[Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Once Upon a Time There Was a Lingjian Mountain 从前有座灵剑山

frostflower14

334-B7-A2-D-F703-4666-A924-016-AD9443-A7

A story that follows Wang Lu, a young genius, who enters the Spirit Blade Sect and embarks on an unconventional journey towards immortal cultivation.

The Spirit Blade Sect was established in the year 4233. Through years of producing martial arts prodigies, it has been hailed as one of the five great sects. As the nine continents face a crisis, a genius by the name of Wang Lu joins the Spirit Blade Sect and comes under the tutelage Wang Wu.

Despite Wang Wu's beauty, she is hundreds of years in age. Famous for having a sharp tongue and an erratic temper, she and her disciple Wang Lu engage in endless squabbles while trudging on a path to becoming the strongest sage in all the lands.

Native Title: 从前有座灵剑山

Also Known As:  Cong Qian You Zuo Ling Jian Shan ,  Spirit Sword Mountain

Directors:  Yu Zhong Zhong

Genres:  Comedy,  Fantasy

Tags:  Xianxia,  Adapted From A Novel

Xu Kai as Wang Lu

Sandrine Pina as Wang Wu

Cristy Guo as Liu Lixian

Ryan Zhu as Hai Yun Fan

Gao Yu Er as Feng Ling

Zheng Ya Wen as Liang Qiu 

• 4 weeks later...

I got up to episode 10 and I quite enjoy it so far. There’s lots of hints of bromance between Xu Kai’s character Wang Lu and Hai Yun Fan!  The bromance is more exciting to watch than Wang Lu’s romance with his female master Wang Wu. It’s  hinted that Wang Lu is Wang Wu’s reincarnated lover.

• 2 weeks later...

Long time I didn't come here omg!!! Only because I watch this serie until episode 22 in IQIYI program and I did watch the anime version, read the manhua version, read the novel version until chapter 720 ...I'm become crazy when the serie is out. A lot difference from the novel but still keep the story under the novel version. 

Wang Lu is a person from our time who was reincarnated in this spirit mountain. So that why he is so modern when he talk about thing and truly his wisdom is really extreme. Intelligent and got the Void root, he is a same like Ouyang Shang for root who is also the senior and lover for Wang Wu. Yes its about a reincarnation so you will know they have a bit tension akward between the disciple and the teacher :heart:.

Wang Wu was so pervert and kinda immoral in the novel when she talk about a sex or everything but she was still a innocent woman. The promise from Ouyang Shang for her to keep smile and for waiting his return make her become like a ...immoral woman in the heat in the novel. In the drama for sure they cut everything like that. 

The story wasn't concentrate for romance in the novel but in the drama version after episode 19 its hinted they will start to have something between them. I'm waiting for Wang Lu got his past memory back and how he will become in front Wang Wu. They are master and disciple. 300 year separe them if I remember from the novel. 

They will have a kiss and I find the video someone upload it.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av75851513?from=search&seid=11632817483023463807

CREDIT Bilibili 

Here is the ending song and kinda some spoilers from what going on after .....

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av76342266/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.5

CREDIT Bilibili

btw Wang Lu and Hai Yun Fan was soooooo :wub: They cut some video when we saw them really in BL scene but the cut scene was upload it ....LOL

I just love it this satire funny comedy in this fantasy drama and I recommend it. I laughing so much each episode it's was so fun to watch after a stressing day at work 

Some beautiful posters 

MqsKgvb.jpg

E6gZbq2.jpg

CREDIT IQIYI

Xu Kai in this serie, his expression is the top. He was really professional and see him in girl version when he was with his teacher to investigate something :wub:

1e9bba44-0b0b-ea11-8da1-20040ff9d71d.png

credit weibo and the user who cut from the serie this image :)

EDIT:

OMG OMG OMG!!!! IT'S ON NETFLIX SATURDAY WTH OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

For anyone who have NETFLIX Canada or USA, this serie is out today on NETFLIX in english subbed until episode 8. For anyone who want english sub until episode 16 is out on IQIYI. The serie is update until episode 24 now :). Currently watch it on TV :heart:

The name from this serie is '' Once upon a time in Lingjian Mountain'' and was really end with 37 episodes :tears:. They change so much already from the novel version and was really short for cdrama. They got a lot problem with the bromance and the BL vibe, so sniff they cut all part with the BL part...wth....cry......

OK in the novel they have BL vibe, yuri vibe ....the vibes was strong sometime....

Also if someone want to know between IQIYI and NETFLIX english translation which one is better 

NETFLIX english translation is better .....:phew:

Opening Song by Wang Xiaokun - Breaking the Waves

CREDIT JUN

ENDING SONG by Dong Zhen and ( ?) - Once upon a Time

CREDIT 吕小文

Waiting for the new episode out but it's long so I'm posting here another insert song from this serie. But also it's do have many spoilers....It's about the 3 main couple in this story. If you have try to read the novel, you will find they doesn't have any romance from the first 350 chapters...The novel is end with 884 chapters. The serie isn't take 4/10 from the novel, they do have many characters that will never appear in the drama version. Yes it's kinda a parody and laughing for many ancient serie...I'm promise you will laugh until you cry :) and for the sad part...hm I didn't cry yet after 24 episodes...but some part was sad...specially about Wang Lu and his parent :tears:. I find Sandrine did a well good job for Wang Wu. If you find her acting was too much, it's because Wang Wu in the novel, manhua or anime she is like that. She was more extreme in the novel.

Bravo Sandrine, nous sommes fiers de toi et bon retour dans les séries dramas:wub: . 

Insert song 

CREDIT  24h Relaxing

MY BEST PART cut ....i love it so much Xu Kai and Sandrine acting there :heart:

credit IQIYI episode 8 

some image that I want to share with everyone

d53a580b73955c708adf98bca28677f49c8e1dfe

RMYE59C.jpg

fbLvhjs.jpg

nGehkmD.jpg

VszT0uY.jpg

So I'm update for this serie. I watch until episode 32 and dw it too. I did watch in IQIYI but I prefer to have it too. In Netflix, they have 16 episodes out today. It's seem like youtuber Marcus Sim, this serie have beat all other series for people use search and watch 

Credit Marcus Sim

In Mydramalist too is popular....but not for everyone. A lot people doesn't want to watch because it's weird or it's strange for a ancient serie to have so much joke and really modern joke inside. 

Some persons have watch the whole 37 episodes already and they are so lucky. :tears:

I'm currently reread the whole novel again just to see which different they have, they have so many -.-;; Also it's possible to have maybe a season 2 because the whole serie wasn't possible to be complete with Only 37 episodes. They cut so much, I saw in many chinese site a lot cut part. Probably this serie was like more than 45 episodes but they cut and massacre the whole serie for to make only 37 episodes :tears:

Who watch this serie seriously, I feel alone in this tread to make people watch it sniff....sadly it's the only serie I currently wach and I think I will start to watch soon Joy of Life :wub:...

IQIYI finally upload in Youtube too :heart: and choose in english to watch. Credit IQIYI

EDIT: NEVERMIND OMG i can't wait and find until episode 37 omg omg and TWO KISS!!!! TWO HOT KISS....I'm happy but it's was rushing. I just fast forward until the end but now I will watch it slowly episode 33, 34,35,36 and 37...back later :)

Please don't read if you didn't watch the whole serie...just my random thinking and spoilers

hm...I don't like how they change Wang Lu isn't....wth they massacre the novel ...Ouyang Shang, Ouyang Shang...They change again my reincarnation novel

Wasn't when Wang Lu when to the demon world and recuperate his past live memory but this change. Seem Ouyang Shang wasn't the complete soul here...

screenwriter...what have you change my reincarnation plot...I feel lost now. I hope they will have a second season because that wasn't explain at all why Wang Lu wasn't Ouyang Shang 

seriously Wang Lu you are jealous....both are the same person sigh

First kiss, when Wang Wu run and kiss Wang Lu and call Ouyang Shang, Wang Lu face was so sad...poor little him :tears:. When he was call his shifu by the name ''Wang Wu'' and told her he was Wang Lu...his face :tears:....

About my BL couple Wang Lu x Hai Yunfan

:tears: my heart for Mo Da Zu Shi is extreme so I did love this couple a lot. The farewell from Hai Yunfan to Wang Lu was so sad. Hai Yunfan said that Wang Lu was for love but he was cultivate by hate and the BIG hug make me so sad. I really hope they have season 2 please...Isn't complete at all...

totally different from the novel...they really change Hai Yunfan his whole personality =.=;;; still I do love totally this couple :w00t:

Hai Yunfan be the demon king born...and Feng Ying give a new warning at the end....it's give like a open ending to a new season. Someone please help Hai Yunfan !!! 

TENCENT please I request a season 2:tears: too much question no answer.

I love this series as well. If you like this series, you will like young detective agency (costume period cdrama). Quick witted smart protagonists. Sadly I dont think they will make season 2, a lot of cdrama ends like this lately. Potential of being continued but no continuation seem. But yea you can take it as an ending as well.

14 hours ago, Dolly Dolly said:

I love this series as well. If you like this series, you will like young detective agency (costume period cdrama). Quick witted smart protagonists. Sadly I dont think they will make season 2, a lot of cdrama ends like this lately. Potential of being continued but no continuation seem. But yea you can take it as an ending as well.

I love this serie because after a stressing day at work, I don't want something that make me stressing like any palace drama. Better something light and fluffy :wub:. This serie make me laughing a lot and that why I like it. I did start because the anime serie was out in 2017 and after read the manhua. Cannot wait so long so went to read the novel. I'm currently reread again the whole novel because trying to find all different from the cdrama and the novel.

Which serie you recommend me? Chinese name? Maybe already watch it hm...

I'm wait for the 50 BL tv serie in production right now in Chinese Mainland so I was happy to see some BL wave inside this serie. Have you finish the all 37 episodes? Did you like how is conclude? Ever Night do have a season 2 with Dylan so maybe we will have a season 2. They cannot leave like that Hai Yunfan:tears: and the novel wasn't conclude like that. 

I read so many comment about Sandrine is old, not asian......but in weibo and in chinese forum, people was glad about her acting. Half chinese and half french, she was really beautiful. Her acting for Wang Wu was good like the novel. Her character and how she is was perfect for Wang Wu description. She suppose to be 300 year old more than Wang Lu. 

Xiao Lu'er was really perfect acting by Xu Kai. His expression and how he look like when filming he good so much fun.

Did you know they have so much cut scene from the serie? Some scene here

credit from Low KS , paxker paxker 

How many scene they cut....all BL part...but Yuri part was there o.o

21 hours ago, angelangie said:

this was the drama where XuKai cross dress as a girl right? :D 

yep :w00t: Did you see his body in the water :phew::wub:

Have you see some episode or you didn't like it @angelangie:wub: ? I was trying so hard, hard and hard to bring people in this tread and keep posting but sadly isn't popular like in China. People doesn't like it because it's weird to have a comedy in ancient Xianxia serie. But I really recommend it because it's make laughing a lot after a hard day at work. 

Normaly  I won't post in Soompi because it's take so much a time to stay in a forum:sweatingbullets:. I remember sleeping before in the first Soompi before 2005 in Kim Sam Soon tread and then Soompi erase everyone and need to register back....I won't write something if isn't because I like it...feel old now LOL

Anyway, recommend it Angie seriously :) if you have some time to spend inside.

@Lunkera I know o.o I was so in shock when I finish the serie. I hope we will have a second season no joking. It's seem to be he wasn't complete so maybe ...it's will become like Ever Night. Second serie depend the audience from China and it's really popular in weibo, Bilibili....maybe they will be back into the novel. Did you complete the serie? Did you prefer in IQIYI or Netflix? I just dw in torrent and grab it. Prefer to have all my serie into my HD and watch it later...I reread the novel and now on chapter 16 and let's see how many different thing they have....

Some beautiful picture from the serie...

EDCbRLy.jpg

cOcMsPE.jpg

xwEFutw.jpg

who said Sandrine wasn't beautiful, I find her ok :)

vvqGwtW.jpg

It's up to you whether you want to watch it or not but i really find this very entertaining.  I have watched a lot of comedy movies and tv series, and i find this very refreshing.  The actors did an excellent job in expressing the emotions of the characters in this story. Yes, they're  acting can sometimes be outrageous but that is what being called for in this series.  If they don't act the way their suppose to, it would not be funny.  Sandrine Pinna as Wang Wu and Xu Kai as Wang Lu did justice to this story.  In fact all the actors, actresses and the people behind the scenes did an awesome job. I have watched and rewatched their episodes especially the part where Wang Lu's training had started.  It just makes me laugh so hard.  Hahahaha.  

Anyway, for those who haven't seen it yet I would highly recommend this for you.  i would rate it 10/10.

Archived