Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법

6 hours ago, shazbinjin said:

oooh what does “bbo-bbos” mean? Would be devastated if it means they didn’t actually practice a lot before the actual kissing scene lol!! :P

It mean kiss in Korean but only in form of pecks.

6 hours ago, shazbinjin said:

Also chingus, can I ask you all about your experience with dramas’ blu-rays? I want to support this drama and obviously would love to watch more goodies and candies lol but I hear that they’re not subbed and I don’t know Korean.. are there any of you guys (who are presumably international fans) who bought the blurays from other dramas before if you don’t understand Korean?

I did take a research and actaully there are quite some people bought blu rays without understanding Korean, for the good quality souvenirs, as well as the extended scenes and extra bts clips. Since the majority of the show was already subbed in streaming services, I don't think the people would be too concerned with the extra content that is unsubbed.... and there are almost always international fans online who can understand Korean and help explain the gist. The price is a concern for most people though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1401739wpp/moon-ga-young-talks-about-success-and-her-first-leading-role-with-find-me-in-your-memory

Moon Ga Young Talks About Success And Her First Leading Role With “Find Me In Your Memory”

May 21, 2020
by S. Nam

64C06884-F960-4005-8E00-18992AEB0A33.png

Moon Ga Young talked about her latest drama “Find Me in Your Memory” in a new interview with Sports DongA!

Having made her debut at the young age of 10, Moon Ga Young already has 14 years of acting experience under her belt. However, when her efforts did not directly translate to success at first when it did for her peers, she blamed herself for not being able to find success. Nonetheless, she soon realized that acting was a way to leave a record of who she was as a person at that time, causing her desire for success to dissipate. Moon Ga Young shared that once she realized this, she felt as if she were opening her eyes anew.

After participating in 38 projects, Moon Ga Young finally ran across her recent drama MBC’s “Find Me in Your Memory.” This was her first leading role on a terrestrial television channel, and many people praised the drama by calling it her best project to date. Even so, Moon Ga Young modestly shared, “I don’t want to be too excited. The moment I think of the overflowing interest and love as an ‘opportunity,’ I might get greedy.” She revealed that she wanted to consider all the honor as a piece of her emotional life as a 24-year-old.

7739251C-5131-4106-978E-39A71BB77010.jpg

Thanks to her role as Yeo Ha Jin in the drama, Moon Ga Young has become a popular role model among young women. Moon Ga Young shared, “My character was charming. In the drama, Yeo Ha Jin was an honest and proactive celebrity that had the ability to lead her own narrative. I think those aspects were well-received by female viewers in their 20s and 30s. I’m also not a person who is just passive. The people around me kept asking me why I was just being my real self [in the drama] and not acting.”

Recently, Moon Ga Young also actively spoke out on the issues surrounding “Nth Rooms” by signing a petition, and she didn’t hesitate to speak her views as a feminist. She shared that all she did was to share her opinions about what she felt was right at the time and said, “Someone may think I’m being sensitive, and I’m aware I might regret this later. Sometimes, even saying something small can be difficult.”

1B0894F8-F5BA-4BA0-88F9-06447798EF35.jpg

The actress also shared her thoughts on her work. She revealed, “It’s come to the point where I can’t leave out work while talking about dating,” saying that it had become more difficult to tell who she is as a human when she’s not an actress. She continued, “These days, my greatest focus is on myself. From a young age, I was often called a ‘Kid adult.’ I began to consider myself a ‘yes girl’ because of the pressure of wanting to be kind to the people around me. I thought it was a compliment to hear that I was mature. Now, it’s become too much for me. I regret that I wasn’t able to be honest about my own emotions because I was worried too much about how others perceived me.”

Moon Ga Young continued to elaborate that she had started to become closer to herself by practicing how to say “No” to other people and that she developed a new dream of becoming a positive influence on others.

Finally, the actress concluded, “As an actress, my goal is to hear, ‘The show is interesting if it stars Moon Ga Young.’ I want to become someone who has at least a small positive influence on others. In order to do that, I need to understand myself more deeply, and I’ll work hard to become a better person.”

Watch Moon Ga Young in her most recent project “Find Me in Your Memory” below:

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

The blu-ray pre-order period is extended till 31 May.

MGY seems to become good friends with Lee PD of FMIYM :)

Wineglass [in wooden box] by DC fans to FMIYM staff.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

If not for Ju Ji-hoon's nomination, we will not be able to see KDW joining the campaign [finally!]:

YJH is subsequently nominated by KDW:

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, hahanzyy said:

when i love a show i need to rewatch it many times until my heart is ready to let it go

I seldom rewatch a show and somehow despite the flaws in the latter half of FMIYM I still is rewatching it. Objectively I cannot put it on the best Kdrama list but it does have a special place in my Kdrama favorite list.

Old materials but I still want to share them here.... Keyeast actually did a SNS count down before the show commenced [I feel there are more SNS promotional materials provided by agencies of the FMIYM cast members than MBC:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 10

On 5/21/2020 at 2:14 AM, shazbinjin said:
Wow! K-netz are amazing if this is true!! I’d definitely be happy for all the crew and actors who worked so hard for this drama so that they’ll know their drama is so well-loved and rating shouldn’t be everything!

Seems the thank you ad is progressing smoothly. Glad to hear that!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Some of you may have seen it from other threads, but since it is FMIYM related I will put it here anyway. Keyeast has released more photos of the last shootings of the leads (sadly the director''s face is blurred in some of the photos, which I think is unnecessary) in their naver blog. The title reads "KDW x MGY - ''Dream [couple] chemistry' that will be remembered for long".

Full sets of photos can be viewed here:
https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?memberNo=29770009&volumeNo=28364255&memberNo=29770009

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

New photos may be released partly due to Kim Seul-gi's Yeo Ha-kyung promotion event by her agency? Even international fans can participate and win her photo card before 3 Jun  by 31 May!

Edited by 000231846597
wrong date corrected
  • Like 6

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/05/27/television/Find-Me-in-Your-Memory-Kdrama-Moon-Gayoung/20200527160700221.html

Actor Moon Ga-young talks acting the role of an actress

May 27, 2020

785D88FE-BE85-40E3-A7E7-B38FE93CB665.jpg

Moon Ga-young [KEYEAST ENTERTAINMENT]

For someone who has been acting since she was 9 years old, taking on the role of an actor in the MBC drama series “Find Me in Your Memory” was not at all what she was expecting, said lead actor Moon Ga-young.  

“Ha-jin gives you her honest thoughts from the outset, there are no second thoughts,” Moon told Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, shortly after the conclusion of the drama series on May 13. “I live the life of an actor, just like Ha-jin, but I tend to give almost everything a second thought.”  

Yeo Ha-jin is the protagonist in the series. She is an actor who lives in the moment rather than dwelling on the past. The drama is about the romantic connection between Yeo and a star news anchor Lee Jung-hoon, played by award-winning actor Kim Dong-wook, who, unlike Yeo, focuses on every single detail of his life.    

He doesn’t do it on purpose. In the drama series, Lee has a condition called hyperthymesia, which means he has a superior autobiographical memory.    

Kim won the grand prize at the 2019 MBC Drama Awards, a top award for actors in Korea.  

Moon, 23, debuted as an actor when she appeared in the horror movie “Bloody Reunion” (2006) and has since featured in more than 40 films and dramas.    

Moon spoke to the Ilgan Sports about her perspective on acting and how it has changed after working on her latest project with Kim, as well as her hopes for her career in the future.   

The following are edited excerpts of the interview.  

질의 :What were your thoughts after “Find Me in Your Memory” aired its last episode?

응답 :It felt quite sad. I loved the people that I met on the set and really enjoyed acting with them. We had grown quite close over time. They have become my own people.

Was this your first time acting with Kim?

Yes. He tends to be a bit shy around strangers, so we were awkward in the beginning (laughs). But after we came to know each other more, it was a lot easier. He’s quite funny and jokes a lot. I think as we got closer over time, that also showed in our acting on the screen.  

Were you at all concerned about the fact that your partner in the series was an award-winning actor?

What is there to worry about if your partner is an award-winning actor? It meant he was a great actor and that gave me more confidence in playing my role. I learned a lot through the project with him.  

While the drama was airing, you actually created a social media account in the name of the character you were playing and acted like her on the account. Where did that idea come from?

I saw singer IU and actor Kim Hye-soo do this before. I thought it could work for my role in this drama series [because Yeo in the drama is active on social media] and told the director my idea the first time we met. Thankfully the response from the audience was quite positive. It was fun to interact with the audience that way.  

What aspect of Yeo's character did you focus on the most?

I focused the most on bringing emotions into play. Yeo is honest with her emotions, and on top of that the story evolved rather quickly as well. So I had to express the changes in the emotions on par with the speed. Immersing myself in these emotional changes was not easy.  

Do you believe in fate, like the way Yeo and Lee’s story turned out?

I believe that fate comes and finds you, but you also have a say in your fate. It was fate that I became an actor and fate that I got to act in “Find Me in Your Memory.” Opportunities came, but I also made choices. 

CF027B00-CDA6-4B30-B5DF-3BE181C491E2.jpg

Poster of MBC drama series "Find Me in Your Memory." Moon, right, plays a forgetful actor in the romantic series, and Kim Dong-wook, left, plays a news anchor who remembers every detail of his life. [MBC]

It’s well known that you can speak English and German in addition to Korean. Do you have any plans for Hollywood?

I speak German because I was born there and went to school there. It would be nice to try international projects.  

What kinds of roles would you like to play in the future?

I have played a student numerous times. I’d like to try characters with different jobs — maybe a prosecutor or a doctor. I’d also like to try a role in a historical drama.  

What kinds of things do you wish people would say about you?

That I was born an actor.  

What are your plans going forward?

I want to be an actor whose skills are acknowledged widely so that people watch the movies and dramas that I am in with the thought that they will enjoy them because I am acting in them. I also want to leave a positive impact and be remembered as a good person in people’s memories.  

BY HWANG SO-YOUNG   [chung.juhee@joongang.co.kr] 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2