[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

7 hours ago, jongski said:

Joo Won is back. First drama after Milary service, right? I'm not fond of fantasy time travel but done right, I can watch. I like the actors here so I'll be checking.  Joo Won's character "cries mom".. So Kim Hee Sun is the "mom?"

Yes,  this is his first drama comeback after military... 

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Vow To Do Anything To Protect Each Other In Teaser For “Alice”
Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun’s upcoming SBS sci-fi drama “Alice” (literal title) has dropped a new teaser!
-
“Alice” is about Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won), an emotionless detective who learns about the existence of time travelers and comes from the future through a device called “Alice.” In the course of his investigations into “Alice,” he has a fateful reunion with a woman who died a long time ago named Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun).
-
In the new teaser, Yoon Tae Yi faces various trials and tribulations as she attempts to protect her one and only son. She says, “I can do anything for you, Jin Gyeom.” Park Jin Gyeom witnesses his mother suffer and suddenly grabs onto her unconscious body as he screams, “Mom!”
-
Someone’s voiceover declares, “No matter what you do, you can never catch us!” Another voiceover calmly explains, “Someone’s future is someone else’s past.”
-
Yoon Tae Yi vows she can prove the existence of time travelers, and Park Jin Gyeom is determined to find his mother and protect her at all costs.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Hee Sun, Joo Won, And More Show Great Chemistry At 1st Script Reading For “Alice”

Jul 29, 2020
by S. Nam
c54e6c4367b540c5a3f75a74c2dcd19b.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday sci-fi drama “Alice” released new photos from the drama’s first script reading!

“Alice” is about Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won), an emotionless detective who learns about the existence of time travelers and comes from the future through a device called “Alice.” In the course of his investigations into “Alice,” he has a fateful reunion with a woman who died a long time ago named Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun).

In addition to director Baek Soo Chan, actors Kim Hee Sun, Joo Won, Kwak Si Yang, Lee Da In, Kim Sang Ho, Choi Won Young, Lee Jae Yoon, Hwang Seung Eon, Yeonwoo, Lee Jung Hyun, and more were present at the script reading.

Kim Hee Sun will be playing two characters who look alike, Yoon Tae Yi and Park Sun Young. During the script reading, Kim Hee Sun skillfully portrayed a character in her 20s as well as a character in her 40s, taking on two characters who are somewhat similar but also vastly different. With her thorough understanding of her roles, Kim Hee Sun used different manners of speech and facial expressions to differentiate the two characters, impressing the staff who were present on site.

Joo Won will be playing detective Park Jin Gyeom who has congenital apathy. Due to Park Jin Gyeom’s unique trait, Joo Won had to use his detailed acting to properly express his character’s thoughts. Despite the difficulties, Joo Won immersed himself into his role and brought Park Jin Gyeom to life.

Alice-2.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1415603wpp/kim-hee-sun-joo-won-and-more-show-great-chemistry-at-1st-script-reading-for-alice

I'm not sure about the Story but will definitely tune in for cutie Joo Won's comeback. He's one of my favs. And KHS is an awesome actress i love her too. Hope this will be good and for the great leads to get a drama of their calibre. 

On 7/29/2020 at 7:49 AM, white Life said:

Many korean actress look younger than their actual age, but not KHS.
Anyway, i am still looking forward for this drama for joo won

She looks pretty young to me, she's already in her 40s and is a mom.

'ALICE' Behind The Scene Script Reading • [메이킹] 김희선X주원, 대본리딩부터 숨막히는 현장 단독공개! 〈앨리스〉 8월 28일 첫 방송! 《Alice / 스브스캐치》

Starring :
Joo Won
Kim Hee Sun 
Kwak Si Yang
Lee Da In

Behind the scene script reading of upcoming drama 'Alice' 

August 28, 2020 Fri 10pm KST

ⓒ SBS Catch

Wait what did i just watch?! :surprisedwut:

They're acting as a mother and son with their current looks and she isn't coming from the past or anything like they legit wants me to believe a mother and son would look like that. How did she accept that?! Okay for the leads sake i'll turn my brain off in those scenes. Hope it won't last long. Wish they hired another actor for the high schooler role. But that's Kdrama for you.

22 minutes ago, Seonhoyaa said:

They're acting as a mother and son with their current looks and she isn't coming from the past or anything like they legit wants me to believe a mother and son would look like that. How did she accept that?! Okay for the leads sake i'll turn my brain off in those scenes. Hope it won't last long. Wish they hired another actor for the high schooler role. But that's Kdrama for you.

Kim Hee-seo acted as Mom and as a High school student in "Angry Mom", and she played a role where she switches her soul with a old woman in "Room No.9" and did a fantastic job in both the series. So, I trust her judgement for picking this role as well. And coming to joo won acting as her son, it's sort of debatable, cause the age gap is not huge and Joo won is doesn't have a baby face to pass on as a High school student. But, it's a science fiction movie and going by the synopsis there is lot of mental and appearance issue with both Joo won's and Kim Hee Seo's characters due to time travel. So, I will hold my judgement until I see the first episode and I will not completely judge a drama by it's teasers :smort:

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Prepare For An Otherworldly Adventure In Posters For Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama “Alice”

Jul 31, 2020
by S. Nam

c803458de92245a99281aacee7cb35e5.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday sci-fi drama “Alice” released new posters of Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun!

“Alice” is about Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won), an emotionless detective who learns about the existence of time travelers and comes from the future through a device called “Alice.” In the course of his investigations into “Alice,” he has a fateful reunion with a woman who died a long time ago, named Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun).

On July 30, “Alice” released new character posters previewing the mysterious world within the drama. In the posters, Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun exude a brilliant aura with the endless space and bright stars in the background.

Kim Hee Sun will play the eccentric physicist Yoon Tae Yi who is trying to uncover the secret behind time travel. In the fantasy-like poster, Kim Hee Sun shines similarly to one of the brilliant stars in the night with her unique and dazzling charisma. Her deep gaze also appears to hold many untold stories. The text on her poster reads, “If it’s for you, I can do anything,” raising curiosity as to who that special someone could be referring to.

Joo Won will be playing detective Park Jin Gyeom, who has born apathetic. Due to his character’s unique trait, Joo Won had to use his detailed acting and thorough understanding of his character to skillfully portray Park Jin Gyeom’s emotions and changes without using strong expressions. With only his gaze, Joo Won created a mystical atmosphere in his poster as Park Jin Gyeom. The text on his poster reads, “I’ll protect you no matter what world you are in.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1416129wpp/joo-won-and-kim-hee-sun-prepare-for-an-otherworldly-adventure-in-posters-for-upcoming-sci-fi-drama-alice

18 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Kim Hee-seo acted as Mom and as a High school student in "Angry Mom", and she played a role where she switches her soul with a old woman in "Room No.9" and did a fantastic job in both the series. So, I trust her judgement for picking this role as well. And coming to joo won acting as her son, it's sort of debatable, cause the age gap is not huge and Joo won is doesn't have a baby face to pass on as a High school student. But, it's a science fiction movie and going by the synopsis there is lot of mental and appearance issue with both Joo won's and Kim Hee Seo's characters due to time travel. So, I will hold my judgement until I see the first episode and I will not completely judge a drama by it's teasers

I don't see the similarity in the dramas you mentioned with KHS and Joo Won plays a normal mother and son. She defiantly can be a mother of high schooler but i can't pass Joo Won as a normal high schooler and in top of it KHS looks too young to be his mother imo. The first part of the teaser implies she died and then he meets her again coming from the past or something isn't it?! So there will be scenes where they play a normal mother and son. And that's is not convincing to me but i hope it's very few scenes at least. But maybe i'm just disappointed at them not being paired and you tell me that's she looks like his mother lol.  

So according to the article she's coming from the future. Then how's she his mother?! 

3 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

So according to the article she's coming from the future. Then how's she his mother?!

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/alice2020/cast/63366#0_2

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/alice2020/cast/63366#0_0

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/alice2020/cast/63366#0_1

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/alice2020/cast/63366#0_3

3 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

The first part of the teaser implies she died and the he meets her again coming from the past or something isn't it?! So there will be scenes where they play a normal mother and son. And that's is not convincing to me but i hope it's very few scenes at least. But maybe i'm just disappointed at them not being paired and you tell me that's she looks like his mother lol.  

It seems like your issue is more to do with Kim Hee-seo being a Mother rather than Joo won passing on as a High School student. I can understand, and yes, Kim Hee Seo not that old to be Joo won's mother, but you have read the synopsis of the drama before commenting on the drama. Like, Kim Hee seo is playing two characters, one character is in late 20's and other character is in early 40's(That is mother of joo won's character). So, she playing double role, and I am sure that make up team had done a fair job to make Kim Hee-Seo look like that she is in her 40's and 20's and Joo won to like he a high school kid. I am sure a lot of fans will appreciate Kim Hee -Seo for taking up diverse roles rather than taking up repetitive roles, it is also in her interest to choose diverse roles, since it will enhance her acting and can delivery a better version of her in next project

Watch: Joo Won Vows To Avenge His Mother Kim Hee Sun’s Death In Preview Of New SBS Sci-Fi Drama “Alice”

Aug 1, 2020
by E. Cha

c61425086c2a4f56ad1eff1ed9daf80c.jpeg?s=

BS’s upcoming drama “Alice” has unveiled an action-packed new teaser!

“Alice” is an emotional science-fiction drama starring Joo Won as a detective who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with a woman who resembles his dead mother (played by Kim Hee Sun).

In a newly released teaser for the upcoming drama, Park Jin Gyeom (played by Joo Won) declares, “All I’ve ever wanted is one thing: catching the criminal who killed my mother.” The clip begins with flashbacks from the character’s memories of his mother from his high school days, which end with Park Jin Gyeom heartbreakingly clutching her dead body as he cries out, “Mom!”

The preview goes on to show Park Jin Gyeom growing up and becoming a ruthless detective who isn’t afraid of a fight. In one scene, he says in voice-over, “I don’t treat just anyone like a human being,” while in another, he holds a gun to someone’s head and grits out, “I’ll kill you with my own hands no matter what.” As the caption teases, “The time of destiny is approaching,” he goes on, “I don’t know where you all came from, but I’ll kill you myself, with my own two hands.”

2 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/alice2020/cast/63366#0_2

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/alice2020/cast/63366#0_0

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/alice2020/cast/63366#0_1

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/alice2020/cast/63366#0_3

It seems like your issue is more to do with Kim Hee seo being a mom rather than Joo won passing on as a High School student. I can understand, and yes, Kim Hee Seo not that old to be Joo won's mother, but you have read the synopsis of the drama before commenting on the drama. Like, Kim Hee seo is playing two characters, one character is in late 20s and other character is in early 40s(That is mother of joo won's character). So, she playing double role, and I am sure that make up team had done an fair job to make Kim Hee Seo look like that she is in her 40s and 20s and Joo won to like he a high school kid. I am sure a lot of fans will appreciate Kim Hee Seo for taking up diverse roles rather than taking up repetitive roles, it is also in her interest to choose diverse roles, since it will enhance her acting and can delivery a better version of her in next project

Nope, i don't have problem with her playing a mother. But not a mother to Joo Won and he certainly doesn't pass as high schooler. And yeah i know she plays two characters but didn't know about the 2050 angle. As it's not mentioned in any english sources i know of. So i assumed his mother came as a young woman from the past and not the future. Anyway thank you for the informations this makes the drama more interesting. 

43 minutes ago, Seonhoyaa said:

Nope, i don't have problem with her playing a mother. But not a mother to Joo Won and he certainly doesn't pass as high schooler

Yes, I do agree with you, I was expecting them to be  main couple of the drama, and I was also surprised when I came to know  that they are paired as Mother- Son. And coming to Joo won as high school kid, well that is something we have overlook for the moment, since we don't know how exactly the plot is going to unfold, maybe joo won's character started school at very late age, due to his "Apathetic" mental state. Or maybe, Time travel had some kind of effect on KIm Hee-Seo's character,like, it sort of made her age to freeze and she is going to stay forever young until she was killed by her fellow time traveller. We have to wait for the drama to know the reason behind pairing of Joo won and KHS as Mother and son. 

43 minutes ago, Seonhoyaa said:

Anyway thank you for the informations this makes the drama more interesting. 

I am glad that I was able to help you to understand the plot:thumbsup:. To be fair, I didn't knew this 2050 angle until yesterday. Also, there is no update  in synopsis on AsianWiki or MyDramaList websites and SBS is sort of only targeting the Korean audience, therefore, there is less information available for International audience. Hence, there is lot of confusion around plot, teaser and characters.

23 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

To be fair, I didn't knew this 2050 angle until yesterday

I did not know about this story. I thought she is traveling from the past. We`ll see.

I don`t have a problem seeing Joo Won playing a high schooler. It will be for a short time and I think he can make it credible. I don`t have a problem seeing Kim Hee sun playing the mother of the protagoinist later. I think she is beautiful and talented and she can do a good job. I am interested more about the storyline. That is what counts for me more than anything.

21 minutes ago, larus said:

It will be for a short time and I think he can make it credible. I don`t have a problem seeing Kim Hee sun playing the mother of the protagoinist later. I think she is beautiful and talented and she can do a good job. I am interested more about the storyline. That is what counts for me more than anything.

I am sure her acting will be convincing as "Mother" to Joo won, since she is actually a mother in real life. But, she will also be playing a role of a Physicist who is in her early 30's, same age as detective Park Jin-Gyeom, so I guess , we will get is her more in the role of a young Physicist more than in the role of Joo won's Mother, since she might die as mother in the early episodes, maybe in episode 2 or 3, and she might appear as mother  in few flashback scenes.:smile:

For me I don't have any problem about JooWon's upcoming drama 'ALICE' whether what genre or role he will take the important to me is as long as he has drama coming out, it's his drama comeback after military discharged. This made me also curious on why he took this drama out of 70 scripts in his hands and why he gets interest to ALICE. This drama that fans been waiting for so long. 

I've seen some negative comments in social medias. Lets just support whatever will be the outcome of this drama. Though i wouldn't blame people for giving their such comments regarding 'Alice' if you don't like time travel or judging it's content then skip to another depending whatever your taste.  ;)

Its already AUGUST! I honestly cant wait to watch ALICE feels like its been thousand of years waiting before it comes out. 

Archived