larus

tvN Drama

Black Dog

ra-mi-ran-seo-hyun-jin.jpg

Hangul: 블랙독

Genre: slice of life,  school, drama

Network: tvN

Episodes: 16

Director: Hwang Jun-hyuk (My Secret Hotel, Squad 38)

Writer: Park Joo-yeon

Release Date: December 16, 2019- February 4, 2020

Runtime: Monday-Tuesday, 9:30 p.m. KST (following drama Catch The Ghost)

Production Company: Studio Dragon

OST:

part 1 Kim Bo Hyung (김보형) - In My Shadow

part 2 Sondia-Moonlight

part 3 KLANG - Horizon

part 4 MINSEO - Love Yourself

Official site:http://program.tving.com/tvn/blackdog/12/Contents/Html

Plot

'Black Dog' is going to draw a plain and unfamiliar school story. It will tell the stories of teenagers and the things that happen in school.

Black Dog is about a story of a young woman who gets a short-term teaching position and does her best to fight for students’ dreams in school. The drama will take a deep look into the lives of teachers and provide commentary on society through the microcosm of a school setting.

Cast

Seo Hyun Jin as Go Ha Neul

Ra Mi Ran as Park Sung Soon

Ha-Joon as Do Yeon Woo

Lee Chang-Hoon as Bae Myung-Soo

Jung Hae-Kyun as Moon Soo-Ho

Kim Hong Fa as Byeon Sung-Joo

Yoo Min-Kyu as Ji Hae-Won

Park Ji Hwan as Song Young-Tae

Jo Sun- Joo as Kim Yi-Boon

Lee Yoon Hee as Lee Seung-Taek

Heo Tae-Hee as Ha Soo-Hyun

Ye Soo-Jung as Yoon Yeo-Hwa

Kim Seung-hoon as  Cha Tae-ho

Lim Hyun- sung as Yoo Jae-ho

Kwon So Hyun as

Character descriptions

f132199268313250393(0).png

Go Ha Neul (29 years old)

College and 3rd year department, Korean language, fixed-term teacher

Go Ha Neul (Seo Hyun Jin)  is newly appointed to a short-term teaching position at a private school. She dreamed of becoming a teacher because of her gratitude towards one of her own teachers who saved her life, and she will grow with the students as they face the various issues that exist in a cut-throat private school setting.

f132199820011760781(0).png

Park Sung Soon (41 years old)

College Dean, Korean Language, Teacher

Park Sung Soon (Ra Mi Ran) is the head of the career counseling department at the school and a known workaholic. She is well-known as someone who will do whatever it takes for her students, and is even willing to visit schools on her students behalf to fight for them. She is even known to frequent admission offices at universities to act as a wingman for her students and increase their chances of being accepted.

f132199821116446348(0).png

Do Yeon Woo (29 years old)

College Preparatory Course, EBC Lecturer, Korean Language, Teacher
An idealist who believes that one can break through anything.
“I personally think that teachers should be more interested in students and classes than politics.”

Do Yeon Woo (Ha Joon) is a Korean language teacher who is passionate about teaching and hearing that he’s good at his job makes his heart race. He is an idealist who believes talent will win over any office politics. Rather than getting involved in things like that, he likes to go his own way to grow as a person.

Characters chart

f132203352203430749(0).jpg

Posters

Black_Dog-KD-p2.jpg

Black_Dog-KD-p1.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seo Hyun Jin And Ra Mi Ran In Talks For Upcoming tvN Drama

Apr 18, 2019
by Y. Kim
d1db81b0c0f04f449a205aefd3e2a28b.jpeg?s=

Seo Hyun Jin and Ra Mi Ran are considering co-starring in the upcoming tvN drama “Black Dog” (working title).

On April 18, Seo Hyun Jin’s agency Management SOOP stated, “tvN’s new drama ‘Black Dog’ offered Seo Hyun Jin a role and she is currently considering it.”

Ra Mi Ran’s agency C-JeS Entertainment shared, “After receiving an offer to appear in ‘Black Dog,’ we are reviewing the details.”

“Black Dog,” which will be directed by Hwang Joon Hyuk, will tell the stories of teenagers and the things that happen in school.

Seo Hyun Jin was offered the role of Go Ha Neul, an unexperienced teacher who was assigned to teach at a private high school in the neighborhood of Daechi on a contract basis. Ra Mi Ran was offered the role of Park Sung Soon, a full-time permanent teacher in the same high school who also serves as the head of the career guidance department.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1318474wpp/seo-hyun-jin-and-ra-mi-ran-in-talks-for-upcoming-tvn-drama

Seo Hyun Jin, Ra Mi Ran, And Ha Joon Confirmed To Lead New tvN Drama

Oct 28, 2019
by J. Lim

afce1472342b443684601df76c77084a.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Black Dog” (tentative title) has confirmed its leading cast!

On October 28, it was announced that Seo Hyun Jin, Ra Mi Ran, and Ha Joon will be starring in the new drama that tells the story of a young woman who gets a short-term teaching position and does her best to fight for students’ dreams in school. The drama will take a deep look into the lives of teachers and provide commentary on society through the microcosm of a school setting.

Seo Hyun Jin will take on the role of Go Ha Neul, who is newly appointed to a short-term teaching position at a private school. She dreamed of becoming a teacher because of her gratitude towards one of her own teachers who saved her life, and she will grow with the students as they face the various issues that exist in a cut-throat private school setting. This is set to be Seo Hyun Jin’s first drama since “The Beauty Inside” and she stated, “I’m grateful to be participating this type of genre as it doesn’t appear very often. I believe our team will be able to show great teamwork. Please anticipate it.”

Joining her is Ra Mi Ran as the role of Park Sung Soon, the head of the career counseling department at the school and a known workaholic. She is well-known as someone who will do whatever it takes for her students, and is even willing to visit schools on her students behalf to fight for them. She will be a mentor to Go Ha Neul, and Seo Hyun Jin and Ra Mi Ran are expected to share a special bond through the show. Ra Mi Ran said, “I was interested by the fact that the focus is on the teachers, not the students. I think I’ll be able to show a new side of myself through the character of Park Sung Soon. By touching issues of the reality of college applications, private schools, and fierce competition the students face, I think viewers will be able to relate and enjoy the drama.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1361950wpp/seo-hyun-jin-ra-mi-ran-and-ha-joon-confirmed-to-lead-new-tvn-drama

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama] Black Dog, 블랙독 - Seo Hyun Jin, Ra Mi Ran & Ha Joon - Mo & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Premieres on December 16th

TVN's new Wolhwa drama 'Black Dog', which is scheduled to be broadcasted in December, depicts the story of a society's first-year student, Go Han-naul, who is a term teacher struggling to survive his dream in a miniature school.

1VPP4QT9BC_1.jpg

Ha Joon “I'm honored to be in drama Black Dog,” a piece of work that I've been eager to see, ”said Ha Joon. I would like to ask you for a lot of love for drama 'Black Dog,' which tells you the honest story of visiting 'I' without being nice as a person. ”

https://m.sedaily.com/NewsView/1VPP4QT9BC/GL01#_enliple

October 28 2019

Seo Hyun-Jin, Ra Mi-Ran & Ha-Joon cast in tvN drama series “Black Dog”

Black_Dog-SM001.jpg

Seo Hyun-Jin, Ra Mi-Ran & Ha-Joon are cast in tvN drama series “Black Dog.” The drama series is set at a private high school where Seo Hyun-Jin will begin work as a temporary teacher. Ra Mi-Ran and Ha-Joon will play teachers at the same private high school and become friends with Seo Hyun-Jin’s character.

“Black Dog” first airs December 16, 2019 in South Korea (takes over tvN’s Monday & Tuesday 9:30 PM time slot after “Catch The Ghost.”).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/seo-hyun-jin-ra-mi-ran-ha-joon-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-black-dog

Seo Hyun-jin, Ra Mi-ran, Ha Joon cast in new tvN drama Black Dog

by tccolb

shj_rmr_hj1.jpg

A new Monday-Tuesday drama is in the works for tvN titled Black Dog, and casting has been confirmed for actors Seo Hyun-jin (Beauty Inside), Ra Mi-ran (Rude Miss Young-ae), and Ha Joon (Arthdal Chronicles).

A new Monday-Tuesday drama is in the works for tvN titled Black Dog, and casting has been confirmed for actors Seo Hyun-jin (Beauty Inside), Ra Mi-ran (Rude Miss Young-ae), and Ha Joon (Arthdal Chronicles).

The story is described as a close and intimate view of a microcosm of society: the world within private schools. The main parallel between the “real” world and schools being the struggle of survival, and working towards your dreams while also dealing with harsh realities. One of the drama’s focuses will be on the lives of teachers.

The role that Seo Hyun-jin has accepted is of the central character, Go Ha-neul. Growing up she had been greatly influenced by a teacher who had been a life-changing presence in her youth. Since then, she had always dreamed of becoming a teacher herself. When we meet her, she’s just starting her career, and she takes a temporary teaching position at a private school where she is confronted with all sorts of new and special challenges.

Ra Mi-ran takes on the part of Park Sung-soon, head guidance counselor at the same private school. A workaholic and passionate about her job, she is willing to do everything and anything if it means helping the students. She is even known to frequent admission offices at universities to act as a wingman for her students and increase their chances of being accepted. When Seo Hyun-jin starts her new position at the school, Ra Mi-ran takes her under her wing as a mentor and the two develop a friendship.

Ha Joon’s character is Korean language teacher Do Yeon-woo. An optimist and an idealist, he believes success is a matter of how capable a person is. As such, he doesn’t play the game of buttering up his superiors, he puts his efforts into further developing his skills as an instructor instead. Hearing the words, “you teach well,” makes his heart race and motivates him to be a better teacher.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/seo-hyun-jin-ra-mi-ran-ha-joon-cast-in-new-tvn-drama-black-dog/

So I think this will be akin to 2015 Angry Mom. Though the focus on this  will be teachers and how they are as second parents to students. As with every school setting plot, story arc of bullying and over achieving kids will be in this drama. Ran Mi ran I like. she's good. I'm not familiar with the other two actors. Wonder which young acrors will be casts as students. I'm looking forward to this.

21 hours ago, jongski said:

So I think this will be akin to 2015 Angry Mom. Though the focus on this  will be teachers and how they are as second parents to students. As with every school setting plot, story arc of bullying and over achieving kids will be in this drama. Ran Mi ran I like. she's good. I'm not familiar with the other two actors. Wonder which young acrors will be casts as students. I'm looking forward to this.

I get the vibe of Angry Mom as well. I am familiar with the actresses but not with Ha Joon. I read his filmography. The only dramas I saw from the list is Gapdong but I don`t remember him. :) It`s alright. I don`t worry about the cast.

Finally they will produce the drama. They announced it so long ago and I lost hope to see it broadcast.

"Black Dog" Casts Seo Hyun-jin, Ra Mi-ran and Ha Joon

2019/10/29 | 112 views | Permalink | Source

photo1116781.jpg

The synergy between Seo Hyun-jin, Ra Mi-ran and Ha Joon in "Black Dog" is highly anticipated.

The new tvN drama "Black Dog" is about a social rookie named Go Ha-neul (Seo Hyun-jin) who becomes a short-term teacher and struggles to survive in a 'school' that is the tabloid edition of our lives.

Unlike typical school dramas, "Black Dog" is a completely new story, densely portraying a veiled world through the perspectives of teachers. Seo Hyun-jin returns for the first time in a year since "Beauty Inside - Drama" and irreplaceable actress Ra Mi-ran comes on board with her. In addition, Ha Joon confirmed his role in the drama as well.

Seo Hyun-jin plays a rookie short-term teacher, who is put out in the war-zone called a private school, named Go Ha-neul. She dreams of becoming a teacher after one saves her life. She endures various developments and growths of living in this compact edition of life.

Ra Mi-ran plays Park Seong-soon, the infamous workaholic director of the department of career advancement. She will do anything for children and is a passionate teacher who goes to college admissions and volunteers to be the 'saleswoman'.

Ha Joon plays Do Yeon-woo, the most popular teacher of the Korean language from the department of career advancement. He is a hot-blooded youth who loves to hear that he's done a good job of teaching, and he is an idealist who believes that a man's ability alone is capable of piercing through anything. He doesn't get affected by taking sides within the school and looks straight ahead to expand his own experiences.

https://www.hancinema.net/black-dog-casts-seo-hyun-jin-ra-mi-ran-and-ha-joon-135046.html

Seo Hyun Jin And Ra Mi Ran’s Upcoming Drama “Black Dog” Holds First Script Reading

Seo Hyun Jin And Ra Mi Ran’s Upcoming Drama “Black Dog” Holds First Script Reading

Nov 1, 2019
by C. Hong

Upcoming tvN drama “Black Dog” has shared photos of its first script read-through with the cast.

“Black Dog” tells the story of a young woman who is hired for a short-term teaching position and struggles to keep her dreams in the harsh reality of the classroom. Seo Hyun JinRa Mi Ran, Ha Joon have been confirmed to be leading the cast.

Present at the script reading were director Hwang Joon Hyuk, screenwriter Park Joo Yeon, and cast members Seo Hyun Jin, Ra Mi Ran, Ha Joon, Lee Chang HoonJung Hae KyunKim Hong FaYoo Min KyuPark Ji Hwan, and Jo Sun Joo.

Seo Hyun Jin plays Go Ha Neul, who is fighting in a world that is just as competitive as the world of her students. During the script reading, she captured her character’s ability to solve whatever problems life throws at her and demonstrated her trademark optimism.

Ra Mi Ran plays Park Sung Soon, the department head of the career counseling department and a known workaholic. She displayed her veteran acting skills, comedic chops, and trademark charisma, and also showed great chemistry with Seo Hyun Jin.

Ha Joon plays the Korean language professor Do Yeon Woo, who is popular among the students because of his good looks and talents. He is an idealist who believes that talent can overcome any office politics and walks his own path regardless of what other people think.

Lee Chang Hoon plays career counselor Bae Myung Soo, who is known for talking too much and wants the school to have a peaceful environment. Jung Hae Kyun plays Go Ha Neul’s uncle, Moon Soo Ho, who is a teaching director and master of office politics. Kim Hong Fa plays Byun Sung Joo, a passionate principal who is determined to compete with an elite school.

Yoo Min Kyu plays Ji Hae Won, who has been a short-term teacher for six years and always claims to be the No. 1 pick for promotion to a regular teaching position. Park Ji Hwan plays Song Yeong Tae, a teacher in charge of the high school seniors, who gets easily jealous and wants to be popular among the students. Jo Sun Joo plays Go Ha Neul’s partner in the classroom, Kim Yi Boon; Lee Yoon Hee plays the forever-second-fiddle vice principal Lee Seung Taek; Heo Tae Hee plays the quick-witted and fierce regular teacher Ha Soo Hyun; and Ye Soo Jung plays career counselor Yoon Yeo Hwa.

black-dog.jpg

The production staff of “Black Dog” stated, “It was an exciting script reading, considering that so many character actors were gathered in one place. They will reveal the reality of our current times through the theme of short-term teachers. Please look forward to a completely different type of school drama.”

“Black Dog” premieres on December 16, after the end of “Catch the Ghost.”

Source: Soompi

First script reading for tvN Black Dog with Seo Hyun-jin, Ra Mi-ran

by tccolb

0004234159_001_20191101092129607_1.jpg

The cast and crew of tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama Black Dog recently got together for the first script reading, and photos have now been released featuring lead actors Seo Hyun-jin (Beauty Inside), Ra Mi-ran (Rude Miss Young-ae), and Ha Joon (Arthdal Chronicles).

The drama takes place at a private high school where Seo Hyun-jin’s character, Go Haneul, starts a new short-term teaching position. With a focus on the teachers, the story follows rookie teacher Seo, who finds life at the private school to be a world and society in itself. Although they each hold onto and nurture their individual dreams, it is an ongoing struggle for the teachers, as well as the students, to survive against the slew of competition and challenges that this “world” presents.

Thankfully, Seo Hyun-jin finds a friend and mentor in Ra Mi-ran, who plays Park Sung-soon. Head of faculty and a workaholic, she works tirelessly to help the students and is always willing to go above and beyond if it is for their benefit.

Also at the school is Ha Joon, whose character Do Yeon-woo is popular among the students for being both good at teaching and good-looking. Upright and an idealist at heart, he believes success to be possible in any field if you have the capabilities and is not swayed by social pressures to cater to work superiors.

The supporting cast were also at the reading, includes Lee Chang-hoon (One Spring Night) playing a teacher known as “Too Chatty,” Jung Hae-kyun (Melting Me Softly) as Seo Hyun-jin’s uncle, and Ye Soo-jung (The Lies Within) as another teacher at the school.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/11/first-script-reading-for-tvn-black-dog-with-seo-hyun-jin-ra-mi-ran/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019-2020] Black Dog, 블랙독 - Seo Hyun Jin, Ra Mi Ran & Ha Joon - Mo & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Premieres on December 16th

Kim Seung-hoon confirmed his next work with TVN's TV drama `` Black Dog. ''

c2a00401-2f64-4137-9277-e7d4bc5c6266.jpg

In the play, Kim Seung-hoon plays Cha Tae-ho, the information manager of the school, which is the background of the play. It is a character that energizes the play by forming a chemistry with Go Sky (Seo Hyun Jin) and teachers.

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/1406_201911080927020151

Black Dog seems to have started filming since Aug.

Colourful Black Dog script books.

Ra Mi Ran and actors.

Student actors not familiar to me!

Spoiler

Shooting the 7th episode had ended.

Seo Hyun Jin as Go Ha Neul in action for the drama Black Dog!

Credit to Ig owner.

Lim Hyun-sung confirms appearance as Yoo Jae-ho, administrative director of tvN 'Black Dog'

1VQS56UT87_1.jpg

In the play, Lim Hyun-sung took on the role of Yoo Jae-ho, who was a wealthy relationship with the chairman who stood at the center of a private school faction. Lim Hyun-sung is going to work closely with the teachers and act as the director of the administrative office, “Yoo Jae-ho,” who keeps abreast of the internal affairs of the school.

https://m.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1VQS56UT87#_enliple

Credit to Soompi Hyunjinies for the 1st teaser English trans.

Ha Neul's teacher had sacrificed her life to save young Ha Neul, don't know what exactly happened, it must be painful to recall back yet from this teaser she's looking for the answer why! I would rather move on and let time heal my pain. But this part could be touching and I like to watch touching story! Very excited to see how the womance between Seo Hyun Jin and Ra Mi Ran will develop, hope the next teaser shall reveal to us!

“Black Dog” Teases Mystery And Drama In First Previews With Seo Hyun Jin And Ra Mi Ran

Nov 16, 2019
by R. Jun
0364a4592f4145adac3c2ce2404f17d8.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Black Dog” has revealed the first previews for Seo Hyun Jin and Ra Mi Ran.

“Black Dog” tells the story of a young woman named Go Ha Neul who is hired for a short-term teaching position and struggles to keep her dreams in the harsh reality of the classroom.

In the new stills, an inexperienced Go Ha Neul (Seo Hyun Jin) arrives for her first day as a teacher at a prestigious private high school. She looks excited and eager to begin work, although as the school folds into fierce preparations for college entrance exams, Go Ha Neul will be faced with growing pains.

In the preview with both Park Sung Soon and Go Ha Neul, there is a decidedly chill atmosphere, raising anticipation as to the nature of the characters’ relationship with each other. Go Ha Neul’s and Park Sung Soon’s smiles from the previous stills are suddenly nowhere to be seen, and Go Ha Neul stands nervously at attention, waiting for Park Sung Soon to speak.

seo-hyun-jin-ra-mi-ran-black-dog.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1365937wpp/black-dog-teases-mystery-and-drama-in-first-previews-with-seo-hyun-jin-and-ra-mi-ran

Archived