[Variety 2020] Twogether (Netflix) 26 June 2PM KST Premiere!

Twogether 

Other Name : 2ManTrip

Cast : Lee Seung Gi, Jasper Liu

Broadcast in : Netflix 

Press Con : 6/23

Airing date : 6/26

Episodes : 8

Language : Korean / Chinese

Type : Travelling Documentary

Shooting Location : Indonesia (Yogyakarta & Bali), Thailand (Bangkok & Chiang Mai), Nepal (Kathmandu)

IG : 2mantrip 

NXqYSGw.jpg

Twogether is a nonfiction series starring Lee Seung-gi (Vagabond, Busted S2) and Jasper Liu (Triad Princess). They do not speak each other's languages but become best buddies while traveling together in various countries, where their fans are ready to greet and share special stories.

Source : Netflix Media Center / various sources.

• 5 weeks later...

@Lawyerh I love a good Jasper press conference! I've seen him in real life 3 times (twice at fan meets and once at a concert for his old band) and he's always good fun.

They dropped the trailer this morning :heart:

• Awesome 1

@Lawyerh Haha, we are opposites then! I've never watched a Lee Seung Gi drama though I know he's in Vagabond. But I'm guessing you must be here for him just as I'm here for Jasper :joy: I think it'll be fun watching them speak all the languages of the world, haha

• LOL 1

@wallflowersforjane I think LSG is pretty charming - haven't seen his stuff but I did recently come across one of those netflix behind the scenes videos he did with Suzy and he seems so nice. I'm a big Jasper fan, but ironically haven't watched Amour Et Patisserie. He was a bit more of a newbie then. but following most projects up to Before we get married and Triad Princess, I think he's gotten much more versatile as an actor. 

Found some good quality stills of the Netflix trailer, so here's a few. Since I don't wanna get in trouble with the admins for too many pictures - I've popped the rest on my blog: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/06/netflix-drops-trailer-of-twogether.html

FwtZJF3.jpg

TqatCdo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JenL said:

@wallflowersforjane I think LSG is pretty charming - haven't seen his stuff but I did recently come across one of those netflix behind the scenes videos he did with Suzy and he seems so nice. I'm a big Jasper fan, but ironically haven't watched Amour Et Patisserie. He was a bit more of a newbie then. but following most projects up to Before we get married and Triad Princess, I think he's gotten much more versatile as an actor. 

Oh he is! He's such a sweetheart. I have been watching him since 2D1N. Admittedly, haven't really caught up with his post-army projects though. Little Forest is on my list to watch soon! I was just looking at Jasper's filmography, is My Goddess worth watching? I saw the buzz of Before We Get Married but I really like shows that are set out of the city and has a slower vibe.

@Lawyerh Oh, 6-parts okay! I hope it's weekly. Will be nice to chit-chat about each episode with everyone. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Lawyerh Yep, Jasper is good at playing guitar! He used to be a guitarist in an indie band called Morning Call which is kind of why I started following him after I watched one of his dramas :heart: Here's a photo of him at a Morning Call concert I attended in 2016 before the band went on hiatus. I hear LSG is also a musician? Is that right?

fP9cIak.jpg

@wallflowersforjane Yay! Looking forward to chatting with you about this show too and learning about LSG. Little forrest sounds familiar - is it a drama or variety show? Funny you should mention My Goddess - I only started watching that not too long ago. It's very scenic and I like how warm the drama feels as it's set in the Taiwanese countryside with villagers - there's lots of pretty shots of flowers, farmlands and beaches. You might also like When I See You Again which is kind of set in the countryside also, which also looks at the lives of villagers, but maybe more slapstick in comedy than My Goddess.

Also found a Nepal article about Jasper and LSG visiting their country for Twogether!

cMuwHiw.jpg

• Love 2

1 hour ago, JenL said:

@wallflowersforjane Yay! Looking forward to chatting with you about this show too and learning about LSG. Little forrest sounds familiar - is it a drama or variety show? Funny you should mention My Goddess - I only started watching that not too long ago. It's very scenic and I like how warm the drama feels as it's set in the Taiwanese countryside with villagers - there's lots of pretty shots of flowers, farmlands and beaches. You might also like When I See You Again which is kind of set in the countryside also, which also looks at the lives of villagers, but maybe more slapstick in comedy than My Goddess.

Those are magic words! I will put it on my list to give it a go.

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

I hope Jasper & SG still keep contact too.. kind of want to see their more pics together

Yeah! Hope they will post more to hype the show in the next few weeks!

• Like 2

Almost lost my soompi password since it's been a while I logged in. But here I'm excited for this show, anticipating Jasper Liu's first full variety (aside from those tw-variety and k-variety (Superman returns) of him being a guest). I also love LSG in variety shows, it's a good match.

Oh, saw comment about Jasper seemingly calm and sweet, I agree on the sweet part but he's really quite 4D and humorous. I was quite worried that the language barrier might make him not going full out but the trailer seems so fun and exceeded my expectations. Just so excited!

Oh @JenL Long time no see! Just wanted to give a shout out.

I doubt Jasper would be able to join the 23rd June press conference as he's currently filming his new drama with Shen Yue in China. Maybe just a video message?

As for Jasper's drama, I personally like My Goddess the most because of the scenery and how warm the overall vibe is but there's no English subs so not many international fans can discuss this one with me.

Before We Get Married is probably the most popular choice because of the "cheating" provocative theme, it's quite realistic in terms of execution although female lead annoys me so much in 2nd part that dropped ratings for me for this show :[  (Edit: also warning that male lead character setting is also "provocative" as in a bit borderline disturbing in first few episodes, although it reverses in 2nd half)

His box office hit movie More Than Blue is also quite the tearjerker although it gets mixed review, but he's sporting a long lock in this one so he looks quite different.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Hi @c_gunawan541

44 minutes ago, c_gunawan541 said:

As for Jasper's drama, I personally like My Goddess the most because of the scenery and how warm the overall vibe is but there's no English subs so not many international fans can discuss this one with me.

Before We Get Married is probably the most popular choice because of the "cheating" provocative theme, it's quite realistic in terms of execution although female lead annoys me so much in 2nd part that dropped ratings for me for this show :[  (Edit: also warning that male lead character setting is also "provocative" as in a bit borderline disturbing in first few episodes, although it reverses in 2nd half)

Yay, another vote of confidence for My Goddess, definitely will watch it. I found a source last night. I can understand Mandarin so luckily don't need subs, although I sometimes still like it as a back-up. I don't think I will watch Before We Get Married, I just want sweet and fluffy during this period of life. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

Hi @wallflowersforjane back :) 

1 hour ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Hi @c_gunawan541

Yay, another vote of confidence for My Goddess, definitely will watch it. I found a source last night. I can understand Mandarin so luckily don't need subs, although I sometimes still like it as a back-up. I don't think I will watch Before We Get Married, I just want sweet and fluffy during this period of life. :sweatingbullets:

In terms of fluffy, I think him with Before we get married's lead actress another drama Pleasantly Surprised/Love Myself or You is more fluffy and sweet for first 12 episodes, although I think his acting is green here. He showed range in Before we get married and More than Blue imo. He's also pretty good in My Goddess, comedic chops and serious portion all quite on point. Although I watched all of his works since I'm such a big fan, I like him MOSTLY for his personality, his acting used to be green during the first few years of his debut but his improvement is apparent in recent years, he matured. He's known as Taiwan's nation boyfriend for many years due to his positive image and he have a cute and nice personality.

Anyways, enough of me gushing over Jasper, haha.

I thought the production team is quite genius in thinking to pair these two up because they both give me similar vibes, boyish, sunny and overgrown boys with mature mindset. Nice and friendly guys. I like LSG more in variety but I did watch a couple of his dramas like Shining Inheritance, Gumiho, the one with Go Ara, all that I like, etc. But I definitely like him most in variety shows, he's witty and he got the ability to carry a show as MC, so definitely can help Jasper as he's the variety noob. Lols.

Thought this scene is funny, hahaha

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, c_gunawan541 said:

Anyways, enough of me gushing over Jasper, haha.

Haha! Why, it helps me understand him better before the show starts! Sorry, I can't really do the same for LSG though. I like him for his personality too but I haven't been following his works recently. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, it looks like a great match! And they are of the same age, so they can be comfortable with one another. 

Counting down 12 more days to the premier!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Haha! Why, it helps me understand him better before the show starts! Sorry, I can't really do the same for LSG though. I like him for his personality too but I haven't been following his works recently. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, it looks like a great match! And they are of the same age, so they can be comfortable with one another. 

Counting down 12 more days to the premier!

I don't want to annoy other LSG fans here, lols so I'm gonna keep my gushing minimal :p

Anyways, if their chemistry is more like LSG being the tease and Jasper being the helpless noob, it'll be quite funny, hahaha

EabmIY5U0AA4H-U?format=jpg&name=small

Oh I topped page 3 :)

I thought this image of them resembles dumb and dumber duo (in a cute way of course).

Meme worthy, with both of their faces going "Oooooh"

EaPX0sdUYAI4RnN?format=jpg&name=small

This one sums up their chemistry? Haha

• LOL 1

Saw some posts saying that the press conference is gonna be held online on 23rd June and Jasper's name is listed as the guest, so here I'm hoping they'll livestream the whole conference. If it's online, then Jasper should be able to attend. Excited!!!

Posting some stills and promotional poster spotted in Korea

• Awesome 1