[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] A Little Thing Called First Love 初恋那件小事

sugarplum892

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Jafstar said:

So I just learned something about the OST. Did anyone catch that the song “Can you feel my heart” was sung by Wang Bowen, aka the character Wang Yi Chao? 
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5S8zCFFyLX/?igshid=h5i0uomrahd1

Really.  Wow!!! The same for me.  That song keep repeating in my head always.  I thought it was guanlin who sang it.  I am impressed by his voice.  Great!!!!:thumbsup:

On 11/25/2019 at 12:14 PM, angelangie said:

Well for YouNian, when he first said sorry and apologize to MiaoMiao, I'm glad that the writer / producer didnt let them get back together on that spot, and it shown that MiaoMiao the gentle rabbit had finally grew some sharp tooth and stood for herself......it was the typical lines and the common lines where all guys said that whatever he did it was because he wanted to do it for her, yes very much touching however MiaoMiao is a person who have her own thinking, she will be able to reason and judge what is to be done and what she mentioned about YouNian's mom decision is correct, he is in no place to judge whether did his mom regretted her choice when she was alive....

Me too.  I like this scene too very much.  Also in another stance, she will tell him that "he's not affected by it at all(when she went abroad after breaking up). Which makes her doubt if he really loves her and if it's only her who is in love with him.  "Bull's-eye dialogue" from MM.  Even though she was timid, she grew up after she started dating YN.  

I liked his confession in the end and also his self talk with his mom in her room.  That was heart wrenching.  

I liked the FL very much.  She is a cutie really.  Looking forward to her next project with Lin yi(put your head on my shoulder).:kiss_wink:

@angelangie

I agree (nods) I much prefer the ending credits theme to Kuan Lin's sorry LoL:P

I think it's 'cause Kuan Lin's mostly into hip-hop? When he was in Wanna One, he was the team's rapper so:phew:

Wang Bo Wen's song was reason why I decided to watch this in the first place! But I wanted to see how Kuan Lin did as an actor. He's stiff compared to his co-star but he's only 18? So there's plenty of room for improvement. B)

I had no idea Kuan Lin was Taiwanese ha-ha:lol: no wonder his dialect/accent was different from the other cast mates. 

17 hours ago, Jafstar said:

So I just learned something about the OST. Did anyone catch that the song “Can you feel my heart” was sung by Wang Bowen, aka the character Wang Yi Chao? 
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5S8zCFFyLX/?igshid=h5i0uomrahd1

This song has been floating in my head almost daily since the drama started (and only until the drama is done do I check out who sings this). So kudos to him for singing such an amazing song. :wub:

I LOVE this song and did not realize that Wang Bowen is actually Wang Yi Chao!! I love his voice!

I have tried searching for this song on Spotify but can't seem to find it. Has anyone had any luck?

I actually liked that we got 2 confessions out of YouNian. The 2nd confession conveyed the depth of his feelings toward MiaoMiao and it showed that he liked her as much as she liked him. In a way, I get why he hid it from her bec originally he wanted to tell her while they were at the amusement park. But after she said something like she'd wait for him if for some reason he couldn't go, he decided not to tell her so as not to hold her back. I think it was healthy for MiaoMiao to be on her own and grow without using YouNian as a measuring stick. She had been improving herself with the goal of being better for YouNian. I thought it was interesting that originally, the only reason she wanted to go abroad was bec YouNian was going. But after the breakup, she went anyway and that was a big step I think.

Then coming back, she was confident in herself and I admired how she held back despite still having feelings for YouNian. She gave herself time to think and to see if she had as much of an impact to YouNian as he had on her.

I really enjoyed this drama and am planning on re-watching my favourite scenes!

29 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

Love the Thai movie one. Is this one worth watching? How fast is the pace?

You're comparing a 2 hour material with a 30+ hours material worth of time.

Of course the pace will be slower compared to the original. And one thing that make this different from the original, is that they got together at the start of the last quarter(Episode 28-29 out 36) of the story, where in the original source, the viewers just assumed that they became couple at the end.

Is this worth watching? It's worth a try if you loved the original. There will be a sense of familiarity along the way as you watch this series. And this one became one of my favorite CN dramas that I've watched so far.

Drama is totally worth it. Actually it has became my favorite Chinese drama ever where i can rewatch it without bore. Last time liked chinese dramas were Eternal love & Love 020. But i get bored to rewatch them. Pace is slow but every episode gives satisfaction and we are following every step of their first crush to turn into a beautiful first love. If anyone ever lose first love like this, they'd regret for a lifetime. 

6 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Love the Thai movie one. Is this one worth watching? How fast is the pace?

It's worth watching if you loved the Thai movie. I wouldn't say it's an apples to apples comparison. The drama version is longer and adds a bit more detail compared to the movie. Also, in drama version, ML takes an active role in developing the relationship. I would definitely give the drama a try.

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

u gotta try them....

the pace is a little slow however you will not be bored :) the stories is very well blend :) 

14 hours ago, mouse007 said:

It's worth watching if you loved the Thai movie. I wouldn't say it's an apples to apples comparison. The drama version is longer and adds a bit more detail compared to the movie. Also, in drama version, ML takes an active role in developing the relationship. I would definitely give the drama a try.

19 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

You're comparing a 2 hour material with a 30+ hours material worth of time.

Of course the pace will be slower compared to the original. And one thing that make this different from the original, is that they got together at the start of the last quarter(Episode 28-29 out 36) of the story, where in the original source, the viewers just assumed that they became couple at the end.

Is this worth watching? It's worth a try if you loved the original. There will be a sense of familiarity along the way as you watch this series. And this one became one of my favorite CN dramas that I've watched so far.

Wow, now I really got to watch it :)!!! Thanks!!

I am rewatching them whenever i can too. Since i am in love with drama, i like every episode. First few episodes were ones i missed for the first time. I watched them from the beginning again while i was waiting for 32-36 episodes. Now i like each one of them. Younian was very respectful for Miamiao from the very beginning was very tastefully done. I dont like the plot boy is being rude for the girl for too many episodes. I usually lose interest for chinese dramas as actors have very stiff acting and show no emotions in the face. But Lai Kuan Lin is amazing. Every single time, he is easily seen happy, angry, satisfied, naughty. determined and sad. Angel Zhao is amazing too. I love the fact that Younian, Miamiao, He Xin are 17.18 years old in real life which makes the drama really teen drama& first love story. 

Maybe MiaMiao's mom's real hair is curly in the drama, so Miamiao has curly hair. it is a beautiful moment when she followed her heart and chose fashion and he is real proud of his girl. Yes Kaituo learnt quickly and won back He Xin because nobody other than He Xin would love childish Kai Tuo. I really dont like guys like Kai Tuo. When i look at real life couples like them, where girl loved the boy so much & chased after him, got married finally. They live unhappy, under appreciated and got cheated even. Girls should take note. People just dont change easily if you think your love is enough. So men like Younian (smart, kind & respectful & loyal in love) are always the smart choice for happy & long life. 

He Xin is smart girl. She understood she need some respect and love. She cant be always the one giving. People do change sometimes for sure. 

17 minutes ago, angelangie said:

maybe because im a grown old lady and im more towards independent person....hence i could never ever understand that....

Gosh time flies. I remember i just started watching drama like What Happened in bali & Winter Sonata & Autumn Tale at 13 years old. 22 years has passed now.  

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@raziela btw did you watch this? 

i love this drama alot.....this drama make me fall in love with Zhao JinMai

Not yet!  I am just finishing Instead of Tipsy... and this is next on my C-drama list thanks to yours and @Jafstar's responses to my skepticism  backat the beginning of the thread:lol:

Archived