[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] A Little Thing Called First Love 初恋那件小事

sugarplum892

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Preview, Lin Kai Tuo is being his selfish self again by declaring his feelings for Miao Miao.

Ugh. :triumph: Poor Miao Miao. She’s always turning him down, like how much negative feedback will she have to dish out until he gets the hint that she’s not interested in him? lol.

Lin Kai Tuo knows that Miao Miao is not interested in him but he still want to force his way in. In the preview, he voiced his feelings because he was totally jealous of Miao Miao's attention is only on You Niang and he was the birthday boy.

It was so cute that You Niang's shirt matches with everything in Miao Miao's mother's shop even Nian Nian the puppy had a matching coat too. The ladies do have a talent what to do with extra cloth.

Ugh. Damn that Kai Tuo:angry: So annoying. Get a clue already, also the other 2-3 ****** females who keep comin' between You Nian & Miao2:rolleyes::P Kai Tuo's I don't allow you to transfer Grow Up:crazy: OMG again I cannot get over how swoony the way You Nian look at Miao2, I think he feels she's more adorable than the puppy ha-ha!:lol:

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

Another spoiler: looks at YouNian reactions :D

Spoiler

Oh man...I love how he looked at her first, then stepped in front.

He had to know that KT was gonna confess (I mean, the dudes were besties until the mess with their parents happened so he had to know what KT was thinking), that’s why he urged him to say it sober. 
KT is just so aggressive; he comes across so strong...poor XMM, she looked so on guard. No wonder YN stepped in between. Hah.

I can’t wait to see a jealous YN again with the new geeky kid coming to the school now. Hahah. The actor playing YN can side-talk with his mouth very well. You can barely see it.
When XMM was praising DC (the guy who gave her all the text books due to YN’s efforts) that she thought he’d charge her money for them, but then gave them all to her for free, she said DC was soooo nice!! It made her change her mind about DC. Hahah. The translator never translated what YN said in reply, but did @angelangieor anyone else catch it?? It had to be a jealous remark, cuz he mouthed it and just glossed over when she questioned him. :D

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Kai Tuo's I don't allow you to transfer Grow Up:crazy:

Spoiler

That was my reaction! lol. He doesn’t have any grounds to say so, but coming from his perspective, he really thought she liked him, so he thought he had that right. XMM never clarified that the picture in the book wasn’t hers, so he’s been thinking all along that she likes him, and maybe playing him, since he sees how she treats YN differently. The fact that YN and XMM were getting closer at the party made KT so jealous that he drunkenly confessed.

@Jafstar

I'm only at ep.  22 :sweatingbullets:

But the tension is killing me :P like just tell her already You Nian :angry: Oh like helping her with her homework, why ask Da Chao to do it!? Why don't you do it yourself? And then when Miao2 praises Da Chao instead, You Nian gets jealous & misunderstands :rolleyes: Why these 2 love to torture each other so much LoL!? :lol: 

I don't understand Kai Tuo at all. He dislikes He Xin but he show concern for her ah yo~ drives me crazy these 2 couples! :D Da Chao with that annoying female senior are funny together. 

8 hours ago, angelangie said:

er u didnt catch my sentence at the bottom of the gif? :D hahahaha wait i go highlight it......

No, that was cute, but I think you misunderstood my question...it was the scene where she’s studying at another part of the library...YN comes up, XMM starts exuberantly praising Dao Chow for giving her those study books, and YN gets miffed since he’s the one who told DC to give her the books. I can’t clip a gif of it, but he mouths something (that’s what was untranslated), and then he leaves, but not before giving her a pack of forehead “refreshers”. lol. He still can’t stop caring about her even when he’s annoyed.

@Latte_Anyday I’m there too, at least what’s translated out there, but I’ve watched everything else raw...up to 23/24. Did you notice that there’s two versions out there? I think the Netflix version is shortened :triumph: . So I have to hunt around everywhere for the extended version while on a mobile phone. LOL

I am glad that Miao Miao told Kai Tuo she did not like him and even repeated it when he was sober.

I find You Nian's jealousy look so cute when the junior kept praising Miao Miao. You Nian said under his breath that Miao Miao's brilliance has nothing to do with him (The Junior).

I think it is really amazing that Miao Miao attracts people for who she is and you have the male species who see her beyond her physical self. I think You Nian does not like it when another male species see the same potential that he discovered in Miao Miao.

He is so adorable when he is jealous.

I am glad that He Xin being a true friend to Kai Tuo told him the truth about his father as he is now old enough the handle the truth.

You Nian can be so clueless I tell ya! :P Isn't the fact Miao2 named her puppy after him a definite clue she has a crush on him LoL!? He was adorable when he tried to scare her by hiding the puppy in his hoodie eheheh. :blush: Was disappointed with Miao2 that she wanted to get out of the locked rooftop quickly. <_< Had it been He Xin, she'd do anything to stay trapped with Kai Tuo. Anyways, as revealed in ep. 23 You Nian decides he indeed has fallen for Miao2... 'bout damn time too. 

He Xin is so girly with her hair clip & frilly dresses while I like Miao2's style a lot. It's preppy but casual & she looked gorgeous during the sports day event. Thank goodness she finally mastered twirling the baton :rolleyes::D Kuan Lin appear a lil stiff in certain scenes.. like a mannequin LoL. A hot one at that :w00t: but he's young so there's plenty of room for improvement. Idk why but he reminds me so much of Kris Wu of EXO?

So Kai Tuo meets his dad.. who look like he had a harsh life. 

just watched episode 28. Aww ing over this sweet drama for 3 days now. Repeating episodes and watching raw& subbed version and listening to Can you see my hear? Can you read my mind? over and over again. Kai Tuo& dad scenes are too many and not interesting for me. 

On 11/13/2019 at 10:05 PM, angelangie said:

yes she is a hidden gem and YouNian discover her under all those dust that cover up her shine.... :) however slowly the dust is being taken off layer by layer :) and she is shining thru.......

i just love it how he is being jealous and one thing i honestly like about the turn out despite KaiTuo confession is that YouNian didnt buckle under the weight of their friendship that had just been restore, instead he stood right up toward KaiTuo and express that he too like MiaoMiao.....

Sometimes kids dont see the things their parent did out of love for them....instead of asking why....they blindly believe in what they seen instead, seeing how the mother is in the bind......KaiTuo is lucky to have a friend who are able to help him to shed some lights into why the mother asked for a divorce 

I agree, it was nice to see YouNian be firm about his feelings for MiaoMiao despite his strong friendship with KaiTuo.

Finally, YouNian and Miao Miao are together!!!!! :wub:

I can't wait for the next few episodes! Found the teaser below on YT!!

Spoiler

Episode 28 is so beautiful. a confession and the reply. You Nian made his "proposal" so personal compare to Wang Yi Chao's attempt. It also showed to Miao Miao that he too had a big crush on her as well.

I am so happy they showed the confession and proposal to us this week as I will have a blissful weekend now

At ep. 25 so far & it looks like Kai Tuo's dad run into some debt with loan sharks. It's nice to see that both Kai Tuo & You Nian made up. But gosh that drunken confession though..:wacko: and poor He Xin..:tears: Thankfully You Nian didn't get upset over his confession as is the case usually. Good on Miao2 for rejecting him, now she's a female lead worth rooting for LoL!:D

Her mom & Yao2 are so funny. Actually Miao2's entire family are pretty chill compared to You Nian's strict/disciplined parents. Ah Xia is so sassy & such a foodie LoL. What's the deal with that sour faced female senior that shares the same dorm room as Miao2?!:angry: She keeps meddling into Miao2 & He Xin's business tsk<_<  

Ep. 26-27 were kind of boring as it centred too much on Kai Tuo & his father. It's good to see He Xin put her foot down & stop chasing after him like a love sick puppy for a change. Who knows? He might find her attractive that way. Men are like that.:P 

I knew it! That Harry Potter kid Yu Tian crushes on Miao2 too ha-ha.:w00t: Miao2's so lucky she's got 3 guys after her now. Great I'm jealous too..<_< like You Nian ahahah.  

I liked how the photos that YouNian had of MiaoMiao were mostly before her "transformation" when she was still wearing her curly hair and glasses. It basically tells her that he likes her for who she is - timid, curly hair, glasses and all.

I also thought it was really sweet that he put so much effort into his confession. Just goes to show how much he likes her and how highly he values her. 

Archived