[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love By Hypnotic 明月照我心

frostflower14

305005-AB-82-A0-4-C0-E-AABA-6-BF27-FF386

Title: The Love By Hypnotic 
Chinese Title: 明月照我心 / Ming Yue Zhao Wo Xin 
Broadcast Website: Tencent 

Broadcast Date: October 14, 2019      

Air Time: Monday-Wednesday 20:00 (2 eps), 6 more eps released for VIP (See Viewing Calendar) 
Genre: Comedy, Costume, Palace, Romance 
Language: Mandarin 
Director: Li Yang 
Screenwriter: Yang Shiye 
Production Company: Tencent Penguin Pictures, Tencent Pictures 
Origin: China 
Source: Adapted from the manhua Prince, Don't Do This! (王爷不要啊) by Dong Man Tang 

Synopsis and Plot Summary 

A princess and a prince who can't see eye to eye find themselves stuck in an arranged marriage. Yet they start opening up to each other because of hypnosis.

Li Mingyue (Ling Meishi), a princess, and Li Qian (Alen Fang), a prince, are forced to marry each other due to royal obligations. When she triggers memories from his past through the use of hypnosis, Li Qian starts to accept his wife knowing that she can help him regain his memories.

Allen Fang Yilun as Li Qian

Ling Meishi as Li Mingyue

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else watching this series? I’m up to episode 9.

So far, it’s a romantic comedy about a “princess” who may have commoner origins,who is forced to marry a handsome prince who seems cold and aloof. She uses her powers of hypnosis to help him find his lost childhood memories. Meanwhile,his brother the eldest prince is always plotting against him and his female childhood friend gets jealous whenever she sees him with his “wife”.  The female lead is kind of annoying though, she supposedly knows martial arts yet always ends up being the damsel in distress. Hopefully this aspect gets better later.

Technically, this drama’s tittle translates to “Moonlight Shines on My Heart”, Love By Hypnotic sort of doesn’t make sense grammatically.

*raiseshand* Me and I like it but not more yet. I like the storyline but the female lead is a bit weird even for my taste. Hopefully I will warm up to her. The actress is quite okay. And it is the first time even in a C-Drama that I get the feeling the actor dislikes the kissing scences. Especially the bed kiss felt not right.

I'm watching it as well. First time seeing both actor/actress in leads. I'm always a sucker for 1) time travel storyline or 2) arranged/contract marriages. 

It's a bit cheesy/awkward at times, but I've learned to lower my expectations and just watch it. I'm enjoying it so far. @usagi1997 Based on the MV, there will be a lot of kissing scenes. Perhaps the leads lack of experience reflects the awkward kissing scenes so far.

But I do hope things picks up a bit and whatever misunderstanding they have between the two will be figured out because they obviously have feelings for one another.

I was considering watching this series after I saw the preview clips on YouTube. From the previews, it seemed to be a historical rom com similar to The Eternal Love 1 &2.  But after hearing the mixed reviews, I'm not sure if I will watch it.  Very disappointing to hear that the kiss scenes are not good.  I'll wait to hear if the drama improves in the later episodes.

Question: Does anyone know the name of the actor with the beard in this scene from Ep. 12? He looks really familiar to me, but I can't remember his name or where i've seen him before.

Anyway, Good news for fans! Tencent announced on their Facebook page that they will be subbing this drama in English, so there will be subs. No information as to when the subbed episodes will be posted, just "coming soon." 

Here are promo videos from Tencent Youtube Channel. They also posted a lot of episode clips at their mainpage. 
Short Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzz2eijxllE
Longer Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32N4BpRoiB4
Official MV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roZ9fLlG6JE

Tencent Video YouTube Channel mainpage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQatgKoA7lylp_UzvsLCgcw

14 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Question: Does anyone know the name of the actor with the beard in this scene from Ep. 12? He looks really familiar to me, but I can't remember his name or where i've seen him before.

According to Baidu, this actors name is 倪寒尽 or Ni Hanjin and he was in the Princess Silver Drama as Leng Yan.

05-D8651-E-DE4-F-4-EC3-851-D-441053-DE7-

Since there is a poster for the female lead with the male lead and one where she is with the second male lead, I wonder if this drama will go the Castle in the Sky route? Where they make two endings, one where she ends up with the male lead and one where she ends up with the second male lead. Or that girls with the second male lead is her twin sister or something...

I am enjoying this drama. Totally loved drama involving contract or arranged marriages. Li Xian provided some comic relief with his sleep walking episodes. How many times does Hui Xin needed to be told that she and Li Xian is not meant to be? She is so totally sold to the idea that he is indeed being bewitched rather than face the truth.

Good news!

This drama is currently being subbed in English at Tencent Video YouTube Channel. Here is link to Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMX26aiIvX5rsWXKgnXGPRMsu9ZY3Dyq_

Here is link to Tencent Video YouTube Channel homepage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQatgKoA7lylp_UzvsLCgcw

The drama premiered on Tencent YT today (Oct.21). 

The drama is also available with English subs at WeTV App.

1 hour ago, JoyceDreamer said:

Does anyone know why it doesn't show up on my WeTV App? Does it depends on the different region one lives in that determines what can be watch and what can't be? 

Yes, there are geo-restrictions on the WeTV App, so it could be that the drama is not yet available on the WeTV App for your region.   However, I check at the WeTV English YT channel and I think the episodes will not upload to the App until later this week.  I know for WeTV App in Thailand, there is message saying that the episodes will be uploaded to WeTV App Friday-Sundays, so I would check back later in the week just to be sure. If you still don't see the episodes, then I would contact the WeTV App Customer Service to see if the drama is liscensed for your region with WeTV App. 

7 hours ago, Table122000 said:

However, I check at the WeTV English YT channel and I think the episodes will not upload to the App until later this week. 

This makes sense.  I know when King's Avatar aired this past summer it was available with subs through WeTV's YouTube channel first and then their app at least a week, if not two, later. So, it wouldn't surprise me if it took a while for this drama to make its way onto their app too.

I'm just glad there are subs available somewhere so that I can watch this drama when I find the time. :) 

On 10/19/2019 at 8:28 AM, angelangie said:

im not sure how i feel about alternate ending for a drama lols

Please, no alternate endings!!! I also want a happy ending for the OTP. 

I feel bad for the 2nd male lead (the female lead's brother hypnotized her and she had her memories memories in which she & the 2nd male lead were in love erased/wiped out). Don't know if it's because her brother did it as to unite the two countries/kingdom and needed her to be in love with the male lead. But due to the hypnosis, she only treats and recalls the 2nd male lead as a brother and not someone she is in love with. Although I feel bad for him (not his fault), but I still like her to be with the male lead. They have feelings for one another and yet don't know how to express it to one another.

10 hours ago, A1mm3 said:

It wasn’t on this group but someone had mentioned that the drama is based off a novel but it’s not complete. If that is true, I hope they give us a HE. I don’t want anymore open ending. 

This drama is original script based on the characters from this manhua called "Prince don't do this".   Same characters but the plotline is little bit different.  

This manhua is not end yet.  However I read it somewhere that there spilled from Chinese forum that it"s a happy ending. 

I follow the manhua for 1 1/2 years now.  The Fl in the manhua is very cute.  I even have the manhua poster as my picture.  They are cute together.  You can read the manhua on this site.  https://mangadex.org/title/21203/prince-don-t-do-this

I really like this drama. It has the same vibe as the Eternal love.  I like this kind of fluffy drama.  I laughed so hard on the wedding dance.  First in Chinese historical drama that has a wedding dance.

Archived