cr avirtualvoyage

Details:

Chinese title: 初恋那件小事
English title: A Little Thing Called First Love

Genre: Music, Comedy, Romance, Life, School, Youth, Drama

Episodes: 32

Director:

Broadcast Period: Oct/23/2019

Times Slot: 10pm (Normal Member: Tue to Fri, VIP Member: Mon - Thurs )

Cast:

Lai Guan Lin as Liang YuNian

Zhao Jin Mai as Xia MiaoMiao

Wang Run Ze as Li KaiTua

Chai Wei as He Xin

Wang BoWen as Wang YiChao

Synopsis:

A coming-of-age story about youth and first love follows Liang You Nian and Xia Miao Miao who help each other become the best person that they can be.
Liang You Nian is the school hunk who is good at everything. He loves music, guitar, bungee jumping, car racing and is extremely good with computers. Xia Miao Miao is your average school girl who is as ordinary as can be. Because of an incident, Liang You Nian hits rock-bottom and decides never to have anything to do with music again. He even goes as far as to throw away his own compositions.
Xia Miao Miao secretly picks up the unfinished sheet music and becomes determined to see it completed. Because of Liang You Nian, Xia Miao Miao decides to make a change. Through the help of her friends, she starts to learn music, join school clubs and studies hard to raise her grades. Her ordinary life becoming more colorful by the day. Can she inspire Liang You Nian to find music again?

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

Airing Schedule:

VFgXm5Kvw2oPoytGA2cxkZqU0Mu8WaShNdnImtMS

Additional Links:

A Little Thing Called First Love 初恋那件小事 Viki Episodes

Baidu Link

Weibo Link

Click here to request the Viki license!

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

• Like 2

In a way, first love never dies and for me any drama that talks about it will always be love no matter how many times it’s been used in a plot. I’ve saved this drama on my list after i saw the trailer the other day. 

• Like 1

Good News! A Little Thing Called First Love  has been liscensed at Netflix and Viki! There will be subs! Both Netflix and Viki are uploading episodes each week.

Link to Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/title/81185502

Link to Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/36499c-a-little-thing-called-first-love?q=a little

EDIT: Also available with English subs at Kukan Drama YouTube Channel. Link to Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEXBGg5OB0B8N7jBTxZ8V_70N29EcNhY6

• Like 1

Why oh dear GOD why must they always style the female lead like this LoL!?:crazy:

I can't get past how she looks like a cross between a mouse & a chipmunk ha-ha!:w00t: I do like how the male lead is kind to her - thank goodness, although it's mistaken identity again:rolleyes: like how it is in Go2 Squid & Gank Your Heart.

• LOL 3

Hi everyone! I’ve come to join the fun! :D I’m hooked after watching all episodes currently out, and I’m wanting more!! Is it Tuesday yet??

@Latte_Anyday That’s funny how you compared her to a mouse and a chipmunk. lol! 
Though, in my opinion, I like these kinds of dramas since they are heart-felt, endearing, always making me want to laugh and cry at the same time because of the awkwardness! Hahaha I’m so smitten with our quirky Xia Miao Miao! She’s the swan hidden in an ugly duckling disguise. I love her determined personality; it shines brilliantly though the odds seem against her. Even when she’s in a confounding situation, she’s a gem in the rhinestone.

Anyone else seen the Thai movie that this is a remake of? That girl was even rougher around the edges, but her personality was so amazing. I love these kinds of stories that show acceptance of beautiful personalities, despite outward appearances being conventionally unfit. Looking forward to her growth to maturity, and seeing the love story play out.

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum!!! 

• Like 1

Hi @Jafstar

Like in "She Was Pretty", Reba was styled with curly hair (what's wrong with curly hair LoL?!) freckles & she look fine to me LoL.

I just think it's offensive is all (shrug) Then again I'm a sucker for these kinds of dramas but honestly it gets repetitive after awhile.. The female lead is always naive, plain looking etc while the male lead is aloof & most times mean. So it's nice to see that he's kind to Miao2.. eventhough she mistook him for the other bad boy, though thankfully she figured it out at the end. I'm glad they didn't drag it out. I just hope she doesn't get too co-dependent on the guy like "Playful Kiss" y'know? 'Cause that's unhealthy..

Anyways, I enjoyed the first ep. so far looking forward to more.

• Like 3

On 10/28/2019 at 10:03 AM, Jafstar said:

Hi everyone! I’ve come to join the fun! :D I’m hooked after watching all episodes currently out, and I’m wanting more!! Is it Tuesday yet??

@Latte_Anyday That’s funny how you compared her to a mouse and a chipmunk. lol! 
Though, in my opinion, I like these kinds of dramas since they are heart-felt, endearing, always making me want to laugh and cry at the same time because of the awkwardness! Hahaha I’m so smitten with our quirky Xia Miao Miao! She’s the swan hidden in an ugly duckling disguise. I love her determined personality; it shines brilliantly though the odds seem against her. Even when she’s in a confounding situation, she’s a gem in the rhinestone.

Anyone else seen the Thai movie that this is a remake of? That girl was even rougher around the edges, but her personality was so amazing. I love these kinds of stories that show acceptance of beautiful personalities, despite outward appearances being conventionally unfit. Looking forward to her growth to maturity, and seeing the love story play out.

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum!!! 

I like Baifern in the movie along with Mario. I am a sucker for such a storyline as well. Even if it has been played out many times over, I still find myself enjoying most of them.

• Like 2

Just dropping this: I adore how Liang You Nian calls our FL’s name. It would be funny if someone compiles all the scenes with him calling her name “Xiao Miao Miao”. :D

On 10/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

I just hope she doesn't get too co-dependent on the guy like "Playful Kiss" y'know? 'Cause that's unhealthy..

Yeah I agree with you there! I love seeing a FL have her own interests and growth not based solely because of the man’s influence. And that’s what I see here with XMM; sure she’s got hearts in her eyes for her Senior, but she has her own thoughts, ideas, and plans for her future. She’s not basing her life around his life, yet she aspires to become greater and he motivates and encourages her to become so. In return, he is motivated and inspired to work harder through her antics and inquiries.***One can tell that he really respects her thoughts and opinions. 

Spoiler

I love how LYN asks XMM how to handle her younger sister’s tantrums, and then he uses her tips in pushing Lin Kai Tuo to work harder to pass school. lol.

***Just watched episode 9. I love how LYN was inspired to use the cooling patch (that XMM gave him) to keep him alert when sleepy at school!!! Ahhh! My heart! He was thinking about her while they were apart!!! So cute!! 

Hi @ash1999 I’ve seen several Mario series, but that movie was the first time I saw Baifern. She did a great job with her character. Loved how the movie portrayed first love, with all of its teen heart angst. 

Spoiler

This drama somewhat reminds me of an old book I read in middle school “Winter Dreams, Christmas Love” by Mary Francis Shura. It played out the heart-wrenching teen angst of Ellen Marlowe while in high school. She longed for her upperclassman Michael to look her way, only to find out he was looking at her since before they actually met. 

So it makes me wonder if this drama will show that LYN has been watching XMM all along as well. :wub:

I’m a total sucker for this kind of sugar as well. 

Edited by Jafstar
Added more thoughts
  • Thanks 1

lols i just started to watch this and now im on episode 4 lols :D totally in love with MiaoMiao and YuNian :) both are too cute

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols i just started to watch this and now im on episode 4 lols :D totally in love with MiaoMiao and YuNian :) both are too cute

Hi! 
Aren’t they cute?! lol. I’m back to the squeeing zone like I was in “About is Love”. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jafstar said:

Hi! 
Aren’t they cute?! lol. I’m back to the squeeing zone like I was in “About is Love”. 

hahahaha....well i can tell you 'About is Love' is a lil different feeling....

this one is more like your little girl crush brought forward into the screen from the chest......at least the girl is more independent in a sense and she is one determine girl to proof that she can also excel and be good in what she aim and set out to do in.... :) 

i love to see the girl growth in this drama on how she start taking care and note on her appearance and the changes are gradual....and slowly....it is almost like seeing a group of kids growing up :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1