[Drama 2019-2020] Black Dog, 블랙독

larus

13 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I thought it was kind of scary how everyone gathered at the teachers' office to find out whether those kids got into college or not. I know everyone is rooting for the kids, but it also seems stressful and embarrassing? Because I remember opening my college acceptance letters in the privacy of my own home.

Lol yeah i was confused too watching that scene

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the cast still live shooting? I'm curious because there's no news of a wrap up party of the BD cast yet. I'm happy Black Dog's ratings remain steady in 4-5%. Other recent TVN dramas even struggled to reach 3%. I wonder what's in store for our advisory group now that the senior kids already graduate and Hae Won is sadly out of the picture. 

I finally watched the last two episodes.

It was not a surprised that nobody was hired for a permanent term teacher at Daechi because I read the thread but It still doesn`t make more sense. I understand the dilemma. After two rounds of examination (a writen exam and interview) Ji hae Won and Ha Neul were very close. But still they should give the job to one of them. Well, now that Hae Won left for a private school (I think he will get the job there), I think Ha Neul will return to Daechi as a short term teacher for one more year. She is a good teacher and after getting more experience I think she will succeed to be a long term teacher if not at Daechi, in another school. I like how Ha Neul said at the end of the episode. It doesn`t matter much for her anymore about that boundary the society is setting about the two positions. She grew up a lot as a character.

One of my favorite scenes, was the funny scene where the teachers were in a car and made fun of themselves how hard it is for the teachers to receive complaints over smallest things all the time. It is hard to be a teacher in Korea but for the students is is hard too. I would not have liked to be a student in Korea . It is too stressful. 

I also like that Ji Hae Won left the Daechi on good terms with Mr Moon.

Four more episodes. I am curious what other things will happen next for our characters.

Black Dog: Episode 12

by selena

BD12-00258.jpg

As the school year wraps up, there’s a lot at stake for both our students and short-term teachers. Camaraderie is built and relationships are mended before they each head down their own separate paths.

EPISODE 12 RECAP

BD12-00004.jpg

Haneul urges Teacher Moon to be as fair as possible when making the hiring decision. She entrusts him with preventing anyone who’s relying on nepotism from successfully making it. The next day, Administrator Yoo heads into his office and Teacher Moon contemplates the sign on his door which reads, Seoul Strives for Integrity in Education.

On the day of the CSAT, Myung-soo picks Haneul up with Yeon-woo and Hae-won in tow. Haneul has prepared some snacks, and everyone’s in a great mood. It’s mentioned that Yoo-ra and Jae-hyun will take their exams at the same school, and Yeon-woo muses that those who struggle together form deep bonds.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/01/black-dog-episode-12/

3 hours ago, shjfan23 said:

I can’t believe it’s really JW who posted that rumor. But I can’t blame him. It’s really hard if you witness that kind of issue. 

It’s also very refreshing to see them getting along well. They even carpooled! Lol!!

And when they teamed up in the cafeteria!

So that's Ha Neul's connection to that noodle lady.. is that why she became a teacher?

I agree that Yoo Ra should date Jae Hyun LoL! I hope what Bo Tong said of Ms. Park to be a misunderstanding. Congrats to Hae Won for gettin' hired.  

That newbie teacher had some nerve tattling  behind  Ha Neul's back when she herself can't perform a simple task! Ha Neul's way too nice for her own good.  

Ok i thought they were replacing the vice principal.. But they are promoting him? Wow. He seemed pretty incompetent and he acted like a mean little child a few episodes ago. Surely everyone noticed?

Well, I haven't finished the episode yet. So let's see. This just baffled me.

Stills of ep. 14

원본 이미지

Drama 'Black Dog' released a photo that shows the breathtaking atmosphere of Go Sky and his new student Hwang Bo Tong. Even Park Sung Soon who watches two people with a strange expression, adds a curiosity to their trilateral encounters. The scene shows that Hwang Bo Tong has been captured as the leading suspect of terrorist attacks in the deepening group. It is important to note who will be the culprit of the terrorism and what judgment will be made by the two teachers about Hwang Bo Tong, which he claims is not his work.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/469/0000461341

Is Hwang Bo Tong the son of the lady Ha Neul is close with? If that’s the case, he’s also the son of the teacher who died for her? Am I right?

I can’t believe this drama is almost done! We’re in our last 2 episodes next week! :tears:

21 hours ago, shjfan23 said:

Is Hwang Bo Tong the son of the lady Ha Neul is close with? If that’s the case, he’s also the son of the teacher who died for her? Am I right?

No, i think he is just a kid from the neighbourhood.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:17 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

So that's Ha Neul's connection to that noodle lady.. is that why she became a teacher?

Yeah pretty much. They already showed that in episode 1. For example the scene where she stands in the classroom with her fists clenched looking at the wall which was juxtaposed with her standing in front of the tunnel.

Mrs Park even remembered that moment in the montage in this episode when she realized the connection.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:17 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

That newbie teacher had some nerve tattling  behind  Ha Neul's back when she herself can't perform a simple task! Ha Neul's way too nice for her own good.  

Hm I read this comment before i watched the episode and was expecting something bad. I thought it was completely fine :)

I thought the selection process for the years group leader positions was a bit weird. It was shown like whoever sends in the application automatically gets the job. I mean there is still a selection and assigning process by the principals. In the end they can still do whatever they want as shown with Mr Bae when he got sent to the college advisory group. But it's shown as they would have no choice but to give Han Jae-Hee the job if she applies for the college advisory group even if they knew it's a bad fit. Yeah i know it's an unpopular position but still..

On 1/25/2020 at 6:50 AM, htk9207 said:

Are the cast still live shooting? I'm curious because there's no news of a wrap up party of the BD cast yet. I'm happy Black Dog's ratings remain steady in 4-5%. Other recent TVN dramas even struggled to reach 3%. I wonder what's in store for our advisory group now that the senior kids already graduate and Hae Won is sadly out of the picture. 

They were filming on Lunar New Year. A staff posted a picture of his fashion that day and commented that RMR and SHJ teased him a bit over his attire. I think they are pressed for time given that we didn't get promo for next week's. RMR is also out promoting her new movie and invited some of the supporting class to see it yesterday. It got 4.4% for Episode 14.

12 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Ok i thought they were replacing the vice principal.. But they are promoting him? Wow. He seemed pretty incompetent and he acted like a mean little child a few episodes ago. Surely everyone noticed?

Well, I haven't finished the episode yet. So let's see. This just baffled me.

Yea I thought that was weird and unclear. So it looks like Principal Byun is now somewhat of an emeritus professor? I guess he's easing into retirement. And the new principal is "argh". 

Wasn't sure about Go Sky's indignant behaviour towards Lady Song about the kid running into her. Hey Ha Neul, if you didn't huff out of the restaurant, she wouldn't have had to chase you with the kimchi and gotten hit! It felt forced that introduced the new student that way. I wish they had been able to introduce him earlier as a junior so that we can have more empathy towards him. 

Felt this weeks' episode a little bit off. I'm torn between wishing they had ended last week, and liking the little turn towards having a new motivation of being a teacher. I didn't mind them not choosing a permanent teacher last week because they've been working out the theme that "Life is Unfair". I'm glad BD is highlighting those daily superheroes like GHN, PSS and even VP Moon fighting for those underdogs and less fortunate, or I guess you can say, those Black Dogs that exist everyday in our lives.

I'm not sure why the overall tone of your post just come across as..abrasive??!! @Fabbo And this isn't the first btw, the same can be noticed from The Woman With 9.9 Billion thread as well. I just keep noticing you just enjoy nitpicking my posts for some reason.<_<:rolleyes:

So what if I can't remember LoL!? Do you recall every single ep. of everything you've watched?! Seriously.:rolleyes: Oh and that scene, that was how I interpret it. It's fine that you don't.:P    

@randomthotz

I agree (nods)

They should've ended it with Ha Neul wishin' farewell to her students upon graduation. It just seem redundant now; plot-wise I mean. I was already baffled by the not-permanent-teaching-position exam LoL.  

The whole stuff with that Bo Tong kid & Ms. Park seem not as intense as the drama makes it out to be. I mean is he an orphan? Like why was he so dependent on a teacher? It just seem a plot device to make it more dramatic Idk LoL.   

5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

They should've ended it with Ha Neul wishin' farewell to her students upon graduation. It just seem redundant now; plot-wise I mean. I was already baffled by the not-permanent-teaching-position exam LoL.  

I agree on you. Last week’s episode were more like the finale. And the latest eps were kinda lame. But let’s see, maybe the last 2 episodes will be worth for a finale.

I am sorry about that.

I realize what you mean. Especially when i comment with those short and curt sentences. It wasn't my intention to be rude. :(

And no of course i don't recall every single episode.

I just thought that context was essential to her character and their relationship. And also to get any meaning from those scenes. When she talks about how Ha Naul should stop visiting her now that she has become a teacher etc.

Didn't Ms Park hear multiple kids running away? I guess not. I agree the whole situation seems a bit constructed to create some drama. Oh and when Ms Park can't come to the police station because she has to bring her child to the hospital. It was a bit too kdrama cliche for me and didnt quite hit the usual tone of the drama.

I agree the graduation would have been a nice end for the drama. But ending it with that and her let's say getting the permanent position, everyone is happy wouldn't quite be fitting for the drama either. I think i like the idea to go into the second year. That strengthens the slice of life character of the drama. And i also like that she again has to reflect on the Icarus Club and what happens to the other kids. Let's see how they wrap it up.

Everyone is shocked that she won't teach the Icarus Club this year because of her chances for the permanent position. Uhm it didn't help her one bit last year. They didn't even mention it in her evaluation. 

But for the new hire it probably becomes this huge stepping stone..

Daechi High is gonna go to f**k.

They now have a terribly incompetent Principal.

A horrible self serving Head of Administration.

No more Teacher Yoon to smooth the way.

An Icarus club that is way too big and has way too much power. Obviously the other students are gonna revolt.

Their loafing Chief of Administration is still around.

SungSoon is pretty much burnt out. How is the politics at this school so bad that she has to pick her colleagues and friends over her own son just to protect them? 

Ji HaeWon did well leaving this clusterf**k of a high school. 

I kinda wonder what will happen when the Icarus kids find out that SungSoon refuses to teach their after school classes and wants to teach the other kids instead. She is one of their top picks after all.

Archived