[Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법

0ly40

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The starting was great and love the idea of the story, but sadly it kinda dragged towards the end especially with the reason for their separation. Like what’s wrong with dating your ex’s best friend?? I enjoyed the writer’s previous works very much and that made me determined to finish this drama. However, I must say towards the end, story is kinda flat. 

OTP interactions are great and that’s probably the only thing that kept me watching till the end. I am one of those who couldn’t understand and connect how the 2 years separation was necessary when they easily got back together. Are the OTP So matured that there isn’t any sad/depressed expression shown with the separation? Yet they love each other so much? I am not feeling it. I just feel the OTP interactions are not connected to the whole story narrative.

re: in dating your ex's best friend -- basically it is dependent on how cultures define friendship. in some (like mine), close friends are seen as possible extension of your family and they can be treated like cousins/siblings if really close. they show up at weddings, funerals and take part in the organizing as if they are family members. so the idea here is "omo, he is dating her sister after she died!" -- that is the kind of feel. now I find it interesting that the writer basically works around this sticky scenario by not having these two meet while so yeon was alive. like @000231846597 noted, they could have just put out a press release explaining but perhaps, the point is that no matter what you say, netizens are not going to believe.

haven't seen the episode yet but it does seem silly that after all that hoopla, it all ended on a saccharine note. like @000231846597 and yourself noted, it would have made more sense if they continued to date secretly. however, it feels like the writer's point was two fold -- hae jin was not ready to give up her career and fade into obscurity and be a housewife. neither was hae jin really ready to date jeon hoon and not regret. she had strong feelings for him but she hadn't had time to process what their relationship meant in the context of seo yeon. so the time away basically solves those issues and leaves a couple who feel strongly enough to pursue what they want and don't care about what others think. plus, now that she has worked in US, she proves herself as a viable actress on a different level while he has shown that he is vital to ratings. so their careers could revive and stay strong. but yea, I think it would have made more sense to me as well if it just went on a long distance relationship. based on the stills and gifs, it looks like we had a great kiss. so that's something?! ^_^

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

@vangsweetie637 @shazbinjin my concern is more on the uselessness of the separation; it is not helping in defusing the negative opinions of the public. The problem still persists till the end of the show with a lingering bitter aftertaste. But yeah, overall I did enjoy the drama watching experience despite its flaws.

I am not condoning separations. In fact Kdrama separations are nuts as we all know know we have Zoom or FaceTime

However if we are talking about Korean fans reactions then 2yrs will take the heat off them. Other scandals emerge. And if they resurface as a couple after being separated by a continent even a fan will say their feelings must be really deep to withstand the scandal.

Because after all  couples break up and end up with the BFF all the time. Just because it is a bit or sound terrible that his first girlfriend was murdered by a stalker; doesn't mean he can't go out with her BFF.

Lingering nasty taste will be if it's an open ended ending. Or a meet up 5 min before episode 16 ends. I was pretty satisfied overall with this drama since I wasn't even planning to follow it.  And my 3 other shows bombed. One I didn't even watch the the last 4 episodes. I skipped 2 of the last episode of another. Then fast forward the last 4 episodes of another.

This is about the only one I didn't fast forward and watched. Ok. I skipped episode 15 of this one.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

OTP interactions are great and that’s probably the only thing that kept me watching till the end. I am one of those who couldn’t understand and connect how the 2 years separation was necessary when they easily got back together. Are the OTP So matured that there isn’t any sad/depressed expression shown with the separation? Yet they love each other so much? I am not feeling it. I just feel the OTP interactions are not connected to the whole story narrative. 

This. The fact that they didn’t contact each other over the two years and HJ basically told him to “move on” made me lose some of the magic I felt with their romance. I found it hard to believe that they’re so in love with each other and had such ironclad self control over two years that neither one of them picked up the phone in a moment of weakness to talk to each other. And then they just get back together like nothing happened. It’s totally weird to me. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

This. The fact that they didn’t contact each other over the two years and HJ basically told him to “move on” made me lose some of the magic I felt with their romance. I found it hard to believe that they’re so in love with each other and had such ironclad self control over two years that neither one of them picked up the phone in a moment of weakness to talk to each other. And then they just get back together like nothing happened. It’s totally weird to me. 

I think that's what made it beautiful. Cause its realistic and it depicts a couple's DEEP love. 
It's possible,  that there's a part of a person that needed closure to be over -- and because the love is still alive -- you've moved on  with the other parts of your life except that one great love.   - It's love's mystery really. But its so possible. 

I was not expecting to love and be hooked with  this drama at all. <3 

Though my selfish side, really really wanted him to ask THAT question in the end lah. ugh! hahaha. 
<3 <3 <3 

Edited by trinsyboo
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

pd posted some bts shots

they seemed to have much fun laughing during their discussions too! :lol: still, i bet there are lots more stress in the whole filming process not captured here.. they only shared with us the happy moments :wub:

here’s from the makeup artiste

this one is so funny :lol:

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh mine ... the cable tv in my country shows the final episode just now and i was so excited. Finally i can watch the sizzling hot kiss scene on the bigger tv screen instead of from my phone. BUT they censored the kiss scene!!! :scream:  ... It shows them drinking beer, light pecks on the lips while giggling then no more! :astonished: Screen went dark and jumped to the press conference... i guess the kisses are too hot for the tv here to handle. I feel so cheated :confounded: ....   Well i guess i have to make do with watching it on replay from my phone ... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 8

@vangsweetie637 

you wrote exactly my feelings about the breakup and thanks for this ... I find it hard to write in English 

@hahanzyy 

you're right!  She expected him to stop her ... but he was not sure if he should either ...

So for me the breakup was the decision of both of them not only hers, they were not ready to fight for their love perhaps because they still had not discovered how big  and important was for them ...have been dating for a month? ...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I have a random thought about the show as a whole, I am kind of disappointed that they do not spend alot of time showing jeong hoon as the gentle tyrant. I actually enjoyed watching him in early episodes where he exposed people he interviewed. 

I think rather than spending much time on the stalker, this would've been interesting. I would gladly watch if there is a "spin-off" about Lee Jeong Hoon Live News haha. 

I recall that early promotional video, MBC actually used scene that shows Jeong Hoon in the anchor seat. That promo did encouraged me to watch the show. I was originally hooked by the show after seeing the first scene when there was an error in the teleprompter, I think it was really cool.

Maybe the writer thought that spending alot of time on him working will be off putting but I think it would've brought broader range of viewers. Combined with the main plot on "memory" and his romance with Hajin, I think the show would've been a huge hit. 

Edited by Thirtysvn37
New paragraph and fixing typos
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

39 minutes ago, Thirtysvn37 said:

I have a random thought about the show as a whole, I am kind of disappointed that they do not spend alot of time showing jeong hoon as the gentle tyrant. I actually enjoyed watching him in early episodes where he exposed people he interviewed. 

I think rather than spending much time on the stalker, this would've been interesting.

I totally agree! The stalker arc was definitely dragged although I get it that they were going for more suspense... but it would have definitely been way cooler if they found a way to incorporate more of JH’s “Gentle Tyrant” scenes into the plot instead of prolonging and producing 2 stalkers instead of 1. For instance I was wondering why they never showed JH interviewing Director Ji, especially since he turned out to be the stalker. They could’ve showed JH cornering the heck out of Director Ji which could’ve thickened the conflict/tension between those two. And I was really wondering whether there was a specific reason Director Ji insisted on photographing Director Choi.. I thought that he might have some lowkey stalking tendencies in the past that JH would point out in his interview. But none of that lol.. Writernim missed out on a golden opportunity here if you ask me!

ETA:

I read the last episode’s recap on this blog which I thought was done beautifully. There were definitely a lot of flaws from this drama particularly the whole 2-year breakup part, but in the end it came down to the magical chemistry between our OTP that kept me glued in front of my screen and gave me all the feels~~ I didn’t expect to like them so much and in the end found myself rooting for them (both JH-HJ and KDW-MKY lol) so badly! And that swoony kiss!!!! I think I’ve broken my replay button from replaying it so many times :wub:

Also I’m glad that the last episode (Eps 32) seemed to have a pretty good rating... although still not the highest. Despite some of my disappointments with writernim’s decision, this drama was soo underrated and deserved so much more love from the Korean audience... I haven’t seen another drama with main leads that worked so hard to take the extra mile in promoting this drama with Insta lives and a separate insta account!! sighhh...

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Thirtysvn37 said:

I think rather than spending much time on the stalker, this would've been interesting. I would gladly watch if there is a "spin-off" about Lee Jeong Hoon Live News haha. 

I recall that early promotional video, MBC actually used scene that shows Jeong Hoon in the anchor seat. That promo did encouraged me to watch the show. I was originally hooked by the show after seeing the first scene when there was an error in the teleprompter, I think it was really cool.

Maybe the writer thought that spending alot of time on him working will be off putting but I think it would've brought broader range of viewers. Combined with the main plot on "memory" and his romance with Hajin, I think the show would've been a huge hit. 

i agree! I wanted this name of his to be explored in depth! But unfortunately, as many of us agree, the writer made some poor decisions on how to handle the arcs thrown at us. Even until now, I still think the stalking arc should have just ended with Doctor Ji. Like, compeesh, done, over, next! But nope, instead, they brought the original stalker back and why? To provoke HJ’s memories? That wasn’t necessary at all <_< but since we didn’t get to see it, then I will just take it as that even though he was harsh, it was for the right reasons and in that way, he was the gentle tyrant. 

5 hours ago, hahanzyy said:

Oh mine ... the cable tv in my country shows the final episode just now and i was so excited. Finally i can watch the sizzling hot kiss scene on the bigger tv screen instead of from my phone. BUT they censored the kiss scene!!! :scream:  ... It shows them drinking beer, light pecks on the lips while giggling then no more! :astonished: Screen went dark and jumped to the press conference... i guess the kisses are too hot for the tv here to handle. I feel so cheated :confounded: ....   Well i guess i have to make do with watching it on replay from my phone ... 

Aww im sorry to hear that chingu! how dare they censor it?!! :joy: but don’t worry, it’s all over social media: the kiss and the BTS :w00t:

———

thanks everyone for saying that my points made it clearer for the separation. Honestly, i am still upset at the scandal arc but i can accept the separation arc because they had to grow more to love more :D

what drama are you guys planning to watch next or already watching? We can meet again on another thread and spazz again too ;)

• Like 7

@shazbinjin @vangsweetie637 exactly, I even thought that the whole Dr Dad thing is unecessary. 

I agree, they should've brought up the first stalker plot into Director Ji's interview. I felt like JH's profession as an anchor was brought into the background in the second half of the show, which is very unfortunate. It could've been a great way to showcase Kim Dong Wook acting skill. we would also get to see more JH interactions with Director Choi. 

Also without the draggy stalker plot, we may get even more swoon worthy scenes between Hajin and Jeong Hoon.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the show as it is, this is one of my favourite KDrama this year so far (but not my no 1 fave yet, Hyena and Kingdom are still on the top of my list so far). But if they explored the Gentle Tyrant arch more, FMIYM could've been on top of my list. Its still very hard for me to move on from this show, but mainly because of JH - HJ romance (or KDW - MGY lol). 

My remaining on going series are now only The World of the Married (which will also end this weekend) and The King (I dont like it, but still watches it due to curiosity). I guess I am now moving on to shipping KDW & MGY in real life haha.

Edited by Thirtysvn37
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, Thirtysvn37 said:

@shazbinjin @vangsweetie637 exactly, I even thought that the whole Dr Dad thing is unecessary. 

I agree, they should've brought up the first stalker plot into Director Ji's interview. I felt like JH's profession as an anchor was brought into the background in the second half of the show, which is very unfortunate. It could've been a great way to showcase Kim Dong Wook acting skill. we would also get to see more JH interactions with Director Choi. 

Also without the draggy stalker plot, we may get even more swoon worthy scenes between Hajin and Jeong Hoon.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the show as it is, this is one of my favourite KDrama this year so far (but not my no 1 fave yet, Hyena and Kingdom are still on the top of my list so far). But if they explored the Gentle Tyrant arch more, FMIYM could've been on top of my list. Its still very hard for me to move on from this show, but mainly because of JH - HJ romance (or KDW - MGY lol). 

agree! Doctor Dad arc was unnecessary too. And then introduced the result of his book way too late in the story. Really left me feeling like that was just unnecessary tension. I really liked the Anchor Lee we saw in the beginning but as you said, it was pushed behind and everything else took place. I understand completely. For me, it was HJ and JH (MGY and KDW) that held me on too. Amidst everything that was going on around them, their relationship was the one thing that made me like this show. Not just that but the concept that their conditions countered each other. Other than that, I still don’t like some parts haha. Not a perfect drama but the chemistry was perfect which makes it one of my favorites! This drama, I will definitely rewatch  ;)

• Like 9
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Aww im sorry to hear that chingu! how dare they censor it?!! :joy: but don’t worry, it’s all over social media: the kiss and the BTS :w00t:

@vangsweetie637,  thankfully it's all over social media :D ... but the thing is, i wish i can see it from a bigger screen so that i can have a clearer view to dissect the kisses :w00t::sweatingbullets:

some non-OTP related thots ...

i love the CEO for trying to speak ENGRISH so often, She is so cute! :lol:

My heart broke for TE at one particular scene when he spoke to his dad after the dinner. He told dad that he knows he didn't live up to dad's expectation as usual. The dad was criticising him for choosing "petty" work after all the trouble he took to send him to medical school and then dad added this "don't go to dangerous place" ... just one phrase showing some concern for TE's safety. The actor is good, i can see his face showing surprise followed by feeling touched...  TE has lived his life not getting approval nor love from the dad such that a stingy word of concern from him touched his heart. Sigh.... anyway, in the storyland, i hope he goes on to meet another female doc with the same life mission as him, they fall in love and go on to do volunteer/charity:) work together happily 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

35 minutes ago, hahanzyy said:

i love the CEO for trying to speak ENGRISH so often, She is so cute! 

LOL yes but i had a hard time understanding what did said when i watched it raw hahaha. 

i've been watching this from the start again lol. who's with me?!

and i've been curious when did JH start to fall for HJ? my thought is when he watched her movie? because when he hugs her thinking that she's been stalked, his face showed he was surprised that he hugs her. something like he just realized his feelings:wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, nitttss said:

LOL yes but i had a hard time understanding what did said when i watched it raw hahaha. 

and i've been curious when did JH start to fall for HJ? my thought is when he watched her movie? because when he hugs her thinking that she's been stalked, his face showed he was surprised that he hugs her. something like he just realized his feelings:wub:

I think he was alredy fallen for her after TE told him about HJ memory. He discovered her story and it was there the beginning!:smirk:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, nitttss said:

Same here! I also rewatched it again before the finale, although I skipped the annoying parts lol...

I’m not quite sure when he first started falling for her tbh! I feel it’s a bit of a gradual thing and there might not been a certain moment. He sure softened a lot towards her after Dr TE told him the truth about her, and I guess that hug on the pavement (and maybe him fainting into her arms?) really sealed the deal for him?

BTW there’s this cute video from MBC that showed the “temperature” of JH’s feelings towards HJ (from hot to cold lol).

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

finally had time to catch the last episode..... and all I could think was "so what was the question?" :lol: did PDnim cut the scene? why didn't the gentle tyrant ask a question to ha jin? instead they both just grinned at each other. it was supposed to be cute but I was curious what cheeky question he could have asked. ideas?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

finally had time to catch the last episode..... and all I could think was "so what was the question?" :lol: did PDnim cut the scene? why didn't the gentle tyrant ask a question to ha jin? instead they both just grinned at each other. it was supposed to be cute but I was curious what cheeky question he could have asked. ideas?

proposal! :wub:

that open ending is a little hope for season 2? my wish! haha

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Something I liked about this drama is that a lot of things happened, right?  and most of it was solved quickly ... one of my favorite scenes is when Jung Hoon receives the award and says directly to Ha Jin "I hope your days in the future are happier than your past" that phrase is everything and I  completely fell in love with the drama ...

• Like 3
  • Love 5