[Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법

0ly40

57 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I looked and I looked but can't find it. Which page is the kids BTS on please? And wow after seeing so many kissing videos and gif here; those 2 did a great kissing scene.

You may find the BTS here [I heard the official one was deleted]:

https://www.instagram.com/jdwkim/channel/

By the way, I think you can still watch EP15 but skip the break-up scene that ruins the story and mood. There 're some scenes still nicely done there.

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I am still waiting for the subbed episode.

The official subs in my native language were released 3 hours later than usual.... what a torture last night!

5 hours ago, thistle said:

That is my issue right there in a nutshell.  I cannot get over the fact that she left him.  Tried to change my mind about it.  Can't.  This was otherwise a pretty good drama.

@kaykafisyah Agreed.
Here are my thoughts about the ending:

• The story would be much better if the leads maintain a long-distance relationship in secret. It is much more fitting to both the leads' character settings. The scriptwriter can still prove her point about "destiny" by tweaking a few details --
    1) the break-up scene becames a temporary farewell gathering by changing a few lines;
    2) HJ wanted to surprise JH so she went back to Korea without telling JH; she didn't know JH spotted her on car and drive in other directions to avoid JH;
    3) HJ still accidentally met JH in the bookshop on the same day; the leads shared some sweet bickering and small argument before HJ pretended to be angry and walked away; JH apologized by phone without HJ picking up;
    4) But still the car crash happened and the two reconciled by JH reciting HJ's lines about destiny.
  • I still would like some resolution about the public's negative opionions about the two dating. My understanding is that the negative opinions can mainly be divided in two groups;
    one would be speculations that JH was dating HJ behind SY's back 8 years ago and it should be clarified by press release quickly issued by the leads;
    the other would be the feelings that dating best friend's ex are not ok; some Asian societies can be quite sensitive about that, I can kinda understand that. This kind of negative opinion can be changed over time and by HJ & JH temporarily keeping low-key for a while. That would better justify why the leads would need to keep long-distance relationship, and that JH needed to temporarily step down from being an anchor.
  • The things that I like in the finale:
    1) the news head and team leader couple; they lits up the atmosphere whenever any one of them appears;
    2) the brief but sweet moments between HK & IK. Kudos for HK making the step in closer the relationship!
    3) HJ visiting JH's dad and mom! It is very considerate of HJ to visit JH's mom;
    4) JH's comeback as news anchor; he is charismatic as ever on anchor table :heart:
    5) TE walking out of his father's shadow and having his own success! Daebak!
    6) The camping, ramen reference, and the kisssssssssss :naughty:
    7) The BTS!
    8) The Notting Hill reference at the end.
Edited by 000231846597
My thoughts about the ending
  • Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

OSEN | 2020. 05. 13.

Lee Jinhyuk writes handwritten letter expressing deep regret to Kim Seul Gi and fans

4EB9377F-AE37-4741-AB72-30DCDD3409A0.jpg

Singer and actor Lee Jinhyuk expressed his sincerity with a handwritten letter.

On May 13, after the drama "Find Me in Your Memory" finished airing, Lee Jinhyuk shared his thoughts through a long handwritten letter posted on his Instagram.

The male idol sent his apology, "'Find Me in Your Memory' has finished in much love of the audience. First of all, before sending my greeting, I want to apologize for concerning you with my ill-considered words and actions. I am sincerely reflecting on my actions during the recent VLIVE broadcast. I would like to apologize to the relevant representatives as well as the viewers who love the drama and feel uncomfortable after watching my broadcast."

He then expressed his wish to once again apologize to Kim Seul Gi and the fans, "I would like to apologize to senior Kim Seul Gi, the drama's representatives and fans - who might be hurt by my disrespectful behavior and words. I will bear in mind what you have said to me and strive to become a Lee Jinhyuk who won't let you down in the future activities. I want to apologize to you once again. I'm sorry."

37688A16-F054-4439-B14B-FBA9DBF631FF.jpg

He sent his thanks to the drama's production team and cast, "My debut drama 'Find Me in Your Memory' ended today. The filming process that I did not want to finish was completed. Perhaps because the drama I loved came to an end, there was only sadness in my heart. Thank directors Oh Hyun Jong and Lee Soo Hyun for leading a rookie who still has many shortcomings and clumsy like me with smiles and positive energy. I also sincerely thank the senior actors for loving me and not hesitating to give much advice to me, the youngest member of the crew. In the future, no matter where I go, I will not forget the advice the directors and seniors gave me."

Thank you, the viewers who love the character Jo Il Kwon. Since this is the first character coming to Lee Jinhyuk as an actor, I wanted to do better. I acted while hoping that the audience can feel this heart. In the future, I will try and work hard to present you with a better image. Thank you for watching the drama 'Find Me in Your Memory'."

On April 30, Moon Ga Young and Kim Seul Gi, the actresses starring in "Find Me in Your Memory" (MBC), conducted a live broadcast on SNS. Then Lee Jinhyuk, who also starred in the drama, watched and left comments in this broadcast. Lee Jinhyuk's co-star, Kim Seul Gi, said goodbye to him, saying, "Darling, see you later." This made some fans feel uncomfortable and they even left malicious comments.

Regarding this, through a livestream on SNS, Lee Jinhyuk has drawn attention as he explained that he had received an apology from Kim Seul Gi.

Below is the entire of Lee Jinhyuk's handwritten letter.

Hello. I'm Lee Jinhyuk.

"Find Me in Your Memory" has finished in much love of the audience.

First of all, before sending my greeting, I want to apologize for concerning you with my ill-considered words and actions.

I am sincerely reflecting on my actions during the recent VLIVE broadcast. I would like to apologize to the relevant representatives as well as the viewers who love the drama and feel uncomfortable after watching my broadcast.

I would like to apologize to senior Kim Seul Gi, the drama's representatives and fans - who might be hurt by my disrespectful behavior and words. I will bear in mind what you have said to me and strive to become a Lee Jinhyuk who won't let you down in the future activities. I want to apologize to you once again. I'm sorry.

My debut drama "Find Me in Your Memory" ended today. The filming process that I did not want to finish was completed. Perhaps because the drama I loved came to an end, there was only sadness in my heart.

Thank directors Oh Hyun Jong and Lee Soo Hyun for leading a rookie who still has many shortcomings and clumsy like me with smiles and positive energy. I also sincerely thank the senior actors for loving me and not hesitating to give much advice to me, the youngest member of the crew. In the future, no matter where I go, I will not forget the advice the directors and seniors gave me.

Thank you, the viewers who love the character Jo Il Kwon. Since this is the first character coming to Lee Jinhyuk as an actor, I wanted to do better. I acted while hoping that the audience can feel this heart.

In the future, I will try and work hard to present you with a better image. Thank you for watching the drama "Find Me in Your Memory".

OSEN = Reporter Ji Min Kyung /mk3244@osen.co.kr
Photo = Instagram of Lee Jinhyuk, Reporter Park Joon Hyung /soul1014@osen.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 000231846597 said:
  • The story would be much better if the leads maintain a long-distance relationship in secret. It is much more fitting to both the leads' character settings. The scriptwriter can still prove her point about "destiny" by tweaking a few details --
    1) the break-up scene becames a temporary farewell gathering by changing a few lines;
    2) HJ wanted to surprise JH so she went back to Korea without telling JH; she didn't know JH spotted her on car and drive in other directions to avoid JH;
    3) HJ still accidentally met JH in the bookshop on the same day; the leads shared some sweet bickering and small argument before HJ pretended to be angry and walked away; JH apologized by phone without HJ picking up;
    4) But still the car crash happened and the two reconciled by JH reciting HJ's lines about destiny.
  • I still would like some resolution about the public's negative opionions about the two dating. My understanding is that the negative opinions can mainly be divided in two groups;
    one would be speculations that JH was dating HJ behind SY's back 8 years ago and it should be clarified by press release quickly issued by the leads;
    the other would be the feelings that dating best friend's ex are not ok; some Asian societies can be quite sensitive about that, I can kinda understand that. This kind of negative opinion can be changed over time and by HJ & JH temporarily keeping low-key for a while. That would better justify why the leads would need to keep long-distance relationship, and that JH needed to temporarily step down from being an anchor.

Wished they had consulted you before making the final episode. The scenario above is so much more acceptable with their characters. That's why I am feeling "whaaaat?" with the separation because it is just so out of place. 

About dating ex's best friend, vice versa, I can understand if the said person is alive. But she's been dead 8 years! What a cruel society if that is really so <_<

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

An unofficial wrap-up party was held although there are no official news as MBC does not want to promote against social distancing measures for corona virus pandemic.

Edited by 000231846597
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Just finished watching the final episode. I'm glad they did not spend much time on hajin dilemma between the two movies. I loved all the dates scenes all of them are really sweet and makes me missed the drama even more :( 

It would've been great if JH proposed in the last scene (I dont need wedding scene but an on screen proposal would've been lovely).

I agree, there was so much character development for the lead couple. Which serves well with PD's aim to make this drama a "healing" story.

Oh from the "unofficial" wrap party celebration, it seems like KDW cut his hair, which is unfortunate he is wayyyy hotter in his anchor-nim hair lol

• Like 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Helena said:

Singer and actor Lee Jinhyuk expressed his sincerity with a handwritten letter.

On May 13, after the drama "Find Me in Your Memory" finished airing, Lee Jinhyuk shared his thoughts through a long handwritten letter posted on his Instagram.

The male idol sent his apology, "'Find Me in Your Memory' has finished in much love of the audience. First of all, before sending my greeting, I want to apologize for concerning you with my ill-considered words and actions. I am sincerely reflecting on my actions during the recent VLIVE broadcast.

I was wondering what is this apology for... for those curious, you can read the soompi article if interested: https://www.soompi.com/article/1400075wpp/lee-jin-hyuk-posts-apology-after-controversy-over-live-broadcast

but even after reading, am not sure what the hoopla is about. shrug. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

Seoyeon's posted as well! :wub:

I was actually hoping we got a scene where HJ and JH went to visit Seoyeon ... and also them visiting his mom. Crossing fingers we get them on the blu ray deleted scenes? 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mooster said:

Seoyeon's posted as well! :wub:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAJ_rXIBm_F/

I was actually hoping we got a scene where HJ and JH went to visit Seoyeon ... and also them visiting his mom. Crossing fingers we get them on the blu ray deleted scenes? 

Rough translation of Lee Joo-bin's post may give you some sort of closure:
"Because the two persons in SY's life becomes happy once again, SY now can become happy too. Many, many thanks for giving your love and support [to us]. Goodbye, FMIYM! 
(the photo was taken in last november during the filming workshop meeting)"

EDIT: MGY replied the post saying "I love you, Yeong [Seoyeon's nickname]"

Edited by 000231846597
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

Overall, i really love this drama! Will definitely go back for a rewatch! The development between the two leads and their story was amazing! They really complimented each other. Great ending! I will take this kind of staring ending because I know they are together as a couple. And he most likely was going to ask her to marry him :wub: the kiss! Im guilty! I rewinded it so many times! :rolleyes::wub:

but this is going to be a long post.

I know some of you still feel upset/confused about the separation of two years. After watching this episode, here is my take on it. I actually understand the reason behind the separation.

What we thought we saw (a love that should have been strong enough to defy odds and withstand social criticism) was actually not that strong for them. Realistically, those in love should hold their ground firmly, right? But realistically, love also do fail even when grounds are planted firmly. Because problems will test one’s will and love. So will love survive? It depends on who is holding it, and for how long do we want to hold onto it. 

What I mean is this: Anchor Lee and HJ loves each other, no doubt. We can see this. They laugh. They kiss. They hug. They go on dates. They say they love each other. But when faced with complications, both wanted to stay strong but just couldn’t. One wanted to let go then hold on, back and forth. She just didn’t know what she wanted truly. She could not make her final decision. She couldn’t handle complicated things. Remember, she said she only wanted to live simple by counting from 5 to 6 only. The other one, Anchor Lee, wanted to hold on tight and he was actually the only one able to do it. But to do it alone was too heavy on him. That’s why he didn’t go after her when she broke up with him. He wanted her to tell him that she would keep him, and actually do it. But he knew that she couldn’t. And he didn’t stop her. It made both of them doubt their love. These two couldn’t show their love as a whole to each other. They allowed it to be divided and conquered by others, and even by their own insecurity and fears.

This is why both ended up in regret. It took two years of yearning and countless thoughts for them to realize that they should have stayed firm on their grounds. Anchor Lee regretted not telling her to stay, not running after her and telling her they would overcome it together so they can be happy. HJ regretted leaving Anchor Lee all alone to handle everything. Both of them know their wrongs but it took two years to admit it personally. And because they finally realized it and even realized that they still love each other (they didn’t even need to fall in love again), they held onto their love like they should have third time around. 

Notice that now, after 2 years, they are focusing on the “us” and not the “you” and “i”. Before, it was either one way or the other, or ‘us’ for one person but not the other. They have finally figured out what they should have just done 2 years ago. HJ also told Anchor Lee “I am not afraid anymore. I should have just relied on you before.” And Anchor Lee also stated to her, “Am I not that reliable. Are you ready?” See. Now these two are finally in sync together! This is why they can finally walk with their heads up when faced with the complications together. Now when they say they won’t say goodbye anymore, they meant it. Both realized that they didn’t hold onto each other tight enough. And now, that’s exactly what they are doing. They are no longer playing the noble idiocy route which caused the break up too. They are finally counting on each other and going through it together.

I also believe this: two years ago, HJ wouldn’t have been able to do it at all. She is kind of like the person who can talk but is afraid to walk, too. Inside, she is too weak to the society’s criticism. And her public image was also a top priority. So she didn’t know how to balance her happiness. She couldn’t handle it. And she couldn’t handle its effect. Anchor Lee was able to handle it: he was stronger than HJ. But he couldn’t do it alone. He couldn’t handle another heartbreak alone. It wasn’t right or fair to him, but I have to admit that he was also afraid to really ‘let go’. This can also be why these two didn’t defend themselves when society bash their dating status. They felt like it was something too hard to let go, so they will let time do it for them. Time didn’t heal their supposingly scandal (what scandal? That’s what I am thinking but this was the writer’s choice) because people still remember it even from two years ago. But time did allow them to think and give another chance to heal. This time, HJ told Anchor Lee: “I finally realized what my top priority is.”  Him and her love. She is even willing to give up her US movie if he asked her too. She wouldn’t have been able to do that two years ago. Actually, it’s also why she left. She couldn’t leave her movies behind. She felt she had to choose. And she chose what made her feel safer and a much easier way out: 

HJ, two years ago, just wanted everything simple. She was willing to love and declare that she would protect it. But when push come to shove, she also cowered. She was insecure. She loves Anchor Lee wholeheartedly but she couldn’t do it unconditionally. It was too hard on her. Anchor Lee loved her unconditionally but it was too much to love her wholeheartedly if she wasn’t ready to take the leap with him. 

But two years later, after they had time to think it over, and wait for each other, even as their lives continued, they still thought of each other, of the “what ifs and whys and i am sorry”. These two never stopped loving each other. That’s why they met coincidently 3 times. It wasn’t to show that they were meant to be (yes they believe it was) but as some of us noticed, it was meant to let us know that finally their love will “GO”. During the accident scene when they came face to face, the red light turned green. This was their chance to go again for each other. And it was also going to be their third chance. Hence, 3. And when these two admitted their regrets and their apologies, it was clear that it took the time they were separated to realize all this sincerely. That’s why when they got back together, they made sure to not repeat the same mistakes. They were finally ready to be in love, together. They can now project their love confidently to those around them (to Anchor Lee’s dad and his momand to Yeong). I don’t even think they admitted to the press that they are dating. They simply showed it through gestures and their heads held high, hand in hand. 

also, notice that at the end, HJ didn’t use her same motto like Yeong from the beginning: “I want to live just by counting to 5 or 6, so that I can finish using my two thumbs to count” No. She replied by saying she wanted to be remembered and love daily, and to be loved in this place. She said this while smiling towards the man she loves. And he understood her completely. HJ has finally become a woman who can think on her own and keep what she truly wants by her side. These two finally learned to love wholeheartedly and unconditionally. This, guys, is the real healing of two hearts.

Overall, this drama definitely had its flaws. Not perfect. Some arcs were dragged and some were way too late into the story that it made no sense. But in the sense of this love story, it is so memorable to me! I love HJ and Anchor Lee! The osts were amazing! Heartstrings were pulled. I cried. I even smiled with the characters, and I felt scared at times too. If a drama can make me feel like this, it’s a worthy list on my drama favorites! 

:wub:

• Like 10
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

Here are my thoughts about the ending:

@000231846597, i totally agree with you about this. I really thot writer would have shown us the above based on their consistent characters throughout the drama. Was surprised in final episode that writer really decided to let them cut contact for 2 years. Their breakup and get-together were both super chop chop & fast

i rewatched their breakup scene. And i think that actually if JH were to hold on to HJ then, she would not have let go.

Both at 1.01 and 1.20, after she said she think it was right for them to part, i felt she was waiting for JH to counter her reasoning. Esp after JH agreed at 1.30, she was speechless for a while... i think she was in a confused state, feeling responsible for all the people suffering bcos of their relationship, she has always respected JH, and JH agreeing without protesting seem to affirm that she was right. But  deep down she was hoping to be stopped ... just my own thots, trying to find reason for out-of-character behaviour :sweatingbullets:  

Anyway, sooooo happy we got our happy ending... the breakup made both realise they are best being together than apart :love:

i love the kiss BTS, esp the part when MGY has her armed wrapped around KDW while they were discussing, and she was actually massaging his shoulder :w00t: ... and KDW doesn't even react, as though it is something very normal :phew:.... me and my delulu mind :wub:

btw, i read that due to the current sensitive situation, the staff asked that should anyone shared video or pic of the unofficial party, to please remove them.

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

The kissing BTS with eng sub!

Credit video to the account owner

Spoiler
3 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

An unofficial wrap-up party??

1 ig account that I followed has posted that the staff that shared above video DM her asking her to remove the vid. In this current situation such gathering will only spark hate comments which is why I fully understand where the staff is coming from . Can we actually DM this account owner to delete as well? I can see this vid on twitter too , I can say the vid has circulated widely :cold_sweat:...I really hope FMIYM team won't get so much hate due to this video...

@vangsweetie637 Love what you've written above. It's easier to accept the drama as it is through your writing. Thank you for that. Anyway, since the writer kind of leave it to our imagination about JH's Q to HJ, me too want to believe that he wants to ask her to marry him :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 4

Overall, i really love this drama! Will definitely go back for a rewatch! The development between the two leads and their story was amazing! They really complimented each other. Great ending! I will take this kind of staring ending because I know they are together as a couple. And he most likely was going to ask her to marry him :wub: i am guilty! I love the kiss and kept rewinding it! :phew:

I know some of you still feel upset/confused about the separation of two years. After watching this episode, here is my take on it. I actually understand the reason behind the separation.

What we thought we saw (a love that should have been strong enough to defy odds and withstand social criticism) was actually not that strong for them. Realistically, those in love should hold their ground firmly, right? But realistically, love also do fail even when grounds are planted firmly. Because problems will test one’s will and love. How will love survive? It actually depends on how much we are holding onto it. 

What I mean is this: Anchor Lee and HJ loves each other, no doubt. We can see this. They laugh. They kiss. They hug. They go on dates. But when faced with complications, both wanted to stay strong but just couldn’t. One wanted to let go then hold on, back and forth. She just didn’t know what she wanted truly. She could not make her final decision. She couldn’t handle complicated things. Remember, she said she only wanted to live simple by counting from 5 to 6 only. The other one, Anchor Lee, wanted to hold on tight and he was actually the only one able to do it. But to do it alone would be too heavy on him. That’s why he didn’t go after her when she broke up with him. He wanted her to tell him that she would keep him, and actually do it. But he knew that she couldn’t. And he didn’t stop her. It made both of them doubt their love.

This is why both ended up in regret. It took two years of yearning and countless thoughts for them to realize that they should have stayed firm on their grounds. Anchor Lee regretted not telling her to stay, not running after her and telling her they would overcome it together so they can be happy. HJ regretted leaving Anchor Lee all alone to handle everything. Both of them know their wrongs. And because they finally realized it and even realized that they still love each other (they didn’t even need to fall in love again), they held onto their love like they should have third time around. 

Notice that now, after 2 years, they are focusing on the “us” and not the “you” and “i”. Before, it was either one way or the other, or ‘us’ for one person but not the other. They have finally figured out what they should have just done 2 years ago. HJ also told Anchor Lee “I am not afraid anymore. I should have just relied on you before.” And Anchor Lee also stated to her, “Am I not that reliable. Are you ready?” See. Now these two are finally in sync together! This is why they can finally walk with their heads up when faced with the complications together. Both realized that they didn’t hold onto each other tight enough. And now, that’s exactly what they are doing. They are no longer playing the noble idiocy route which caused the break up too. They are finally counting on each other and going through it together.

I also believe this: two years ago, HJ wouldn’t have been able to do it at all. She is kind of like the person who can talk but is afraid to walk, too. Inside, she is too weak to the society’s criticism. She couldn’t handle it. And she couldn’t handle its effect. Anchor Lee was able to handle it: he was stronger than HJ. But he couldn’t do it alone. HJ, two years ago, just wanted everything simple. She was willing to love and declare that she would protect it. But when push come to shove, she also cowered. She was insecure. She loves Anchor Lee wholeheartedly but she couldn’t do it unconditionally. It was too hard on her. Anchor Lee loved her unconditionally but it was too much to love her wholeheartedly if she wasn’t ready to take the leap with him. 

But two years later, after they had time to think it over, and wait for each other, even as their lives continued, they still thought of each other, of the “what ifs and whys and i am sorry”. These two never stopped loving each other. That’s why they met coincidently 3 times. It wasn’t to show that they were meant to be (yes they believe it was) but as some of us noticed, it was meant to let us know that finally their love will “GO”. During the accident scene when they came face to face, the red light turned green. This was their chance to go again for each other. And it was their third chance. Hence, 3. And when these two admitted their regrets and their apologies, it was clear that it took the time they were separated to realize all this sincerely. That’s why when they got back together, they made sure to not repeat the same mistakes. They were finally ready to be in love, together. 

also, notice that at the end, HJ didn’t use her same motto like Yeong from the beginning: “I want to live just by counting to 5 or 6, so that I can finish using my two thumbs to count” No. She replied by saying she wanted to be remembered and love daily, and to be loved in this place. She said this while smiling towards the man she loves. And he understood her completely. HJ has finally become a woman who can think on her own and keep what she truly wants by her side. These two finally learned to love wholeheartedly and unconditionally. This, guys, is the healing of two hearts.

Overall, this drama definitely had its flaws. Not perfect. Some arcs were dragged and some were way too late into the story that it made no sense. But in the sense of this love story, it is so memorable to me! I love HJ and Anchor Lee! The osts were amazing! Heartstrings were pulled. I cried. I even smiled with the characters, and I felt scared of the stalker too. If a drama can make me feel like this, it’s a worthy list on my drama favorites! 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

Ahhhh I just finished watching the finale with subs!

I’m with some of you who was upset by the unnecessary separation and the whole “noble break up” arc, and was quite upset in the beginning of this episode that the fans’ theory that they didn’t break up and continued to be together in secret was founded untrue. However after this finale I’ve given it some thought.. I really liked how JH and HJ talked it over after their unexpected reunion; how JH said that he regretted not holding on to her when she broke up with him, and how HJ said she regretted making the mistake of leaving him all alone. I think in the early stages when they made the promise to never say goodbye to each other it was quite new into the relationship and they were all lovey-dovey, without being quite prepared for what lied ahead of them.

In real life people make mistakes in relationships too, and if this separation is what they needed to realise how much they meant to each other and reflect on the wrong choices they made, I feel quite at peace and believe that this couple would now be strong and mature enough to strive to be better for each other and weather through hardships together instead of taking the easy way out (i.e. breaking up). 

Do I still think that two years was too long for them to realise this? Yes, definitely — but I think this drama is big on the whole “destiny” and “fated for each other” thing and it wanted to show us that even after a lengthy time apart where most people would’ve moved on, they still very much loved each other and in the end found their way back to each other because it was their “destiny”. 

And back to real life, do I still think that the writernim made some bad choices for episode 15??? YES I DO — but then, just like our OTP, I feel like after making a bad decision the writernim tried to make up for it with a good one (aka the happy ending and THE KISSES).. and for me at least that‘s good enough and I can finally move on.... (to shipping KDW and MKY in real life ahahahaha :P they are the only couple that made me ship them after the CLOY Couple hehe!)

ETA: @vangsweetie637 I just saw your post after I posted this (it took me like maybe 20-30 minutes to type loool), so sorry if some of the points i wrote are similar to yours, but I’m glad there’s someone else who has the same opinion as me chingu! :rolleyes:

• Like 8
  • Love 4

@vangsweetie637 @shazbinjin my concern is more on the uselessness of the separation; it is not helping in defusing the negative opinions of the public. The problem still persists till the end of the show with a lingering bitter aftertaste. But yeah, overall I did enjoy the drama watching experience despite its flaws.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@kaykafisyah @shazbinjin thank you! That was simply my take on it. The separation gave me all those afterthoughts haha and it took me more than 30 mins to write especially on my phone where keyboard is so small :lol:

19 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

@vangsweetie637 @shazbinjin my concern is more on the uselessness of the separation; it is not helping in defusing the negative opinions of the public. The problem still persists till the end of the show with a lingering bitter aftertaste.

i agree! This is why I am not upset at the separation itself but the arc used to push the separation forward. I found that the reason (it wasn’t even a scandal or a huge dating taboo to begin with honestly in my opinion <_<) was done so poorly. If the writer wanted to show us a point about society which we clearly understood, it would have been better to give us one that made actual sense. That’s why i had to think harder on why the separation had to happen than why the “scandal” was taken so seriously. I was more disappointed with the scandal arc than the fact that the writer chose it to separate the two lovers. I know the writer wanted us to see why they separated (as my take on it above) but the what led to it..I didn’t like it. But if i had to take it in some kind of way, i will take it as that some people actually don’t forget these kind of headlines, that’s why we feel the bitter aftertaste (HJ mentioned people still didn’t get over it). The problem was the arc. The separation was just a way to make the characters grow more in depth. I still didn’t like the backlash these two suffered. And feel even more bitter about them being attacked with no defense <_<

• Like 10
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:
Spoiler

Overall, i really love this drama! Will definitely go back for a rewatch! The development between the two leads and their story was amazing! They really complimented each other. Great ending! I will take this kind of staring ending because I know they are together as a couple. And he most likely was going to ask her to marry him :wub: the kiss! Im guilty! I rewinded it so many times! :rolleyes::wub:

but this is going to be a long post.

I know some of you still feel upset/confused about the separation of two years. After watching this episode, here is my take on it. I actually understand the reason behind the separation.

What we thought we saw (a love that should have been strong enough to defy odds and withstand social criticism) was actually not that strong for them. Realistically, those in love should hold their ground firmly, right? But realistically, love also do fail even when grounds are planted firmly. Because problems will test one’s will and love. So will love survive? It depends on who is holding it, and for how long do we want to hold onto it. 

What I mean is this: Anchor Lee and HJ loves each other, no doubt. We can see this. They laugh. They kiss. They hug. They go on dates. They say they love each other. But when faced with complications, both wanted to stay strong but just couldn’t. One wanted to let go then hold on, back and forth. She just didn’t know what she wanted truly. She could not make her final decision. She couldn’t handle complicated things. Remember, she said she only wanted to live simple by counting from 5 to 6 only. The other one, Anchor Lee, wanted to hold on tight and he was actually the only one able to do it. But to do it alone was too heavy on him. That’s why he didn’t go after her when she broke up with him. He wanted her to tell him that she would keep him, and actually do it. But he knew that she couldn’t. And he didn’t stop her. It made both of them doubt their love. These two couldn’t show their love as a whole to each other. They allowed it to be divided and conquered by others, and even by their own insecurity and fears.

This is why both ended up in regret. It took two years of yearning and countless thoughts for them to realize that they should have stayed firm on their grounds. Anchor Lee regretted not telling her to stay, not running after her and telling her they would overcome it together so they can be happy. HJ regretted leaving Anchor Lee all alone to handle everything. Both of them know their wrongs but it took two years to admit it personally. And because they finally realized it and even realized that they still love each other (they didn’t even need to fall in love again), they held onto their love like they should have second time around. 

Notice that now, after 2 years, they are focusing on the “us” and not the “you” and “i”. Before, it was either one way or the other, or ‘us’ for one person but not the other. They have finally figured out what they should have just done 2 years ago. HJ also told Anchor Lee “I am not afraid anymore. I should have just relied on you before.” And Anchor Lee also stated to her, “Am I not that reliable. Are you ready?” See. Now these two are finally in sync together! This is why they can finally walk with their heads up when faced with the complications together. Now when they say they won’t say goodbye anymore, they meant it. Both realized that they didn’t hold onto each other tight enough. And now, that’s exactly what they are doing. They are no longer playing the noble idiocy route which caused the break up too. They are finally counting on each other and going through it together.

I also believe this: two years ago, HJ wouldn’t have been able to do it at all. She is kind of like the person who can talk but is afraid to walk, too. Inside, she is too weak to the society’s criticism. And her public image was also a top priority. So she didn’t know how to balance her happiness. She couldn’t handle it. And she couldn’t handle its effect. Anchor Lee was able to handle it: he was stronger than HJ. But he couldn’t do it alone. He couldn’t handle another heartbreak alone. It wasn’t right or fair to him, but I have to admit that he was also afraid to really ‘let go’. This can also be why these two didn’t defend themselves when society bash their dating status. They felt like it was something too hard to let go, so they will let time do it for them. Time didn’t heal their supposingly scandal (what scandal? That’s what I am thinking but this was the writer’s choice) because people still remember it even from two years ago. But time did allow them to think and give another chance to heal. This time, HJ told Anchor Lee: “I finally realized what my top priority is.”  Him and her love. She is even willing to give up her US movie if he asked her too. She wouldn’t have been able to do that two years ago. Actually, it’s also why she left. She couldn’t leave her movies behind. She felt she had to choose. And she chose what made her feel safer and a much easier way out: 

HJ, two years ago, just wanted everything simple. She was willing to love and declare that she would protect it. But when push come to shove, she also cowered. She was insecure. She loves Anchor Lee wholeheartedly but she couldn’t do it unconditionally. It was too hard on her. Anchor Lee loved her unconditionally but it was too much to love her wholeheartedly if she wasn’t ready to take the leap with him. 

But two years later, after they had time to think it over, and wait for each other, even as their lives continued, they still thought of each other, of the “what ifs and whys and i am sorry”. These two never stopped loving each other. That’s why they met coincidently 3 times. It wasn’t to show that they were meant to be (yes they believe it was) but as some of us noticed, it was meant to let us know that finally their love will “GO”. During the accident scene when they came face to face, the red light turned green. This was their chance to go again for each other. And when these two admitted their regrets and their apologies, it was clear that it took the time they were separated to realize all this sincerely. That’s why when they got back together, they made sure to not repeat the same mistakes. They were finally ready to be in love, together. They can now project their love confidently to those around them (to Anchor Lee’s dad and his momand to Yeong). I don’t even think they admitted to the press that they are dating. They simply showed it through gestures and their heads held high, hand in hand. 

also, notice that at the end, HJ didn’t use her same motto like Yeong from the beginning: “I want to live just by counting to 5 or 6, so that I can finish using my two thumbs to count” No. She replied by saying she wanted to be remembered and love daily, and to be loved in this place. She said this while smiling towards the man she loves. And he understood her completely. HJ has finally become a woman who can think on her own and keep what she truly wants by her side. These two finally learned to love wholeheartedly and unconditionally. This, guys, is the real healing of two hearts.

Overall, this drama definitely had its flaws. Not perfect. Some arcs were dragged and some were way too late into the story that it made no sense. But in the sense of this love story, it is so memorable to me! I love HJ and Anchor Lee! The osts were amazing! Heartstrings were pulled. I cried. I even smiled with the characters, and I felt scared at times too. If a drama can make me feel like this, it’s a worthy list on my drama favorites! 

:wub:

So i totally agree with you. The past HJ was still tied to Yeong even if her memories was in part lost! That quote was a bestfriends code as they decided to live in the same way! I think that if plot was different and Yeong didn't die, Anchornim could fell in love with HJ after some time! I'm 100% sure that he would left Yeong for Ha Jin! I know that the story of his first love was touching but Yeong didn't fit Anchornim personality in adult character! They had same interests in early days and liked each others but HJ personality instead was in totally contrast with them and in particular with Anchornim personality. She was bright, cheerful and lovely!  Exactly what a man like him needed in a woman! Two people in contrast but they came to love each other because opposites do attract!!B)

This drama was one of the most that made me felt angry for a couple of situations. Unnecessary scenes are always there but i liked the pairing the most because i cried with them i've felt joy with them and i'm dead with their makeout session!:wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

@vangsweetie637 what a beautiful explanation from you! yes, this time for sure they wont breakup anymore. i'll just think the question JH was going to ask her is a proposal! haha 

im having a hard time let this couple go. cant really digest a new drama:sweatingbullets:

oh, and the drama ost are beautiful. the lyrics especially. it matched so well with our OTP:wub:. my fave is One Day - Solji. i start to cry whenever this plays in BGM, since mostly r sad scene. but for the lyrics, While The Memory Falls Asleep is superbbbbb. it really tells how JH heart towards HJ. do read the lyrics guys!

• Like 5
  • Love 2