[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

4 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Ep 2 rating

6.4% | 9.2% 

The jump is so high from 4/6 to 6/9 

Well the production quality is pretty good so i expect double digit next week!

Lets go watch ep 2 sub rn

I  don't watch anything because of ratings. I would have missed a lots of good movies, dramas. That's why I'm giving every drama a 2 week try.  It depends on what floats your boat. When "It's a Wonderful Life" first came out, it bombed.  Loved Conair, The Jerk,  White Chicks. I wouldn't be surprised if all these got low ratings from the critics. Right now, no one is watching SF8. It's one hour a week stories start to finish. High quality everything. And at the end of the ep., you go Hmm; and you may discuss it with someone in your family.  To me 100-120 daily dramas are nerve wrecking and so I don't watch them. I may give a one line comment here and there.  I think a lot of the good writers for them have died off or have retired.  Years before these, I watched, soap operas, The Young and the Restless, telenovelas, etc. Crime shows, CSI, etc. There you have it, you can't be locked in because of ratings.  Btw - I do love this drama.

@Samuel Yohanes I think it  is a good idea to keep a time line calculator, just we did with Graceful Friends.:rolleyes:

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

I  don't watch anything because of ratings. I would have missed a lots of good movies, dramas. That's why I'm giving every drama a 2 week try.  It depends on what floats your boat. When "It's a Wonderful Life" first came out, it bombed.  Loved Conair, The Jerk,  White Chicks. I wouldn't be surprised if all these got low ratings from the critics. Right now, no one is watching SF8. It's one hour a week stories start to finish. High quality everything. And at the end of the ep., you go Hmm; and you may discuss it with someone in your family.  To me 100-120 daily dramas are nerve wrecking and so I don't watch them. I may give a one line comment here and there.  I think a lot of the good writers for them have died off or have retired.  Years before these, I watched, soap operas, The Young and the Restless, telenovelas, etc. Crime shows, CSI, etc. There you have it, you can't be locked in because of ratings.

Yeah sometimes bad ratings doesnt mean the drama is not good 

I watch lots of bad ratings drama and i have some that i really like and make me wonder why the rating is low but yeah some is so bad that i understand why the rating is bad.

But i mean the jump on rating is a really great things because it means more viewers watching and more exposure for the drama. 

Two important things for drama rating is 

An organic rising for rating or sleeper hit that hit big.

Rating maybe is not important for us international viewers but for the production team and the broadcast channel and the actor it is really important. 

FYI because of continous bad ratings and ofcourse covid help, sbs cut down their drama from 3 slot to 1 ( now it will be 2 next week ) 

They didnt have monday tuesday slot ever since good casting is done. And then there is wednesday and thursday slot which i dont even remember when they got drama in that slot. And then continous underperform from SBS blockbuster drama ( notably TKEM which perform poorly for KES standard ) 

If the trend continous we could see lesser drama by time because of the bad ratings. So a good ratings is a great life help for more drama to watch for us. 

So for us international viewers good rating is a bonus for us because it will help the investment on other drama which means more drama to watch. 

Good rating -> more ads -> more drama -> more fun 

OMG I AM RIGHT!!!

THE TIMES WORK DIFFERENT IN ALICE AND CURRENT TIME!!!

IN EP 2 IT WAS REVEALED THAT YOON TAE YI GONE FOR 29 YEARS ( SEPERATED IN 1992 ) BUT IT IS ONLY 1 YEAR TIME IN ALICE!!!

so yeah it answer a lot why they are still young

Now the question is about yoon tae yi 

Why yoo min hyuk(?) Said that yoon tae yi is gone when she was there in 2050 ( as professor ) is it different person? 

I really love sci-fi film so watching sci fi drama.is a blessing for me. ( i watch alot of sci fi like oblivion,inception,interstellar,etc ) 

Only two people so far that make Jin gyeom let out his emotion ( his mother and do yeon ) 

1 hour ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I think its maybe connected to power from hotel alice and alice member to stay in time or didnt age at all.

I think it is because of some sort of anti-aging technology, like the client from the kidnap case instantly turned into old woman once she removed a device from her hair or from ear, I am not sure, but if they were able to transport people to past and future I don't think it will be such a big deal for them to have anti-aging technology in order to make them look young and physically fit.

Tell me what your thoughts guys

I think it is too early to call anything, because we still don't know why her mother asked Park Jin Gyeom and what's the secret behind that book and what happened to that little girl with the last page of the book, which seems to be important to the plot. I am honestly happy that we have lots of question in the beginning of the drama, which shows us that the drama's plot is fairly intriguing and our questions will be answered as the plot progresses, unlike other dramas where we end up with more questions than answers at the end of the drama, case in point "TKEM". I am not saying that this drama was not good, but the plot was so messed up and complicated that it never was able to keep me interested in it and ratings also proves that drama got everything right but the plot which is most important

23 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

IN EP 2 IT WAS REVEALED THAT YOON TAE YI GONE FOR 29 YEARS ( SEPERATED IN 1992 ) BUT IT IS ONLY 1 YEAR TIME IN ALICE!!!

Just like "Inception concept" ? Like they are on the same planet but in different time, it does makes sense

25 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Why yoo min hyuk(?) Said that yoon tae yi is gone when she was there in 2050 ( as professor ) is it different person?

What? I thought Yoon Tae Yi left in 1992 mission, where did the 2050 Yoon Tae-Yi come from ?

26 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Only two people so far that make Jin gyeom let out his emotion ( his mother and do yeon ) 

Yeah I can see that, like he tortured that guy from the future a lot and made it clear that he'll kill him, if something happens to Do-Yeon, so  I guess he need to make choice in the end, like, there might come a situation where he as to choose his mom or Do-Yeon :scream: That scene would be heat breaking to watch

41 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

OMG I AM RIGHT!!!

Oh yeah, that’s true. In the conversation between Jin Gyeom’s father and his superior at Alice, they did mention it’s been a year for the father. However, does this really mean they count time differently? Technically, Jin Gyeom is approximately 28 years in 2020 which is approximately the same period of time they said has passed since his mother went missing. However, to someone in 2050, it makes sense that only a year might have passed in that timeline because going back to the past mean someone can go back 10, 20, 30, 40, etc years. I guess what I’m trying to say is that when they said 29 years has passed, I think they mean 29 years since Tae Yi ran away which is Jin Gyeom’s age. Whereas in the 2050, the only time that passes is from 2050 onward. 

I don’t think I explained myself well. I guess an example would be how the father jumped from 1992 to 2050 after Tae Yi ran away. He didn’t live through the years between 1992 and 2050. He lives one year from 2050 to 2051, but Tae Yi lived through the 29 years from 1992 (if she hadn’t died which he does not know). 

10 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I think they mean 29 years since Tae Yi ran away which is Jin Gyeom’s age. Whereas in the 2050, the only time that passes is from 2050 onward. 

Yeah, just like in drama "Signal", where detectives exchange information about cases. Like, for instance the detective from the future gives clues to the detective in the past to solve an unsolvable case, he gives the information in night and very next morning he sees  in the files that the case was solved and the culprits were apprehended and convicted. :smile:

@kireeti2, yep, I watched Signal years ago. Good show.

I do find it curious that the father and the leader guy didn’t say Tae Yi has been missing for 59 years since 1992 to 2051 is that many years. Instead they said she’s been missing 29 years which is basically Jin Gyeom’s age in 2020, the current year where the murder just occurred with the stepbrother.

OMG I AM RIGHT!!!

I think he meant it was one year after TY and the guy traveled back to 92. She never returned, he did. A year now has passed since the incident. To her POV she was missing for 29 years, but from that guy's POV she was missing for a year.      

8 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I think he meant it was one year after TY and the guy traveled back to 92. She never returned, he did. A year now has passed since the incident. To her POV she was missing for 29 years, but from that guy's POV she was missing for a year.      

yeah so by that logic, Tae yi had live for 29 years on the current timeline but he had only aged for 1 year in alice. 

right?

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

I think it is too early to call anything, because we still don't know why her mother asked Park Jin Gyeom and what's the secret behind that book and what happened to that little girl with the last page of the book, which seems to be important to the plot. I am honestly happy that we have lots of question in the beginning of the drama, which shows us that the drama's plot is fairly intriguing and our questions will be answered as the plot progresses, unlike other dramas where we end up with more questions than answers at the end of the drama, case in point "TKEM". I am not saying that this drama was not good, but the plot was so messed up and complicated that it never was able to keep me interested in it and ratings also proves that drama got everything right but the plot which is most important

Just like "Inception concept" ? Like they are on the same planet but in different time, it does makes sense

What? I thought Yoon Tae Yi left in 1992 mission, where did the 2050 Yoon Tae-Yi come from ?

Speculation: That little girl COULD be Yoon Tae Yi. She was born in the 80's and could have grown up to become a professor at a university but then somehow becomes part of Alice. Then later on travels back to 93 to give birth.

P.S. The little girl's father seemed to know that the guy looking for the book was from 2050. Could be from 2050?      

P.P.S. In Episode 1, Yoon Tae Yi asked the little girl what's her name but she said she didn't know.  

44 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Guys is the last scene when jin gyeon hug tae yi is on 2050 or 2020? 

No, it is 2020. I think Park Jin Gyeom will do have time travel, but he will go to past not to future.

3 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

So for us international viewers good rating is a bonus for us because it will help the investment on other drama which means more drama to watch. 

Another upside of good ratings means Netflix will buy that drama and will make it available for international fans, for instance: "The World of Married".

So per the ep 3 preview it looks like Jin Gyeom gives one of the time cards to Tae Yi, and she dissects it - and BAM! there is your time loop paradox - Time traveler pioneer (Tae Yi)  creates time travel. She travels back in time and has a son (Jin Gyeom) who after seeing her die, becomes a police officers and pursues other renegade time travelers, obtains their time cards, gives one to Tae Yi who with it discovers the mechanics of time travel and the cycle repeats ....

Oh this drama has all sorts of time twisty goodness written all over it!

PS - I'm falling in love with Do-Yeon! She better get Jin Gyeom ... in whatever time they end up in!

I agree that the child from eps 1 and the torn paper hold important role in this story. We just still don't know. The plot can develop into interesting one. That one year and twenty nine years gap, the mysterious Yoon Tae Yi, the book, Alice, everything can turn into puzzle piece

8 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Yeah she live for 18 but he didnt know she died yet so he thought it was 29 years already for tae yi

Hi Chingus, if I may add to this, I think someone told him that she was happily married the in the "current" timeline? I wonder who that was?

I will be very honest, this was one drama that I was not planning to watch, at least not right now. However I read several comments online praising the show, and I really hope that these first two episodes are a good indication of what is to come.

The story is mysterious, yet not too convoluted to follow. I have already become invested in the characters, good and bad. So far this is one really good production, I really hope it stays that way.

Regarding the book in episode 1, where is it now? I wonder what that torn page contained.

I am also inclined to, for now, to think that the little girl must be Tae Yi, following in her father's footsteps. Though why does she look like Jin Gyeom's mom?

Also something else that is bugging me, when Sun Young and Min Hyuk ( Jin Gyeom's parents) travelled to 1992 and Sung Young decide to stay back. Did you she not mess up her timeline?  If we assume that Sung Young was around 30 in 2050, she would have to have been born in 2020.  Is this why she told Jin Gyeom that he should pretend not to know her in the future? Or is this why she was killed?

Looking forward to what's in store!! 

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

I am also inclined to, for now, to think that the little girl must be Tae Yi, following in her father's footsteps. Though why does she look like Jin Gyeom's mom?

Also something else that is bugging me, when Sun Young and Min Hyuk ( Jin Gyeom's parents) travelled to 1992 and Sung Young decide to stay back. Did you she not mess up her timeline?  If we assume that Sung Young was around 30 in 2050, she would have to have been born in 2020.  Is this why she told Jin Gyeom that he should pretend not to know her in the future? Or is this why she was killed?

@lexicon, I’m under the impression that Tae Yi and Sun Young is the same person. Tae Yi changed her name to Sun Young in order to live in 1992 anonymously. Maybe that’s why it took so many years for the organization who killed her to find her. She got a fake name and identity. She probably knew the father of her child and Alice would come looking for her especially since she took the book of prophecy. 

Regarding the little girl, if she’s supposed to be Tae Yi, why didn’t the Tae Yi from 2050 know the owner of the book of prophecy and why didn’t she realize the girl look like her younger self. Nevertheless, I do wonder who that little girl is. She definitely can’t be Do Yeon because she and Jin Gyeom probably are the same age.

EDIT

Here’s Kocowa’s synopsis of the show:

Alice

It’s the year 2050 and time travel exists thanks to Alice, the mechanism through which the intriguing practice is made possible. But a rumor based on a prophecy beings to spread about time travel coming to an end. When You Min Hyuk and Yoon Tae Yi are sent to the year 1992 to find out about the prophecy, Tae Yi realizes she’s pregnant and decides to stay in the past by herself. She changes her name to Park Sun Young and eventually gives birth to a beautiful son named Park Jin Gyeom, whose mental health suffers due to radiation exposure. Fast forward to the year 2010, and Sun Young is murdered by someone. 10 years after her death, her son Jin Gyeom is on a mission to find who is responsible for his mother’s death. But while searching, he runs into Yoon Tae Yi, a physics professor who looks exactly like his mother. What will become of these individuals caught tragically between time and space?

16 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

OMG I AM RIGHT!!!

You're forgetting that Tae Yi chose to stay in 1992 and now we're in 2020 so that is 29 years for Tae Yi but Min Hyuk went back to the future and only one year has passed for him.........time flows exactly the same way except for some relativistic implications of wormhole.....this isn't exactly off science although I doubt they will explain it......I am surprised they remembered to include this part

Archived