[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

I find this time travel/dimension stuff really interesting. What's more, the recently finished drama Train is a good explanation of this.

I think I read somewhere that time as a linear concept (traveling in one direction from past to future) is not actually accurate or has not been demonstrated through physics. It's more used to explain the concept of time in a way that we/most people can understand.

So basically, like the (apparently) evil CEO/scientist was explaining in episode 4, even if a time traveler goes "back" in time to warn himself, that does not affect the time traveler because the time traveler is really from a different dimension. Going "back" is really just going to a different dimension. And when someone goes "back" and changes something, the effects are mostly contained within that world/dimension. So in terms of Train, it's like YSY's character going to a different dimension where there's another version of himself already (YSY-B). And even though time traveler YSY may affect YSY-B by telling him something or changing something, that does not affect time traveler YSY since he's from a different world/dimension. At least that's how I understand it.

So as someone else has suggested, even if Jin-Gyeom manages to save his mom while he is in 2010, he won't save the mom he knew. The mom that he has saved in 2010 has a different Jin-Gyeom. 

I'm wondering if the evil CEO/scientist in this drama is trying to get rid of time traveling across all dimensions and that's why he's interested in the butterfly effect. Maybe he's hoping whatever it is that he's doing will have a ripple affect across more than one dimension to wipe out Alice completely. :evilelmo:

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@Sleepy Owl, Seok Oh Won sort of shed some light on this time travel and dimensions business. He gave an example of his present self going back in the past to tell his old self that he would get into an accident in 2020. He said by his past self avoiding the accident in 2020, it then creates a different universe/dimension. So his 2020 self with the limp would exist in one universe and his 2020 self without the limp will exist in another. My question is, the 2020 self that traveled to the past, what became of him? Is he the one with the limp or the one without the limp or does he cease to exist. He calls this the Butterfly Effect. It seems like digging one’s grave if this stuff isn’t handled right.

By the way, it almost seem as though time in Alice is indeed different. The CEO warned the old murdering mom that he can keep her there for 100 years. They also brought up the living 10 years in the past and one year in Alice again.

Okay so firstly I'll start with explaining some theories and then get back to the drama.

First we've got the butterfly effect. Basically butterfly effect was defined as A Butterfly's flapping of wings somewhere can cause a typhoon somewhere else. So I were to explain this in a very simple way, it means our life right now is the consequences of decisions we made, even the minute ones. In Butterfly effect theory, if you had not drink that one glass of water somewhere in the past, your current life could actually be different. So it means the no matter how minute how our choices are, it'll affect our future. 

Now let's talk about Theory of relativity. It basically means time is relative. I think I'll be able to explain this much better with example rather than going into theory (because it is very complex). So if we were to look at this theory with a person traveling in space, and his twin being on earth. If the person going to space travels with a speed much nearer to speed of light or even with speed of light (which currently is not possible) ,he'll age slower than his twin on earth. This is called time dilation. Time dilation is the difference between time elapsed measured by two clocks because those objects had different speed. Means when this astronaut guy returns back, he'll much younger than his twin and also for him very much less years must have passed. You can connect the dot with what happens in Alice, right? 29 years passed for Tae Yi and her son, but only 1 for Min Hyuk. 

Now coming to Minkowski theory explained. So basically it talks about the Monkowski Space where we have the 3D space along with time as the fourth dimension. This actually helps in understanding the time travel because it involves the time dimension. So now let us consider if we want to travel back in time, we'll have to use the wormhole, right? Wormholes basically help us travel in time with a different time and space dimension. To help you understand how it works, I'll explain future travel. If you want to go to 10 years, you either have to wait 10 years, which means you'll follow the space and time dimension which will take 10 years for you to reach 10 years. But if you were to take another space and time dimension, you take longer of lesser time to travel. Same is the case with traveling back in time. The wormholes are nothing but those space dimensions, which help you to go back in time with a different time dimension. Which means you'll be traveling at a different speed than others are in real world, if you nearer to speed of light, you'll move faster back in space. Like traveling 20 years in like 1 year of lesser based on your speed. 

I hope I was able to explain those 3 theories to everyone reading it. 

Now let us see what Seok O Won was saying. He says if he travels back in time and asks his younger self to be careful and not go in accident. And if that happens what will happen? He said he'll be split in two. Meaning one with not limping and on limping. Of course the one traveled back in time will be limping. As I have said before too, in this drama whatever you do in the past, will create an alternate timeline and different future for your past self, but will not at all affect your past or your surrounding. Why? Because we are not following a linear time travel.

He said it would create a different universe or what we call multi-verse. I'd rather call it a different time dimension or alternate timeline, because including the word universe will change many things. If we talk about parallel universes, we can basically think what they showed in TKEM. It didn't even give a scientific explanation for it. But for this time travel we can have scientific explanations and theories as long as we consider them alternate timelines. You can consider it multiverse or parallel universe too, but that might make you more confused. 

That's why I said, even if Jin Gyeom does manage to save his mom in 1992, it'll create an alternate timeline for her and Jin Gyeom of 1992 and not present Jin Gyeom. Meaning even if he'll come back in present, his mother will be dead in his timeline, because that had happened in his past. Now as I said before too, it'll be interesting if he manages to save his mom and we get to see him protecting her in both timelines. Protecting his mom in 1992 and protecting Tae Yi in 2020 while collaborating with them both.

Also because of alternate timelines being getting created, we never get to see the paradox effect. As we saw that woman killing her past self and still being alive. Because that caused a different timeline to be created in which that woman would not exist and as the director of Alice said, now her daughter would have to live without her mother.

As for the action scenes they are really good and nicely done. But as @nrllee said, Jin Gyeom had suffered fractured/broken ribs so those sort of fighting would really be not possible for him to do. Even if he did, they could actually show in pain and ending up in hospital for it. Also him losing the criminal just because the girl came out is a bit out of his character. The condition he has makes him not empathize with others and those type of people usually prioritize targets over others. Either his condition is getting better and he did because he had become close with the young girl, or it is a bit careless writing. 

Also does anyone else think that Jin Gyeom has the ability time travel without the need of wormholes or time cards? I mean we see him trying to use his mom's time card and it not working. But soon after the accident he readily goes back in time without doing anything. I think Seok O Won did it to check is it possible or not. I mean he did not stop when everything stopped too when someone seemingly pressed the time card. Seok O Won has been very shady up until now and clearly knows what is going on. As for Min Hyuk, I think we can expect him going rogue when he'll come to know the truth about Tae Yi being actually dead and her son being alive. 

Thanks for taking the time to explain all that @Sleepy Owl.  I did think the same too about JG (that going through the wormhole as a fetus didn’t just affect the part of his brain that processes emotions?).  How is he able to move and everyone freezes?  And now he’s traveled back in time to 2010.  He looks at his wallet and it looks crushed somewhat so presumably the accident caused him to press the time card.  But did he travel back without it?  What I wonder is what determines WHEN he travels back to?  There’s nowhere for you to punch in the date/time?  Both times he gets hit by the truck of doom?  And time freezes or he travels back in time.

Dir Seok doesn’t believe man should tamper with life or time (that belongs to god).  So if that is really his point of view, I can see how he would want to thwart Alice. 

I am seeing some production errors.

Graduation day banner (unless it’s referring to a future event that’s nothing to do with graduation) says 2011

500858-CC-9880-4-EDC-8-E30-2-E45-D2-AD67Then Det dad then comes and takes JG out for a meal to celebrate?  And they date it 2010?

4-E50360-C-3581-4190-AC18-29-FADE65-AD29

Come on. If you’re doing a time travel multiverse drama, all these dates matter.  You can’t be sloppy about the very thing you’re trying to talk about.  Is it 2010 or 2011? 

33 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain all that @Sleepy Owl.  I did think the same too about JG (that going through the wormhole as a fetus didn’t just affect the part of his brain that processes emotions?).  How is he able to move and everyone freezes?  And now he’s traveled back in time to 2010.  He looks at his wallet and it looks crushed somewhat so presumably the accident caused him to press the time card.  But did he travel back without it?  What I wonder is what determines WHEN he travels back to?  There’s nowhere for you to punch in the date/time?  Both times he gets hit by the truck of doom?  And time freezes or he travels back in time.

Graduation day banner (unless it’s referring to a future event that’s nothing to do with graduation) says 2011

Then Det dad then comes and takes JG out for a meal to celebrate?  And they date it 2010?

Come on. If you’re doing a time travel multiverse drama, all these dates matter.  You can’t be sloppy about the very thing you’re trying to talk about.  Is it 2010 or 2011? 

As for those dates, they are wrong. They are graduating as the class of 2011, you see under the banner date to be 2nd Feb 2011. Which means they were students of the session 2010-11. So thus they are called class of 2011 and that is the reason you see it in the banner. As for it being year 2010, I don't know much about how how they messed it up. Seems like a small mistake, but as you said it is not forgivable if your drama is based on time travels. Although well, this scene didn't have much influence on the story, but yes hopefully they'll not make the same mistake. 

As for his time traveling, I am still unsure about it. He did press his mother's card and nothing happened and suddenly after the accident he ends up time traveling. So we'll have to see how it works for him, but I really believe that he does not require it. Remember, even if you have a time card, you can use it while in the worm hole (as shown while delivering that kid's mom back to future). But as for truck of doom, I don't really think he needs to be hit by it to time travel. We'll have answers for this in next episodes hopefully.

16 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I understand your explanation better. I also think it’s not only time travel but dimensions as well. However, I still have a problem thinking the dimension/timeline was just created by the future woman murdering the past self. I think it makes more sense if the future woman is from a different dimension/timeline all along. Then it would make more sense to me that her existence was not dependent on her past self in this dimension/timeline. However, it’s also clear that the time travel seem to be within the same dimension so I don’t think they are doing a good job of explaining this issue unless they will clarify the contradictions in a future episode. I’m sure the show writers should understand that viewers will question how can the character kill her past self and still be alive. I hope a good explanation is forthcoming. 

I advice you to watch Pro. Seok O won explanation in the drama about time travel, he gave an example of guy who lost his legs due to a car accident and if the same guy goes to the  past and warns his past self about the accident and successfully averts the accident it doesn't mean that the future guy will get his legs back but he will be creating a parallel universe he did not loose his legs, so even if Jin-Gyeom was able to successfully save his mom in the past it doesn't mean that his mom will come alive in the universe where she died, but it will create an alternate universe where she did not die. I hope I was able to clear your doubt

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Also does anyone else think that Jin Gyeom has the ability time travel without the need of wormholes or time cards? I

He was able to use that clients card who murdered his brother, like when pressed the time card furniture around him started floating in air and he pressed the time card again to stop it. I think he traveled back into time due some kind of time paradox or due to accidentally pressing of his mom's time card, we have to wait for further explanation

I was surprised that Jin Gyeom traveled back in 2010. It must be that when he had the accident the button of the card inside the wallet was pushed. But why he arrived in 2010, just before his mom was killed? It`s destiny? He time traveled in 2010 before his mind was set up with this date because of the past event? He arrived there because the card was posible used the last time in 2010? I assume alice members chose a date to time travel but how Jin Gyeom did it?

Seok O-Won is an interesting character. He has the book in 2020 and I assume he got the book before Yae yi was killed. Yes, it is easy to think that he must have something with her death but I don`t think he killed her. Unless he is a time traveler as well and he knew about the book, just like Jang Dong-Sik, Tae yi`s father.

But the grey haired man could be Seok O Won`s from 2050.

I just wonder if Seok O Won from 2050 is behind the other time travalers.

I understand why Alice wants to keep Min Hyuk in the dark but I wish he will discover the truth about Tae Yi`s death and about his son.

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Either his condition is getting better and he did because he had become close with the young girl, or it is a bit careless writing. 

May be he found similarity between him and Eunsoo.. both being motherless due to murder. He must've felt sympathetic towards her.

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But as for truck of doom, I don't really think he needs to be hit by it to time travel. We'll have answers for this in next episodes hopefully.

I also don't think he needs to get into accident for time travel.. may be it's the time card activated due to certain situations.So far we've seen 2 times Jin Gyeom being protected from accident by stopped time/time travel. I think future episodes may give us more explanation regarding this situations.

11 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

We hit double digit today

Alice: Episode 4: 8.7|10.6

Congratulations to the team

So happy for Alice team.. that's such a good start by the drama. :glasses:

1 hour ago, larus said:

I was surprised that Jin Gyeom traveled back in 2010. It must be that when he had the accident the button of the card inside the wallet was pushed. But why he arrived in 2010, just before his mom was killed? It`s destiny? He time traveled in 2010 before his mind was set up with this date because of the past event? He arrived there because the card was posible used the last time in 2010? I assume alice members chose a date to time travel but how Jin Gyeom did it?

Seok O-Won is an interesting character. He has the book in 2020 and I assume he got the book before Yae yi was killed. Yes, it is easy to think that he must have something with her death but I don`t think he killed her. Unless he is a time traveler as well and he knew about the book, just like Jang Dong-Sik, Tae yi`s father.

But the grey haired man could be Seok O Won`s from 2050.

I just wonder if Seok O Won from 2050 is behind the other time travalers.

I understand why Alice wants to keep Min Hyuk in the dark but I wish he will discover the truth about Tae Yi`s death and about his son.

I don't think card was ever used by Tae Yi again after staying in 1992. It could actually leak her location so she must have thought not to use it. We can say he traveled to 2010 because of destiny, but it would really not be convincing. But what is important is that he really does not need wormhole to time travel. I mean he got hit by the truck in his car... Poof..... woke up in 2010. Hopefully they'll explain it to us. You could say that during the accident, the card could have been pressed by mistake. 

But I just realized an interesting thing. When the first accident happened and time stopped suddenly before it, he didn't have the card with himself at that time. He goes and fetches his mom's time card, when he finds that time traveler (who killed his step brother), having it. We see him going through his mom's stuff and finding that card. So it actually is interesting, whether it is not in his destiny to be killed in this timeline because he belongs to 2050? Sounds stupid, so I really hope they'll not go that way and give some proper reasons for it. Last time, the time stopped and this time he went to 2010. 

As for Seok O Won, I completely agree with you. Tae Yi seems to have trust in him and really could have handed him the book. We saw Tae Yi calling someone/speaking to someone on mobile in 5th episode's preview. About the gray haired guy 2050 Seok O Won too it is a possibility. But one thing is sure that Seok O Won has something to do with time-travelers. We see him being linked with the death of that time-traveling broker. He might be against time-traveling, but dealing with it differently. We have seen many hypocrites. By this I mean, he is against it, but must be involved with it. Maybe he's also got problems with how the Alice operates. I mean him saying Life and Time both belong in the deities domain, maybe he means that who ever has got control over it, can control everything and so it must not be used for useless things like Alice are doing. Or maybe Tae Yi really gave him that book because of those ideals of his. 

Min Hyuk will soon come to know about Tae Yi's murder and also Jin Gyeom being his son. We see him confronting him in next episode, so we can expect Min Hyuk knowing the truth soon. How he'll deal with it is what I want to see. Will he suddenly go rogue, and join Jin Gyeom, or he'll leave Alice and operate on his own. Anything, but I don't see him being part of Alice after knowing the truth and also knowing Alice having some involvement in it. But that Alice agent, Oh Shi Young does seem to have some crush on him, seeing her looking at him through CCTV and suddenly changing the screen when the director arrives.

40 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I also don't think he needs to get into accident for time travel.. may be it's the time card activated due to certain situations.So far we've seen 2 times Jin Gyeom being protected from accident by stopped time/time travel. I think future episodes may give us more explanation regarding this situations.

He didn't have the card with himself when the first accident happened. But I think that time was stopped to protect him or something similar. We see his tear dropping starting the time again. Hopefully we'll see how time operates around him.

I've seen a lot of time travel movies/TV series. The theory is that if one's future self killed his/her past self, that person would also be erased from the existence. And, it would be like the future version would also die, if the past died. 

I'm surprised in this show, that Eun Soo's Mom(from future) killed her own self (past), and she is still alive, only has some side effects, maybe Alice have special techniques.

35 minutes ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

I've seen a lot of time travel movies/TV series. The theory is that if one's future self killed his/her past self, that person would also be erased from the existence. And, it would be like the future version would also die, if the past died. 

I'm surprised in this show, that Eun Soo's Mom(from future) killed her own self (past), and she is still alive, only has some side effects, maybe Alice have special techniques.

Like you said in your comment, that is just a theory and Alice works under different theory, like if a person from the future goes to past and does something different then it creates a parallel universe(which means a choosing an alternate option) in episode 4 prof- Seok O won gives an nice example of guy who lost his legs, if that same guy travels to the past and save his past self from not loosing his legs in a accident it doesn't mean he'll get his legs back but ends up creating an alternate or parallel universe where he did not loose his legs

4 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

said, Jin Gyeom had suffered fractured/broken ribs so those sort of fighting would really be not possible for him to do. Even if he did, they could actually show in pain and ending up in hospital for it. Also him losing the criminal just because the girl came out is a bit out of his character. The condition he has makes him not empathize with others and those type of people usually prioritize targets over others. Either his condition is getting better and he did because he had become close with the young girl, or it is a bit careless writing. 

To be fair he was going through a lot, like his dad like person is in the hospital, his supposedly mom is not able to recognize him and I think he made a rational choice there by going to the girl and making sue she is safe from that shady guy, cause that's what police have thought in the academy, preservation of life is priority for them. And the empathize thing, he did tried to pat the little girl when she asked when the mom is going to come out from the morgue, it was heartbreaking scene but still he was not able to empathize. I know there are lot of plot holes and we can do plenty of nit-picking, but I am saving it to do after completing the drama

15 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Another thing is he went into the hotel room and didn’t check the bathroom or any other hidden place to see if any criminal was also in the room.

He saw a little girl with some serious rash disease and in pain, so his instinct was to check on her first, I will say it again police are not only trained to catch criminals but also to preserve life, and it is always their top priority to help anyone who is injured or at risk of losing his/her life, preservation of life comes before anyone at least that's what ideally police are trained in academy

15 hours ago, celebrianna said:

That’s exactly the way the crazy mom stabbed his foster father. It’s like what the heck did they learn in police academy? They have no real sense of danger as cops.

She has no prior, it is not like that she is some kind of harden criminal who as record so that the detective will be on guard around her, on top of that she belongs top 5% family, so it is obvious that they assume she will not stab him that' why he was rather surprised when the mom stabbed him

33 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Like you said in your comment, that is just a theory and Alice works under different theory, like if a person from the future goes to past and does something different then it creates a parallel universe(which means a choosing an alternate option) in episode 4 prof- Seok O won gives an nice example of guy who lost his legs, if that same guy travels to the past and save his past self from not loosing his legs in a accident it doesn't mean he'll get his legs back but ends up creating an alternate or parallel universe where he did not loose his legs

To be fair he was going through a lot, like his dad like person is in the hospital, his supposedly mom is not able to recognize him and I think he made a rational choice there by going to the girl and making sue she is safe from that shady guy, cause that's what police have thought in the academy, preservation of life is priority for them. And the empathize thing, he did tried to pat the little girl when she asked when the mom is going to come out from the morgue, it was heartbreaking scene but still he was not able to empathize. I know there are lot of plot holes and we can do plenty of nit-picking, but I am saving it to do after completing the drama

He saw a little girl with some serious rash disease and in pain, so his instinct was to check on her first, I will say it again police are not only trained to catch criminals but also to preserve life, and it is always their top priority to help anyone who is injured or at risk of losing his/her life, preservation of life comes before anyone at least that's what ideally police are trained in academy

She has no prior, it is not like that she is some kind of harden criminal who as record so that the detective will be on guard around her, on top of that she belongs top 5% family, so it is obvious that they assume she will not stab him that' why he was rather surprised when the mom stabbed him

Well as you said there many small plot-holes going on, but I really hope they'll keep the plot holes and WTH moments limited to small ones. Right now I am actually enjoying the plot and how they are including the scientific theories in the story. Hopefully for the big stuffs going on we'll have some proper scientific explanations and not just Poof** happened moments, just like they did in TKEM. 

15 hours ago, nrllee said:

I must admit I had to gloss over those obvious mistakes.  The action scenes were also...err...overdone.  JG has a fractured rib from the truck of doom...and he’s walking around like nothing’s happened.  And his palm was slashed during that lift incident with DongSaeng?  Again...no problem.  He has Alexithymia, not Congenital Insensitivity to pain?   In Ep3 he swings from the ceiling of the library holding onto bunting?  There’s no way that would hold a grown man’s weight.

It's too much to ask logic when it comes to action scenes, traditional they have been known for to adhering with physic laws and logic. But, I did see Park Jin-Gyeom in some pain  in that library fight, and also we need to see things from Park Jin-Gyeom perspective, he is a kind of guy who'll go up to any extent to complete his so called objectives, it was well established when he took down a gang in high school to collect evidence and walked to other side of the building by walking on some kind of plank like thing, with these examples we can say that he is not only apathetic but also reckless and he also vowed to himself to catch the people who are behind his mother's murder so I guess he will not let a broken rib come in between that quest.

9 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

just like they did in TKEM

No offense to the fans, but this show sort of ruined parallel world for me, in first episode I thought it would be a high rating drama, but as plot progressed it really didn't made any sense, so I just dropped it

11 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

plot holes and WTH moments limited to small ones

It's not like that it is classic drama which relies where it completely relies on plot, after Game Of Thrones fiasco I am sort of open to any degree of plot holes, as long as they don't defy logic, though I am okay if  they defy laws of physics , because time travel maybe possible in theory but not in reality so it is still a fantasy for us humans

On 9/5/2020 at 8:57 AM, celebrianna said:

This is my question as well. How is she still alive after killing her past self. I read @Sleepy Owl’s explanation about decisions creating an alternate future but it’s still confusing because I’m looking at the past self as the source/foundation. I can understand the past self creating two futures, if alive, but death of the past self, in my opinion, should shut down all futures.

I didn’t watch Avengers Endgame so I don’t know what’s the deal there. 

Here is what is explained by Prof. Hulk in Avengers: Endgame.... 

"If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future and your former present becomes the past which can't now change by your new future."   

Some thoughts after the most recent episode - too many pics so it’s in a doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JZf24eyA1WwS41itHcgdoVNJ5XOdejViSAghJX5_X2g/

EDIT - btw the typewriter?  It’s old.  It looks like this one?  It would explain why her dad had a pistol as his weapon of choice?  Not sure.  He already had the complete book of Prophecy (when TY was but a child?)

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2014/10/148_165976.html

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

Some thoughts after the most recent episode - too many pics so it’s in a doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JZf24eyA1WwS41itHcgdoVNJ5XOdejViSAghJX5_X2g/

EDIT - btw the typewriter?  It’s old.  It looks like this one?  It would explain why her dad had a pistol as his weapon of choice?  Not sure.  He already had the complete book of Prophecy (when TY was but a child?)

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2014/10/148_165976.html

Those are some extremely nice observations. This drama has made me go back to my physics book and refer to them for the theories they use and also read more about them. Interesting that they are for now following it the scientific way, hopefully they'll continue to do so. 

As for typewriter and gun. Either the Scientist himself was a time traveler from past or he just really loved vintage items. The voice overs in at the start while writing the book are cryptic and so is the book. But what I really like is that whatever is happening can be found to have been part of the prophecy book talks about. Like you mentioned about the woman killing her past self, and yes the book was referring to that event I guess. 

Looking forward to how the story will go on. For now, I am happy with the pace and the story itself, even though it had some minute WTH moments and very minute plot holes/mistakes (which for now can be ignored). But I hope there won't be some in actual story line and affect the plot. 

Maybe the moment of fate they are talking about in book means the moment he meets with his mom in 2010? I mean there it is written "the moment she reunited with her child, her child will gain control over time". So this and the one before this might mean Jin Gyeom needs to meet his mom in 2010 so the prophecy continues. Meeting 2020 Tae Yi could also be related to that one, but she is not his mom yet. Reuniting in my opinion will happen when he'll meet her and save her in 2010. Although I could be wrong and it would be when he met Prof. Tae Yi. I am still 60-40 in this regard.

14 hours ago, kboramint said:

Here is what is explained by Prof. Hulk in Avengers: Endgame.... 

The video was very funny. I was like Don Cheadle`s character watching old movies and never heard of multiverse theory.

Star Trek, Terminator, Time Cop, Time After Time, Quantum Leap, Somewhere in Time, Wrinkle in Time, Bill & Ted Excellent Aventures and so on. They told us a different story about time travel.  :lol:  I put on the list the recent rewatch of mine The Lake House with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bulock . Never watched Avengers or other movies with this theory about time travel.

It is an interesting concept.

WARNING! SPOILERS IN VIDEO LINK.

Hello, not sure if this has been posted before, but just wanted to share a YouTube link where you may be able to catch some glimpse of scenes that have yet to be aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxI63EjhMeE

Enjoy.

[Substar] "It's not CG?"... Joo-won, the hottest scene in the drama'Alice'

Editor Jina Yoon

Input 2020.09.07 18:15
Revision 2020.09.07 18:15[Substar] "It's not CG?"...  Joo-won, the hottest scene in the drama'Alice'

Actor Joo-won, who is appearing in the SBS Friday and Saturday drama'Alice', certified'Boldness' in an unexpected scene.

In episode 1 of'Alice', which aired for the first time on the 28th of last month, Joo-won showed walking on the railing between high-rise buildings to catch the criminal. The railing Juwon walked was very high for the actor to actually walk, so most viewers responded that "CG processing is very natural."

sbsnewslogo201468912_700.jpg

However, on the 4th, Joowon's management company Huai Brothers released the behind-the-scenes photo, revealing the reversal of the scene. In the photo, Joo-won was actually walking on the railing of a high-rise building while wearing a safety device. The agency side released the behind-the-scenes photo and added, "The scene I was walking around on the long-awaited rooftop, I wonder if the actor Joo Won shakes? My heart beats violently." I added a surprise to show.

sbsnewslogo201468913_700.jpg

The netizens who saw this were surprised by reactions such as "It's scary just to see", "How do you laugh there? It's amazing", "I thought it was CG of course...

'Alice' is a drama about the story of a man and a woman who had an eternal breakup due to death and met again beyond the limits of time and dimension. In the play, Joo-won plays the role of'Park Jin-gyeom', a police officer who suffers from congenital anesthesia.

(Photo = SBS drama'Alice' broadcast screen capture, White Brothers)

(SBS Substar)

50 minutes ago, popdedi said:

WARNING! SPOILERS IN VIDEO LINK.

Hello, not sure if this has been posted before, but just wanted to share a YouTube link where you may be able to catch some glimpse of scenes that have yet to be aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxI63EjhMeE

Enjoy.

That was posted by sbs drama,  that is also the 10mins highlight of drama Alice which was released when they held a presscon Aug 25 

7 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Those are some extremely nice observations. This drama has made me go back to my physics book and refer to them for the theories they use and also read more about them. Interesting that they are for now following it the scientific way, hopefully they'll continue to do so. 

As for typewriter and gun. Either the Scientist himself was a time traveler from past or he just really loved vintage items. The voice overs in at the start while writing the book are cryptic and so is the book. But what I really like is that whatever is happening can be found to have been part of the prophecy book talks about. Like you mentioned about the woman killing her past self, and yes the book was referring to that event I guess. 

Looking forward to how the story will go on. For now, I am happy with the pace and the story itself, even though it had some minute WTH moments and very minute plot holes/mistakes (which for now can be ignored). But I hope there won't be some in actual story line and affect the plot. 

Maybe the moment of fate they are talking about in book means the moment he meets with his mom in 2010? I mean there it is written "the moment she reunited with her child, her child will gain control over time". So this and the one before this might mean Jin Gyeom needs to meet his mom in 2010 so the prophecy continues. Meeting 2020 Tae Yi could also be related to that one, but she is not his mom yet. Reuniting in my opinion will happen when he'll meet her and save her in 2010. Although I could be wrong and it would be when he met Prof. Tae Yi. I am still 60-40 in this regard.

I would also like to point out that Jingyeomi has a typewriter in his room, either left behind by his mum, or I believe he will use it to write stuff as well? Could it be him and Taeyi will work together and write the book of prophecy? I mean, at the beginning of every ep, Taeyi says one line from the book, and then Jingyeomi does the next ep...

Then again, it could just be them reading it as a voiceover and im thinking too much.

Archived