[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/19/2020 at 5:32 PM, kimchi_eonnie said:

I'm so excited that Lee Da In is included in the Alice cast! I loved her in Doctor Prisoner (watched it only this year during lockdown period  :blush:)

Image source: https://www.kdramapal.com/alice-drops-wistful-character-posters-kim-hee-sun-joo-won-lee-da-in-kwak-si-yang/

Same here!  The last time I watched her is in Doctor Prison now I'm excited to see her again back in drama in more mature role and looking forward to her one sided love for Park Jin Gyeom's ( Joo Won)  I find them cute :)

ALICE Poster Making 

[메이킹] 마법처럼 몽환적인 〈앨리스〉 포스터 촬영 현장! Alice / 스브스캐치

Watch: Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Fight Against Mysterious Time Travelers In “Alice” Teaser

c6af860476ea4917a8f517990446bf6a.jpeg?s=

Aug 19, 2020
by C. Hong

The upcoming SBS drama “Alice” has unveiled a teaser of its suspenseful and complex plot!

“Alice” is a sci-fi action thriller about an emotionless detective (Joo Won) who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with a woman who resembles his dead mother (Kim Hee Sun).

The new teaser hints at the origin for Joo Won’s character, Park Jin Gyeom, who was born without emotions. His mother, Park Sun Young, crossed a radioactive wormhole before she gave birth to her son, implying that her son might develop strange powers. Park Sun Young is fiercely protective of her son, who is accused of pushing another student off the roof while in high school. In the midst of her campaign to prove her son’s innocence, Park Sun Young is murdered.

Park Jin Gyeom vows revenge against his mother’s killer and becomes a police officer in order to catch the criminal. However, strange events start happening around the nation that have one thing in common: the suspects’ fingerprints don’t show up in any system. In the midst of this, Park Jin Gyeom runs into Yoon Tae Yi, a brilliant physicist who looks identical to his dead mother. She denies being his mother, but recalls meeting a woman who looked identical to her before.

The strange events are being caused by mysterious assassins wielding futuristic weapons from the year 2050, who use a device called “Alice” to move through time. Yoon Tae Yi/Park Sun Young is being targeted by this organization “for the sake of the future,” while Park Jin Gyeom vows revenge against them for his mother’s death.

“Alice” premieres on August 28 and will be available on Viki.

Check out the teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1420277wpp/watch-joo-won-and-kim-hee-sun-fight-against-mysterious-time-travelers-in-alice-teaser

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Give Their All Behind The Scenes Of Upcoming Drama “Alice”

4e7f389002d34cad952c9c2f217c1fd5.jpeg?s=

Aug 23, 2020
by S. P

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Alice” has revealed new behind-the-scenes stills of Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun!

“Alice” is a sci-fi action thriller about Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won), an emotionless detective who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun), a woman who resembles his dead mother.

The drama is already highly anticipated due to its star-studded cast and its unique theme of time travel. The actors and producers are working hard to create a high quality production, as seen in the newly released behind-the-scenes photos. In two of the photos, Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun are seen monitoring their scenes with utmost seriousness.

Joo-Won-11.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1421026wpp/joo-won-and-kim-hee-sun-give-their-all-behind-the-scenes-of-upcoming-drama-alice

Kim Hee Sun Describes What Makes “Alice” Different From Her Previous Dramas

dffa8834464044cbafbd15295fa672d5.jpeg?s=

Aug 24, 2020
by J. K

Kim Hee Sun talked about what drama fans can look forward to in “Alice”!

“Alice” is a sci-fi action thriller about Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won), an emotionless detective who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun), a woman who resembles his dead mother.

Kim Hee Sun plays both the eccentric genius physicist Yoon Tae Yi and the loving mother Park Sun Young.

When asked to name the most memorable scene while filming “Alice,” Kim Hee Sun shared, “The action scenes are the most memorable. I think that although I’ve probably held a knife while playing a role, this is my first time holding a gun. I practiced action scenes with the martial arts team, and it was a really new experience for me.”

kim-hee-sun7.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421346wpp/kim-hee-sun-describes-what-makes-alice-different-than-her-previous-dramas

Wow..this is really a fast upload by SBS. Joo Won on SBS Radio today before the press conference.

JW said working with Kim Hee Seon was more satisfactory than his expectation. He became quite close with her. (Joo Won always become closer and comfortable with noonas.) She is playing two role and her total persona changes of her role. 

EgPDu-MU4AIgeCs?format=jpg&name=medium

Kwak Si Yang said in press con that Alice is a movie style drama with all those CGI and everything. Joo also said the drama has a movie vibe as well.

His movie "Firefighter" filming will end this week and now he is practicing for Musical "Ghost."

EgPTA-2XoAArHLx?format=jpg&name=large

At 25:55 a fan asked to pick one character among all of JW's character that he adore most.. JW be like "How can I pick one character.. the question is very hard.. I can't just overlook other character..question is very hard.. but now today is the press conference of Alice... In my opinion Park Jin Gyeom might be the character... I love most... oh finally found the answer (guilty laugh..:sweatingbullets::P).. I adore Park Jin Gyeom most! :D Please watch the drama.

I am sure if it wasn't Alice promotion event he would answer more from his heart...:sweat_smile: Aww.. JW almost got into problem..How can a fan ask that question before Alice promotion!!)

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Talk About Action Scenes, Character Motivation, And More In New Drama “Alice”

7ef557422a2f495c912ead4b7c6ad351.jpeg?s=

Aug 25, 2020
by C. Hong

On August 25, SBS’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Alice” held an online press conference with Kim Hee Sun, Joo Won, Kwak Si Yang, Lee Da In, and director Baek Soo Chan.

“Alice” is a sci-fi drama about an emotionless detective (Joo Won) who learns about the existence of time travel as he tracks down his mother’s killer and discovers a woman who looks exactly like his dead mother (Kim Hee Sun).

kwak-si-yang-kim-hee-sun-joo-won-lee-da-

Kim Hee Sun plays two roles in the drama: Park Sun Young, Park Jin Kyeom’s mother, and Yoon Tae Yi, a genius physicist. She said, “I had some concerns about playing Joo Won’s mother, but I knew how to portray maternal affection. The hardest part was playing a genius physicist. I had to use physics terms naturally. The lines were hard at first, but I had fun filming.”

Asked about the difference between her characters, she replied, “Park Sun Young has lived a hard life because she raised her child alone. Yoon Tae Yi is an egotistic character who has been smart ever since she was born. I think that everyone has a selfish side to them, and there are similarities between Park Sun Young’s maternal love and Yoon Tae Yi’s sense of ego.”

oo Won, for whom this is his first project after his military service, said, “I picked the project because it sounded the most fun, I liked the character, and I had good rapport with the director. I really want to show the viewers the result as soon as possible.”

About his character’s congenital lack of emotion, he said, “I had to portray a lot of subtle emotions, so the director focused on my face a lot. As he grows up, Jin Kyeom becomes more flexible, easier to work with, and understands emotions better thanks to the people around him. I focused a lot on how far this character could possibly express emotion.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1421498wpp/joo-won-and-kim-hee-sun-talk-about-action-scenes-character-motivation-and-more-in-new-drama-alice

Joo Won revealed to have received 50 drama offers after military discharge

Director Baek Soo Chan of SBS' upcoming drama 'Alice' expressed his high expectations for working with actor Joo Won. A showcase for SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Alice' (written by Kim Kyu Won, Kang Chul Kyu and Kim Ga Young, directed by Baek Soo Chan) was held online on the afternoon of August 25 with actors Kim Hee Sun, Joo Won, Kwak Si Yang, Lee Da In and director Baek Soo Chan. On the same day, director Baek Soo Chan revealed that, "Isn't this Joo Won's first work after he was discharged from the military? I think I'm a lucky guy. When he was discharged from the military, he received a total of about 50 drama offers, and I'm honored to be his choice among them." He added, "The Joo Won I met was a very serious person. I took notes and talkedto Joo Won since the first meeting. I promised him that I'd make him look very cool, cute, and sad." 'Alice' is a sci-fi drama about a magical time-traveling of a woman who resembles her dead mother and a man who loses his emotions. Actress Kim Hee Sun plays Park Sun Young, whose face resembles a genius physicist. Joo Won plays Park Jin Kyeom, a congenital insensitive detective. Alice will premiere at 10 PM KST on August 28.

joo-won-revealed-to-have-received-50-drama-offers-after-military-discharge-4.jpg

https://starbiz.net/k-biz/k-drama/joo-won-revealed-received-50-drama-offers/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Kim Hee Sun Shows Off Her Action Skills In Upcoming Drama “Alice”

0cc4f63b6c1143ff96ea3961f97c16d4.jpeg?s=

Aug 26, 2020
by R. Jun

Upcoming SBS drama “Alice” has revealed new stills of Kim Hee Sun.

Kim Hee Sun plays both the eccentric genius physicist Yoon Tae Yi and the loving mother Park Sun Young, and in the new stills, we see Kim Hee Sun — who previously revealed that this is her first time using a gun in a role — in action. Dressed head to toe in black, she takes a man down and holds him a gunpoint as Kwak Si Yang looks on.

A source from the drama said, “Kim Hee Sun fearlessly executed action scenes. She practiced with the martial arts team and did her best. This scene will be an important kick-off point in the first episode. Please tune in to see why her character is here, who she is up against, and what kind of story will unfold in ‘Alice.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421660wpp/kim-hee-sun-shows-off-her-action-skills-in-upcoming-drama-alice

Premiere Watch: Alice, Missing: The Other Side

by missvictrix

premwatch_alice1.jpg

Alice

premwatch_alice2.jpg

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: SBS
Genre: Fantasy, sci-fi
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: It’s always exciting when a new sci-fi show hits dramaland, but that excitement also comes with a moment of pause, since the majority of sci-fi themed dramas have been less than they ought. *Moment of pause* Back to the excitement factor, though, SBS’s drama Alice premieres this weekend, and here are the top three reasons to tune in: Joo-won, Kim Hee-sun, and time travel. The drama’s premise sounds like a complex and multi-dimensional time travel construct, and we have Kim Hee-sun playing two different characters from two different times, Joo-won as her son (sort of, it’s complicated), and a whole lot of playing with fate, time, and the mysteries of physics. I’m not expecting Alice to be the tightest time travel story around, but it’s got enough to intrigue me — and if the characters, emotions, and basic time travel logic is there, and I am good with the details being a glorious tangle.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/premiere-watch-alice-missing-the-other-side/

Joo Won Describes A Scene In “Alice” He’s Excited To See, Talks About What Makes The Drama Unique, And More

9386c3aadc654a5e92ccaef58edfdfbb.jpeg?s=

Aug 27, 2020
by J. K

Alice” has given new looks at lead actor Joo Won in the drama!

“Alice” is a sci-fi drama about an emotionless detective (Joo Won) who learns about the existence of time travel as he tracks down his mother’s killer and discovers a woman who looks exactly like his dead mother (Kim Hee Sun).

On August 27, the producers of the show shared stills of Joo Won and talked about his role as the detective Park Jin Kyeom. Park Jin Kyeom was born emotionless after going through a radioactive wormhole when his time traveler mother was pregnant with him. He’s therefore a bit different from other people, and his only family member and friend was his mother Park Sun Young.

However, 10 years ago when Park Jin Kyeom was in high school, his mother died mysteriously. He decided to become a police officer in order to find her murderer, and he’s the perfect fit for the job, as he’s clearheaded, quick-witted, sharp, and athletic.

The producers of the show stated on August 27, “The first episode that airs tomorrow will feature the reason that Park Jin Kyeom was born emotionless, his unique development process, the shocking incident that happens to him, and the story before he becomes a police officer.” They added that his character’s sharpness will be the main key to the story’s development.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1422033wpp/joo-won-describes-a-scene-in-alice-hes-excited-to-see-talks-about-what-makes-the-drama-unique-and-more

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST

Haha, omg... is he (PJG/Jo Woon) going to romance a woman (YTY/KHS) who looks exactly like his late mother? :whytho: hahaha, Oedipus complex all over the place.  

Still, I'm going to watch it, I was interested in the plot from the beginning, Greek tragedy jam :hypehype:

4 hours ago, cafe99 said:

Jaja, Dios mío ... ¿él (PJG / Jo Woon) va a tener un romance con una mujer (YTY / KHS) que se parece exactamente a su difunta madre?  jajaja, complejo de Edipo por todos lados.  

Aún así, lo voy a ver, estaba interesado en la trama desde el principio, jam de tragedia griega

If there were to be romance, it would be with her friend

love the chapter joo won always surprises us

Archived