The Legends 招摇

Arsenal Military Academy 烈火军校

Once Upon a Time in LingJian Mountain 从前有座灵剑山    

Untouchable Lovers 凤囚凰 

Story of YanXi Palace 延禧攻略

Additional Links

On 10/29/2019 at 10:31 PM, angelangie said:

he is great in 'The Legends' too just too bad about the ending :x

It was a hot mess after episode 40. Bai Lu and Xu Kai were both so great. I had to search for the web novel and try only remember ending of the novel. 

Being fan of Xu Kai is that it's hard to find anything in english. They are very limited... Amazon sells Arsenal Military Academy book 

51J01IyVzZL._SY498_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

But it's in Chinese, and I don't know much Chinese haha. I heard that this has more interaction between Xu Kai's character and Bai Lu's, hopefully I can somehow be able to read it. :)

Short Trailer for Once Upon a Time in Lingjian Mountain 《从前有座灵剑山》, from iQIYI youtube channel.

Still we don't have firm release date for this one yet. Supposedly Nov 2019. Original work is web novel, which has been adapted to anime too. Totally shallow part of me wants to see how Xu Kai would look like in anime blond hair and blue eyes. He is one of the people color lens works so fine, but probably hurt too much to make him wear during the whole filming :P

Longer version of trailer.

Release date is set to Nov. 12, 2019 in the evening in China, thru iQIYI and qq.com(Tencent Video). You can watch preview of episodes in v.qq.com.

Total number of episode is 37, so it's not too long and starts on Nov-12, for Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri so ends on Dec-12. Argh.. hopefully I can watch it with english subtitle somewhere soon.

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

try WeTV apps, i heard that they are very fast with the subtitles

thanks! I will definitely try.

Watched anime version while I am waiting for this. In anime version there are season 1 and 2 but I think the original novel was much longer. Not sure how the new drama will tell us how much of stories from which sources, season 1 was pretty much straight hero development story, and 2nd season is to how he fixes the issue(so still developing, but with longer plot and depth ). I know the drama could be different, but based on anime, Wang Lu is totally gag character with style and I can see Xu Kai bring it 100% and make it his own. 

• 2 weeks later...

Xu Kai in cosplay into girl version for Once upon a time in Lingjian Mountain and how he was from the begining transformation to become a girl :) and a interview how he is feeling and because the role he need to do...he done it.:phew:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av76351846?from=search&seid=15628301735300507423

credit Bibibili:wub:

also cut scene when ...Xu Kai ....was trying to kiss ..but was cut from the same serie  :) BL alert 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av75990269/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.3

credit Bilibili.

sad sad that was cut....from the serie .....

• 1 month later...

Clips from SUPER photoshoot with Maggie Q. I like Yoga lesson part, Xu Kai is so cute!

Yoga lesson part. Xu Kai, you needs to lose socks!

Also, Xu Kai will be in next Sunday Happy Camp episode. Here is the preview.

Video Removed from youtube. 

Looks like the theme is Chinese new year and they are wearing costumes of 12 animals from Chinese Zodiac. Xu Kai represents the Ox, which is the 2nd animal in the zodiac. (and my birth year animal!) Xu Kai happens to be born on the year of Pig, but looking at their costume I say Ox is much better :) I personally prefer armor on Xu Kai.  Looking forward to this episode, I hope that it'll show up somewhere soon, hopefully along with English subtitle. I wish Xu Kai becomes more famous this year so that I can have more english material soon!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@rosierosie Zhao Ge was actually filmed a while back... It just hasn't been aired yet (I'm assuming because Zhang Zhe Han, the ML, left Huanyu Entertainment and the drama has a lot of their artists). 

Definitely check out Xu Kai in Dance of the Sky Empire if you haven't yet and also in Arsenal Military Academy :)

• 1 month later...

@rosierosie Xu Kai is honestly a gem! At times, I feel like Gu Yanzhen can be childish but he's actually so caring as well. All those instances when he protects Xie Xiang and is jealous are so cute. I also love Xu Kai as Li Xuan in Dance of the Sky Empire. Can't wait to see more of Xu Kai <3

Archived