[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love By Hypnotic 明月照我心

frostflower14

6 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Hmmm... you're enticing me back in with this comment.  LOL.  I was eager to give it a try as teasers I'd seen promised a lot of cute hijinks and whatnot, but after 6 episodes... I don't know.  I felt very bored.  Everyone else was loving it and so I figured it was me, but I put it on pause anyway.  Maybe I need to give it more of chance?

I was the same with the first few episodes but I stuck with it because I found some scenes and characters very funny. It takes quite a while for them to get to the happy and in love part though:lol:  Aside from the more believable skinship it is mostly a typical  C-palace drama with jealous second leads, plotting, delusional emperor, harem secrets etc and I think the drama is a bit too long.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Okay, now you're killing that urge to give the drama another try.... :joy:

:lol::lol::lol: LMAO! I'm on episode 30 and there are still 6 episodes to go.  Maybe I will change my mind after I have watched everything?

5 minutes ago, raziela said:

:lol::lol::lol: LMAO! I'm on episode 30 and there are still 6 episodes to go.  Maybe I will change my mind after I have watched everything?

Since you're so close to the end, I'll wait for your final opinion.  Given the conversations we've shared in other drama threads where we seem to have similar thoughts, I'll trust your judgment as to whether I should give it another go.  I'm currently drama-less.  Although not entirely eager to start something before the holidays, so there's time.  ;) 

On 11/15/2019 at 12:02 AM, lovehuche said:

I saw the preview of last episode and FL hair turned white .  I only watched to ep 20, then I saw preview of political and it turned me off not to continue.

I'm a bit past that episode, though I stopped for about 2 weeks... at first it was just so I'd have more episodes to binge, but then also I spoiled myself with the previews. That kind of made me not want to see the evil plots of delusional, irrational second leads, although I know our main leads will overcome together, as they have done so far.

Which is what I wanted to respond about - I don't think this drama is really political at all because the events that happen at court don't really affect the characters like, majorly.. I mean I know their marriage is a political marriage meant to be a symbol of peace between Bei Xuan and Xi Yue. But other than the king occasionally ordering them to do stuff, and the princes posturing with their resentment for each other, I think the drama is relatively mild on the palace politics. I don't know if it makes sense and maybe you guys think differently, but to me the politics don't really play much part in the drama.

What does seem to happen a lot in the later episodes though, is like the main leads taking turns getting into trouble.

The male lead is ordered to take a second wife, to the displeasure of Ming Yue. But they manage to get past it and the 2nd wife is sent away. Then after that, we see Yunsi coming back, determined to take Ming Yue away. I'm like, really?? And then of course, after Yunsi is done, we get shenanigans from Hui Xin, who is the epitome of delusional 2nd female lead. I wonder if they'll ever tell her that her dad killed himself in order not to be caught as a traitor to spare her.

It kind of shifts from what was good in the beginning - where conflicts in their relationship was focused on the two of them working out their relationship, as real couples have to, rather than resorting to conflicts/ hardships arising because of outside interference. That kind of dampens the plot a bit, I think.

I don't know how I feel about the hair turning white thing. Too soon after Qiu Yue in Love Better than Immortality! 

I'm still going to watch for the kisses and hugs and everything though... I love how they are unwavering in their devotion to each other once they confirmed their feelings.

Oh and the comment about the drama being too long - you may be right, which is why all the annoying plots. But I find that each episode goes by quite quickly, about half an hour, and nothing much happens which keeps you going to the next and the next... LOL take what you will from that.

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Hmmm... you're enticing me back in with this comment.  LOL.  I was eager to give it a try as teasers I'd seen promised a lot of cute hijinks and whatnot, but after 6 episodes... I don't know.  I felt very bored.  Everyone else was loving it and so I figured it was me, but I put it on pause anyway.  Maybe I need to give it more of chance?

I also stopped at Ep6. I don’t feel the urge to chase the drama.

Some things were not explained properly at the start or require a leap of logic, like

1) In Ep 2, Ming Yue told her brother Prince Zi did not wish to marry her and only saved them from the assassins to make him aware of the difficulties and retreat (how did she deduce that?)

2) I don’t really get why Prince Zi introduced the dance during the wedding (other than to make the viewers go gaga over the OTP interaction). It does not seem necessary to the plot and many things could go wrong since he didn’t inform her beforehand.

3) One would expect Ming Yue to be briefed about what to do during the marriage ceremony especially since she was a foreigner but she was totally clueless.

4) Why did the other Prince try to stir trouble at the wedding when it would be more beneficial to him winning the secondary female lead’s affections (was it because he felt the alliance with Xi Yue was a threat to his bid for the throne?).

5) I also find it unbelievable Prince Ling could overhear the OTP’s conversation about the bracelet despite being some distance away and by right, the OTP should not be speaking loud enough for him to hear.

hqdefault.jpgmingyuezhaoliangwodexin-vertical-poster.jpgThe-Love-By-Hypnotic-OST.jpg?fit=1024,681&ssl=1

Unlike some here, I really enjoyed watching this Cdrama it was a lovely story and the chemistry at least from my point of view more than worked.  It's tender, playful, and felt as if we were given a beautiful seasonal view of how marriage even a seemingly forced one can through time bring two people from different worlds and ideas together over time.

That love is about learning, forgiving, trusting  and protecting each other no matter what or who you might have to face around you.  Most of all I loved whether fantasy or reality that they learned with snow falling all around them that real happiness in this life or the next meant being next to one another for that in itself is more than enough...

On 11/19/2019 at 11:42 PM, themarchioness said:

Since you're so close to the end, I'll wait for your final opinion.  Given the conversations we've shared in other drama threads where we seem to have similar thoughts, I'll trust your judgment as to whether I should give it another go.  I'm currently drama-less.  Although not entirely eager to start something before the holidays, so there's time.  ;) 

OK! Finished the drama and I definitely felt it was too long:lol: They could have cut at least 6 episodes in my opinion.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:03 AM, angelflower said:

I'm a bit past that episode, though I stopped for about 2 weeks... at first it was just so I'd have more episodes to binge, but then also I spoiled myself with the previews. That kind of made me not want to see the evil plots of delusional, irrational second leads, although I know our main leads will overcome together, as they have done so far.

Which is what I wanted to respond about - I don't think this drama is really political at all because the events that happen at court don't really affect the characters like, majorly.. I mean I know their marriage is a political marriage meant to be a symbol of peace between Bei Xuan and Xi Yue. But other than the king occasionally ordering them to do stuff, and the princes posturing with their resentment for each other, I think the drama is relatively mild on the palace politics. I don't know if it makes sense and maybe you guys think differently, but to me the politics don't really play much part in the drama.

What does seem to happen a lot in the later episodes though, is like the main leads taking turns getting into trouble.

Reveal hidden contents

The male lead is ordered to take a second wife, to the displeasure of Ming Yue. But they manage to get past it and the 2nd wife is sent away. Then after that, we see Yunsi coming back, determined to take Ming Yue away. I'm like, really?? And then of course, after Yunsi is done, we get shenanigans from Hui Xin, who is the epitome of delusional 2nd female lead. I wonder if they'll ever tell her that her dad killed himself in order not to be caught as a traitor to spare her.

It kind of shifts from what was good in the beginning - where conflicts in their relationship was focused on the two of them working out their relationship, as real couples have to, rather than resorting to conflicts/ hardships arising because of outside interference. That kind of dampens the plot a bit, I think.

I don't know how I feel about the hair turning white thing. Too soon after Qiu Yue in Love Better than Immortality! 

I'm still going to watch for the kisses and hugs and everything though... I love how they are unwavering in their devotion to each other once they confirmed their feelings.

Oh and the comment about the drama being too long - you may be right, which is why all the annoying plots. But I find that each episode goes by quite quickly, about half an hour, and nothing much happens which keeps you going to the next and the next... LOL take what you will from that.

I definitely agree with your post particularly how the politics isn't really significant to the plot and regarding the leads taking turns to get into trouble especially

Spoiler

All the drama when Yunsi returned the second time especially.  That should have all been condensed to his first visit instead of him going away and coming back for another ridiculous and dragged out arc IMO. The drama also clearly didn't have the budget for it as Ming Yue's homeland basically consisted of two sets :lol:

TBH although I felt sorry for Yunsi (the first time - not so much when he cam back AGAIN) I felt that plot line was so contrived..  Why did her second brother even bring him along when he knew he was still in love with LMY and had no idea she had been hypnotised to forget him? That was just asking for trouble! Why didn't her brother just hypnotise Yunsi? I don't think that was ever explained either.

Same with Li Qian covering for the crazy second female lead's crime and suicide which caused so many problems.  He lied to the emperor about a very serious matter which is treasonous; the father deserved to be named and shamed; crazy second lead should have known the truth; if her father had been exposed she would never have been allowed to marry the Crown Prince so she would never have been able to to gain the power she did to try to destroy his life with LMY.

13 hours ago, raziela said:

OK! Finished the drama and I definitely felt it was too long:lol: They could have cut at least 6 episodes in my opinion.

Thanks for the update!  (That's kind of how I felt already about the first 6 episodes that I watched... not that those 6 episodes needed to be cut, but just that things could have been truncated and less dragged out.  When you're already feeling that within the first 6 episodes, it wasn't a good sign.)  Anyway, good to know that I don't need to rush back to give the drama another chance, if at all.  I am currently without anything to watch, so that's what tempts me to give it another go, but on the other hand I'm also currently without any time!  (Not even for our beloved GYH thread, and I do have things I want to comment on there!)  So, we'll see where things are at when I have the time to watch dramas again in another week or so.  ;) 

Aww I loved this drama (most especially - the couple) so much! I've ran out of K-dramas to watch at the moment and so happy to have stumbled upon this. It took getting used to but later on, the simple story and the light, romantic-filled scenes really drew me in. I suppose it was just exactly what I was looking for. This drama as a whole is light, adorable and what kept me watching was how the main leads are a lot smarter with dealing against the antagonists compared to a lot of other dramas of the same type.

What I hate the most is when the main characters go their separate ways just because of a silly misunderstanding that's too obvious to not see and then the lack of communication afterwards. Not the most mind blowing plot (it didn't need to be) but that was its charm for me.

I thought the use of hypnosis would be tacky but it actually came out well. I wouldn't complain if there were more  episodes to watch! Really enjoyable and those 36 episodes flew by real quick for me.  

And apparently this drama has one of the most kisses in a C-drama? There were certainly a lot but they really suited each scene. The leads looked so natural with each other it was lovely to watch.

Spoiler

More than the kiss scenes and the bed scenes - what shocked me the most was when he sucked her finger :scream:

Archived