Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] A Little Thing Called First Love 初恋那件小事

I finished the drama today on netflix, actually watched raw yesterday. When i watched Younian confession scene with english sub, i cried every time even repeated for 3 times. It was so truthful and beautiful and earnest. He was so earnest, loving& faithful to MM even from the beginning. 

I dont blame him for being jealous and doing little things to possess over MM. As a married person, i have never done anything to irk my dear husband, but i know he will be jealous and possessive as i would too.

We got so many couples in the drama yet not one was shaded the first couple, it was very nice & amusing. I loved Younian& MiaMiao from the very start.  

Drama is a little gem i'd cherish forever. I know what drama i'd love and watch over & over again not getting bored.  

Bet this is only beginning of the Lai Kuan Lin's successful acting career, such a beautiful boy. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Moroodliin said:

I finished the drama today on netflix, actually watched raw yesterday. When i watched Younian confession scene with english sub, i cried every time even repeated for 3 times. It was so truthful and beautiful and earnest. He was so earnest, loving& faithful to MM even from the beginning. 

I dont blame him for being jealous and doing little things to possess over MM. As a married person, i have never done anything to irk my dear husband, but i know he will be jealous and possessive as i would too.

We got so many couples in the drama yet not one was shaded the first couple, it was very nice & amusing. I loved Younian& MiaMiao from the very start.  

Drama is a little gem i'd cherish forever. I know what drama i'd love and watch over & over again not getting bored.  

Bet this is only beginning of the Lai Kuan Lin's successful acting career, such a beautiful boy. 

he has 2 confession....which one are you talking about :) the first on was very sweet

the 2nd was when he was being truthful and really open up his heart to MiaoMiao as he knew that if he doesnt do it .....MiaoMiao will not go back to him :) 

• Like 3

I am talking about the last one. First one was sweet too. I love MM's confession too. With MM confession& tears, it made Younian even more handsome and amazing man to love. They totally deserve each other. 

• Like 2

Excellent drama.  Actually I liked the original Thai movie very much.  I thought how will this out to be as they made this into a drama.  But to my surprise, it was good.  I liked all the actors esp. the leads.  Is it Guanlin's own dubbed voice for the drama?  It's so deep when he calls "Miao Miao".  

I liked how he is so understanding of her when she is so slow grasping of when he makes a move to kiss her in the theatre during their romcom movie watching and also after that.  So cute.

I HV not watched the last 4 episodes yet.  I loved so far all the eps.  I look forward to these actors future dramas.  Jaiyou!!!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Is it Guanlin's own dubbed voice for the drama?  It's so deep when he calls "Miao Miao".  

Yes, it’s his voice. :) I wasn’t familiar with him or his work in the entertainment industry prior to this drama, but he’s quite versatile in languages; he speaks Chinese, Korean, and English. Looking forward to more of his projects. 
It’d be funny to compile all of his scenes saying “Xiao Miao Miao”, he says it so sweetly. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Moroodliin said:

I am talking about the last one. First one was sweet too. I love MM's confession too. With MM confession& tears, it made Younian even more handsome and amazing man to love. They totally deserve each other. 

yes they compliment each other very well in the drama.....both of them complete what the other dont have :) ....one thing i admire in YouNian is that he is someone who take action once he made up his minds......he is not someone who stay back and let thing run it natural course :) 

7 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Excellent drama.  Actually I liked the original Thai movie very much.  I thought how will this out to be as they made this into a drama.  But to my surprise, it was good.  I liked all the actors esp. the leads.  Is it Guanlin's own dubbed voice for the drama?  It's so deep when he calls "Miao Miao".  

I liked how he is so understanding of her when she is so slow grasping of when he makes a move to kiss her in the theatre during their romcom movie watching and also after that.  So cute.

I HV not watched the last 4 episodes yet.  I loved so far all the eps.  I look forward to these actors future dramas.  Jaiyou!!!!

yes the drama is excellent spin of the Thai Movie right :) however i can definitely tell you i love the YouNian here better as he doesnt let something lie just there and made his move known.....while i dont agree with his decision to hide from MiaoMiao why he couldnt go to England with her......like MiaoMiao said....she want to be someone who can stand besides him and help him....not someone who will drag him down.....and he should let her made the decision herself whether will she go or stay with him......

while we are frustrated with all the almost kiss and the kiss hidden by the balloon somehow i think i might comprehend why this happen....MiaoMiao acted by Zhao JinMai is only 17 and she is not yet 18 so i think they are protecting her and also the censor from the China media body recently seems to be a lil too strict and with this in....i guess it ensure the drama get it airing date without hitch :) 

6 hours ago, Jafstar said:

Yes, it’s his voice. :) I wasn’t familiar with him or his work in the entertainment industry prior to this drama, but he’s quite versatile in languages; he speaks Chinese, Korean, and English. Looking forward to more of his projects. 
It’d be funny to compile all of his scenes saying “Xiao Miao Miao”, he says it so sweetly. 

i think most of the voices are dubbed by the original artist....even MiaoMiao voice her own too if im not wrong :) 

• Like 2

On Episode 12 hehehhe.....where MiaoMiao over night at YouNian & KaiTuo's home to celebrate the New Year :D

the next morning YouNian only wake up MiaoMiao and not the others as he only wanted to have breakfast with MiaoMiao and not the rest :) 

he even let MiaoMiao slept at his bed and why not put HeXin together... which he didnt do of course :D 

D9HQQVYgHozCxDGsZMPJniS9TcNeOndsF9gb4kcd

• Like 1
  • Love 2

YouNian 2nd confession in winning MiaoMiao back :) this is also the point where it marks that YouNian really open up his heart towards MiaoMiao

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just finished watchin' the finale, it was bittersweet for me.

I appreciate how mature Miao2 handled Yu Tian's confession & let him down gently while at the same time tellin' him to move on basically. He looked good btw LoL. You Nian's confession was lovely too but it sort of felt cliched Idk LoL? Maybe I've watched too many similar dramas that it just felt underwhelming to me.. Anyway I am impressed by the young actress who plays Xiao Miao Miao. She did a really fine job for someone so young. 

@angelangie

I see it a lot here where bfs carry their gfs handbags & the bags looked much better on the guys ha-ha! Seriously though, I don't like it 'cause it sort of seem like the girls pushed their man to hold it y'know LoL? But I'm sure the guys offer to carry. I don't date much so what do I know??!!:rolleyes:    

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Just finished watchin' the finale, it was bittersweet for me.

I appreciate how mature Miao2 handled Yu Tian's confession & let him down gently while at the same time tellin' him to move on basically. He looked good btw LoL. You Nian's confession was lovely too but it sort of felt cliched Idk LoL? Maybe I've watched too many similar dramas that it just felt underwhelming to me.. Anyway I am impressed by the young actress who plays Xiao Miao Miao. She did a really fine job for someone so young. 

@angelangie

I see it a lot here where bfs carry their gfs handbags & the bags looked much better on the guys ha-ha! Seriously though, I don't like it 'cause it sort of seem like the girls pushed their man to hold it y'know LoL? But I'm sure the guys offer to carry. I don't date much so what do I know??!!:rolleyes:    

yes im very impressed with Angel Zhao who played Miao Miao, she was very much different in "Growing Pain" where she also hold the main role in a high school stories. In this story she project a very much different front....and it had impressed me so much that i actually created a thread for her lols :D 

Well for YouNian, when he first said sorry and apologize to MiaoMiao, I'm glad that the writer / producer didnt let them get back together on that spot, and it shown that MiaoMiao the gentle rabbit had finally grew some sharp tooth and stood for herself......it was the typical lines and the common lines where all guys said that whatever he did it was because he wanted to do it for her, yes very much touching however MiaoMiao is a person who have her own thinking, she will be able to reason and judge what is to be done and what she mentioned about YouNian's mom decision is correct, he is in no place to judge whether did his mom regretted her choice when she was alive....

well about the handbag, it wasnt that MiaoMiao that trusted the bags towards him, he just take over naturally :) which was something very relaxing and nicely done for me, i seen my brother carrying his wife bags so yes it pretty common, however i like the way YouNian just reached out and took over her bag as they were nearing the theater which was why i mentioned it :) 

• Like 3

So I just learned something about the OST. Did anyone catch that the song “Can you feel my heart” was sung by Wang Bowen, aka the character Wang Yi Chao? 
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5S8zCFFyLX/?igshid=h5i0uomrahd1

This song has been floating in my head almost daily since the drama started (and only until the drama is done do I check out who sings this). So kudos to him for singing such an amazing song. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Jafstar said:

So I just learned something about the OST. Did anyone catch that the song “Can you feel my heart” was sung by Wang Bowen, aka the character Wang Yi Chao? 

This song has been floating in my head almost daily since the drama started (and only until the drama is done do I check out who sings this). So kudos to him for singing such an amazing song. :wub:

wow im surprised then....it was a nice and great song....i actually prefer it better than the first song i heard from Lai GuanLin

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I like 2 songs equally. Of course Wang Bowen's song is more better story and better sung. Still love 2 songs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jafstar said:

Really.  Wow!!! The same for me.  That song keep repeating in my head always.  I thought it was guanlin who sang it.  I am impressed by his voice.  Great!!!!:thumbsup:

On 11/25/2019 at 12:14 PM, angelangie said:

Well for YouNian, when he first said sorry and apologize to MiaoMiao, I'm glad that the writer / producer didnt let them get back together on that spot, and it shown that MiaoMiao the gentle rabbit had finally grew some sharp tooth and stood for herself......it was the typical lines and the common lines where all guys said that whatever he did it was because he wanted to do it for her, yes very much touching however MiaoMiao is a person who have her own thinking, she will be able to reason and judge what is to be done and what she mentioned about YouNian's mom decision is correct, he is in no place to judge whether did his mom regretted her choice when she was alive....

Me too.  I like this scene too very much.  Also in another stance, she will tell him that "he's not affected by it at all(when she went abroad after breaking up). Which makes her doubt if he really loves her and if it's only her who is in love with him.  "Bull's-eye dialogue" from MM.  Even though she was timid, she grew up after she started dating YN.  

I liked his confession in the end and also his self talk with his mom in her room.  That was heart wrenching.  

I liked the FL very much.  She is a cutie really.  Looking forward to her next project with Lin yi(put your head on my shoulder).:kiss_wink:

• Like 2

@angelangie

I agree (nods) I much prefer the ending credits theme to Kuan Lin's sorry LoL:P

I think it's 'cause Kuan Lin's mostly into hip-hop? When he was in Wanna One, he was the team's rapper so:phew:

Wang Bo Wen's song was reason why I decided to watch this in the first place! But I wanted to see how Kuan Lin did as an actor. He's stiff compared to his co-star but he's only 18? So there's plenty of room for improvement. B)

I had no idea Kuan Lin was Taiwanese ha-ha:lol: no wonder his dialect/accent was different from the other cast mates. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@angelangie

I agree (nods) I much prefer the ending credits theme to Kuan Lin's sorry LoL:P

I think it's 'cause Kuan Lin's mostly into hip-hop? When he was in Wanna One, he was the team's rapper so:phew:

Wang Bo Wen's song was reason why I decided to watch this in the first place! But I wanted to see how Kuan Lin did as an actor. He's stiff compared to his co-star but he's only 18? So there's plenty of room for improvement. B)

I had no idea Kuan Lin was Taiwanese ha-ha:lol: no wonder his dialect/accent was different from the other cast mates. 

hmmm i think it probably because of the way the song was theme or written at......there are parts i like his voice just not the song i think :) 

to me KuanLin for a first timer is pretty good hahaha....his expression is pretty cute to look at :) 

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Me too.  I like this scene too very much.  Also in another stance, she will tell him that "he's not affected by it at all(when she went abroad after breaking up). Which makes her doubt if he really loves her and if it's only her who is in love with him.  "Bull's-eye dialogue" from MM.  Even though she was timid, she grew up after she started dating YN.  

I liked his confession in the end and also his self talk with his mom in her room.  That was heart wrenching.  

I liked the FL very much.  She is a cutie really.  Looking forward to her next project with Lin yi(put your head on my shoulder).:kiss_wink:

ah this is the part where MiaoMiao told YouNian that she wasnt or no longer angry with him....however she is worried and scared that she wasnt the one or he doesnt love her enough....and if there is a repeat scenario he will still put her in second place....

at the same times while she doesnt mind taking 2nd place for his affection, she will prefer that he actually consult her first and ask for her ideas or opinion instead of just deciding what he think is the best for her

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jafstar said:

I LOVE this song and did not realize that Wang Bowen is actually Wang Yi Chao!! I love his voice!

I have tried searching for this song on Spotify but can't seem to find it. Has anyone had any luck?

I actually liked that we got 2 confessions out of YouNian. The 2nd confession conveyed the depth of his feelings toward MiaoMiao and it showed that he liked her as much as she liked him. In a way, I get why he hid it from her bec originally he wanted to tell her while they were at the amusement park. But after she said something like she'd wait for him if for some reason he couldn't go, he decided not to tell her so as not to hold her back. I think it was healthy for MiaoMiao to be on her own and grow without using YouNian as a measuring stick. She had been improving herself with the goal of being better for YouNian. I thought it was interesting that originally, the only reason she wanted to go abroad was bec YouNian was going. But after the breakup, she went anyway and that was a big step I think.

Then coming back, she was confident in herself and I admired how she held back despite still having feelings for YouNian. She gave herself time to think and to see if she had as much of an impact to YouNian as he had on her.

I really enjoyed this drama and am planning on re-watching my favourite scenes!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@mouse007 i find the song list in the youtube, it is all compile in one, it will be the 2nd song :) 

1. First Love - Lai Guan Lin (00:00)

2. Can You Feel My Heart - Wang Bowen (3:26)

3. Live In Your Heart - Huang Wei (7:00)

4. I Can Only Leave - Yan Renzhong (10:35)

5. Destiny - Li Yi Ying (14:25)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1