[Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법

0ly40

SF9’s Rowoon And Moon Ga Young Have A Secret Rendezvous In Upcoming Drama “Find Me In Your Memory”

0d8141b7f0d24e059ee85b6eb5a5e31d.jpeg?s=

SF9’s Rowoon will be making a special appearance on MBC’s upcoming drama “Find Me in Your Memory”!

“Find Me in Your Memory” is a love story between two people with similar emotional scars whose memories work in opposite ways. Kim Dong Wook will star as Lee Jung Hoon, a news anchor with hyperthymesia (a condition that gives people the ability to remember an abnormally vast amount of their life experiences in vivid detail). Meanwhile, Moon Ga Young will play rising star Yeo Ha Jin, a famous actress who has forgotten some of the most important moments in her life as a psychological defense mechanism.

Rowoon will be making a cameo in the drama as a member of a top idol group. In the newly revealed stills, Rowoon is showcasing his stunning visuals in his all-black attire. Despite his natural look, he still looks stylish in the casual outfit and makes viewers’ hearts flutter with his gentle and sweet smile.

In the photos, Yeo Ha Jin is checking her surroundings from the car by using the side mirrors, hinting that she and Rowoon are meeting in secret—especially since she is also hiding her face with a mask. The two appear to be enjoying a drive together, making viewers curious about the relationship between trendsetter Yeo Ha Jin and top idol Rowoon.

Rowoon-1.jpg

The production team shared, “We want to deliver our thanks to Rowoon for making a special appearance on ‘Find Me in Your Memory’ without hesitation. Rowoon’s existence alone brought warm smiles [to the people on set]. We created one of the best scenes that will make [viewers] smile the entire time they’re watching. Please look forward to the broadcast in which his extraordinary presence will be revealed.”

“Find Me in Your Memory” premieres on March 18 at 8:55 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki

4 Things To Watch For As “Find Me In Your Memory” Gears Up For Its Premierea3b2d0ca0338499f80c52df524d88e41.jpeg?s=

MBC’s new drama “Find Me in Your Memory” is ready to greet viewers tonight!

“Find Me in Your Memory” will be a love story between Lee Jung Hoon (Kim Dong Wook) a news anchor with hyperthymesia (a condition that gives people the ability to remember an abnormally vast amount of their life experiences in vivid detail) and Yeo Ha Jin (Moon Ga Young), a rising actress who has forgotten some of the most important moments in her life as a psychological defense mechanism. Here are four things to watch for as the drama begins.

“Hyperthymesia anchor” Kim Dong Wook and “Issue maker actress” Moon Ga Young meet

Kim Dong Wook will play the role of Lee Jung Hoon, a news anchor with hyperthymesia, while Moon Ga Young takes on the role of Yeo Ha Jin, a famous actress always making the headlines. He will transform into a cold and intellectual character and she will be a confident person who doesn’t care what others think and has a lovely charm you can’t help but love. These two completely opposite characters are sure to create a fun story to follow with the synergy they share.

“Dependable” Kim Yoon Joo and “Detailed directing” Oh Hyun Jong

Screenwriter Kim Yoon Joo and director Oh Hyun Jong are coming together. The screenwriter has co-written dramas like “Queen Inhyun’s Man” and “Nine,” and also wrote “20 Years Old” and “Dual,” which were loved by viewers. Joining her is director Oh Hyun Jong, who worked on “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” and “Two Cops,” and the pair hope to captivate viewers with their work.

Yoon Jong Hoon – Kim Seul Gi  Lee Joo Bin to Jang Young Nam – Lee Seung Joon – UP10TION’s Lee Jin Hyuk

A cast of talented actors are ready to great viewers. Kim Dong Wook and Moon Ga Young will be joined by Yoon Jong Hoon playing the charming psychiatrist Yoo Tae Eun, Kim Seul Gi playing Moon Ga Young’s manager and younger sister Yeo Ha Kyung, and Lee Joo Bin playing Lee Jung Hoon’s first love Jung Seo Yeon. Jang Young Nam is the news director Choi Hee Sang, Lee Seung Joon is team leader Kim Cheol Woong, and Lee Jin Hyuk takes on the role of newbie reporter Jo Il Kwon. They are also joined by Kim Chang Wan as Yoo Sung Hyuk and Gil Hae Yeon as Seo Mi Hyun to play realistic characters to draw viewers in.

The heartwarming romance between a man who remembers everything and a woman who tries to forget everything

The keyword to watch for in “Find Me in Your Memory” is “Memory.” Lee Jung Hoon’s hyperthymesia causes him to remember everything, so he must carry the pains of his past in his heart. Meanwhile, Yeo Ha Jin tries to forget her past so that she can move on with her life. The pair will warm people’s hearts as they comfort each other and heal each other’s wounds.

“Find Me in Your Memory” is set to premiere at 8:55 p.m. KST on March 18 and will be available on Viki!

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법 - Wed & Thu @ 20:55 KST - Moon Ga Young & Kim Dong Wook - Premieres TONIGHT

Kim Dong Wook + Moon Ga Young Discuss 13-Year Age Gap; Lee Jin Hyuk On Debut As Actor In “Find Me In Your Memory”

a6e5ef88b7a64f72afed9976f2ae2585.jpeg?s=

On March 18, MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Find Me in Your Memory” held an online press conference with actors Kim Dong Wook, Moon Ga Young, Yoon Jong Hoon, Kim Seul Gi, Lee Joo Bin, UP10TION’s Lee Jin Hyuk, and more.

“Find Me in Your Memory” will be a love story between Lee Jung Hoon (Kim Dong Wook) a news anchor with hyperthymesia (a condition that gives people the ability to remember an abnormally vast amount of their life experiences in vivid detail) and Yeo Ha Jin (Moon Ga Young), a rising actress who has forgotten some of the most important moments in her life as a psychological defense mechanism.

Concerning his new role, Kim Dong Wook said, “Hyperthymesia is not something that has never been addressed. However, this drama is a different because instead of just showing that person’s pain and suffering, it will show how he meets a person who has the opposite pain and how they overcome each of their problems.”

When asked about the challenge of portraying an anchor, the actor admitted, “It really wasn’t easy. I didn’t know [how hard it was] when I watched the news because they were speaking so comfortably, but it was really different when I tried to do it myself.”

Spoiler

kim-dong-wook2.jpg

Regarding her character, Moon Ga Young said, “I wanted to ask the people here if there’s anything similar between Yeo Ha Jin and me. We have the same job, and [that allows us to] show our many sides, so I tried to show my different sides through my fashion style and makeup as well.”  She was asked if she had a strategy for becoming a “queen of romantic comedies,” and she responded, “Rather than having a strategy, I want to show myself as I am at my current age. From now on, I will do my best so that my name itself becomes my strategy.”

Spoiler

moon-ga-young2.jpg

Regarding their 13-year age gap, Moon Ga Young commented, “First off, [Kim Dong Wook] was very reliable. I don’t know how he feels, but I didn’t feel the age gap between us.” To that, he replied, “I’m immature.”

Moon Ga Young continued, “At first, oppa was calm and shy, so I wondered how to get close to him, but he is actually playful. I’m having a lot of fun [filming] right now.” She added, “There were no bloopers when we shot the kiss scene because we had to shoot it very quickly. We filmed it in one try.” Lee Dong Wook then unintentionally gave a spoiler, revealing that he also filmed a kiss scene with Lee Joo Bin.

Spoiler

kim-dong-wook-moon-ga-young1.jpg

Yoon Jong Hoon, who previously worked with Kim Dong Wook in “Riders: Catch Tomorrow,” shared about Kim Dong Wook, “He’s one of the few people I trust and like in my career. I had fun filming [with him] back then, but I think I’m enjoying it even more this time.”

Kim Seul Gi, who plays Moon Ga Young’s sister in the drama, said, “I really adore Moon Ga Young. She’s so cute. Even in real life, we say that we’re sisters a lot. Since we have great chemistry and are having fun filming, I’m looking forward [to how the drama turns out].”

Lee Joo Bin takes the role of a ballerina in the drama, and Kim Dong Wook praised her for being able to pull off high-level techniques. The actress replied, “I heard that there would be a ballet performance scene, so I wanted to do my best, but as the filming date got pushed back, I became more ambitious. Although I’m not able to pull it off perfectly, I wanted to do it as best as I could.”

Spoiler

find-me-in-your-memory-2.jpg

“Find Me in Your Memory” is Lee Jin Hyuk’s first drama, and he revealed, “I was very nervous because it was my first time filming inside a news studio. But with my senior actors’ guidance, I was able to do it well without feeling nervous. Kim Dong Wook gave me advice even before I could ask him. He told me to be myself and be comfortable. This is my first drama, so his words were very helpful. I was so nervous that I couldn’t even show what I had prepared, but he kept drawing out of me [the things I had prepared].”

The idol-turned-actor shared a memorable interaction he had with Kim Dong Wook while filming. He said, “There was a scene where I had to drive a car, but I don’t have a license yet. Kim Dong Wook hyung told me, ‘You don’t have a license? You’re still a baby.’ I’m [in the process of] getting my license now.”

Spoiler

up10tion-lee-jin-hyuk.jpg

Lastly, the cast shared key points to look forward to. Moon Ga Young hinted that viewers should prepare to watch it with beer, while Lee Jin Hyuk said that the romance in this drama is unique and that it would be best to watch while eating chicken. Kim Dong Wook shared, “It is a romance drama, but the development is much faster than you might think. For those of you who have been waiting for the drama or wondering what kind of drama it is, 60 minutes can pass quickly, so it may be too short for you to specially prepare something [to eat] while watching it.”

“Find Me in Your Memory” is set to premiere at 8:55 p.m. KST on March 18 and will be available on Viki!

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법 - Wed & Thu @ 20:55 KST

Yeah me neither. I sighed at the opening scene and the scene with her at the acting set. I think we can already tell that there are going to be a lot of cliches and mediocre writing at best. But for me anyway the main draw for a drama like this is the romance and chemistry between the leads. And we haven't had the chance to see much of that yet. So i think it's a bit early to judge.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Josh Marquez said:

Anyone find the drama interesting? I’m bothered by the age gap honestly and it didn’t help that the guy look way older as well! Contemplating wether to watch this or not. 

Yes, I do find it interesting, and I'm gonna keep watching. 

To be fair, the first half of episode one did Not catch my attention (it was kinda like watching paint dry) but I began to see things in a different  light when the ML exposed that the department store guy was abusing his worker.  But what really changed things up for me was the ML interviewing the FL.  The interaction between them was very good, and I can imagine that there will be a story worth watching there.

I've read comments in several places about the age difference but I don't see any problem with it.   13 years is not that huge.  If it was 20 years or more, maybe I'd wonder about it but it isn't, so it's no big deal.  

19 minutes ago, Fabbo said:

.....But for me anyway the main draw for a drama like this is the romance and chemistry between the leads. And we haven't had the chance to see much of that yet. So i think it's a bit early to judge.

The scene with the leads in the green room and on the interview set showed some real potential and I thought the leads were sparking off each other in a good way.  Seems like some definite chemistry there that I wasn't expecting.  I'm curious about how this will go.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yep. But didn't like that he didn't let her speak in the interview. 

About the age gap. I think their characters in the drama are closer together. He is a few years younger and idk how old she is but considering she is an established actress i assumed she is in her late 20s. But that's probably not the case.

It bothers me mainly on a meta level, from a casting standpoint and view of the industry. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fabbo said:

Yep. But didn't like that he didn't let her speak in the interview. 

But when she did speak, the effect on him was profound.

2 minutes ago, Fabbo said:

It bothers me mainly on a meta level, from a casting standpoint and view of the industry. 

This is a conflict that is of great concern to the current generation; it is valid.  But I'm from a different day, so I am less apt to be tough on stuff like that; but that view has some validity, too--I think that casting is down to an actor's skill rather than a few years difference. 

It's all good.  Gotta have different views so we can learn from one another. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Watched with 1st episode! :wub:

Honesty speaking age gap is not an issue to me. They looks great on screen. In real life is 13 years old different but in drama only 6 years different. LJH is 36yo and YHJ is 30yo. 

I like YHJ happy go lucky character until her sister cant take her too :lol: and  I feel so bad on LJH's memories hope won't make him crazy. 

looking forward tonight new episode! :wub:

@Josh Marquez yes I found is interesting as this is about a men who has hyperthymesia. He remember every seen 6 years old.. Imagine your memories data space 100GB and sometimes you will deleted some memories that you dont like it and replace a new memory in. He cant. He need to extend his data spaces every single day. Mean sooner or later he will be mentality crazy if he dont get advices from  psychological doctor. 

Let's see tonight shall we? ;)

tonight new stills cut 

Edited by Heidi Seow
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

:sweatingbullets: was I the only one who was shocked when it ended?? The whole episode went by fast I did not expect it to end just like that!

A sign of a good show I guess. Hopefully this continues throughout...

and surprisingly I don't feel the age gap as much - she looks quite matured through her fashion, cause I've seen some people talk about the fact that she 'sounds' young/childish but so far I'm liking her character. 

KDW as well - I am just so excited to see him tackle a romantic lead role :wub:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1389049wpp/find-me-in-your-memory-starts-stable-premiere-ratings

“Find Me In Your Memory” Starts Out With Stable Premiere Ratings

Mar 18, 2020
by C. Hong

B1C2690E-EEE4-48EF-8164-1D0420212911.png

The ratings are out for the premiere of MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Find Me in Your Memory!”

“Find Me in Your Memory” tells the love story between Lee Jung Hoon (Kim Dong Wook), a news anchor with hyperthymesia (a condition in which people remember an abnormal amount of their life in extreme detail), and Yeo Ha Jin (Moon Ga Young), a rising actress who has forgotten some of the most important moments in her life.

According to Nielsen Korea, the March 18 premiere episode recorded average nationwide ratings of 3.0 percent in the first half and 4.5 percent in the second half. MBC dramas air an hour earlier than KBS dramas (SBS does not air dramas on Wednesdays and Thursdays), so they are not in direct competition, but 4.5 percent was the highest average rating recorded by any drama that aired on a public broadcast channel on Wednesday night.

In close competition was KBS’s “Forest,” which is nearing its final episode. The March 18 broadcast recorded ratings of 4.3 and 4.2 percent, just a few decimal points behind “Find Me in Your Memory.”

On cable, tvN’s “Memorist” recorded average nationwide ratings of 3.434, similar to last week‘s premiere ratings.

Source (1) (2)

• Like 5

Chemistry between Kim Hye-soo & Ju Ji-hoon works in Hyena despite the12-year age gap, so I learnt not to make any assumptions before watching this drama. Like the performance of the leads and also the supporting cast in news dept and entertainment agency so far in EP1-2.

It's too early to judge if the story is good enough. Hope it would be well-paced in later episodes, and not be boring.

• Like 5

On 3/19/2020 at 5:31 PM, blademan said:

:sweatingbullets: was I the only one who was shocked when it ended?? The whole episode went by fast I did not expect it to end just like that!

A sign of a good show I guess. Hopefully this continues throughout...

and surprisingly I don't feel the age gap as much - she looks quite matured through her fashion, cause I've seen some people talk about the fact that she 'sounds' young/childish but so far I'm liking her character. 

KDW as well - I am just so excited to see him tackle a romantic lead role :wub:

@blademanU not the only one feel shocked when it ended. Like KDW already told us, each ep will end in unexpected. :D  

Moon Ga-young looks great in here, of course mature too. I won't say 'sound' childish actually. More like cheerful happy go lucky person.. Look at the way she agree her movie won't go well part. I cracked badly at that part. 

This is 1st time Im seeing KDW in romance drama and yes! I super excited. :wub:

On 3/19/2020 at 9:11 PM, Lawyerh said:

Extra note. The title is Find Me in Your Memory, could it be he might had met her somewhere before, but he forgotten her, despite his super memory? 

Oh good point @Lawyerh :w00t: that might explain the title well! Let's find it out shall we? 

So they gonna be date for 2 weeks.. What is YHJ's move and can LJH can handle it? 

Preview ep5,6

KDW & LJH's making filming 

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Love 1