[Drama 2019-2020] Black Dog, 블랙독

larus

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched episode 6. Episode 5 is not as fresh in my mind because i watched it right after it aired but i still wanted to say a few things about that episode.

The scene with the senior teacher Yoon Yeo-Hwa where she passed the note was great. That actress is always so good and i love the character in this drama as well. I loved all their meetings. 

On 1/1/2020 at 7:07 PM, larus said:

I hold my breath for a moment when I saw Yoon Yeo-Hwa looking at her early retirement aplication. I bet that for a moment she thought she might change her mind after the teacher`s meeting. Maybe she thought there is a little hope that things will change in the right direction.

Yeah same. I think seeing such a courageous new teacher might have changed her mind. And that her recommendation acutally made the difference in that college application.

And btw finally a good ad placement that fits the drama and atmosphere. I want to try that tea haha. 

And i liked the little scene with Kim Yi-Boon where she gives her advice in episode 5. And that little moment where they are all stressed out because of the wrong exam questiions and she is a bit flippant on the phone. Or that shhh moment in the teacher conference. A lot of moments that kind of humanized her. She feels more like a person now. Always a bit annoyed, but she still cares. And now that they have toned it all a bit down with her character i start to love her and her antics. Even they way talks now when she told Ha Neul about the screwed exam questions. Of course it's not cool that she wants to keep it quiet but even Mr Do who i really didnt expect to do so spoke against it so. I take her talking to Ha Neul about it as a plus. Little steps haha.

I like how they are slowly expanding the scope. From Park Sung-Soon's family to more teacher and some of the students. I don't want it all about the students, but dealing with students is kind of the most important part of the job. I think there should be a but more. Not the student's stories but from a teachers perspective.

Lol at the senior department hiding in the bushes. Too much time at their hands.

Bae Myung-Soo bragging about his "grade school alumni" gets me smiling everytime.

All in all a great episode for Ha Neul. It is all so grounded which makes it all the more meaningful. It kind of reminds me of Miss Hammurabi. Empathetic and courageous character trying to navigate within an organization and make small contributions for change. 

The upcoming stuff with Ji Hae-Won could get very good. Let's hope it won't be black and white.

Hi Chingu , anyeongg~~~ 

Love this story , its has a litlte bit of SKY Castle influence ..hehe Love love this drama and hope they end it nicely.

Love OUR TEA , hope i can get it here in my country. Aroma from tea suitable for a serious drama BLACK DOG (Depression). 

Black Dog: Episode 5

by lovepark

blackdog05-00032.jpg

Black Dog is truly a drama about teachers and schools. Rather than focus on a single classroom and a few students’ lives, it’s a tale of a social institution and its shortcomings. Though the story follows the journey of one beginning teacher, it dives into the troubles and tribulations of a school and follows the lives of the players that inhabit it.

EPISODE 5 RECAP

blackdog05-00009.jpgblackdog05-00008.jpg

The people at Daechi High watch a news report on college admissions and the recent increase of acceptance based on student records. As Teacher Sohn and Cha walk by the empty College Advisory Department, Teacher Sohn explains that the team went on a “sales” trip, and Teacher Cha wonders how Sung-soon is able to get universities to share their admissions information.

Cut to Sung-soon and her two-method plan. She shows the team a couple of student records, but before she can explain, Yeon-woo recognizes the students despite the redacted pictures. He recites specific details about the students as well as his own analysis and impresses everyone.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/01/black-dog-episode-5/

Black Dog: Episode 6

by selena

BD06-00117.jpg

Serious changes are needed at the school but before that can happen, they have to tackle their problems head-on. It’s never a pretty sight when ugly truths have to be confronted, but we have a dependable team of passionate teachers who will do their best for their students.

EPISODE 6 RECAP

BD06-00005.jpgBD06-00004.jpg

Myung-soo slips into an office to eavesdrop on Teacher Song’s meeting. They brainstorm names for the new class, but suggestions like “The SKY Class” and “Daechi Leaders” are continuously shut down until one of the teachers shares her idea.

Cut to: a poster introducing the brand new Icarus Club, now accepting members. Priority goes to the 20 applicants with the highest grades, and the students can tell that this elite club is for top performers and will beef up their student records.

JEON YOO-RA, a student from Haneul’s homeroom class, takes in the notice seriously while her classmate Jae-hyun doesn’t seem to be too concerned.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/01/black-dog-episode-6/

2020010500162_0.jpg

'Black Dog' Seo Hyun-jin and Yoo Min-gyu's conflict is in full swing.

tvN ‘Black Dog’ captured the unusual airflow  between the new term teacher Go Ha-neul (Seo Hyun-jin) and the six year term teacher Ji Hae-won (Yu Min Kyu). In the middle of the night, the view of the sky that meets with the head of school, Moon Soo-ho (Jung Hae-gyun), is also revealed, which further stimulates curiosity.

Ji Hae-won's appearance in the hallway, asking two people to talk with different opinions in the corridor, 'What's up?'

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/01/05/2020010500162.html

Great episode.

Wow i was super anxious during most of the episode but it played out beautifully. For example that scene where she subs his class.

Of course being a good teacher and caring about the students doesn't really excuse everything. The same could probably be said about Mr Ha. He cares so much that even riggs the exams... Oh and i thought that he might get into serious trouble for it but seeing how little he cared i should have known better.

Anyway i liked how they progressed the plotline with Ji Hae-Won. And the editing made me think the rumors on the internet board might come from the female teacher in that office? Still not sure.

I was hoping that Ha Neul could resolve the issues with her female student but i guess that will continue in the following episodes. Let's hope for the best. I thought the climax at the end would be about that but i think i prefer that i didnt blow up that much and she gets the opportunity to deal with it on her own.

It sounds like that they are hinting at a real life event with that banana incident? 

1 hour ago, Fabbo said:

Great episode.

Wow i was super anxious during most of the episode but it played out beautifully.

Yes and I can`t wait to watch the next episode. When the drama finished I wish there was another episode available.

I also don`t think Ji Hae-Won was the one spredding rumors. I know he was suspisious and people could think at him first (like Mr Moon) but I never really believed he was the one. When the other teachers talked about the person and he heard Mr Moon suspisious,  I think he realised Mr Moon must be thinking at him.

Yeah, I noticed that there was the female short term teacher in the scene. It could be her.

I like how Ji Hae Won and Ha Neul talk to each other and especially when they decide to go together to talk about the exam`s questions. I like how she told him that skills and luck could make someone to enter in front of others, if an oportunity arises for them.  It is not like waiting to enter the bus.

It was funny when Ms Song Young-Sook told Hae Won about Ha Neul and that she can garantee her good character, knowing her for 10 years. The face Ha Neul made when she listen to her. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Dundee said:

Why the female student (YR) hate HN? Was it because HN told her coleague that YR was not well of family and couldn’t afford prep school?

Yeah! I think that’s reason. I think she trusted HN that much that’s why she might felt betrayed when she heard sharing that secret to others.

39 minutes ago, shjfan23 said:

Yeah! I think that’s reason. I think she trusted HN that much that’s why she might felt betrayed when she heard sharing that secret to others.

Maybe it is more facts. It could be that (I think she is a pride person and she did not like that Ha Neul showed  her some pity for her family backgound) but she called her hypocrite after she saw that rich boy study book . It is not clear for me what happended. Maybe she realised that not every student has the same oportunity.

She is angry with Ha Neul, that`s true, just like the other teachers have noticed,  but I wished just like @Fabbo said, Ha Neul should asked that female student what is going on. Instead, she was upset with Do Yeon-Woo. (Nobody is perfect. :)) It was a normal reaction. I am glad that they resolved this issue, and i could feel how Ha Neul` annoyance diminished while speaking with Yeon Woo. I think she realised that she has to resolve herself her problem with Yoo Ra. 

About Yoo ra. I understand her frustration but that student was right asking her why she did not ask him for help, instead of sneaking around. I am glad that we have to see Ha Neul how she will resolve the issue between her students. She is responsable to mediate and take care of the students in that Icarius club.

Yoo Ra doesn`t have a rich family to back her up but she has Ha Neul who is always trying to be fair. Also, I don`t think the rich boy is at fault per se. He was ashamed when his father wanted to appeal about his son`s grade. I think he is not a spoiled rich son.

8 hours ago, larus said:

It was funny when Ms Song Young-Sook told Hae Won about Ha Neul and that she can garantee her good character, knowing her for 10 years. The face Ha Neul made when she listen to her

Oh yes i forgot mentioning that scene. Great scene. Funny but also moving. It hit all the right spots.

6 hours ago, larus said:

Yoo Ra doesn`t have a rich family to back her up but she has Ha Neul who is always trying to be fair. Also, I don`t think the rich boy is at fault per se. He was ashamed when his father wanted to appeal about his son`s grade. I think he is not a spoiled rich son.

Yeah that's true. Every other rich kid seems to be an richard simmons if we judge it by that scene where she worked part time and that girl tossed the coins at her. I really disliked that scene btw. Of course not every rich kid is an richard simmons. It's just so much more effective if it's portrayed in subtle ways. Being hurtful without even noticing it or maybe have some even act nice but they dont realize the gigantic imbalance.

I think they did it way better in showing how Ha Naul got excluded in the beginning. 

It's the difference between let's say tripping her in the cafeteria and all the hurtful looks and comments she can barely overhear.

The only drama where you have the big emotional climax with OST and all after the reevalutaing of a question about bananas :D

Was a great scene though.

The principal seems a bit more on top of things than expected. I liked that.

For a second i was scared that student might have done something to herself. I was glad it was only the woman from Hanuk University. And considering the preview i am pretty certain she will show up.

Archived