[Drama 2019-2020] Black Dog, 블랙독

larus

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seo Jin with Mi Ran and Ha Joon - explosive Chemistry and I am loving the first two runs. Teacher story is always close to my heart as my mom and sister was and is professor in science field respectively! I saw their teaching life plus I studied in a “Laboratory School” meaning in specialize school for Teachers there’s a training ground. So we study crazy in advance to what teacher teaches and the student teachers practices on us. It was hard but eventful :)

In our country being teacher is tough and I am seeing the pain here. Anyway super excited with this :) I missed Seo Jin so much and I am liking her chemistry with Ha Joon! And Miran sunbaenim always slays her acting! 

I finally watched the first two episodes. I like this drama very much. It became my favorite among the dramas I am watching right now.

I root for Ha-Neul to show her passion for teaching. I also love how Park Sung-Soon took her side and she is helping her because she saw Ha Neul`s potential. I am glad that there is a drama about teachers`s stories, where they are the main characters.

I can`t wait to watch the next episodes.

More reviews

"드라마 '블랙독' 뜻, 인물관계도? "박주연 작가 데뷔작
Park jooyeon writernim mini series debut
"There's very little drama and there's a lot of reality," ramiran said. The director initially demanded no make-up for reality. It will be a documentary-like drama.” 

http://www.gokorea.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=605440#_cou

Misaeng and black dog
'블랙독' 고하늘과 '미생' 장그래는 다르다
Jang geurae wanted to be fixed employee meanwhile gohaneul doesn't feel like its a must

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/629/0000007359

Black Dog: Episode 1

by lovepark

blackdog01-00149.jpg

Welcome to the world of teaching–a cutthroat competition of survival with only one prize: the coveted permanent teaching position. Black Dog depicts a cast of characters in a world that feels all too real as it explores the inner workings of a school. Following the journey of a beginning teacher, the show takes the perspective of the stranger learning to adjust to her new surroundings and finding her place in the unfamiliar.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

blackdog01-00002.jpgblackdog01-00005.jpg

2007. On a high school field trip, Teacher KIM YOUNG-HA (cameo by Tae In-ho) chaperones a bus of students along with their homeroom teacher. Young-ha notices one of the students, GO HANEUL (Ryu Ji-eun), wearing a cast on her leg as she talks with her worried mom over the phone. Outside, the sunny weather turns to rain.

As the road gets narrower, a truck passes the bus, and the annoyed bus driver tailgates the truck into a tunnel. Suddenly, the truck swerves to the side, and the bus driver notices the disabled vehicle too late. He hits the car, causing the bus to flip over and crash.

Though hurt, the students file out of the wreckage on their own, and Young-ha exits the tunnel last due to his wounded leg. Patrol officers who arrive at the accident site warn the students and teachers that the bus will explode, but the bad news continues: Haneul is still on the bus.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/black-dog-episode-1/

Black Dog: Episode 2

by selena

BD02-00277.jpg

Our newbie teacher navigates the unfamiliar waters of Daechi High, learning important lessons along the way. She tries her best to survive her first day at school as friends and foe make their way into her life. It’s easier said than done though. Can she hold on to her sanity to become the teacher she’s always wanted to be?

EPISODE 2 RECAP

BD02-00014.jpg

With school back in session, the teachers are busier than ever. Sung-soon gets a budget approved and is asked about Haneul – it seemed like she’d quit, so why’d she come back? Sung-soon just sips her tea, recalling the moment when Haneul stood in front of the empty classroom.

The new teachers are gathered for training and one of the female teachers glances over at Haneul, who’s sitting apart from the others.

When the session is over, the new recruits discuss the fact that they were advised not to admit that they’re contract workers. They think it’s common sense, but are glad that Daechi High isn’t like other schools where desks are labelled with “short-term” or “permanent” status.

BD02-00019.jpg

The group heads to lunch and Haneul branches off to take the elevator alone. She’s joined by Song Ji-sun, the teacher who glanced at her earlier. Ji-sun empathizes with Haneul, sharing that her first time as a short-term teacher was difficult too.

She kindly offers to answer Haneul’s questions at any time. Aw, they timidly share smiles; Haneul has an ally at school now! Haneul feels like they’re being told to lie when the students will find out about their short-term status anyway.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/black-dog-episode-2/

31357_79328_5326.png

Today, the drama <Black Dog> 3 times will be broadcast on tvN at 23:30.

In today's broadcast, Ko Ha-Neul (Seo Hyun-jin) tries to solve the problem with his partner Kim Yi-bun (Jo Sun-joo) with the help of Do Yeon-woo (Ha Joon), but their relationship continues to flow in the other direction. Meanwhile, Moon Su-ho (Jeong Hae-kyun), the head of the school affairs, begins to question about the article who was written on the Internet.

https://www.lecturernews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=31357

I rewatched some parts of episode 1 today while waiting for the subtitles. At her first scene at the food shop with the widow shj had this tomboyish charme when she walked in with her cap. I don't think i've seen that from her before.

The new episode went by really fast. It was really satisfying to watch Ko Ha-Neul's lesson go well while the one from Kim Yi-Boon fell flat. 

Not quite sure how i feel about the storyline with Kim Yi-Boon. I mean she was kinda right about cutting some of the lesson because it was just too much. She just has this overly terrible attitude. And how she actively makes her bad in front of the students. And that taxi scene.. come on.

I guess now they get along and she is really nice to her. It just doesn't feel genuine at all. If she felt more like a real character it would be easier to go along with Ko Ha-Neul's decison.

I don't really like the "losing is winning" mentality. But i like that she cares about the students. It is portrayed as this magic way in the middle where she pushes back a little, she gets her ideas across. She gets a lot of recognition from her immediate colleagues and some from the higher ups. There she choses to rather have a better working relationship moving forward. I guess the parents all run to Kim Yi-Boon (but hey we are better than that). 

But as i said i would feel so much better about it if it felt genuine. Maybe Kim Yi-Boon could even teach her some stuff about not getting taken advantage of. I think she is going to stab her in the back at some point. Otherwise they would have made her character more balanced out.

16 hours ago, Fabbo said:

I guess now they get along and she is really nice to her. It just doesn't feel genuine at all. If she felt more like a real character it would be easier to go along with Ko Ha-Neul's decison.

Maybe it is applying the saying: "Do good and good will come to you".  I don`t trust Kim Yi-Boon compleatly but I like that she changed her attitude towards Ha Neul. I am curious what the school principal said to her. Ha Neul is a good teacher and a good person and everyone will know that after knowing her, but in evey organization there is a competition, work jelousy,  so it won`t be easy for her there. I know that she will face different kind of problems/challenges at school but I trust her to overcome them. 

Park Sung-Soon and Song Young-Tae`s "rivalry" is so funny. :lol: I want more. They can`t stand each other but Sung Soon knows how to push his buttons.

I'm so glad that Ha Neul held her own & by the end of ep. 03, not only did she win over the insufferable Ms. Kim, but those who're in her department as well. She was right workin' well with others require skills too.

When Ms. Park argued in an inebriated state that she wasn't into branded goods.. I was like er--what about that tote you carryin'?!<_<:huh: Turns out her hubby got her a cheap knockoff ha-ha!:w00t: 

Wonder what's the deal with that one tall handsome male teacher eh LoL!? He seem to be keepin' tabs on Mr. Moon but also on Ms. Ko.. I don't like how the other teachers are downplaying Ha Neul's capabilities especially that one so-called female teacher.:rolleyes::P Is JYPE the one producing this drama or somethin' LoL? The mention of their artists Twice & Stray Kids.  

Yes working with others is a skill as well. But it's not like she is lacking that skill. Ms Kim is. I like it as well that she changed her attitude towards Ha Neul. I just wish it would come off more genuine. Maybe she could have slowly make some nice gestures. That would be more satisfying to watch as well.

@Latte_Anyday

The handsome male teacher you are talking about is the 6 year short term teacher. He obviously wants the spot for the permanent teacher at the end of the year. He dislikes her because of how she got her job. There might be some jealousy because she gets a lot of praise and recognition from her colleagues. And fear that she might 'steal' the spot. We are supposed to think that he was the one posting on that internet board. Not quite sure if it's really him though.

Episode 4 had some more personal moments towards the end. I liked that.

And i really like Bae Myung-Soo. There is so much more to his character then i thought when he got introduced. I loved that little grudge with Park Sung-Soon.

And wow how does this dude (you know who i am talking about) even still have his job? Screaming at work all day and now this?

stills

Character chart

72099_63582_28.jpg

http://www.thedailypost.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=72099

3 hours ago, Fabbo said:

The handsome male teacher you are talking about is the 6 year short term teacher. He obviously wants the spot for the permanent teacher at the end of the year. He dislikes her because of how she got her job. There might be some jealousy because she gets a lot of praise and recognition from her colleagues. And fear that she might 'steal' the spot.

I thought that he is the one who is writing in the short- term teacher`s forum but it is too obvious and probably he is not the one. He always observes things.

I even suspect the female short term teacher who sympathized with Ha Neul.

Archived