Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] A Little Thing Called First Love 初恋那件小事


sugarplum892

Recommended Posts

photo crazy-3.jpg

cr avirtualvoyage

Details:

Chinese title: 初恋那件小事
English title: A Little Thing Called First Love

Genre: Music, Comedy, Romance, Life, School, Youth, Drama

Episodes: 32

Director:

Broadcast Period: Oct/23/2019

Times Slot: 10pm (Normal Member: Tue to Fri, VIP Member: Mon - Thurs )

Cast:

Lai Guan Lin as Liang YuNian

Zhao Jin Mai as Xia MiaoMiao

Wang Run Ze as Li KaiTua

Chai Wei as He Xin

Wang BoWen as Wang YiChao

 

Synopsis:

A coming-of-age story about youth and first love follows Liang You Nian and Xia Miao Miao who help each other become the best person that they can be.
Liang You Nian is the school hunk who is good at everything. He loves music, guitar, bungee jumping, car racing and is extremely good with computers. Xia Miao Miao is your average school girl who is as ordinary as can be. Because of an incident, Liang You Nian hits rock-bottom and decides never to have anything to do with music again. He even goes as far as to throw away his own compositions.
Xia Miao Miao secretly picks up the unfinished sheet music and becomes determined to see it completed. Because of Liang You Nian, Xia Miao Miao decides to make a change. Through the help of her friends, she starts to learn music, join school clubs and studies hard to raise her grades. Her ordinary life becoming more colorful by the day. Can she inspire Liang You Nian to find music again?

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

 

Preview:

 

Airing Schedule:

VFgXm5Kvw2oPoytGA2cxkZqU0Mu8WaShNdnImtMS

 

Additional Links:

A Little Thing Called First Love 初恋那件小事 Viki Episodes

Baidu Link

Weibo Link

 

Click here to request the Viki license!

 

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] A Little Thing Called First Love 初恋那件小事

Good News! A Little Thing Called First Love  has been liscensed at Netflix and Viki! There will be subs! Both Netflix and Viki are uploading episodes each week.

Link to Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/title/81185502

Link to Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/36499c-a-little-thing-called-first-love?q=a little

EDIT: Also available with English subs at Kukan Drama YouTube Channel. Link to Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEXBGg5OB0B8N7jBTxZ8V_70N29EcNhY6

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why oh dear GOD why must they always style the female lead like this LoL!?:crazy:

 

I can't get past how she looks like a cross between a mouse & a chipmunk ha-ha!:w00t: I do like how the male lead is kind to her - thank goodness, although it's mistaken identity again:rolleyes: like how it is in Go2 Squid & Gank Your Heart.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I’ve come to join the fun! :D I’m hooked after watching all episodes currently out, and I’m wanting more!! Is it Tuesday yet??
 

@Latte_Anyday That’s funny how you compared her to a mouse and a chipmunk. lol! 
Though, in my opinion, I like these kinds of dramas since they are heart-felt, endearing, always making me want to laugh and cry at the same time because of the awkwardness! Hahaha I’m so smitten with our quirky Xia Miao Miao! She’s the swan hidden in an ugly duckling disguise. I love her determined personality; it shines brilliantly though the odds seem against her. Even when she’s in a confounding situation, she’s a gem in the rhinestone.

 

Anyone else seen the Thai movie that this is a remake of? That girl was even rougher around the edges, but her personality was so amazing. I love these kinds of stories that show acceptance of beautiful personalities, despite outward appearances being conventionally unfit. Looking forward to her growth to maturity, and seeing the love story play out.

 

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Jafstar

Like in "She Was Pretty", Reba was styled with curly hair (what's wrong with curly hair LoL?!) freckles & she look fine to me LoL.

 

I just think it's offensive is all (shrug) Then again I'm a sucker for these kinds of dramas but honestly it gets repetitive after awhile.. The female lead is always naive, plain looking etc while the male lead is aloof & most times mean. So it's nice to see that he's kind to Miao2.. eventhough she mistook him for the other bad boy, though thankfully she figured it out at the end. I'm glad they didn't drag it out. I just hope she doesn't get too co-dependent on the guy like "Playful Kiss" y'know? 'Cause that's unhealthy..

Anyways, I enjoyed the first ep. so far looking forward to more.

    

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 10:03 AM, Jafstar said:

Hi everyone! I’ve come to join the fun! :D I’m hooked after watching all episodes currently out, and I’m wanting more!! Is it Tuesday yet??
 

@Latte_Anyday That’s funny how you compared her to a mouse and a chipmunk. lol! 
Though, in my opinion, I like these kinds of dramas since they are heart-felt, endearing, always making me want to laugh and cry at the same time because of the awkwardness! Hahaha I’m so smitten with our quirky Xia Miao Miao! She’s the swan hidden in an ugly duckling disguise. I love her determined personality; it shines brilliantly though the odds seem against her. Even when she’s in a confounding situation, she’s a gem in the rhinestone.

 

Anyone else seen the Thai movie that this is a remake of? That girl was even rougher around the edges, but her personality was so amazing. I love these kinds of stories that show acceptance of beautiful personalities, despite outward appearances being conventionally unfit. Looking forward to her growth to maturity, and seeing the love story play out.

 

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum!!! 

 

I like Baifern in the movie along with Mario. I am a sucker for such a storyline as well. Even if it has been played out many times over, I still find myself enjoying most of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dropping this: I adore how Liang You Nian calls our FL’s name. It would be funny if someone compiles all the scenes with him calling her name “Xiao Miao Miao”. :D
 

On 10/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

I just hope she doesn't get too co-dependent on the guy like "Playful Kiss" y'know? 'Cause that's unhealthy..

Yeah I agree with you there! I love seeing a FL have her own interests and growth not based solely because of the man’s influence. And that’s what I see here with XMM; sure she’s got hearts in her eyes for her Senior, but she has her own thoughts, ideas, and plans for her future. She’s not basing her life around his life, yet she aspires to become greater and he motivates and encourages her to become so. In return, he is motivated and inspired to work harder through her antics and inquiries.***One can tell that he really respects her thoughts and opinions. 
 

Spoiler

I love how LYN asks XMM how to handle her younger sister’s tantrums, and then he uses her tips in pushing Lin Kai Tuo to work harder to pass school. lol.

 

***Just watched episode 9. I love how LYN was inspired to use the cooling patch (that XMM gave him) to keep him alert when sleepy at school!!! Ahhh! My heart! He was thinking about her while they were apart!!! So cute!! 


Hi @ash1999 I’ve seen several Mario series, but that movie was the first time I saw Baifern. She did a great job with her character. Loved how the movie portrayed first love, with all of its teen heart angst. 
 

Spoiler

This drama somewhat reminds me of an old book I read in middle school “Winter Dreams, Christmas Love” by Mary Francis Shura. It played out the heart-wrenching teen angst of Ellen Marlowe while in high school. She longed for her upperclassman Michael to look her way, only to find out he was looking at her since before they actually met. 


So it makes me wonder if this drama will show that LYN has been watching XMM all along as well. :wub:

I’m a total sucker for this kind of sugar as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols i just started to watch this and now im on episode 4 lols :D totally in love with MiaoMiao and YuNian :) both are too cute

Hi! 
Aren’t they cute?! lol. I’m back to the squeeing zone like I was in “About is Love”. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@raziela @lynne22 @UnniSarah @n3bula @cenching @packmule3

 

u guys might like this light romance too....first crust is never too old like what @nasaan ka Alex? said ;) 

 

i know im enjoying this light romance and hopefully i can watch all of them before i go for my trip lols :D 

 

 

@sugarplum892 are you watching this my dear? :D it is really nice :) 

Thank you for giving me a shout out. I will check it out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@angelangie Hi, if I can trouble you...may I please pick your translating brain and ask you a question about ep 12? :D
 

Spoiler

At 20:00 - 21:32 XMM is writing LYN’s name in the night sky, when LYN writes, does he just write her name or was more added to it? The person who uploaded the translation didn’t  include anything that was written, and I really like it when they put in those minor bits since it adds more understanding to the drama.
Thank you...:)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, angelangie said:

@raziela @lynne22 @UnniSarah @n3bula @cenching @packmule3

 

u guys might like this light romance too....first crust is never too old like what @nasaan ka Alex? said ;) 

 

i know im enjoying this light romance and hopefully i can watch all of them before i go for my trip lols :D 

 

 

@sugarplum892 are you watching this my dear? :D it is really nice :) 

Thanks @angelangie I will check it out. It's on my Netflix list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

God the way You Nian looks at Miao2 (swoon) he's so dreamy & I can't believe Kuan Lin's only 18 y.o.:blink: oooh let's not forget his smile:kiss_wink: another thing I appreciate about You Nian is he is genuinely amused by Miao2, probably finds her adorable. Unlike Playful Kiss where the male lead keep calling the female lead stupid tsk<_< The theme song is real pretty~ 

    It's funny how opposite their parents are LoL! You Nian's dad is against him taking the arts (architecture) while Miao2 mom is against her being an arts major ha. Meanwhile his mom & her dad are super supportive. How is it Miao2 lil sis is pretty & she's...not? It's like She Was Pretty. C-Dramas tend to spoil by revealing too much in end credits eheheh. So later on Miao2 will go through a transformation, she's already with braces:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 2:01 AM, angelangie said:

@raziela @lynne22 @UnniSarah @n3bula @cenching @packmule3

 

u guys might like this light romance too....first crust is never too old like what @nasaan ka Alex? said ;) 

 

i know im enjoying this light romance and hopefully i can watch all of them before i go for my trip lols :D 

 

 

@sugarplum892 are you watching this my dear? :D it is really nice :) 

Thanks for tagging me :)  I'm not sure about this one as I don't like dramas where girls change themselves for a guy.

 

On 10/28/2019 at 9:32 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

Why oh dear GOD why must they always style the female lead like this LoL!?:crazy:

 

I can't get past how she looks like a cross between a mouse & a chipmunk ha-ha!:w00t: I do like how the male lead is kind to her - thank goodness, although it's mistaken identity again:rolleyes: like how it is in Go2 Squid & Gank Your Heart.

 

On 10/28/2019 at 3:32 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

Hi @Jafstar

Like in "She Was Pretty", Reba was styled with curly hair (what's wrong with curly hair LoL?!) freckles & she look fine to me LoL.

 

I just think it's offensive is all (shrug) Then again I'm a sucker for these kinds of dramas but honestly it gets repetitive after awhile.. The female lead is always naive, plain looking etc while the male lead is aloof & most times mean. So it's nice to see that he's kind to Miao2.. eventhough she mistook him for the other bad boy, though thankfully she figured it out at the end. I'm glad they didn't drag it out. I just hope she doesn't get too co-dependent on the guy like "Playful Kiss" y'know? 'Cause that's unhealthy..

Anyways, I enjoyed the first ep. so far looking forward to more.

    

I also find it offensive.  These dramas act like curly hair, freckles and glasses make the heroines hideous unloveable freaks of nature.

 

Also have to agree with you I'm getting tired of this formula.  It's nearly always either plain, naive student obsessed with a aloof guy in school or university or naive, clumsy inexperienced woman with aloof, overbearing boss.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just love it whenever someone agrees with whatever I say LoL! @raziela :tounge_wink: so yea thanks for that :kiss_wink:

 

And IKR!? This must be like the tenth or so C-Drama that deals with the same pairing setup. Like why LoL?! Even the wuxia ones have the same:unamused: It's a powerful male deity meet & falls for sweet but (yes wait for it) plain female fairy/deity:rolleyes: sheesh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

actually she didnt really change for the guy, it was more like she start taking more notes of her appearance than just letting it go......besides the guy seems to be one of the best thing in life for her too....not to mention she actually score better in studying too

 

and also she want to be someone who can measure up and somehow i see this more like the process of growing up :) 

Thanks.  I was going by the original plot synopsis but noe I've read your and @Jafstar comments and it seems like she has ambitions, hopes and goals of her own which sounds much better :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, angelangie said:

it was more like she start taking more notes of her appearance than just letting it go...

Yes, the impression I have of XMM is she’s perfectly fine in her own skin, whatever she looks like on the outside.
It was the actions of those around her that prompted her to change.

 

****I edited because what I have say may be spoilers for some. Sorry if you already read it before I edited!!!

Spoiler

 

Her Mom wanted her to get braces, however she didn’t want them because she was too focused on enjoying life and eating good food. lol. It wasn’t until she was fully embarrassed in front of her crush, provoked by his friend, that she decided to get braces. This may seem like changing herself for a man, but wouldn’t most people when put on the spot, want to change that source of embarrassment?

Also her friends took her hair style and facial issues into their own hands by doing a forced makeover intervention. XMM was not necessarily in agreement as she was baulking over their choices, saying they ruined her hair and face.

The glasses dropping and cracking was also out of her hands (pun intended), and she didn’t necessarily like the contacts as she was seen always rubbing her eyes from the irritation.

The lovely choice of skin lightening PP was a subtle way of getting XMM to beautify gradually, to the point that she didn’t realize the change until her friend and classmates pointed it out (WOW! :lol: That’s a magical PP!) 

And can I point out, LYN didn’t notice her skin change because he’s more focused on her inner character, not caring for her to outwardly change. (He totally stole that prized lipstick for the prank, taking the choice of her using it for herself or her friends out of her hands completely, and in my view, he did it so that she wouldn’t start to be more pretty! Hahahah)

 

I feel that the production company tries to highlight that change is good. Yes, they subtly showed that when you change your appearance, you can have gains. However they did it in a low-key, graceful way, not over the top, as most mainstream dramas exaggerate. (I hope they take the extra step to show LYN was attracted to XMM since the beginning, that her inner beauty was what made him look her way, not because she matured her looks. That’d be the cherry topping to my cake.)


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..