[Drama 2019-2020] Black Dog, 블랙독

larus

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They started filming in Aug last year and yet they only finished filming the last episode yesterday? Last night's episode 15 was so good and relatable. It certainly deserves higher rating. When I see them complaining about their performance based bonus, I also did that almost every year last time. I like the story of Hwang Bo Tong (this boy's looks resembles abit like LMK), not many dropout students think and behave like him. I like that they eventually discontinued lcarus through voting among the teachers and students, so fair and square.

Lastly since BD is ending, this new scriptwriter got potential, the pace is like Mr Ajusshi and Misaeng. It's a pity if people don't like the genre and write off this drama. 

I'm glad they had a small gathering! 

I enjoyed the last episode like another episodes of Black Dog. This drama is truly a gem.

So moments I enjoyed: 

• Teacher Bae Myung Soo shipping Yeon Woo and Ha Neul and telling them to speak informally :D
  • Ha Neul starts working in a new school and sees a familiar face!!! :heart:
  • The reunion of the original College Advisory Group in the last scene!!! And then Park Sung Soon jokes that Yeon Woo's acting improved hahaha  

Ha Neul inspires me to continue working hard. I studied and got a degree in fine arts, but I'm working towards an education career now. Because I will be focusing on my career, Black Dog is my last kdrama for now. (I skim and scan through Crash Landing on You, but I'm going to drop it.)

Wherever you are, I wish you luck chingus (:

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019-2020] Black Dog, 블랙독

Good luck @ponderings! What a kdrama to inspire you as you move forwards in your education career. I'm currently taking a little sabbatical from my field which is similar to teaching and this drama has definitely given me a different perspective too. 

:bawling: <- pretty much my face through the entirety of the episode. What a pair of episodes. I was secretly hoping Go Sky would transform into SungSoon a la Beauty Inside (or really the other way around) but the ending was beautiful. Lady Song leaving and telling Go Sky to not feel guilty anymore was heartbreaking. I wonder how much of that residual guilt actually influenced her into the teaching career. I'm glad that SungSoon set up the group for when she left especially given what richard simmons the principal and the School Administration lady were. Seeing Ji-Sun :tears::tears: ah so many moments - I can't list them all. Go Sky, what a beautiful, rare, inspiring character and thank you to SHJ who admirably brought her to our tv screens. May we all be so lucky. 

Ratings were solid for TVN and Black Dog. Final episode was about 4.7%. I hope this drama gets some consideration for awards...especially SHJ and RMR. 

So in the end she didn't get hired at Daechi even though it was her top choice and she's been working there with great reviews?

must be some sort of joke high school then even tho the vice principal said they wanted to prevent good teachers from leaving

6 hours ago, Neunji said:

So in the end she didn't get hired at Daechi even though it was her top choice and she's been working there with great reviews?

must be some sort of joke high school then even tho the vice principal said they wanted to prevent good teachers from leaving

She wrote the teacher cert exam for the public school system. Daechi was her second choice. She ranked high enough to go into the public school system. She would have returned to Daechi if she didn't do well.

RMR's new movie is out next week, was hoping for a BD reunion given no wrap party at the VIP Premiere but I don't know if that has happened/is happening lol.

A goodbye via her agency. ^^She sounds like she got a little cold. 

1 hour ago, randomthotz said:

She wrote the teacher cert exam for the public school system. Daechi was her second choice. She ranked high enough to go into the public school system. She would have returned to Daechi if she didn't do well.

RMR's new movie is out next week, was hoping for a BD reunion given no wrap party at the VIP Premiere but I don't know if that has happened/is happening lol.

So she get permanent teacher position on the public school, that’s great. I’m surprised that Daechi school was written as private school, i thought it was public school. 

I don’t know how the education system and how important high school diploma are in Korea, so i don’t know whether HBT dropped from high school was a lost for him. But since he said he planned to study webtoon, i think it’s good for him focused on learning his interest

School isn't for everyone as was the case with Bo Tong. Well at least he found something he enjoyed. I'm glad he didn't turn wayward as that happens quite commonly with school dropouts. He's a decent kid. I had hoped Teacher Ko Sky stayed on at Daechi but (sighs) it's for the best.

As usual whenever a drama nears the end a character disappears to a foreign country LoL. I can understand why Ms. Park decided to do it as it'd be unfair to her husband who put his dreams on the backburner for her to do her job. That's what makes marriages work - compromise.

Although Vietnam for English? Really LoL. Oh I've shipped Yeon Woo &  Ha Neul from ep.01 so it's funny Myung Soo suggests they date ha-ha! They're supposedly the same age too. 

While the drama was doom in its execution & its dark tones , I find the story very human? It's gritty but honest at the same time. I loved how Ha Neul's style evolved throughout the drama as well. She looked confident & chic. 

Well folks as always it has been fun. Though this thread is sort of dead LoL. Take care, until the next drama thread. Ciao.    

That was so satisfying, that ending. I really enjoyed that show because it felt so real, having witnessed some of that shite.  Glad she go the coveted public school job for life position.  This for me was gem.

Was great popping in and reading your  comments.

I didnt watch the last ~ 20 minutes of episode 15 on monday because i got tired. Now i just watched the rest and wow. I didnt expect such a jump. I suspected that Ms Park wouldn't stay at the school forever but it was still a bit of a shock. Well i don't even quite know yetwhat happened. 

Well i'm gonna watch the finale now. (And i am trying really hard not to read any posts right now :D)

Ra Mi Ran, Seo Hyun Jin, And Other Cast Members Bid Farewell To “Black Dog”

Feb 6, 2020
by C. Hong

86f539450d144191a409b530df34f71a.jpeg?s=

The cast of tvN’s “Black Dog,” which aired its final episode on February 4, all bid the drama a fond farewell.

“Black Dog” is a realistic drama about the struggle of an ordinary short-term teacher in the cutthroat world of education. Seo Hyun Jin stars as Go Ha Neul, the short-term teacher who works hard to help her students and earn a full-time position.

Seo Hyun Jin said, “We filmed for about six months. I started out with the hope that it would be a good drama. I am so grateful to everyone who watched it and now I hope that it will be a drama that lasts in people’s memories and they can rewatch it again and again. Thank you for watching.”

Ra Mi Ran, who played the head of the career counseling department Park Sung Soon, said, “As the students of Daechi High School graduated and a new semester began, our directors, writers, cast, and crew all worked hard. We worked to provide comfort and laughs by telling stories that anyone around us could relate to. If we succeeded in delivering that message to viewers, then I need nothing else to be happy. We have one day left before the finale, so I would like to cheer on the educators until the very end. I am cheering on all the teachers, students, and everyone else who supports them!”

Ha Jun, who played the ace teacher Do Yeon Woo, said, “I was able to receive comfort from the reactions of the viewers, who said that they felt comforted by ‘Black Dog’ and that they could relate to it. I am proud of the hard work I put into filming and I think it will be a meaningful time to look back on. I am sincerely thankful to the viewers and all the staff members who worked on the production. I won’t forget these feelings of gratitude and work hard to become a better actor.”

Lee Chang Hoon, who played the biology teacher Bae Myung Soo, said, “I spent 7-8 months with my colleagues as if they were family, so I can’t really believe this is the end. I think that I will miss them a lot after it’s over and this will remain as a good memory for a long time. ‘Black Dog’ was a project and a story that will give me strength in my future acting career. I hope that it will remain a precious story and drama for everyone else as well.”

Im Hyun Sung, who played the school’s administrative director Yoo Jae Ho, said, “The moments I spent filming ‘Black Dog’ were exciting and precious. I will treasure these times in my heart. Thank you to the actors I spent so much time with, along with the directors, writers, and staff who helped with filming. Thank you very much to the viewers who loved ‘Black Dog’ and I will work hard to show an even better image of myself going forward.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381454wpp/ra-mi-ran-seo-hyun-jin-and-other-cast-members-bid-farewell-to-black-dog

Black Dog: Episode 15

by lovepark

blackdog15-00119.jpg

Goodbyes are rarely ever easy, even if you’re prepared for them. However, sometimes you need to let go of those you care about so they can grow. As our protagonist starts questioning her role as a teacher and where her responsibilities lie, she learns that life isn’t always straightforward and simple.

EPISODE 15 RECAP

blackdog15-00013.jpg

Haneul finds Bo-tong’s withdrawal form on her desk and reflects, “What have I been missing all this time?” She calls Bo-tong’s cellphone, but he’s too busy doing the laundry to pick up. His dad asks if he’ll be staying up all night again, and Bo-tong nonchalantly tells him about his withdrawal.

The next day at school, Haneul stares at the withdrawal form and tells her teddy bear that not having students is the best. However, her mood lifts when she receives a text from Yoo-ra and Jae-hyun, and Haneul takes back her comment.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/black-dog-episode-15/

I managed to finished the last episodes. I love this drama. I even got emotional watching the final episode.

Bae Myung-Soo was funny when he was a little jelous of Ha Neul and Sung Soon.  I would have loved to see the boys of Advisory group wearing matching T-shirts. And I agree with Bae again when he said that Ha neul and Yeon Woo should date. :lol: I loved when other teachers came to their group later.

I loved that the team are still intact even if Ha Neul is not working at Daechi anymore.

I definetly will watch the next drama of Park Joo-Yeon writer nim. And I hope to see more dramas like tvN Black Dog.

Archived