[Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법

0ly40

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I don't normally gush but they can't get any closer than that. The last time I see such positions are when the couples annouce their engagement or something like that.

I understand the huge age gap I do. I understand it's all good acting. But darn it they look good together. I am watching 5 airing dramas and this has one of the most nonsensical plot. But ended being the most logical narrative- wise to follow. Then having the effing- cute squashable main couple. If you have seen my scratching posts on the other forums you would not believe the coo- ing me that is happening now.

This is indeed a first. I have "read" you around for a long time, but I don't remember a similar reaction. :) 

I was quite confused as I saw the picture without reading anything about the context, so I first wondered if it was from the drama (because of the closeness). It turns out it wasn't... :D Actually, I didn't want to watch the drama as I am not a melo fan and this is one of the premises I hate the most, but I started watching it because of Kim Dong Wook. I don't regret it (not because of Kim Dong Wook, but because of the drama itself).

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

This is indeed a first. I have "read" you around for a long time, but I don't remember a similar reaction. :) 

I was quite confused as I saw the picture without reading anything about the context, so I first wondered if it was from the drama (because of the closeness). It turns out it wasn't... :D Actually, I didn't want to watch the drama as I am not a melo fan and this is one of the premises I hate the most, but I started watching it because of Kim Dong Wook. I don't regret it (not because of Kim Dong Wook, but because of the drama itself).

I, on the other hand, be attracted by the poster. It's very romantic, i like it, so i watched this dramma.:sweatingbullets:

Edited by 람 응 옥니
  • Like 4

Lol I do like quite a few dramas. If you deconstruct the elements of this drama it shouldn't work. But it does.

Like for instance it has the standard cliche. Opposites attracting. And opposite circumstances as per Kdrama norm. The male cannot forget. The female has forgotten. 

The male is older. Much older; the female is younger. There are no love triangles. There is no interfering family members. The female lead is actually likable and has some street smarts or morals. Sad to say there are a lot of female leads who suddenly seem to dribble out their brain cells when they fall in love. The male lead is not your standard 180-185cm male likely go have a shower scene or flash some abs.

It's not a glamorous profession set up. He is not a genius doctor/ engineer/ chef/ physicist/ CEO/chaebol/ first son/ sunbae etc. There are no ex hanging around SY doesn't actually hang around that often in the flashbacks. There are no copious drunken scenes full of whiskey shots/ soju bottles/ vomiting leads/ piggybacks/ beer bottles outside a 7-11, CU 25 etc.

Didn't spot much PPL. Lots of night time scenes- could have been too dark and broody.

See? Deconstruct all these elements and we could have had a terrible drama. But it ends up just right. Pacing not too fast not too slow.

Main leads gel together and are natural together. Scene transitions are quite smooth. Not too many extra irritating side plots. Secondary casts are nice. Clothing is fine- you sometime get inappropriate dressing or ridiculous accessories.

So there you go. Why I like it. The elements just meld together to just the right proportions. It's not like epic perfect drama proportions but for a opposite attract,  tragic history, amnesia and murderous stalker plot drama it's not too shabby.  It is almost makjang but the writer just steers clear of it. And there is no OTT moments.

Lol. And the fact that the female lead is really likable and the male lead really believable. Those 2 sell their relationships.

And NO PPL. Well not Subway at least.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I know right? I don't usually like both parties of a love line equality in other dramas. They are nice people.

Crap happens in life. There is no need to go all evil or broody over it. She lost her memories and treasures what she has and values it. And I really, really hate the dramas where they make the female lead totally clueless financially. I am kinda relieved actually she is doing ok as an actress. Whew. It is always a drag watching a blackmailed bankrupt on screen. And love is the one thing that makes them live for God's sake.

I like the shower scene like anyone else but it's totally. Totally refreshing to come onto a drama where no one is perpetually gushing " oppa" and commenting on the 6 packs. The male anchor is just quietly going about his life doing his job. Being a news anchor. No ex- wife or no backstabbing politics like in hospital dramas. No evil chaebol coming or breathing  down his neck.

What an absolute relief just to watch a drama do its thing. Sell the story. Give rhe characters depth. Choose a good cast. And let the PD do his job and the writer not change plots driven by ratings.

And yeah I do really like his voice and her voice is unique. And instead of gushing over the male lead and I do like his looks, this time I am envious of her looks. Now a lot of Korean actresses are good looking natural or not. But her body proportions are so good. And she is not scrawny skinny even though she is tall and willowly.

Ok. Done. Dinner is ready. So my gushing stops. And I will stay up for spoilers.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, rukizie said:

OUR OTP DID A SPECIAL INTERVIEW AND I SWEAR THEY LOOK SO EFFING CUTE 

i think KDW is more reserved, being the sunbae here to MGY.. as for her, she is bursting with vibrance like a youthful adult at her peak brimming with positive vibes!

i must admit, being young is priceless.. the youth, the energy.. :w00t:

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

The male is older. Much older; the female is younger. There are no love triangles. There is no interfering family members. The female lead is actually likable and has some street smarts or morals. Sad to say there are a lot of female leads who suddenly seem to dribble out their brain cells when they fall in love. The male lead is not your standard 180-185cm male likely go have a shower scene or flash some abs.

totally agree on the love triangle! and no estranged family politics (ok, maybe TE and his dad).. just a sick psycho whom should be flicked off soon. hahaha shower scenes remind me of MANY KDRAMAS  lately.. oops!

yellow ribbon to remember sewol ferry sinking incident..

the way she looks at him is full of admirations :wub:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, jelly said:

While we are waiting for the next episode to drop, here is some KDW goodness. Before Find Me In Your Memory, Radiant Office was one of the shows to showcase his "sexy teddy bear appeal" lol.

Aww thanks I absoutely loved Radiant Office drama & I remember seeing KDW for the 1st time even my mom was fangirling. You know je has his special charm! B)

@rukizie @sadthe1st Thanks 4 sharing the new MBC vid with Giokki Couple. This made my day and gosh the cuteness level is no joke! And they seem to be so comfortable with each other even tho KDW sounds as a reserved guy.  :wub:

Excited to see Yangpa as a guest also what a voice! Finally tonight they will air the episode. :D

• Like 7

So the old stalker in the past really called him. After he disconnected the call, JH hid the call from HJ when she asked who’s the caller and saying it was from work.  She couldn’t sleep so JH accompany her whilst they both were talking about hobby, favourite and others.  Lol, IK and HK really bickering each other and HK already attached on his charm, he even tied her hair whilst they watched horror movie. Next morning, JH looks tired because he didn’t sleep at all and drop HJ to hospital meanwhile who’s sick here LMAO, IK slept in patient ward meanwhile HK slept on couch and dropped an act after they spent night so HJ and JH didn’t know they spent the night. JH asked IK to drop them and accompany after HK being charged from hospital. JH is in asylum to meet the old stalker. JH is really mad when he knows the stalker didn't even know who's the stalker because he got the letter and information from letter.  He asked JH, you don't feel sorry for what you have done to SY and now you're with that girl, don't you feel sorry about her and imagine what would her  say when she knows you like her friend.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

the old stalker made JH really mad and he even said so easily, do you know who's the crazy right now, how about we change the position meanwhile JH already in raged. The president of her agency told HJ so they could expose the news to media and both of Yeo’s siblings agreed. JH is in really conflict after the old stalker saying. He felt conflicted and guilty about it even after HJ called him whereabout and even said to her, that he couldn’t stay beside her because of he has a lot of things to do. He lied to her because of the old stalker’s saying made him in conflict. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

The news is out and many people were standing in front of her house. HK dropped the suspect of the stalker and the proof about the photos to the police. JH’s senior was surprised to read the news whilst she called JH to talk about HJ’s stalker and he said it was weird to see the stalker only point out on HJ and JH. Reporter Park hid the proof and fled from the police. He was worried about his status and received an email from JH. JH threat Reporter Park to give up before he expose the voice recorder he recorded in news live tonight.  END FOR PART 1

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

HK is in radio station and being interviewed as well meanwhile HJ and The President really worried about the news. HJ being questioned by the radio DJ about the stalker issue as well and HJ told her fans for not worrying about her.  So JH’s senior are really fans of HJ lols . JH please don’t ignore her too long. 

Oh Lord, TE’s father really made JH as his research so he even asked about his condition and progress even the record of JH’s convo with TE. WHAT A MONSTER IS HE !

TE’s father asked about JH’s convo with TE and asked TE about HJ and they related each other. TE is suspicious about it and ask his father wether he asked that he is worried about JH or he has another motive. 

Reporter Park and Chul being asked by the police and detective along with Director Ji. They told HJ and HK about the condition of the stalker might be coming from the closest one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

if i am not mistaken, the police asked director JI about the motorbike he had. and tomorrow is HJ's birthday and she got many birthday gift from her fans but when she asked about what would she want for her birthday. OF COURSE LEE JUNG HOON ! WHO ELSE :joy:

TE called JH and asked him about HJ and looks like JH will ignore her. He really fell in love with her but adamantly denied it. He's in conflict meanwhile his past ghosted him. 

He is stoic again. reject her text and it makes me worried :( 

for people who asked who has the other photo of SY and HJ, it;'s JH.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5