi talked about two three episodes ago. Kim Hee-sun is a great actress but I've shaken my head at the things they've made her do as Prof Yoon Tae-yi. They obviously wanted to give her a bigger role when the actual story didn't warrant it. They had a great ensemble cast... and they wasted the talent pool. 

It's not hard to see why they wanted Tae-yi to retain her memories prior to the reset... because oh no... we can't have her trying to get time travel up and running again. But the problem with that is the show never tells us what the agency behind everything is. She was very dead the last time we looked. Did God or the universe give her that kind of insight? If the show was going for an esoteric answer then it should have said so much earlier. Rather than have Seok O-won muttering something about the mysteries of the universe. Sheesh... what a cop out. 

I keep wondering what went wrong with the show. The bottom line for me is that they went for the message without taking care of the messaging. They consistently broke their own rules. Out of the mouth of one person they talk about alternate universes, then from another it's parallel dimensions... if that wasn't confusing enough... we have Groundhog Day on steroids with no sense of who's who. "You can't stop my death. Mea culpa." Okay lady... we got it the third time. And then when the two JGs squabble over mother's love, she turns the weapon on herself. Why did she run from the drone in the first place?

The last episode didn't really tell us anything particularly insightful that we didn't already work out five episodes ago. Time travel is bad. It is corrupting. The past can't be fixed (or shouldn't). Hold on to your memories and move on. Live in the present. Mother's love is the greatest. But the themes shouldn't come at the expense of fundamental things like consistent storytelling.

I actually liked the idea of Jin-gyeom and his different selves... obviously gave Joo-won a chance to show his acting chops because it has interesting ramifications for the causal loop thesis, paradoxes and quantum entanglement. But why wasn't that introduced sooner and developed further? On some level Old Jin-gyeom was a fascinating fellow but we hardly got to know him except as a serial killer and then he was gone.

On hindsight all the information we were given were completely unreliable from start to finish. Everyone was happily going back and forth but up the creek without a paddle. Apparently if the ending is to be believed we were watching the Murder on the Orient Express the entire time.

To add injury to insult, there's no Min-hyuk. One would think the logical ending for Tae-yi would be to have them meet somewhere for the first time at the very least. That would be a logical, consistent and acceptable compromise. But then... that's probably too logical for a show that lost its way a long time ago.

When I look at how good the first half of the drama was... it begs the question: Did they run out of money?

This. You echo my thoughts about this series so well. I gave up trying to figure this stuff out mid-series. I thought I would just stop guessing and let the show tell me instead. Nevertheless I held on to the rule that was introduced around the time that the future mother killed her past self and it was said by Seol Oh Wan that changing the past doesn’t change the current dimension but creates a new dimension and so basically there are many parallel dimensions currently. So then I wanted to know how is JG going to put an end to time travel and how will all the dimensions disappear when Seol Oh Wan already said changing the past only creates a new dimension and doesn’t affect the current dimension. Honestly, by the end of the show I gave up trying to figure out what happened. 

I was also complaining all the time about the way the show underused the characters. It was such a waste and about midway through the series I realized characters were sacrificed for the sake of the growing strange/undefinable relationship between TY and JG. I notice that even when JG and DY have scenes together, most of the times TY is around them. Basically, she and JG were always together and the ending says it all. 

Well, at least I got one thing right and that was the hooded figure outside the gate was an older version of JG. Also that JG have other versions of himself in other dimensions. 

I did enjoy the early half of the series though. I suppose the good thing about the ending is that I got some good drama recommendations from the people who are complaining about this series on Mydramalist. Now I want to watch the drama Circle: Two Worlds Connected since they say it was a better written drama but I can’t find it anywhere to stream. 

I’m looking forward to Joo Won’s next project and the actor who played Min Hyuk. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

“Alice” Main Cast Chooses Most Memorable Scenes From The Drama

24d5cda261e14b068a7eb2ea567b626c.jpeg?s=

Oct 25, 2020
by S. P

SBS’s “Alice” came to an end on October 24, and the drama’s actors have selected their favorite scenes from the drama!

“Alice” is a sci-fi action thriller drama about a detective named Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won) who gets involved in the world of time travel when he searches for the truth behind his mother’s murder and encounters a genius physicist named Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun) who looks exactly like her.

First, Kim Hee Sun selected her character’s first appearance in episode one as a memorable scene. She explained, “It was my first time filming an action scene, so preparing for it was difficult, but after I watched the episode I felt a sense of satisfaction. I realized that what I saw on screen could be portrayed in a more interesting way depending on the camera angle, the direction, and the editing of the scene, so it was a time where I felt really thankful to the producers.”

Kim Hee Sun also chose another scene from the first episode in which Park Sun Young meets Park Jin Gyeom in the interrogation room after he was wrongly accused of murder. She said that Park Seon Young’s strong sense of trust in her son and her firm resolution to release him from the false accusation brought her closer to the viewers. She added, “It’s also especially memorable since it was my first day filming as Park Sun Young.”

Joo Won then selected Park Sun Young’s death as the most memorable scene. He said, “It was the scene that took the most effort to film. The scene itself was difficult, and it was complicated because we had to move between the present and the past while experiencing the same situation. Because of that, I think everyone was able to come together to concentrate on the filming.” The scene Joo Won selected was a pivotal moment in the drama, as well as one that showcased both Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun’s superb acting skills.

Kwak Si Yang, who played agent Yoo Min Hyuk, chose a scene from episode 10 where his character runs into Park Jin Gyeom at his house. He described the scene, saying, “After he found out that Park Jin Gyeom was his son, he tells him about what his mother was like, but he can’t bring himself to reveal to Park Jin Gyeom that he is his father.” This scene drew viewers in with Joo Won and Kwak Si Yang’s detailed portrayal of the sad fates of their two characters.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433653wpp/alice-main-cast-chooses-most-memorable-scenes-from-the-drama

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
7 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Coming to 2020, yes Prof. Tae Yi needs to have memories so that she'll not go towards time travel. She searches for Jin Gyeom and no one knows him, which is also fine for me. But I lost it when Do Yeon didn't. They could have easily made him her fiancée/husband/boy friend or at least friend.

But how could she remember Jin Gyeom if he doesn`t exist? If Yoon Tae yi will not travel in time anymore, if she did not met Min Hyuk, she did not travel back in 1992, than Jin Gyeom and Do yeon never met. I find it alright if she did not know Jin Gyeom.  But what is not clear, for me anyway, how this RESET works. From what I understood, everything that was linked with time travel disappeared, and everyone who met the time travelers lived their life without this interference.

But how Tay Yi`s mother could have traveled in time even before her daughter discovered the time travel herself? That was not explained. I thougt she came from the future, when the time travel took place.  It was a information that the writer forgot? Why used it if you did not explain properly? I know it is a minor information but I wonder why she did not dissapear herself if time traveled ceased to exist in this time line?

Jin Gyeom appeared from nowhere in the last episode. The architect can`t be Jin gyeom. Unless the forces of the universe (I don`t know how) put him in this timeline, in the same timeline with Professor Yoon Tae Yi,to not dissapear forever. I can`t explain at all. I wish the writer could explain what was in his mind, why he chose this ending. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
1 hour ago, larus said:

But how could she remember Jin Gyeom if he doesn`t exist? If Yoon Tae yi will not travel in time anymore, if she did not met Min Hyuk, she did not travel back in 1992, than Jin Gyeom and Do yeon never met. I find it alright if she did not know Jin Gyeom.  But what is not clear, for me anyway, how this RESET works. From what I understood, everything that was linked with time travel disappeared, and everyone who met the time travelers lived their life without this interference.

But how Tay Yi`s mother could have traveled in time even before her daughter discovered the time travel herself? That was not explained. I thougt she came from the future, when the time travel took place.  It was a information that the writer forgot? Why used it if you did not explain properly? I know it is a minor information but I wonder why she did not dissapear herself if time traveled ceased to exist in this time line?

Jin Gyeom appeared from nowhere in the last episode. The architect can`t be Jin gyeom. Unless the forces of the universe (I don`t know how) put him in this timeline, in the same timeline with Professor Yoon Tae Yi,to not dissapear forever. I can`t explain at all. I wish the writer could explain what was in her mind, why he chose this ending. 

I think one time line stayed, and those who were in that timeline stayed and all the other selves (same guys from other universe/time line) and time travelers disappeared. Since the RESET happened in 2010, both Tae Yi's stayed and so did Jin Gyeom (high school student), but you see main Jin Gyeom disappearing, which means he cannot stay since he time traveled to 2010. This is where I think Yoon Tae Yi was wrong, because she believed that even her son Jin Gyeom in high school would cease to exist, but it did not happen. 

So the incidents already happened before 2010 did not change, but they had already happened, only the incidents 2010 onward changed. RESET onward. Thus we see Prof. Tae Yi still there. Thus we see Jin Gyeom to be architect in this one too, because we saw after RESET high school Jin Gyeom goes out with his mom to buy drinks, his mom is not killed, so he does not go and become a cop, he becomes an architect. 

Let me explain this way, if current Jin Gyeom had killed old Jin Gyeom in 2020, he would not cease to exist. He would maybe not remember things about the time travel and may also look after mom's killer, but things would go back to the time when he did not meet any time travelers. This is what I believe. So RESET happening would not affect the past but will affect the future. Why future, because we see the RESET happen in 2010 and thus since we have already seen things happening in 2020 before, we see the changes. 

But how could Tae Yi remember everything is something even I don't understand. I mean I know why she is supposed to remember things, because she shouldn't go for the time travel and other things, but how could she be the only to remember, I don't know. 

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

This is what I believe. So RESET happening would not affect the past but will affect the future. Why future, because we see the RESET happen in 2010 and thus since we have already seen things happening in 2020 before, we see the changes. 

Thanks for the explanation but it is so random. Why this RESET happends just from 2010? Why not 1992? Why should Tae Yi`s father still dead because of time travel and not Jin Gyeom`s mom?

Thanks for the explanation. It makes more sense now as I saw the current events but still remained more questions. The school boy Jin Gyeom was in school before his mom got killed so why Do Yeon  did not know who it was Jin  Gyeom? They were colleagues before 2010.  I have assumed Jin Gyeom was different in another dimension/universe. Yes, he went to his mom but that was not Jin Gyeom we saw in 2010, the first time. 

I said that I don`t understand how this RESET works. I still don`t. I read your explanation but something is still not clear.

Why the incedents that happened before 2010 did not changed? It should have changed if the time traveled was involved.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Finally I have somewhat recovered from that awful ending. 

There were so many unanswered questions left, I mean how could the writers make the whole show revolved around The Book of Prophecy But not tell us who wrote it?  How Tae Yi's mum found the book?  

Honestly, very disappointed in the writers, what was the point then if they never revealed anything about the origins of the book, everyone was literally running around killing people because of it as well. Also, why did everyone believe that book as if it was some sort of bible?

Another thing, how does Park Jin Gyeom exist in 2020 if according to TY the original PJG mum that everything is reset. So, how can PJG look exactly the same if TY from 2050 does not exist in 2020 and so doesn't Min Hyuk, so how PJG was born again? Also, he did not recognise TY as looking exactly like his mum, which obviously means that PJG must have different parents, but how can he look exactly the same, that's not how DNA works. That part was honestly the most confusing in the show, also he somehow has De ja vu from the time travel experience. I can not wrap my head around the whole time reset with him still existing there. Also, if original TY was born sometime before 1992, then how does TY exist in 2050 and looked so young when she travelled back in time? 

Also, how is Mr Ko alive if he was meant to day in 2010, but he is still living it up in 2020. Seems like writers could not follow their own storylines anymore and just gave up in the end.

Would of loved more Min Hyuk and PJG scenes, its like they just killed MH off and he was not even relevant to the story anymore, we learned absolutely nothing about him only that he was devoted to Alice and loved TY. Honestly, they could have provided more to MH character and his relationship to PJG.

What is up with TY and PJG in the end are they lovers or what is going on, since according to that messed up ending timeline TY looks nothing like his mum anymore, which is still very confusing. It seemed as if TY was in love with PJG in the end and same goes for him. It's messed honestly nothing made sense.

The show had so much potential, but they have ruined the ending it could have been incredible, but in the end nothing made sense anymore. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, larus said:

Thanks for the explanation but it is so random. Why this RESET happends just from 2010? Why not 1992? Why should Tae Yi`s father still dead because of time travel and not Jin Gyeom`s mom?

Thanks for the explanation. It makes more sense now as I saw the current events but still remained more questions. The school boy Jin Gyeom was in school before his mom got killed so why Do Yeon  did not know who it was Jin  Gyeom? They were colleagues before 2010.  I have assumed Jin Gyeom was different in another dimension/universe. Yes, he went to his mom but that was not Jin Gyeom we saw in 2010, the first time. 

I said that I don`t understand how this RESET works. I still don`t. I read your explanation but something is still not clear.

Why the incedents that happened before 2010 did not changed? It should have changed if the time traveled was involved.

Okay Chingu let me explain again. RESET happens from 2010, because it happened in 2010. If Tae Yi would have killed him in 1992, then it would happen at that time and then Tae Yi and all those time travelers at that time would cease to exist. Tae Yi coming to 1992 was time travel, she staying from that time onward meant she became part of that timeline. That's why nothing happened to her in 2010. So whatever happened before 2010, was the same, nothing changed and things changed 2010 onward. Which means since RESET happened in 2010, then all the time travels happened before it will not be affected, since it already happened. This is what Tae Yi had not predicted and she was thinking it will all start from scratch and thus her son would also cease to exist. 

For example if RESET would happen in 2011, then everything from 2011 would change. Tae Yi (Jin Gyeom's mom) would still be a dead person. 

Now coming to the question about Do Yeon not knowing him. Yes it is totally absurd thing and I was kind of disappointed with it. I am not a shipper, but I would have loved to see Jin Gyeom and Do Yeon together. But well, writers are cruel. Anyway, for this I think, due to Jin Gyeom's condition no one really liked him in school and sort of also were scared of him. Now Jin Gyeom's condition could be better, but it cannot suddenly disappear, not even because of RESET. Why? Because it happened to him due to radiation. Coming back to school, no one approaches Jin Gyeom. Do Yeon got near to Jin Gyeom because of the school girl's suicide incident which for some unknown reasons did not happen back in 2010. It was shown that Do Yeon had suspected him and had him arrested, and then she appologises, which leads to their friendship. So maybe since suicide did not happen, Do Yeon also did not get near to him. But not knowing him is something else, because he was special kind, no one I think could forget having a classmate like Jin Gyeom. So Do Yeon not remembering/knowing him is bad writing. 

Why nothing changed before 2010 even if it had time travel involved? Because I believe it had already happened. I believe RESET will happen from when it happened onward and will not affect the past. Since Jin Gyeom did it on that day, the RESET happened from that day and did not affect the past, even the time travels. 

• Like 5

I believe the writer was forced into a corner by the network and was told to give the two main leads, a OTP Happy Ending. Even though they were related. I mean you have Joo Won and Kim Hee Seon as the main leads AND they're not a couple? This is SBS NOT OCN.  So, basically they found a way for Tae Yi to be no longer be related to Joo Won's character. See, in this new reality... Joo Won's character is no longer Tae Yi's son. Now they can get that OTP Ending where they just stare at each other.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1