larus

Wow, so beautiful OST of this drama.

Lyrics thanks to kgasa.

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

When the time goes by
Even if I’m going through this messy life
When the end is not visible

I’ll believe in all your moments.
Follow the destiny I chose from the start.
Today, tomorrow becomes yesterday

Whenever Wherever Whatever with you
One day, I’ll be with you somewhere.
Whenever Wherever Whatever Stay with you

No matter how far we go, we’ll meet again
With a heart that I cared about,
I’ll watch you wherever you are.
I can’t let the cold sigh cover the dark night
It’s not far from here.

Whenever Wherever Whatever with you
One day, I’ll be with you somewhere.

No matter how far we go, we’ll meet again
Promise me again. Please take your time
I’ll be here with a smile.

Remember Forever. Don’t forget.
It’s a meaningless moment without you.
I’ll be with you today and tomorrow.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so after watching all the episodes, I'm starting to understand what is going on when it comes to the timelines. Here let me explain my theory. The first Tae Yi became part of Alice and went back in time to 1992 and stayed to give birth to Jin Gyeom. This created a second timeline where the second Tae Yi lived her life similar to the first Tae Yi until 2020 when she meets Jin Gyeom. This changed everything, and even if the second Tae Yi doesn't go back in time to 1992 later in the future, the current Jin Gyeom would still exist. Speaking of Jin Gyeom, he went back to 2010 and created a third timeline. A timeline where he and Tae Yi meets for the first time in 2010. Lets call her third Tae Yi. The second Tae Yi is not going to remember this because in her reality, she never met him in 2010. He might also save his mom from dying but once he travels back to his timeline (2nd timeline), his mom (1st Tae Yi) would still be dead.               

Oh wow I am loving ALICE with Joowon and Kim Hee Sun. I like Kwak Si Yang's acting too.

Yeah I found a new fave drama during this miserable pandemic time. Just finished Ep3 and Ep4 within 2.5 hours. This drama is so exciting and I'm now impatient for Ep5 and Ep6.

I'm waiting for the day Jingyeom's dad realize that's his son he has been fighting with all these times.

I like the fact that Jin Gyeom made his best girl friend understand, that even though TY looks like his mother, he doesn't have feelings in love with her in episode 3

on the other hand the opposite may happen, the poor Tae Yi,she saw a a handsome guy who took her in his muscular arms lol

:saitama:

1)

My guess is the grey hair killer of Tae Yi in 1992 is actually the serial killer that was caught and cut one of his ankle by Min Hyuk in episode 1. The lady that works with Alice told Min Hyuk after he came back from talking to Alice Director, that the serial killer would be released soon. The time in Alice is 1 year while it takes several year 10 ~ 20 years in the past. So, I think it is possible that the killer that killed Prof Jang is also the same killer that killed Tae Yi. 

2) When the time stopped when Jin Gyeom met Tae Yi for the first time, I noticed that there are 2 ladies looking afar towards them on a high building open roof. 1 of them is Tae Yi (don’t know which Tae Yi yet) and another 1 is her research lab friend that is in charged to investigate the time card.

5 hours ago, pocket_tissue said:

:saitama:

2) When the time stopped when Jin Gyeom met Tae Yi for the first time, I noticed that there are 2 ladies looking afar towards them on a high building open roof. 1 of them is Tae Yi (don’t know which Tae Yi yet) and another 1 is her research lab friend that is in charged to investigate the time card.

Wait... which episode is this? The first episode? Where in the episode should I look for this? If this is true, then the Tae Yi that Jin Gyeom saw there in front of him is not the Tae Yi he later meet teaching at the university. He states to her that he saw her and she says she saw a droid but I don't think he is talking to the Tae Yi that he saw in front of him. 

What really happened in that scene. The time stopped but she was able to move. Did she have the card? This doesn't seem like the same Tae Yi he would later meet cause that Tae Yi doesn't seem to remember that she was able to walk through frozen time. She isn't aware that they met before.   

5 hours ago, pocket_tissue said:

1)

My guess is the grey hair killer of Tae Yi in 1992 is actually the serial killer that was caught and cut one of his ankle by Min Hyuk in episode 1. The lady that works with Alice told Min Hyuk after he came back from talking to Alice Director, that the serial killer would be released soon. The time in Alice is 1 year while it takes several year 10 ~ 20 years in the past. So, I think it is possible that the killer that killed Prof Jang is also the same killer that killed Tae Yi. 

That guy could be, but I don't think so. Reason? Because firstly if he was released from the prison in 2010 (which I don't think so, will write about it below), would he really the high tech guns which Alice was using? Even if he was from 2050, being in prison for all those years means that either his organization abandoned him or he could really not be in contact with them. Plus he was handicapped, so his organization would really not keep a handicapped mercenary. Secondly, no matter how weak Tae Yi would have become, she would have fought him off with him missing a feet and using an artificial one. Tae Yi being shot like and the whole house not being a mess, means she was shot by someone she knows. A comrade from Alice or anyone else she knew. 

As for why I think he did not get released in 2010, we know time is different in Alice. But when they talk about the outside world, they talk in their time. The girl telling Min Hyuk that he'll be released soon means he'll be getting released in 2020. 

Now coming to your second point. I went over and over that scene and was unable to find those 2 women. Please share the screenshot, or tell the exact timing when it happens and in which episode? 1 or 2. But I don't think she is any other Tae Yi. She is Prof. Tae Yi in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Wait... which episode is this? The first episode? Where in the episode should I look for this? If this is true, then the Tae Yi that Jin Gyeom saw there in front of him is not the Tae Yi he later meet teaching at the university. He states to her that he saw her and she says she saw a droid but I don't think he is talking to the Tae Yi that he saw in front of him. 

What really happened in that scene. The time stopped but she was able to move. Did she have the card? This doesn't seem like the same Tae Yi he would later meet cause that Tae Yi doesn't seem to remember that she was able to walk through frozen time. She isn't aware that they met before.   

If you see the first episode's last minute, starting from the moment he follows the drone, he sees Tae Yi down looking at the drone while moving forward. So I think she was the Tae Yi in front of him.

Plus as for Tae Yi moving, that is a red herring or definitely a plot hole. Why? In the second episode we see her in statue mode just like everyone. She does not move before anyone else does. I have seen tons of those fake scenes at the end of episodes, just to make the cliffhanger more intense and make the viewers come back for it. It has been an old strategy used by many dramas and I think this one is the same too. So she moving when time froze in ep 1 could really be a fake scene, because we don't see it in ep 2. Because in the second episode you see Tae Yi moving in the same way, after Jin Gyeom's tear falls on the ground, which makes the time start again.

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Plus as for Tae Yi moving, that is a red herring or definitely a plot hole. Why? In the second episode we see her in statue mode just like everyone. She does not move before anyone else does. I have seen tons of those fake scenes at the end of episodes, just to make the cliffhanger more intense and make the viewers come back for it. It has been an old strategy used by many dramas and I think this one is the same too. So she moving when time froze in ep 1 could really be a fake scene, because we don't see it in ep 2. Because in the second episode you see Tae Yi moving in the same way, after Jin Gyeom's tear falls on the ground, which makes the time start again.

Red Herring? That's actually a good explanation. I never really thought of that.

Looking back at the episode 4, I noticed that Jin Gyeom mentioned that her mom was born in 1968. That means he thinks his mom gave birth to him in her 20's and then died in her early 40's BUT the second Tae Yi claims that she was born in 1989. She would be in her 30's when she gives birth to Jin Gyeom in the future. It's like they are keeping her real age a secret from the viewers.     

9 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Red Herring? That's actually a good explanation. I never really thought of that.

Looking back at the episode 4, I noticed that Jin Gyeom mentioned that her mom was born in 1968. That means he thinks his mom would of gave birth to him in her 20's and then died in her early 40's BUT the second Tae Yi claims that she was born in 1989. That means she would be in her 30's when she gives birth to Jin Gyeom in the future. It's like they are keeping her real age a secret from the viewers.     

You see, we can't really trust any info Tae Yi gave back then. Why? She had to ensure she could not be traced. She was a woman in 30s, registering being that much old would make it easier for her to be tracked. That's why she chose to be a woman in 20s, 24 year old to be exact in 1992. Whatever she did back then, from changing her name to date of birth and laying low living the life of a simple single mother, was all for her not be traced by anyone from future. So I think current Tae Yi's age is right. 

25 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

You see, we can't really trust any info Tae Yi gave back then. Why? She had to ensure she could not be traced. She was a woman in 30s, registering being that much old would make it easier for her to be tracked. That's why she chose to be a woman in 20s, 24 year old to be exact in 1992. Whatever she did back then, from changing her name to date of birth and laying low living the life of a simple single mother, was all for her not be traced by anyone from future. So I think current Tae Yi's age is right. 

If we were to believe that the little girl from 1992 is young Tae Yi (like it's claimed on AsianWiki) then 1989 is not her real birth date. She would be three. 

20 minutes ago, kboramint said:

If we were to believe that the little girl from 1992 is young Tae Yi (like it's claimed on AsianWiki) then 1989 is not her real birth date. She would be three. 

For that I had already said that maybe they had a hard time casting for that role. You see they could be facing in finding a child actress who would act do that scene that efficiently. The girl shown is alteast 5-6 years old, but I'd rather ignore it like I did in all other minute plot holes they had. But would not be surprised if her birth date was also changed. But it is somewhat confirmed that the girl was Tae Yi. In 5th episode's preview we see the painting of first page of the book in her notebook. We know that she has been shown to be a genius so she must have had a nice memory too and drew it there.

Joo Won Finds Kim Hee Sun As A College Student After Waking Up 10 Years In The Past In “Alice”

Sep 11, 2020
by E. Cha

SBS’s “Alice” has unveiled an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

At the end of the previous episode of “Alice,” Park Jin Gyeom (played by Joo Won) mysteriously found himself transported back 10 years into the past. After getting into a car crash on his way to save Yoon Tae Yi (played by Kim Hee Sun), he woke up to find himself in 2010.

On September 11, SBS released new stills of Park Jin Gyeom finding his way back to Yoon Tae Yi—except in 2010, when she is still a student in her twenties. The photos show Park Jin Gyeom interrupting the young Yoon Tae Yi’s class by bursting into her lecture hall at school with a worried expression. Meanwhile, the bewildered student stares up at the unknown intruder with confusion as all of her classmates look on.

The producers of “Alice” teased that viewers could look forward to how their unexpected meeting—and their ensuing conversation—would affect the course of the drama’s story.

“The fifth episode [of ‘Alice’], which airs today, will tell the story of the 2010 Yoon Tae Yi and what happens when Park Jin Gyeom appears before her,” they said. “In terms of the plot, it is an extremely important scene that holds a lot of keys to the rest of their story.”

“We ask that you show a lot of interest and anticipation for what kinds of secrets are hidden in this scene,” they continued, “as well as how Kim Hee Sun and Joo Won will portray such a critical scene through their acting.”

Alice.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1424904wpp/joo-won-finds-kim-hee-sun-as-a-college-student-after-waking-up-10-years-in-the-past-in-alice

I can`t wait to watch tomorrow with subtitles.

I wonder how Jin Gyeom travels in time. We`ll get the answer? How he will go back in 2020 or if he will go to the future as well. Now that he is in the past, he will try to prevent his mother being killed?

The preview....He will meet Min Hyuk and Seok O-Won .

Stills

1Z7TDEH3JE_1.jpg

'Alice' Joo-won, intense charisma that penetrates the screen

01.23766120.1.jpg

Spoiler

01.23766119.1.jpg

On the 11th, Huai Brothers Korea unveiled the behind-the-scenes cut of Joo-won, who is performing as a  detective Park Jin-gyeom in the SBS Friday and Saturday drama'Alice'.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202009111225H

Alice: Episode 3

by LollyPip

Alice03-00184.jpg

Our stalwart cop starts to suspect that there’s something very strange going on when he finds a woman who reminds him of someone very special. Oddly (to him), she acts nothing like the gentle, caring woman he remembers, despite looking exactly like his mother, who’s been dead for ten years. More strange coincidences lead him deeper into the rabbit hole, putting his very life in danger.

EPISODE 3 RECAP

Alice03-00013.jpg

A man makes fate itself before he meets it. – Thomas Wilson

Tae-yi is in the middle of a physics lecture when Jin-gyum walks into her class and stares at her, tears filling his eyes. He’s seeing a woman who looks exactly like his mother who died ten years ago, but to Tae-yi, she’s being assaulted by a random hugging stranger. She slaps him and starts yelling at her class to video this while she calls the police, ha.

Eventually Tae-yi calms down, but she squints suspiciously at his police badge and asks if it’s fake. Jin-gyum says it’s real and asks if she knows him, but all she knows is his name from his badge. She does a literal spit-take in his face when he asks if she’s over fifty or has a son, then kicks him out of her office.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/alice-episode-3/

3 hours ago, larus said:

I can`t wait to watch tomorrow with subtitles.

I wonder how Jin Gyeom travels in time. We`ll get the answer? How he will go back in 2020 or if he will go to the future as well. Now that he is in the past, he will try to prevent his mother being killed?

The preview....He will meet Min Hyuk and Seok O-Won .

Saw the raw episode. Not completely but skimmed through it. Mother does die, while Jin Gyeom chases Seok O Won who had come to home, but by the looks of it had followed the drone. After catching Seok O Won, Seok O Won tells him to rush as him mom is in danger. 

Jin Gyeom returns home with Tae Yi injured, they talk, she sends him back to future using her time card just before that timeline's Jin Gyeom comes. Didn't watch past it. Will do it when the subs come in an hour or couple of hours max.

9 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

After catching Seok O Won, Seok O Won tells him to rush as him mom is in danger. 

As we have already suspected, the present Seok O- Won did not kill Tae Yi. But I think he has the book. He took the book that night.

3 minutes ago, larus said:

As we have already suspected, the present Seok O- Won did not kill Tae Yi. But I think he has the book. He took the book that night.

Well chances are Tae Yi herself gave it to him. By the looks of it, it really looked like he arrived at the house following the drone, just like Prof Tae Yi did at the end of 1st episode. He was literally looking up at the drone. How he took the book, we need to see. Chances are Tae Yi had informed him about the whereabouts of the book as she trusted him. 

Things will be much clearer when the subs come. 

7 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

By the looks of it, it really looked like he arrived at the house following the drone, just like Prof Tae Yi did at the end of 1st episode.

The drone followed him? He is from the future as well or he suspects what is that drone? Or he was intrigued as seing it the first time? Yes, we have to watch with subtitles.

The drone followed him because he is important in the time travel experiments?

5 minutes ago, larus said:

The drone followed him? He is from the future as well or he suspects what is that drone?

The drone didn't follow him, Seok O Won followed the drone and ended up at Jin Gyeom's house. Does not look to be from future given his appearance.

Archived