larus

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

anuary 8 2020

First script reading for OCN drama series “Rugal”

Rugal-SR-SM1.jpg

First script reading for upcoming OCN drama series “Rugal” took place October, 2019 at Donga Digital Media Center in Sangam-dong, Seoul, South Korea. Main cast members that attended included Choi Jin-Hyuk, Park Sung-Woong, Jo Dong-Hyuk, Jung Hye-In, Han Ji-Wan, Kim Min-Sang, Park Sun-Ho, Kim Da-Hyun, Park Jung-Hak, and Park Choong-Sun all attended. The drama series is based on webcomic “Rugal” by Rilmae. Choi Jin-Hyuk plays main character Kang Ki-Beom. He loses his wife and his eyes due to criminal organization Argos. He joins Rugal to get revenge.

“Rugal” will first air March, 2020 (takes over OCN’s Wednesday & Thursday 11PM time slot vacated by “The Running Mates: Human Rights“).

Rugal-SR-SM2.jpg

Rugal-SR-SM3.jpg

Spoiler

Rugal-SR-SM4.jpg

Rugal-SR-SM5.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-for-ocn-drama-series-rugal

Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Sung Woong, And More Participate In First Script Reading For New Drama

Jan 8, 2020
by C. Hong

Upcoming OCN drama “Rugal” (literal title) has revealed photos from its first script reading with the cast!

“Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller about an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. In the process, he is targeted by Argos, loses his wife and eyes, and is framed for murder. He then receives a set of artificial eyes with special biotechnological abilities developed by an organization named Rugal, which helps him in his quest for revenge against Argos.

Present at the script reading were director Kang Chul Woo, screenwriter Do Hyun, and actors Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Sung Woong, Jo Dong Hyuk, Jung Hye In, Han Ji Wan, Kim Min Sang, Park Sun Ho, and more.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1375927wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-park-sung-woong-and-more-participate-in-first-script-reading-for-new-drama

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Rugal, 루갈 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST - Choi Jin-Hyuk & Park Sung Woong - Premieres in March

Team RUGAL!

(Left to Right)

-JHI as Mina- / -CDH as Taewoong- / - PSH as Kwangcheol-/ Taewoong is the team leader btw.

I really like their outfits. I wonder if its tailored-made for the show?  I see that the show is taking a more realistic approach which is fine. JHI as Mina is perfect. I love her appearance. That haircut is really nice & suits her alot. She's really pretty & handsome at the same time lol. I've seen her IG posts & impress with her physicality & strength. I'm so excited to see her kick major butts.

I'm happy they let CDH keep his hair. Although his character in the webtoon is bald, I really like seeing him with hair. He had his hair bald/cut bare in Bad Guys years ago, another OCN tv show. He looks super good with that cut. I'm sure he doesnt want to be bald again lol. I'm ready to see him kick @$$ since hes really awesome in action sequence. 

I'm not familiar with PSH as he's fairly new to acting? He is super tall & huge lol. But he's much younger than the other two actors lol. 

My only gripe about the show so far is the exclusion of Suzan & Bradley:unsure:. I Iove those two so I'm sad they aren't in the show. The cast looks promising so far.  I'm curious how the directing will be.? Hopefully the director knows how to execute action sequence well. 

@greenwatch08

Yes their Rugal team outfits are made for the drama. CJH mentioned before how excited he was about his outfit.  They look cool but I had hoped for much fancier ones.
Park Sun-ho (26 yrs) seems to be an emerging new actor.  Maybe he is a flower boy in the Rugal team.  haha  
Me too hope to see some good action scenes :lol:

CDH in this IG  shows a low but sharp haircut.  

On 1/17/2020 at 8:34 PM, booha said:

@greenwatch08

Yes their Rugal team outfits are made for the drama. CJH mentioned before how excited he was about his outfit.  They look cool but I had hoped for much fancier ones.
Park Sun-ho (26 yrs) seems to be an emerging new actor.  Maybe he is a flower boy in the Rugal team.  haha  
Me too hope to see some good action scenes :lol:

CDH in this IG  shows a low but sharp haircut. 

Yeah. I like the outfits. Seem very practical. The only gripe about their clothes is probably the mask lol. But its alright since it would hard to translate the webtoon outfit/gear onscreen. 

Yes, I really like CDH with that sharp cut. One of my fav look from him in any shows hes in, although that was only a small cameo for K2 drama. Hopefully his role is more prominent here since hes playing the team leader. I like his look for Rugal too. It's not as sharp looking but it's not bad either. Everyone looks great so far. I'm not familiar with PSH. I believe hes also in a idol group?

ocn_original

3/16 first broadcast!  Guarantee  M/T action masterpiece

<Rugal> first teaser released

‘Human weapon’ Choi Jin-hyuk  VS ‘Ultimate evil’ Park Sung-woong
“The moment he took everything from me… I was reborn."

Science Action Hero <Rugal>
March 16 first broadcast / Mon. 10:50 pm

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Prepares For Revenge In 1st Teaser For Upcoming OCN Drama “Rugal”

TV/Film Jan 22, 2020  by E. Cha
QxRvlKg.jpg

OCN’s upcoming drama “Rugal” has unveiled its suspenseful first teaser!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder.

After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

The drama’s newly released first teaser sets the stage for the conflict between protagonist Kang Ki Bum and Hwang Deuk Goo, the evil villain behind Argos (played by Park Sung Woong).  As Hwang Deuk Goo takes off a red mask and stares intensely into the camera, Kang Ki Bum removes a bandage over his own eyes, revealing his new set of artificial eyes with special powers.

Meanwhile, Kang Ki Bum says in voice-over, “The moment he took everything from me… I was reborn. Rugal.”

“Rugal” will premiere on March 16 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Check out the new teaser for the drama below!

Spoiler

https://www.soompi.com/article/1378763wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-prepares-for-revenge-in-1st-teaser-for-upcoming-ocn-drama-rugal

January 23 2020

Teaser trailer #1 for OCN drama series “Rugal”

Rugal-teaser1SM1.jpg

First teaser trailer added for OCN drama series “Rugal” starring Choi Jin-Hyuk & Park Sung-Woong. The drama series is based on webcomic “Rugal” by Rilmae. The teaser trailer starts with Choi Jin-Hyuk’s narration, stating in Korean “At the very moment that man took everything from me, I was reborn.”

“Rugal” is now set to first air March 16, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-1-for-ocn-drama-series-rugal

Bionetic battle between good and evil begins in Rugal

rugali0.png

OCN just dropped an awesome teaser for its upcoming superhero sci-fi drama Rugal, starring Choi Jin-hyuk (Justice) and Park Sung-woong (When the Devil Calls Your Name). Rugal refers to this drama’s group of elite soldiers who have been bio-engineered to have superior capabilities. Together, they fight against Korea’s largest underground terrorist organization, Argos, headed by Park Sung-woong’s character.

When Argos commits another unspeakable act of terror, Choi Jin-hyuk loses both his eyesight and his beloved wife. He is reborn through Rugal with a new set of bionetic eyes and a mission for revenge.

The teaser begins with a man in a red mask, standing over a desk threateningly in the middle of a dark room. The scene flashes to a compositionally opposite room with a man in a white blindfold, sitting in the middle of a brightly-lit white room. He slowly pulls the blindfold off as the other man takes his mask off. Choi Jin-hyuk’s voiceover says: “When the bastard snatched away my everything, I was reborn.”

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/01/bionetic-battle-between-good-and-evil-begins-in-rugal/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Rugal, 루갈 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST - Choi Jin-Hyuk & Park Sung Woong - Premieres on March 16th

2020 Happy Chinese New Year

K6LenHg.jpg?1

((2020  is the year of the rat,  Metal Rat ))

Chinese zodiac 2020: All you need to know about the year of the rat

Rats are quick-thinking, optimistic, and adaptable, which gives them the edge in 2020's rat race. Read our infographic to see why.

https://www.scmp.com/infographics/china/society/article/3047378/chinese-zodiac-2020-all-you-need-know-about-year-rat

Year of the Rat

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/social_customs/zodiac/rat.htm

((coffee truck for Jeon He-in))

On 1/23/2020 at 4:05 AM, booha said:

ocn_original

3/16 first broadcast!  Guarantee  M/T action masterpiece

<Rugal> first teaser released

‘Human weapon’ Choi Jin-hyuk  VS ‘Ultimate evil’ Park Sung-woong
“The moment he took everything from me… I was reborn."

Science Action Hero <Rugal>
March 16 first broadcast / Mon. 10:50 pm

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Prepares For Revenge In 1st Teaser For Upcoming OCN Drama “Rugal”

TV/Film Jan 22, 2020  by E. Cha

OCN’s upcoming drama “Rugal” has unveiled its suspenseful first teaser!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder.

After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

The drama’s newly released first teaser sets the stage for the conflict between protagonist Kang Ki Bum and Hwang Deuk Goo, the evil villain behind Argos (played by Park Sung Woong).  As Hwang Deuk Goo takes off a red mask and stares intensely into the camera, Kang Ki Bum removes a bandage over his own eyes, revealing his new set of artificial eyes with special powers.

Meanwhile, Kang Ki Bum says in voice-over, “The moment he took everything from me… I was reborn. Rugal.”

“Rugal” will premiere on March 16 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Check out the new teaser for the drama below!

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.soompi.com/article/1378763wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-prepares-for-revenge-in-1st-teaser-for-upcoming-ocn-drama-rugal

A very stylistic teaser. Im diggin' it!

Hopefully the show is just as stylistic & gritty along with good action sequences. 'Kill It' had really nice &

stylistic teasers/photoshoots but the show was just NOT it lol. I dont expect Bad Guys/My Beautiful Bride level of fight choreagraphy/cinematography for Rugal but i'm going to give this adaptation a shot since I love the characters from the webtoon.

Btw, I really like CJH's hairdo as Kang. It matches his face. I'm so ready for March to come by. 

22 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

A very stylistic teaser. Im diggin' it!

Hopefully the show is just as stylistic & gritty along with good action sequences. 'Kill It' had really nice &

stylistic teasers/photoshoots but the show was just NOT it lol. I dont expect Bad Guys/My Beautiful Bride level of fight choreagraphy/cinematography for Rugal but i'm going to give this adaptation a shot since I love the characters from the webtoon.

Btw, I really like CJH's hairdo as Kang. It matches his face. I'm so ready for March to come by. 

Well OCN is touting Rugal will be an action masterpiece  so I’m putting my hope on it. :PYeah OCN you better not disappoint us.  CJH’s last drama(Tunnel) with OCN turned to be good. Plus it will be on Netflix which means (praying) the production team would have a bit more money for action scenes.:sweatingbullets:
Waiting for a few more teasers to see how they handle this action part.  crossing my fingers until then -_-
Sadly I have to sign with Netflix temporarily to watch Rugal. Hoping it’s worth it. hehe 

17 hours ago, booha said:

Well OCN is touting Rugal will be an action masterpiece  so I’m putting my hope on it. :PYeah OCN you better not disappoint us.  CJH’s last drama(Tunnel) with OCN turned to be good. Plus it will be on Netflix which means (praying) the production team would have a bit more money for action scenes.:sweatingbullets:
Waiting for a few more teasers to see how they handle this action part.  crossing my fingers until then -_-
Sadly I have to sign with Netflix temporarily to watch Rugal. Hoping it’s worth it. hehe 

I didnt realize Netflix will be streaming Rugal. That's interesting. I am excited for more promo pictures. Hopefully the coming month, OCN will drop more official photos of the entire cast as their characters. Im not familiar with JHI, but she is very handsome & pretty. Her short hair really suits her. She has the appearance & attitude as I would imagine Mina to be. Everyone so far looks great. I really like looking through bts shots & their IG lol for the show.

Looking forward to the action sequences. I wonder how they'll translate the webtoon onscreen since they've already change several things. Theres alot of twist & turn plotwise so I'm excited to see how that plays out on the show. Hopefully the essence of the comic is still intact within the drama.

Archived