[Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법

0ly40

Spoiler

KDW actually forgot to look at the camera & even after NG he is holding hands with MGY asking to the directornim where was the camera he can't see so the staff laughed. It was cute & funny at the same time so wanted to share with you. B)

They better win the Best Couple MBC Award! 

Credit goes to it's uploader. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, Beautilife said:

You're right. Thanks for making me think twice. I will keep your words. :)

I think your positive response to @thistle’s point is laudable. :D Not everyone would react this way. I’m sure @thistle would agree as well.

I just finished watching the episode and I certainly hope/wish South Korea has patient privacy laws. It’s kind of outrageous to me that the doctor actually provided such clear information about the subject of his work. Any reporter could do the research and find out it’s JH. I’m trying not to have too much feelings about this because I can pretty much guess that by the end of the drama that doctor won’t pay a price. 

As to Tae Eun, he seems so emotionally invested in HJ’s case. Anyway, I don’t see how they expect that HJ will never regain those memories. Technically it’s not JH who is triggering her memories. Circumstances and incidents are the catalysts that are awakening her memories. 

Regarding HJ blaming herself, right now I just think it’s one of those situations where a character thinks that if only he/she did this or that then such and such bad thing would not have happened. 

I like what JH and HJ discussed at the news desk when he said he found the script unrealistic. HJ said she think those things can happen in real life where it proves two people were meant to be together. Kind of like the Japanese red string of destiny, I guess.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, celebrianna said:

the fact that JH doesn’t have memories of HJ always made me feel that HJ must have seen him from a distance and fell for him. Maybe he used to be in the vicinity of their ballet classroom.

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

HJ got hurt in an accident and could no longer do ballet. Hence SY felt guilty and in order to make her happy, she decided to find HJ's first love (remember that they exchanged their diary). I guess, HJ had to do some rehab. So SY discovered him and decided to act as HJ for a while until HJ had recovered hence she mentioned things that HJ would like and would say.

I don't think HJ has known or met JH before. My thought is, the scriptwriter wants to bring out the message that love can heal and help ones move on from difficult past, so the "first love" theory feels a bit irrelevant here. It seems to me SY was merely missing the days with her friend too much, as to share a lot about HJ to JH. The occasion when SY and JH first met looks completely coincidental to me too.

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I just finished watching the episode and I certainly hope/wish South Korea has patient privacy laws. It’s kind of outrageous to me that the doctor actually provided such clear information about the subject of his work. Any reporter could do the research and find out it’s JH. I’m trying not to have too much feelings about this because I can pretty much guess that by the end of the drama that doctor won’t pay a price. 

As to Tae Eun, he seems so emotionally invested in HJ’s case. Anyway, I don’t see how they expect that HJ will never regain those memories. Technically it’s not JH who is triggering her memories. Circumstances and incidents are the catalysts that are awakening her memories. 

• I did a little digging and found there should already be a relevant privacy law in place??http://elaw.klri.re.kr/eng_mobile/viewer.do?hseq=21627&type=part&key=36
  • For Tae Eun, I think he was too guilt-ridden with HJ's sleeping pill incident and afraid that it would happen again, that his professional judgement was deeply affected. Someone in this thread speculated that TE might fall in love with HJ during therapy sessions, but for me it looks more like he's feeling sorry rather than any hint of romance.

===

@baiqian l do agree there're some plotlines that should be better written in episode 10 [or 19-20], eg. how dumb the police and how careless the security guards could be? Why JH would need to go the his workplace in person, and explain to News Head lady in person that he would need to take leave for a night, when a phone call will do? And for the stalker plotline, I felt it has been dragged for a bit too long and the reveal of the stalker bore no surprise at all [if you like to solve some good mysteries, I would recommend you watch another MBC drama currently on air, 365: One Year Against Destiny]. But if you looked through the other episodes more thoroughly, HJ was actually not that dumb and definitely not your average damsel in distress. It was merely that her family wanted to protect her from recalling suicidal memories that they played down the stalker's threats.

On a lighter note, I would like to share the moments that I chuckled in this week's episodes:

• the scene when HJ's descending from the staircase with Moon River music :blush:
  • the cool News Head lying on sofa and talked to JH while being temporily suspended; and the kick her husband gave to his collegue!
  • the way HK video-bombed the call between HJ & JH [and the all-too-obvious placement ad of that new samsung folding phone]

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

hahaha when u’re madly in love.. u abandon all the stoic and serious image at that very instance when ur girlfriend asked u to pout to the camera :lol:

and i love this:-

Ha-Ha sisters.. hahahahaha :D

OH YEAH, she finally has a couple pic on her IG!!

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

I am sorry to bust your imagination, but here it is...

oh mine :D:blink: ... i didn't watch Special Labour Inspector. Saw a few clips of it here and there. Get the impression that his character there is quite different from LJH ... and i think he lost weight here as Anchor, more handsome now :wub: ...i remember watching him on Happy Together and he said he loves to exercise and work out. but he is not showing any of his muscles wearing all the long sleeve shirts

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

Hi everyone. Here is my theory about HJ & SY. But it's just "MY" opinion okay? :D

I think they had a misunderstanding. Seems like HJ blamed SY for her accident. Bcs of it she can't do ballet right? Maybe HJ said a mean word to SY that cause them to avoiding each other. And SY also blamed herself for that accident. I didn't really agree about JH - HJ first love thing. I personally didn't think the writer will write that far. We can see it from the stalker case. She gave us a lot of tense hint/scene but in the end it was Director Ji and that problem solved quickly. From that I start to think simple about this HJ-SY thing.

Once HJ regain her memories she absolutely will push JH away. Obviously she will feel a lot of pain or even worst bcs she's in love with her best friend's boyfriend. In this case all she needs is just Lee Jung Hoon alone. Why? Bcs he's the one that can clear their misunderstanding. SY certainly told JH about all her guilty feelings for HJ. 

And about HJ-JH relationship. They need to face this SY thing together in order to start a new chapter. With or without JH,HJ will regains her memories. And with or without HJ involvement in SY death,JH will stay by her side no matter what. They need to heal together. They absolutely just need each other for healing :bawling: 

In the end I hope that HJ asked JH not to forget about SY. They're the person that loves SY just like SY loves them. I would prefer that we will get a scene where HJ&JH talk about SY freely without feeling guilty or hurt. SY will always be in their heart :wub:

• Like 14
  • Insightful 1

oooh let me squeal about how romantic this week's episodes were. :wub: kekeke... the date as well as the kisses were really sweet. am normally not the squeal type but I enjoyed them as there was high emotional intimacy, intent and relationship movement in these scenes.

so would agree with many that the first light birthday kiss was super sweet. she has been very honest and open about her feelings and so it was almost like she in this journey alone by herself. she didn't assume that his attention towards her were more than kindness. so rather realistically, she is nervous and sad that their journey may be ending. his kiss was like starting the engine on their romantic journey. it was about showing her that she wasn't alone in feeling those romantic hearts and he was taking the step towards her. he is not impulsive by nature and neither was the kiss driven by emotional overdrive -- instead it was action where he is showing his intent towards her. loved her smile as she understands what he is saying with the kiss and we can see her understand the implications of what it means and how he feels towards her.

loved that once he has decided that he is indeed serious about her, there is almost no hesitation within him. even when the doctor asks the question about seo yeon, he is not budging from how he feels. she makes him happy and he doesn't want to live in regret and what ifs. so he is embracing the journey together wholeheartedly. this attitude shows in their first date where he doesn't mind that they will be walking in public together openly. instead of hiding, they are walking around hands linked and enjoying the wind and view like a normal couple -- it signals really strong intent especially as she is a celeb -- this isn't a play relationship. they are indeed very serious about each other and their future together.

• Like 17
  • Love 2

Another comment from youtube preview and i agree with her :phew:. Credit to Ina Marlina

After watching the preview I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I feel like something must've happened between the two ladies before Yeong died (other than the bike accident), for Ha Jin to feel this heavy sense of guilt that seems beyond just the inability to save her friiend I think is that Ha Jin knew Anchor Lee from back then and had a secret crush on him, because in (early episode ) that hajin said " her first love in ballet class " and I have feeling that they meet before and hajin have crush on him. but Yeong got him first, so she had to give him up, which explains why Yeong had told Anchor Lee that she hasn't been meeting Ha Jin as often as last time (early episodes) and also explains why Anchor Lee has never met Ha Jin despite being Yeong's best friend. And also I think Ha Jin knew of Yeong's stalker early on but didn't do anything about it which then explains the amount of guilt. Honestly though, idk anymore , imean let them be happy for once, they've been through so much! Please writer nim. My ship just sailing I want more romance between hajin and anchor lee they are so cute together

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

i’m hoping for a milder kind of guilt and regrets for the 2 girls.. :sweatingbullets: so that it doesn’t lead to some impossible continuation for HJ with JH..

lets assume that HJ was much better at ballet and being selected for an overseas exchange program but SY was not chosen, thats why she stayed in Korea and continued hard with her ballet practices.. when HJ came back from overseas and went to meet up with SY thats when the motorbike accident occurred and it ruined HJ’s ballet career path.. cos of that SY was picked as the next best ballerina to replace HJ in some major performance.. for that, HJ could have said some hurtful words to SY.. :phew:

does this work? hahaha

ok adding IG post.. the very good soju drinker who thinks height will contribute to different martial leagues..

love the last photo in this, totally awesome!! :wub:

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

I don’t understand why the egotistical doctor feels that JH can’t love again. Yes he has “living” memories of SY but he’s not “living” those memories of SY daily. It looks like the memories are there but are mostly triggered by similar circumstances that he experienced with SY. He just needs to make new memories with HJ and continue pursuing his own happiness because the living must go on living. That doctor seriously annoys me because he’s trying to meddle in JH’s life and treats him like a lab specimen. <_< 

HJ needs to get back her memories. Hopefully she’s stronger now so she’ll be able to get through the matters she needs to face. 

I was also impressed with HJ’s overall outward calmness and soundness of mind during her captivity. I like when she told JH that they need to get out of the villa ASAP but he assured her that he locked the stalker up in the garage. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

@Ameera Ali oh darn. Its ok. I am starting a Cdrama for the 5th time or more. Told you all my airing dramas have disappointed me. 

I revise my opinions. If the writer does the big reveal in episode 12. Then separate  till ep 15 then I would say it's cliched but one has to see the execution.

Also, real life is actually so busy this week and for next 2 weeks don't even have time to stress over this drama. I wanted to watch a romance drama so going to rewatch Boss and Me for like the 5th time.

The one thing that struck me about episode 11. The cherry blossoms. I am getting my dramas mixed up. I swear I saw green leaves amongst the blossoms in the Mon- Tue drama. But this drama has the full on cherry blossoms blooming scene. It's the 24th April right? Do you think that we will all be travelling again this time next year? I feel like visiting Seoul in spring next year looking at the cherry blossoms.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2

13 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

I am sorry to bust your imagination, but here it is...

I laughed so hard! :lol: Thank you for that. <_<

I don’t understand why the egotistical doctor feels that JH can’t love again.

Dr. Dad has an agenda.  He expects to make money off of his association with JH (because of that book deal Dr. Dad has going), and for that he needs JH to fulfill the expectations that Dr. Dad as a psychologist.  If JH lives a happy life, then Dr. Dad's theories about his extraordinarily unusual patient (the only one in Korea) will go down the drain and he will be a laughing stock.  But if Dr. Dad can drive JH to some kind of meltdown, then maybe his book will be a bestseller. 

I found it rather worrying when TE mentioned that JH had undergone hypnosis with Dr. Dad.  Earlier I came up with a theory (some of which turned out to be wrong) involving Dr. Dad and a possible plan to take JH down, and I still think he might be trying that.

1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

1. I still can’t get it how can director ji entering JH’e apartment and take SY-HJ pict

I couldn't get that either, and it seemed like a plot hole.

• Like 8
  • Naughty 1
  • Insightful 1

I don’t understand why the egotistical doctor feels that JH can’t love again. Yes he has “living” memories of SY but he’s not “living” those memories of SY daily. It looks like the memories are there but are mostly triggered by similar circumstances that he experienced with SY. He just needs to make new memories with HJ and continue pursuing his own happiness because the living must go on living. That doctor seriously annoys me because he’s trying to meddle in JH’s life and treats him like a lab specimen. <_< 

like @thistle already mentioned, the doctor doesn't want to be proved his theory that jeong hoon cannot be a functional human being is wrong. I wasn't surprised by the question but rather the intent. so with those who experienced loss of a loved one, other people can wonder if they can indeed move on.

one of my favourite romance novels have dealt with this question -- the struggle against love is how to let this new person in and what that means for the old relationship, how to accept and let go. these are heavy duty themes. in the book, the guy character said something poignant - he said the person I was no longer exists but the person I am today is because of her (wife who passed away) and the role she played in my life and that road has also led me to you; part of letting go is accepting that this new love will look and feel different and the dynamics will not be the same -- even though it was years ago and just a regular paperback romance, thought this theme was so well-written. the book also showed how others in the family react to a new member and struggle to see the son-in-law move on with someone new. 

from that perspective, felt the question was absolutely valid but then doctor turns out to be a user who is only interested in fame and using his patients. ugh! <_<

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

1. I still can’t get it how can director ji entering JH’e apartment and take SY-HJ pict

he crazy but He desperate now because  he got a problem , his real life celebrity book could goes in smoke , because his book wouldn’t be number 1 best selling, if oppa move on in his life & start relationship because he can’t say his name & people wouldn’t be a able to gussied who he talking about in his book .

15877503551587750337.gif

15877508071587750792.gif

15877493241587749308.gif

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

@thistle @LmanglaYour insights into the doctor make a lot of sense. It also confirms my opinion that he’s a lousy doctor. Undoubtedly JH’s case is extraordinary and fascinating but I feel a good doctor would observe the patient and not try to fit that patient into his imagination or theories. 

@Ameera Ali, let’s hope his book flops spectacularly. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4