[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

I am also inclined to, for now, to think that the little girl must be Tae Yi, following in her father's footsteps. Though why does she look like Jin Gyeom's mom?

Also something else that is bugging me, when Sun Young and Min Hyuk ( Jin Gyeom's parents) travelled to 1992 and Sung Young decide to stay back. Did you she not mess up her timeline?  If we assume that Sung Young was around 30 in 2050, she would have to have been born in 2020.  Is this why she told Jin Gyeom that he should pretend not to know her in the future? Or is this why she was killed?

Looking forward to what's in store!! 

Tae Yi and Sun Young are the same person. Tae Yi went back in time to 1992 and decided to stay and change her ID so she can give birth to Jin Gyeom. I also speculate that the little girl that we saw in episode 1 is Tae Yi. Remember we never found out what her name was. Sometime between 2020 and 2050, Tae Yi joins Alice. The Tae Yi we see in 2020 hasn't joined Alice yet. She has yet met Jin Gyeom's father.     

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished watching the 2nd episode. I read a lot of theories, agree with some, for some i am doubtful, since there were many i'll not be able to quote anyone. 

So I have been seeing many people here commenting about the flow of time. The Alice chief/team leader or whatever he was said to Min Hyuk that she left 29 years ago, but for him it was just 1 year. I don't believe that the time in 2050 is slower or anything like that. Time is relative. What I think is that Min Hyuk time traveled or has been time travelling so for him only 1 year has passed. It means it took 1 year for Min Hyuk to time travel to 2020. There is of course a "making young" device which I think they give it to their clients so they can meet their loved ones or anyone while looking how they looked back then. 

Also that team leader/chief looks to be shady guy to me. He definitely knows about Jin Gyeom. He is keeping Min Hyuk in dark and I think even Min Hyuk does not care much right now. I wonder if he is involved in Tae Yi's murder back then. Her murder is definitely related to Alice Organization as Jin Gyeom sees that drone in front of him home. Even Tae Yi sees that and gets chased by it. The murder weapon was same as the hand gun which injured Jin Gyeom partner detective. Those weapons are used by the Alice agents, so I am sure that the leader has had her murdered while Min Hyuk was busy with other missions. 

As for Yoon Tae Yi being born in 2030 or so, I don't think that actually happens. I think Yoon Tae Yi was born in a timeline matching the current one like in 80s or so. I am saying so because when Jin Gyeom does show her the time cards (or whatever it is called) in the preview, we see her examining them and also seemed to not know much when Jin Gyeom constantly asks her about being a time traveler. Plus she's got a family here. Even if she was a time traveler faking a family of 4 would be headache. 

What I think is that Yoon Tae Yi somewhat comes in contact with the Alice agents and goes to the future with them. Remember she is Physics Prof and they must have approached her to help them find the book. Then in 2050 they go back to 1992 where all those events happen and Tae Yi stays for Jin Gyeom. Those who said Jin Gyeom should have been born in 2050 are right I guess. The main reason Tae Yi told him to ignore her if he saw her in the future must have been because she does not want him to mess up with time line which would cause the paradox and also affect his own existence. So them meeting now will actually affect both past and future. 

Someone said that Tae Yi and Do Yeon are able to bring out the emotions from Jin Gyeom. Yes you are right. I think even that detective and wife come in that category. Since losing his mom, Jin Gyeom must have felt what it feels lose a loved one. Also he must have realized that he should have cared for her more. That's why I guess we see him filling his fridge with beer and soju for Do Yeon. So I think Do Yeon and the detective with his wife are the ones who if hurt would make us see Jin Gyeom in the rage mode as he did and shot that time-traveler twice. By the way who else thinks that our Baldy team leader detective is gonna die? 

I am also doubtful about the theory that Tae Yi is actually the scientist's (who was killed in the start) daughter. Firstly the girl looked old enough to remember things. Humans tend to bury the trauma. But they feel it or experience it when they are back in the same environment. Tae Yi going to that mansion, must have at least brought some memories or made it look like she was there before. But it didn't. She would also remember her face in the childhood but didn't. So I think the little girl is not her. 

I am also more curious to know what was in the book. I mean it didn't look like Tae Yi was supposed to read that book. She read the book and had some second thoughts too. There must be a reason why she ran away with the book. She could have just stayed and let Min Hyuk leave with the book if she only stayed for Jin Gyeom. I think she realized something about the Alice Organization which made her run away with the book. I don't think Alice got their hands on the book, as Tae Yi hid it somewhere else. Maybe it will be Jin Gyeom who'll be finding the book or someone else from same timeline. 

So far the drama has been good. Has made us raise questions and the pace is good. I just hope they don't mess it up like TKEM. Also I am excited to see what kind of role Choi Won Young is doing. Whenever he is present, you cannot help to think that he is either gonna be a crazy villain or an extremely good guy. There is nothing in between for his characters (at least the ones I have seen). 

@Sleepy Owl, nice post. I’m one of those who think it would be strange if the little girl is Tae Yi because the 2050 Tae Yi didn’t recognize her face. I would think she would have at least known that the girl is her past self. You also gave some good explanations for the fact that she didn’t experience awakened memories of the mansion and environs. 

I’m not sure if Jin Gyeom’s foster father will die but I think it could be a real possibility along with a few others. I guess with the foster father he knows much more than the other detectives since he was investigating Tae Yi’s murder. I don’t know if he told Jin Gyeom that his mother was killed with the same type of small bullet but hopefully Jin Gyeom read her file so he can continue to piece the puzzle together. 

About the leader of Alice, yeah, he doesn’t strike me as entirely trustworthy although he did sound like he had principles. There are hints though that some in Alice seem crooked. There’s something about one of the ladies that doesn’t seem right. The same one who didn’t want to ban the murdering step brother for fear that it will negatively impact Alice’s reputation. The same lady also had a suspicious expression in another scene though I can’t remember precisely which scene. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a faction in that organization with a different agenda.

10 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I don’t know if he told Jin Gyeom that his mother was killed with the same type of small bullet but hopefully Jin Gyeom read her file so he can continue to piece the puzzle together. 

Yes he did, when they were having drinks, he told him in private that the weapon used on his partner was the same one used on his mom, so, I guess he will make his pursuit to nail the Alice agents in more aggressive way

8 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

So far the drama has been good. Has made us raise questions and the pace is good. I just hope they don't mess it up like TKEM

That's was on my mind until I the premiere of the first episode and I was relieved the way things were folded in logical and rational way, like, no Voodoo stuff behind any scene :smile:

8 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Also I am excited to see what kind of role Choi Won Young is doing.

I think read his character description some where, it said that he is the guy who was against time traveling and sort of a god fearing guy. So, his character will have grey area

20 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

About the leader of Alice, yeah, he doesn’t strike me as entirely trustworthy although he did sound like he had principles.

Well, it is too early to call him as a villain, since he did followed the protocol and expelled the customer who killed his brother and he was also angry regarding the shooting of the detective, which sort of shows that he is not villain, yet. But, I have my doubts on Oh Shi-Young (Hwang Seung-Un), her character strike me as a some one who would do anything for the reputation of Alice, whether it is moral or not

50 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

About the leader of Alice, yeah, he doesn’t strike me as entirely trustworthy although he did sound like he had principles. There are hints though that some in Alice seem crooked. There’s something about one of the ladies that doesn’t seem right. The same one who didn’t want to ban the murdering step brother for fear that it will negatively impact Alice’s reputation. The same lady also had a suspicious expression in another scene though I can’t remember precisely which scene. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a faction in that organization with a different agenda.

The leader does seem to know something. Whenever they show organizations like that, there are always a group of people who are sort of hard liners. As @kireeti2 said, she looks like a person who'd do anything for Alice and its reputation. She might have actually had some role in Tae Yi's death. But I do remember seeing a "blonde guy" in front of Jin Gyeom's house door when he was Tae Yi dying. 

Plus in the scene where Tae Yi was going to buy more soju, she covers neck with a scarf. At that time Jin Gyeom looks at the back of her neck and realizes a mark similar to Omega "Ω" sign. So maybe by looking at the back of Alice members he might find a similar symbol or other symbols. Omega is also used for a person who has opted out of a mission/profession/organization. So maybe since Tae Yi opted out, her symbol changed to that one. I doubt it'll be like that, but that symbol is gonna play a role out there.

Did anyone else also realize that Jin Gyeom does not drink because he could not drink with his mom? Tae Yi had gone to buy drinks since he had promised to have a glass with her. I think the guilt to initially rejecting drinking with her, and also not accompanying her when asked him like that does still hurt him and so he does not drink. Maybe we'll get to see him drinking with 2020 Tae Yi. 

56 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

That's was on my mind until I the premiere of the first episode and I was relieved the way things were folded in logical and rational way, like, no Voodoo stuff behind any scene

Yeah for now it has been nice and logical. I think putting some logic in time-travels is much easier because there is a primary rule/theory which almost everyone uses and I had mentioned it before too. But if you could not read it, I'll repeat it. The past, present and future all happen at the same time but in different time dimension. I think here also they might be using this one, along with some other ones. What I am trying to say is, we have many scientific theories for time travel which even sound logical. But when it comes to parallel worlds stuff, you really need a good writing to convince people that something is happening and not because of like you said Voodoo stuff. Hopefully the drama will not drift away and continue its flow. The ratings also seem to be good for the first 2 ones, let's hope it'll be a success. :D

@Sleepy Owl, I hope they don’t go the parallel world route. It’s never convincing to me most of the times but some other element of the story keeps me engaged in the show like maybe the mystery. Strangely, I was okay with parallel worlds in American shows like The Flash and Fringe. I much prefer linear time travel shows like Kdrama Nine: Nine Time Travels where going back to the past and tampering with it immediately changed the future sometimes to the detriment of time traveler. Time travel repercussions made more sense to me that way. 

Dimensions to me are more believable in full scale fantasy sci-fi drama particularly those based in space like Farscape, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Andromeda, etc. I hope if this show goes there it’s logical enough to understand. 

@kireeti2, thanks for the information Choi Young Won’s character. I think it would be too obvious if he’s the one who’s involved in Tae Yi’s death. In any case, I would have to wonder at his using time travel when he’s against it. Still, I can understand people being against it as it seems like a dangerous thing to me in terms of it being used for evil. We have already seen at least three murders by time travelers: The scientist, Tae Yi and the stepbrother in episode 2. 

2 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@Sleepy Owl, I hope they don’t go the parallel world route. It’s never convincing to me most of the times but some other element of the story keeps me engaged in the show like maybe the mystery. Strangely, I was okay with parallel worlds in American shows like The Flash and Fringe. I much prefer linear time travel shows like Kdrama Nine: Nine Time Travels where going back to the past and tampering with it immediately changed the future sometimes to the detriment of time traveler. Time travel repercussions made more sense to me that way. 

Dimensions to me are more believable in full scale fantasy sci-fi drama particularly those based in space like Farscape, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Andromeda, etc. I hope if this show goes there it’s logical enough to understand. 

I don't really they will be going the parallel world way. Parallel world coupled with time travel would be too much for the show runners and writers to handle. It would definitely leave tons of plot holes. So I think they'll firmly stick to the time travel element, hopefully.

Loved first two episodes..:heart: was so excited for this drama and it took More than 1 year after Joo Won's enlistment. But as a JW fan I could tell he himself is very invested in this drama as it took very long to make sure whether he confirmed this drama or not, not mention JW previously said he received around 70 scripts (In press conference Director said he got 50 which is either way a loottt!!!) for which he's very thankful. :blush:

EeR6p7VUcAA-xD7.jpg

First time watching Kim Hee Sun in a drama but I know very well she is a veteran and well loved actress. Glad that cast of Alice is very solid.

Many specially those are looking for romance tag seems to be skeptical about how Kim Hee Sun and Joo Won can play mother-son. Well, I would like to tell them to watch this scene. Charterers gets sorted out very easily when talented actors startsunleashing their talent.

They were outstanding in this scene. The way they showed Jin Gyeoms change with Park Sun Young's motherly love and support is amazing. When he was put into Jail he probably got touched a bit because his mother said she would believe him because she is his mother despite all the evidence against him. Park Jin Gyeom needed support and sincerity to open up little by little. And Sun Young omma did exactly did that with her love and persistence. It's just so very sad she couldn't enjoy her time with this grown up son a bit more. She must've been lonely and sad trying to raise a difficult child alone in a different world. Seeing her son's compassionate side must have been a joy to her. I loved how they portrayed Mother-Son Relationship so well.. Well done to both. Same age time travel meeting has been previously done by OCN Drama Tunnel. I find that father daughter relationship (played by Lee Yoo Young & Choi Jin Hyuk) very cute. Looking forward to a nice relationship in this drama as well.

To me Professor Yoon Tae Yi does feel like Jin Gyeom's Mom before she went time travel. Also it's still a may be but she can be the little girl with Time Traveling Prophecy as well. because:-

1. Her age similar as the little girl living from 1992 to 2020.

2. The little girl may be traumatized and later adopted by Yoon Family. She doesn't remember her past(but she should at least know how she used to look like at the age of 4/5.. yeah I know.)

May be my theory will be questioned in next episodes because the cast said there's many twist and turn but this is what I feel like believing this at this point.

Spoiler

Eglb6xrVkAAx0nQ?format=jpg&name=small

My only big confusion for now is this Tae Yi in Black. How did she went back to future? Which future timeline is she at because Yoo Min Hyuk doesn't seem to know her existence. She probably works for different side of Alice that Min Hyuk doesn't know. Anyways, looking forward it.

5f3f6ce12c998d44cdd7d2af-p.jpg

A very interestingly unique case is Park Jin Gyeom. He is supposed to be born in 2050. But he born in 1992/1993 and existing in 2020. So he is in a timeline where isn't even supposed to be born yet. So many things might be changed due to his existence in this timeline. 2050's Yoon Tae Yi may have saw something that will affect her child's future so she left with the book. And thus Park Jin Gyeom ended up becoming a time traveler without knowing it. Very excited to see how they will explore this side.

Spoiler

Many seem to be worried about the confused relationship and romance, if there is any. In the press conference Director nim said few times that it's a human SF drama and story about how a family gets reunited. If we rely upon his word, we already know which family he is talking about- Yoon Tae Yi- Yoo Min Hyuk- Park Jin Gyeom. The question how they'll gonna be reunited despite time span? I am so looking forward to it. :sipsboba:

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@Nymeria289, currently the Alice base is in 2050/2051. So far they only go back to the past from what has been revealed.

Wait, if we are in 2020 now, how can Tae Yi be grown up then. She is what mid to late 30s in 2050 which would make her what 5, highest 10 years of age in 2020. She cant be a grown woman and professor in 2020 which would make her age 25 to 30 then...that would make her 55 to 60 in 2050.

27 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Wait, if we are in 2020 now, how can Tae Yi be grown up then. She is what mid to late 30s in 2050 which would make her what 5, highest 10 years of age in 2020. She cant be a grown woman and professor in 2020 which would make her age 25 to 30 then...that would make her 55 to 60 in 2050.

It might be because of time travel. Some commenters speculate that she was actually born in 2010, 2030 or even 19XX. We don’t know yet. Perhaps the most accurate period would be in 199X because the Tae Yi in 2020 who is a professor in 2020 seems not to have any knowledge of time travel. However, previews can also be misleading so who knows what the truth is until we see more episodes.

Love the drama already.

Here to join you guys speculating.

I'm thinking that the little girl is Taeyi. If not Taeyi, then maybe the creator of the organisation - maybe whoever that becomes ALICE, who makes the organisation. But in the even the little girl is Taeyi, let me explain why it could work. So i believe Taeyi was born in 1980s as she's a professor who is probably in her late 30s now in 2020 - little girl was around say 7-10 years old then when her dad died in 1992, so that matches. So her current family, could have been the family who adopted her, after her dad died. Could be aunt/uncle, or just adopted altogether. Then she grows up to become a professor in 2020, and a physics professor who knows and studies things about time traveling. She hence then got involved in this whole time traveling thing - Alice.

IF she is the little girl, and started/created ALICE, that could make sense. She holds the key to whatever Alice in 2050 was worried about. The one page in the book her dad didn't want people in 2050 Alice to take and know/read. It could be her dad was studying how to time travel for ages in the 1980s, studied it and developed a plan on how to make it work, and Taeyi eventually made it happen herself.

So back to 2020, where she starts time traveling, she goes in 2050 - I'm thinking whoever is part of the organisation in 2050 actually has their memories wiped - which explains how everyone who is part of Alice behaves. Cold, emotionless, putting alice/work in front of everything. Sorta like you know with James bond, or Superheroes, you can't have emotions/attachments, or it affects your line of work. So with Alice it would be the same. So the same for Taeyi, she would have her memories gone in 2050, which would explain why she couldn't remember the traumatizing event of her dad dying in front of her if she was the little girl. So then in 2050, a new yoon tae yi with no prior memories, lived there with the Alice organisation, met Minhyuk, fell in love, and was sent on a mission for Alice back to 1992, where she stayed on to give birth to Jingyeom, and so on and forth. This would totally make sense because in 1992, when she realised she was preggers, she initially knew she needed to abort her kid (about the part where people who work for alice have no attachments or little emotions) - that's the thing to do if you work for Alice. But after she read the book, something triggered and changed her mind. 

Yeah i think Jingyeom's foster father will die. Lol someone important to the lead has to die in this kind of show. Unless you count Sunyoung dying as that already. I'm really curious why Choi Won Young was in 2010, with detective Go and him running around frantically as if they knew something was on when Sunyoung died.  But yes the reason why Jingyeom should not say Hi and interact with the current Taeyi now because it might cause a paradox cause the current Taeyi is actually his mum who will give birth to him in the future. 

Gah, fun! i love these sorta shows. I was a huge fan of Faith when Kim Hee Seon did her time travelling for love back then, now it's motherly love. Not sure if she will actually be going back and forth for Jingyeom here though but loveeee this show so much already. This woman surely doesn't age.

Edit 

Seems like she might have wrote the book - which is why she narrated it - and in ep 2, Jingyeom also narrates the book, chapter 1, so it seems like they might have written the book together - if you look at the character chart, it says they are partners. so it seems like they will work together to unveil the time traveling world, and write a book on it together. 

Also wondering if the rashes on Eunsoo is a side effect from Mum time travelling radiation? Also, wonder where Taeyi hid the book since it doesnt seem like Jingyeom has it. Also, im wondering why they had to kill Sunyoung. Would it be because they were afraid Minhyuk would not do his job well with his thoughts of finding his lover etc, hence they had to kill her off? 

On 8/30/2020 at 10:51 PM, Sleepy Owl said:

I am also doubtful about the theory that Tae Yi is actually the scientist's (who was killed in the start) daughter. Firstly the girl looked old enough to remember things. Humans tend to bury the trauma. But they feel it or experience it when they are back in the same environment. Tae Yi going to that mansion, must have at least brought some memories or made it look like she was there before. But it didn't. She would also remember her face in the childhood but didn't. So I think the little girl is not her. 

What if she got her past memories erased after joining Alice. Kinda like in Men In Black. There's no evidence of it so far but that could be a possibility.  

44 minutes ago, kboramint said:

What if she got her past memories erased after joining Alice. Kinda like in Men In Black. There's no evidence of it so far but that could be a possibility.  

Firstly if we were to talk about erasing memories scientifically. Brain never loses any memories, they usually get stored in brain (don't know which part though). Losing memories through brain deteriorating is something else, but when you erase memories, they don't get erased or vanished. They get masked. But I strongly believe that if that was the case, she should have had at least one moment of feeling things to be familiar, which she didn't. Still there is a possibility that she is actually the young girl, but for now I won't be buying it. 

@Redpinkboxes your speculations could be true. But as I said above, I don't think she is that girl. As for your Tae Yi travelling to 2050, I don't really think she would directly go to 2050s or maybe join Alice in 2020s initially and then move to 2050. Looking at her skills in Ep1 it would at least take her 1 year to master it. Which means she was part of Alice for at least 1 year. Right now in 2020s she does not look to have an idea about the time travel actually happening. But to me things already look to be different now.

As for people not having much emotions, there could be 2 things. One they would hire people like that and secondly train them like that. But whatever we say, it is too early to surely predict things. Hopefully we'll continue getting some revelations regarding Alice Organisation and other stuff.

Did anyone else also think the story in the book was very much relevant to Jin Gyeom's one? Let me recap so you won't have to go back to the episode. So the story she Tae Yi read in Ep1 goes like this

The tragedy began when she opened the door of time. If the baby had not entered through the door of time, would none of it have happened? If the baby had never been born, would things have been different? 

Doesn't this sound like Jin Gyeom's story. Is he really destined to stop the time traveling? We know for sure that he was not supposed to be born in 1992 but in 2050. This story totally corresponds with what Tae Yi did and Jin Gyeom's birth. 

As for the detective running and Choi won Young running, we'll have to see what was happening there. But the one who killed Tae Yi seemed to be the blonde guy standing in front of their house.

We'll have to see what happens. But right now what I see coming is Jin Gyeom getting involved with Tae Yi (which did not happen in the first time line). This would in turn might make Tae Yi not exactly going the Alice way. He is already after them, she might join him for this. So we'll have to see how things turn out. 

^ Yes, the book is definitely talking about Jingyeom, which is shocking she still chose to stay in 1992 and give birth to him, knowing that this makes it identical to what she just read in the book and it would mean tragedy. 

Actually you might be right. Im very confused right now, because at the beginning of ep 1, it says they had JUST begin knowing how to time travel in 2050 - but that doesnt make sense if Taeyi was in her real timeline in 2020, she couldn't have looked the same in 2050, unless herself in 2020 wasn't that young, and she was using the looking younger gadget. But if so, could she really have had a baby at that age? No unless science really advanced and she just wore that gadget her whole life in 1992 till she died. 

Which is why i thought she travelled from 2020 to 2050, but it doesn't make sense according to her narration that they had just discovered how to travel in 2050. 

Also i just rewatched a thriller - Kim hee sun focused one - if you go to Kim hee seon's instagram.

In the vid she said "I met your mum before" to Jingyeom - and it shows her looking at a young Kim Hee Seon studying in the lecture hall. She then says "This is not a place you should be at"... Possibly saying that him and his mum's life cannot cross?

Also i watched another trailer that said "we have to kill her for the sake of the future" - Which means with her giving birth to Jingyeom in 1992 - it will cause a tragedy to the world/alice, hence they have to kill her in 2020, before she heads to 2050, and then into 1992 so that Jingyeom never would be born. Which means all these would be changed as every change in the past would affect the future. Also, in that same video, choi won young's voiceover said "We came from 2050" meaning Taeyi and him probably went to 2050 from 2020 together?

At this moment for me, its either she lost her memory when she went to 2050, or she stole the real taeyi's identity, then became sunyoung later.

Gah this is so exciting. Friday needs to come already. I also just wanted to say how Joowon is doing so well in this role. He is acting like a sociopath so well, just through his eyes. <3

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Did anyone else also think the story in the book was very much relevant to Jin Gyeom's one? Let me recap so you won't have to go back to the episode. So the story she Tae Yi read in Ep1 goes like this

The tragedy began when she opened the door of time. If the baby had not entered through the door of time, would none of it have happened? If the baby had never been born, would things have been different? 

Doesn't this sound like Jin Gyeom's story. Is he really destined to stop the time traveling? We know for sure that he was not supposed to be born in 1992 but in 2050. This story totally corresponds with what Tae Yi did and Jin Gyeom's birth. 

Yes, I am also of the opinion that the book includes Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom’s story. I think Tae Yi was aware of this. That’s why she got spooked when she took a glimpse of the contents of the book especially knowing she was pregnant. I believe Jin Gyeom will indeed want to put an end to time travel. During his time so far he has only seen crimes occurring due to time travel. I can’t say I disagree with him because getting a “do over” or tampering with time seems troublesome and can lead to terrible consequences.

On 8/31/2020 at 11:21 AM, Sleepy Owl said:

By the way who else thinks that our Baldy team leader detective is gonna die? 

It is possible but I am more interested in his wife, because in the drama synopsis it is said that she looses his son when he was young and part of the reason why the couple adopted Jin Gyeom was to fill hole his son left and I think in the upcoming episodes, perhaps, someone from Alice might give team leader's wife a choice to go in the past and see his dead son, or maybe they might promise them that his son can saved with some kind of medical technologies available with them, in return to betray Jin-Gyeom, I know its a far fetch theory, but it can be possible since Jin-Gyeom is threat to Alice very existence they won't mind bringing back a dead kid in return of Jin Gyeom's life

I finally watched ep 1 and it’s soooo good to see KHS and JW in a drama again and a SCI-FI one too (one of my fav. genre); they both are amazing and so I feel my expectations rise. I didn’t know a thing going in and ohhh they are playing mother and son!!! Unexpected and it will be a bit strange if she plays the love interest later on too (even a different character; why make them look alike?)  ok on to ep 2! 

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Yes, I am also of the opinion that the book includes Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom’s story. I think Tae Yi was aware of this. That’s why she got spooked when she took a glimpse of the contents of the book especially knowing she was pregnant. I believe Jin Gyeom will indeed want to put an end to time travel. During his time so far he has only seen crimes occurring due to time travel. I can’t say I disagree with him because getting a “do over” or tampering with time seems troublesome and can lead to terrible consequences.

Maybe she was aware of it. But was she aware that she was pregnant? I think she came to know about it when she was taken to the doctor. Before that she thought it be because of the radiation from wormhole. But yeah maybe she did stay being aware of the story. 

Also I wonder what she did with the book. Did she read the rest of it and hid it? or did she just hid it? At the same I am interested about who wrote that book. Not gonna lie at first it felt as if Tae Yi had wrote it, but then the more you think about it the more it seems to be less possible. So I'll think about it again after some more episodes. 

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

It is possible but I am more interested in his wife, because in the drama synopsis it is said that she looses his son when he was young and part of the reason why the couple adopted Jin Gyeom was to fill hole his son left and I think in the upcoming episodes, perhaps, someone from Alice might give team leader's wife a choice to go in the past and see his dead son, or maybe they might promise them that his son can saved with some kind of medical technologies available with them, in return to betray Jin-Gyeom, I know its a far fetch theory, but it can be possible since Jin-Gyeom is threat to Alice very existence they won't mind bringing back a dead kid in return of Jin Gyeom's life

It could be possible, but right now Alice only brings people from 2050 back to the current time. The leader/director of Alice (or whatever he is), knows about Jin Gyeom. He was about to tell about it to Min Hyuk who stopped him. So maybe yeah they could actually approach that woman for it, but given the info we have right now, it seems a bit hard right now. But we can see things getting dirty as more episodes pass. 

Archived