[Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까

0ly40

On 6/25/2020 at 7:33 PM, brooksmom said:

@mary-ann Thanks for the video. I meant to give you a thanks trophy but I was too quick to click. These look like a fun group.

thanks anyway, thats so nice of you, hope we will get more releases soon.

(by the way this is abit of topic but sjh's new movie intruder is now released but does anyone know if it will eventually be uploaded on netflix im dying to see it, and so far i havent seen it in released in cinemas in my country)

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/02/the-messages-of-was-it-love-told-by-the-actors/

The Messages of ‘Was It Love?’ Told by the Actors

by krishkim | Images: JTBC

The actors of drama Was It Love? delivered messages of encouragement ahead of the first episode on July 8.

7B917A30-EEB6-4B7C-BEE4-405DB4887483.jpg

Was It Love? depicts a “four-to-one romance” between Noh Ae Jung, who has been living as a single mother for the past 14 years, and four men with different charms.

The production team said, “As a gift of flower path is presented in front of Jo Ae Jung, we hope that the drama will be a present to those who have given up on dreams and love.” Actors Song Ji Hyo, Son Ho Jun, Song Jong Ho, Koo Ja Sung, and Kim Min Joon also delivered their messages.

Spoiler

60364DDD-F170-4A84-A8AE-FB13AC90DB27.jpg

Song Ji Hyo: These days, we are all tired of reality due to unexpected circumstances, and living our lives as we halt something precious. And to those people, I recommend Was It Love? that is full of love and dreams. With “positive power” Ae Jung, I hope you will find yourself who have either been forgotten or ignored and remind yourself of the sunny spring days.

Spoiler

1FDF6951-F4BC-492D-95C9-3B2CC56CE7B7.jpg

Son Ho Jun: At any moment, love exists, and if you look around, you may find it close by. That is the key message of Was It Love?. Even if you have given up, a gift-like love, just like Noh Ae Jung, might visit you. I think living a life expecting such a day can give you heart-fluttering moments.

Spoiler

181AE6D4-76AD-44EB-AA06-4F4C6393C520.jpg

Song Jong Ho: I think that one’s happiness depends on dreams and love rather than the way the society sees and the surroundings. I hope you don’t give up on hope and live a life of loving someone wholeheartedly.

Spoiler

1D41BC28-350E-4370-AE21-20856FF70CC0.jpg

Koo Ja Sung: You can never give up on your dreams and love. The more you do, the more you should watch Was It Love?. The romance that suddenly visits Noh Ae Jung, who believe there is no such thing as love, and the series of events she faces as she moves forward to fulfill her dream of becoming a movie producer will act a wake-up call to remind the “hotness” in your hearts that you have forgotten.

Spoiler

77C11C6D-A496-4E6D-A370-4B9EAF7B2812.jpg

Kim Min Joon: Dreams and love are not something that you give up on. Until the day you close your eyes, you have to keep them in your hearts. Such dreams and love that have been sitting in your hearts will one day come true. Just like how Ah Jung gets one step closer to her dream of “movies.” In this sense, Was It Love? is a drama that makes us realize how beautiful the times of dreaming and loving are.

Source (1)

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까 - Wed & Thu 21:30 @ KST - Premieres July 8th

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 07. 08.

"Was Is Love?": Single mom Song Ji Hyo energetic despite struggling to raise her child

9117C67F-ED06-413E-B57C-2333A39EA23D.jpg

Song Ji Hyo has returned to the small screen with the role of a single mother in the drama "Was It Love?". The actress plays an optimistic woman who always stands on her own feet to survive in the harsh world for the sake of her own family. Besides, this character has a burning passion for cinema.

The episode on July 8 of the new Wed-Thu drama "Was It Love?" (JTBC) revolves around Song Ji Hyo (as Noh Ae Jeong) applying for the accountant position of a film production company after she had to go through a slew of part-time jobs like a newspapers hawker that has to go to work early in the morning, a cashier at the mall, or a box office clerk at a theater. During this strenuous period of her, it was revealed that she is a single mother. When asked why she dropped out of college while there was only one term left from graduation, Song Ji Hyo answered, "I became a mother when I was 23. and have to raise my child alone." Nevertheless, her cinema dream is still burning. That fiery passion is still present and never wanes in her heart.

Song Ji Hyo worked hard as an accountant for 8 long years at Thumb Film company. However, this company suddenly faces difficulties and fails to pay salaries for its staff on time. Even so, Song Ji Hyo's face is still with brightness and radiance, making viewers' hearts flutter. Having a deep love for movies, she stands a chance to become the PD at the company. In fact, it is not even a chance when the director runs away and this is his scheme to shift all his debt to Song Ji Hyo. Belatedly knowing the truth, Song Ji Hyo sinks into despair.

However, she could not just do nothing like that. Even if the sky fell, there would be a solution. After discovering the copyright contract with star writer Son Ho Joon (as Oh Dae Oh, pen name Cheon Eok Man), Song Ji Hyo then took the contract and visited CEO Kim Min Joon (as Goo Pa Do) of the loan company. She asked Kim Min Joon to invest, confident that this movie would be a big hit. Kim Min Joon offered to not only eliminate all her company's debts but also invest another 10 billion won if Son Ho Joon and Song Jong Ho (as by Ryu Jin) - an actor who is about to enter the Hollywood market - accepted to participate in this work.

Song Ji Hyo rushed to complete that task without hesitation. She kept sending emails to Son Ho Joon, tried to persuade him. She even checked  his schedule and went to where he was. Song Jong Ho once dated a classmate when he was in university. There was something mysterious existing between the two that Song Ji Hyo didn't know. Along with that, she also had a chance to meet and greet Koo Ja Sung (as Oh Yeon Woo) - her daughter's homeroom teacher. When they met, Koo Ja Sung had a happy smile on his face as it turned out Song Ji Hyo is his first love.

Viewers are focusing their attention on how the story of strong woman Song Ji Hyo and four men including Son Ho Joon, Song Jong Ho, Koo Ja Sung, and Kim Min Joon will continue in her tough daily life when their predestined relationships were unfolded right from the first episode.

Reporter Hwang So Young /hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

It kicks off with such great storyline. And I feel it clicked on me with just one episode. So its a good sign and I hope it will keep me hooked continuously. 

It's interesting here which I thought she was already a PD after so many years working at ther conpany but actually she's just begun from the starch, a lively aspiring PD. It's a good concept combined with some complexity life of her as a single parent. It will deals with many aspects of real life problem which nowadays still become a stigma among the society. 

I can see the cast line-up are good and trusworthy enough based on previous dramas with them in it too. I like Kim Mi Kyung is again being such a nice and caring mother figure here. The scene where Noh Ae Jeong broke the cup and cried of her bad day is so heartbreaking. Only with just episode they make me cry a lot. When she blamed herself for breaking it mom replied it was the the cup's blame for being cheap.  I love this simple line but it has its depth of comforting in that situation. This is just one of the many interesting scenes that episode have so far. Aside from this one I also felt moved for the scene she has with her daughter HN at school. It is pretty hard to live with their condition where people see them with distrust. 

And it is so interesting to have a guessing game inside the drama. We got some clues of who could be the father of her daughter and I believe this will lead a change to their life after those 14 years. Who could it be? The writer is my first bet. Cuz he's likely the one. With what reason, with my own speculative reason, he's the male lead and AJ seems to be hesitated in meeting him again. Though, my judgement will be adaptive as the episodes move on later. 

Wait what.....

There is the book 

And oh yeon woo was the dad?

But there is no way ah jeong act like that if yeon woo was the dad.

The breakup sith oh dae oh still a mystery with just a little flashback and feels like two different pov?

Ah jeong said that he left her while dae oh said she left him. 

Is it a misunderstanding or something?

Well isnt it obvious that the dad most likely is oh dae oh? And thats why she said he took everything from her???

Wow this feels interesting. 

And we havent even seen dasom yet and still don know what her character is about in the drama.

Well in the relationship chart she seems connected to dae oh now i wonder what it is all about. 

i haven't seen SJH in a drama for a long time (other than Running Man) so here i am, popped in for ep1 and, i'm loving it :hypehype:

out of the 4 men that appeared, the moneylender mafia was really intriguing and sexy :winkx: although the synopsis had already explained the plot, but my first impression of ep1 struck as Mamma Mia! like you know, Ha Nee could have been curious which could possibly be her dad :ilike:

the scene where AJ immediately kneeled down before the parents of that kid bully broke my heart... like, she is so used apologizing and seeking forgiveness during the years bringing up her daughter and going around persuading and pleading scriptwriters/investors for her career... 

edited to add: i'm really glad that in recent kdramas, most of the female leads during their hardship has a caring mom or a really good friend... in this case, AJ has both! :transforms:

Wow! It has been a while since I've posted something here in Soompi, but it's so good to be back. As a fan of Song Ji Hyo, I was amazed at how the first episode of this Netflix Drama was done. It was such a roller-coaster ride of emotions that will really put you hanging on the edge. Since I've been away for a long time on Soompi, pardon me if I'll post so many things about this drama. It might contain spoiler, too, so I'm apologizing in advance.

The opening part of the drama reminds me of Lee Bo Young's character, Jang Hye Sung, in her 2013 Drama "I Can Hear Your Voice". Her character there and Song Ji Hyo's character, No Ae Jung, here were being interviewed on why they are applying for a job and why they had to stop studying. Because they couldn't answer the question at first, they were almost rejected but after answering the question sincerely, they were able to make it. In Ae Jung's case, she had to quit her university days because she became a mom - which she said was not a regret. 

The scenes in this drama are all so interesting. it's an all-in, and I'm so into it. The dramatic, comedic, and romantic scenes (although not so sure of it, I kinda have a little thought about those four men in her life) are way so creatively and productively done. I'm afraid that if I say more, I'd be recapping the whole scene in this post. Haha.

I hope that this drama will continue to keep me/us wanting for more because I really can't wait for another episode to come. Also, I hope this drama gets good ratings and good reviews.

After watching two episodes, I'm leaning towards Ryu Jin as Na Hee's father. In the episodes shown to us, Oh Dae O and Ryu Jin's characters are way so close. Their real relationship can actually be brothers since it seems to me that Ryu Jin and Noh Ae Jung are older than Oh Dae O. Oh Dae O calls Ryu Jin "hyung", too. Since Oh Dae O is using "Cheon Eok Man" as his pseudonym, I'm guessing that the actor's name "Ryu Jin" is also just a stage name/screen name/pseudonym and that his real name is Oh Yeon Woo. It just happens that Ae Jung knows a certain guy named Oh Yeon Woo, too, and so we are presented the first plot among the four of those handsome and oh-so-fantastic men as to who the real father of Na Hee is. 

Haha! This is just my thought/idea though. I maybe or may be wrong since there's a lot more way to go but for now, I'm assuming that it's Ryu Jin. His close relationship with Oh Dae O might probably be put to test upon realizing the situation that will envelop the three of them, but in case this theory is wrong, I'm way more than happy to have shared this with you guys. 

After all, the next one in line as the father for me would be Koo Pa Do, and then Oh Dae O, and then the homeroom teacher Oh Yeon Woo. Haha. Whoever the real father is, I won't have any problem with it since I suppose those four men are just so good in their own field personally and professionally.

Again, sorry for my long post. I'll definitely be happily enjoying, analyzing, figuring out, and following this drama as well as this forum. I wish I could see you guys here and be able to talk to you all, too. 

Did We Love?/Was it Love?/We Were in Love Team, Fighting! :) 

39 minutes ago, corey said:

Ok, I've seen the first episode. So we really do not know who the father of Na Heeis ? Ok, I won't be speculating. I am not good at such things.

I am sure the drama will tell us in due time. 

Now, the question is who wil the FL end up with?

I would love her to end up with the gangster, ha ha. Definitely not the teacher, since her daughter has a crush on him too.

Definitely not the famous actor, because that just would not work.

I do not think it would be the writer, since they seem to have some sort of history.

But I suppose it will be, because all the other three options are highly unlikely.

Any other bets?

Hello @corey! The gangster matches her best in most aspects, I think. Haha. I was actually wondering why the scene in the preview given to us last time (the one where he watches her on the projector/screen wasn't shown yet but maybe in the next episode/s, it will show. Maybe they knew each other in the past, had a history together, but something happened and he had to undergo some surgery/operation. There was a scene that shows a big scar on his chest in the first episode so maybe that's also a hint. Who knows Na Hee and his son might be siblings/half-siblings. Haha.

But again, it's still way to early to speculate since the drama's just starting. It's just that my mind can't stop thinking who's who. And this drama is making it so confusingly and surprisingly good. 

Can't wait for the next two episodes next week which is just too far away from today. Huhu. Haha!

Am loving this drama after only 2 episodes.  It's got tears, romance, mystery (who the dad is),  family, societal prejudices, and most importantly, laughter! I sincerely pray it stays as engaging, if not more, through the end.

Among the 4 men associated with SJH's character, her chemistry with the loan shark CEO is the most appealing for me.  There is a lot of tension and hilarious posdibilities between them.   I want their story-line to be developed to the max, regardless who she ends up with at the end. 

6 hours ago, shaym said:

(the one where he watches her on the projector/screen wasn't shown yet but maybe in the next episode/s, it will show.

i might sound cliche here, but could it be AJ looks like his wife who had passed away? his son did mention to Ha Nee that she was gone when he was young... i dun think AJ would have been a cast in a movie? :idk:

i love how AJ's friend encouraged her using the analogy of the chipped whiskey glass. AJ life might have been disrupted with the pregnancy and school dropout, but now is a chance for her to shine again as a producer in Thumb. the old script in the attic, had her name as the producer, Dae O as the scriptwriter and Ryu Jin as the actor... they were already meant to be the ATEAM since university days! :handsup: Ryu Jin never got his chance to confess to AJ last time... when she took on the challenge to try kiss him, he probably din know it was a challenge and asked to head over to somewhere else instead...

AJ must have been such a popular girl in school hahaha!!! all the good looking guys in this drama swooned over her!!... and, Dae O has such captivating eyes... i can't help staring at his eyes whenever he appears onscreen :luvarrow:

Since this is a nifty place to out theories.. lol well first I was thinking it'd just be some cute "a girl wants to find someone to keep her mom company" kind of story with various matchmaking hijinks, but I guess they're going with some kind of MammaMia twist instead.. not crazy about that since this is even more likely to overlook the poly-potential lol yet after now watching the first two eps, whoa.. so unexpectedly ~angsty, omg!

First off, arghh DISLIKE when a two-way mixup caused ppl to lose decade+ of time together, especially with leaving strong negative feelings on both sides.. owww. But it also seems ~someone may be responsible, & if it is.. u.u

So, theory goes: In college, DaeOh liked AeJung, she kind of first liked his best friend RyuJin, & RJ actually likes.. *cough* ~.~ Well, when AJ & DO end up together later on, smth happened some time after to split them up, & in a very bad way since the way they acted, they don't seemed to have talked it thru at all. Perhaps.. they were ~both dumped by A NOTE, in which one says some stuff like "We can't be together anymore. Stay away from me from now on. I don't want to be tied down." the usual horrible shiz that would make a person instantly want to never see you again anyways. Except they each THINK it came from the other person.. thus the agony at feeling abandoned.. but what if ~RyuJin wrote them, to purposely split up AJ&DO?

Of course, RJ didn't realize DO would take it so hard (the running himself to death, for one) nor did he kno that AJ was pregnant & planning to tell DO happily before she got that note that turned her world upside-down. He just.. got what he wanted, to stay by DO's side ever since. He may have even kept them from communicating later too, like in the scene where DO comes back saying he wants AJ to read the first draft of the story he wrote for them & I think that one had a much better (happy) ending but when there is no response from AJ at all ie maybe RJ tells DO that she refuses to hear anything he has to say, that's when the story gets its female char just turned into a "coldhearted" heartbreaker, which he ends up publishing.

After leaving college, AeJung met YeonWoo & HE fell hard & even tho she told him she was having a child, being the pure sunshine that he is, he vowed to help her & be the father if that's what she needed. Except she eventually pushes him away because she felt too guilty about (some cliche here over his youth & freedom & also maybe cuz she couldn't fully love him back too *sniffle* my heart..) so he reluctantly respected her wishes & just took some job opportunity elsewhere, hoping to see her again someday. AeJung kept the book YW made for her while they were together because it was a source of ~comfort, even if they ended awkwardly. Wouldn't anyone? Too sweet!! ♡

Now, better late than never? RyuJin is feeling guilty & maybe he wants to confess. Or maybe he's wanted to for years, just at some point got scared & has hidden in his cowardice ever since. How will they react? Worse, how much more guiltier will he feel when finds out about HaNi? 

But arghh.. the fact that DaeOh missed out on over a decade of his daughter's life AND has spent it bitterly hating the person he loved so much (& she him).. x.x

How will they recover from such a cruel separation?? 

On 7/10/2020 at 10:55 AM, sadthe1st said:

i might sound cliche here, but could it be AJ looks like his wife who had passed away? his son did mention to Ha Nee that she was gone when he was young... i dun think AJ would have been a cast in a movie? 

i love how AJ's friend encouraged her using the analogy of the chipped whiskey glass. AJ life might have been disrupted with the pregnancy and school dropout, but now is a chance for her to shine again as a producer in Thumb. the old script in the attic, had her name as the producer, Dae O as the scriptwriter and Ryu Jin as the actor... they were already meant to be the ATEAM since university days!  Ryu Jin never got his chance to confess to AJ last time... when she took on the challenge to try kiss him, he probably din know it was a challenge and asked to head over to somewhere else instead...

AJ must have been such a popular girl in school hahaha!!! all the good looking guys in this drama swooned over her!!... and, Dae O has such captivating eyes... i can't help staring at his eyes whenever he appears onscreen 

Hi @sadthe1st! That's most likely a reason, too. The one he's gazing with so much thought in his mind seems to be different from Noh Ae Jung's character - and it's like in China/Chinese-related, too. Maybe that's why he was speaking in Chinese in some scenes (where he was talking to a beaten member of a gang/group). He was looking for someone so maybe that someone is connected to him and NAJ or to him and his son. There's also this solo picture of Ji Hyo's character looking so fierce that I've seen somewhere, so like what you have mentioned, AJ looking very similar with his ex-wife can be a possible plot. Haha.

Regarding with the film they did way back in their Hankuk University Days, you have a good point - it's true that Ryu Jin's name was already that one before he became a famous actor. But maybe he was already an aspiring one way back. Haha! I don't know for sure, but hopefully we get to see his interaction with NAJ in present time, too. He's the only one not being able to talk to her after such a long time. Haha. 

I do agree with @mel22 (hi there, by the way :)) that their (PD-AJ) scenes together are full of chemistry, too. I wish their scenes were also longer. And even Oh Dae O and Yeon Woo's scenes with her, too! Maybe Song Ji Hyo majored in Chemistry quadruple times that's why her chemistry with the four male leads is just so overflowing! All of them are so equally appealing! I don't know how to call this syndrome. Is it PentaLove/STFL (Second-Third-Fourth-Lead) Syndrome? Haha! I'm still not certain who's the very lead yet. Haha!

I wish the next two episodes will be available sooner than soon! **counting the days**

On 7/10/2020 at 2:41 PM, SimbiAni said:

Since this is a nifty place to out theories.. lol well first I was thinking it'd just be some cute "a girl wants to find someone to keep her mom company" kind of story with various matchmaking hijinks, but I guess they're going with some kind of MammaMia twist instead.. not crazy about that since this is even more likely to overlook the poly-potential lol yet after now watching the first two eps, whoa.. so unexpectedly ~angsty, omg!

First off, arghh DISLIKE when a two-way mixup caused ppl to lose decade+ of time together, especially with leaving strong negative feelings on both sides.. owww. But it also seems ~someone may be responsible, & if it is.. u.u

So, theory goes: In college, DaeOh liked AeJung, she kind of first liked his best friend RyuJin, & RJ actually likes.. *cough* ~.~ Well, when AJ & DO end up together later on, smth happened some time after to split them up, & in a very bad way since the way they acted, they don't seemed to have talked it thru at all. Perhaps.. they were ~both dumped by A NOTE, in which one says some stuff like "We can't be together anymore. Stay away from me from now on. I don't want to be tied down." the usual horrible shiz that would make a person instantly want to never see you again anyways. Except they each THINK it came from the other person.. thus the agony at feeling abandoned.. but what if ~RyuJin wrote them, to purposely split up AJ&DO?

Of course, RJ didn't realize DO would take it so hard (the running himself to death, for one) nor did he kno that AJ was pregnant & planning to tell DO happily before she got that note that turned her world upside-down. He just.. got what he wanted, to stay by DO's side ever since. He may have even kept them from communicating later too, like in the scene where DO comes back saying he wants AJ to read the first draft of the story he wrote for them & I think that one had a much better (happy) ending but when there is no response from AJ at all ie maybe RJ tells DO that she refuses to hear anything he has to say, that's when the story gets its female char just turned into a "coldhearted" heartbreaker, which he ends up publishing.

After leaving college, AeJung met YeonWoo & HE fell hard & even tho she told him she was having a child, being the pure sunshine that he is, he vowed to help her & be the father if that's what she needed. Except she eventually pushes him away because she felt too guilty about (some cliche here over his youth & freedom & also maybe cuz she couldn't fully love him back too *sniffle* my heart..) so he reluctantly respected her wishes & just took some job opportunity elsewhere, hoping to see her again someday. AeJung kept the book YW made for her while they were together because it was a source of ~comfort, even if they ended awkwardly. Wouldn't anyone? Too sweet!! ♡

Now, better late than never? RyuJin is feeling guilty & maybe he wants to confess. Or maybe he's wanted to for years, just at some point got scared & has hidden in his cowardice ever since. How will they react? Worse, how much more guiltier will he feel when finds out about HaNi? 

But arghh.. the fact that DaeOh missed out on over a decade of his daughter's life AND has spent it bitterly hating the person he loved so much (& she him).. x.x

How will they recover from such a cruel separation?? 

Hello @SimbiAni

That's such an interesting theory! Ryu Jin could actually have done that because of the bitterness he felt when he found out that the almost love he had with Ae Jung was given to Dae Oh instead. It could be possible that he was so in love with her, so at the time that AJ had asked him for them to kiss due to a dare, he was already contemplating to confess, but DO ruined the mood for them and took the chance to confess first. Making AJ's heart and feelings swaying to DO as time goes by. Maybe RJ, conveying something to AJ and DO separately, something in between led those lovers to break up which pained all of them. Obviously, AJ and DO have no closure yet since both of them are unaware of what exactly happened since the second episode showed us two different sides of their break-up.

Archived