[Drama 2020] Rugal, 루갈

larus

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rugal: Episodes 9-10 Open Thread

by missvictrix

Rugal910_1.jpg

This week our fighters get an up-front look at the evil that Argos is capable of. However, a deeper threat lurks amongst them as we learn that our hero is slowly losing power to fight the AI within.

EPISODES 9-10 WEECAP

Rugal910_9.jpg

Rugal picks up where it left off: our boring, confused hero dealing with some strange new memories. Why does he keep seeing himself at the scene of his wife’s murder, as if he were the murderer? As if being unable to forget this troubling vision wasn’t enough, his AI eyes continue to replay the scene for him.

It’s like in real life when you can’t forget an embarrassing or harrowing moment and keep replaying it in your head — except it’s worse than that because it’s literally replaying in your head thanks to self-aware bionic eyes. What does this mean for our hero? Does it make Ki-bum any more interesting? What I do know is that this is an occasion to Ki-bum to have an argument with his actual eyeballs (yes, that happens).

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/04/rugal-episodes-9-10-open-thread/

**Okay  it seems Rugal  is done with shooting.  I read, because of covid19, there will be no wrap party.

cho_donghyuk   The last shooting in the set
For snack delivery ... Thank you ~~

from Park Sung-Woong's fan

for Park Sung-Woong, from Nana

Tensions Build As Park Sung Woong Holds Choi Jin Hyuk At Gunpoint In “Rugal”

May 2, 2020
by L. Kim
0777a98f548e42f89c91807bc554d550.jpeg?s=

Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong will be having a showdown in the upcoming episode of “Rugal.”

The OCN drama centers around the conflict between special organization Rugal, which turns humans into weapons using biotechnology, and the terror organization Argos.

Choi Jin Hyuk plays the role of Kang Ki Bum, a police detective who loses his wife and both his eyes and is given a pair of bionic eyes by Rugal so that he can pursue revenge. Meanwhile, Park Sung Woong takes on the role of Hwang Deuk Goo, the ultimate villain behind Argos.

Spoilers

In the last episode, Rugal wiped out Hwang Deuk Goo’s secret research center. Hwang Deuk Goo felt a mix of anger as well as a strong sense of pleasure that drove him to go face-to-face with Kang Ki Bum. A few days later, Goo Won Bong’s (Yoo Hyung Kwan) false confession was reported on the news and Hwang Deuk Goo’s warning went live.

Behind the report that the government and police pushed for human weaponization through biological experiments was Kang Ki Bum, who was serving a prison term as a murder suspect. On top of that, Hwang Deuk Goo threatened to cause terrorism unless Kang Ki Bum showed up at a set time and place. Eventually, Kang Ki Bum went to meet Hwang Deuk Goo in person at an empty studio.

The newly released stills foreshadow an intense battle between Kang Ki Bum and Hwang Deuk Goo. Kang Ki Bum is dressed in a formal police suit, which shows his strong will to fight against Hwang Deuk Goo’s criminal activities. Hwang Deuk Goo, whose anger has reached its peak, is threatening Kang Ki Bum with a gun. His eyes are wild with anger, and it looks like he’s about to shoot his enemy dead. Despite the crisis, Kang Ki Bum isn’t easily pushed back, and he faces against Hwang Deuk Goo with a powerful gaze. Will Kang Ki Bum be able to find a way out of this dangerous situation?

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1397922wpp/tensions-build-as-park-sung-woong-holds-choi-jin-hyuk-at-gunpoint-in-rugal

11 hours ago, reddragon said:

Getting tired of the fighting and the over the top actions of Duk Goo. The story moves ever so slowly, it's boring.

I think I forgot to watch ep 10 last week because I watched ep 11 today and I did not understand anything. I watched  with fastforward button and still thought it was too long. I don`t understand what is going on, what is the purpose of Rugal, getting tired of Deuk Gu and his Argos. I wonder if this is the story of the original webton that people loved. I blame the writer to not giving me a coherent story, easy to follow. I did not have any expectation of a deep storyline. I just wanted to see a classical, funny good VS evil confrontation. Keep it simple and not repetitive. I am disappointed because I thought Rugal team had potential. I am sorry for the cast and crew who worked hard.

Now, Ki Beom found out that his wife is alive. I read about this posibility on this thread. Maybe that`s what happened in the webton too? I don`t even asked what happened/why? Let see what is the story behind it.

Park Sung Woong Has A New Plan Up His Sleeve As He Stands Face To Face With Choi Jin Hyuk In “Rugal”

May 3, 2020
by S. P
843b7432f42942028578854d19d026fe.jpeg?s=

OCN’s weekend drama “Rugal” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode.

The drama centers around the conflict between special organization Rugal, which turns humans into weapons using biotechnology, and the terror organization Argos.

Spoiler

Previously, Kang Ki Bum (Choi Jin Hyuk) and Hwang Deuk Goo (Park Sung Woong) engaged in a fierce battle. However, Hwang Deuk Goo’s plan was foiled due to the betrayal of Seol Min Joon (Kim Da Hyun). At the final decisive moment, Seol Min Joon took the side of Kang Ki Bum and Rugal was able to stop the act of terrorism. Rugal decided to change their methods and film the atrocious acts committed by Argos in order to reveal them to the entire world.

The new stills feature Hwang Deuk Goo locked in a jail cell after failing to kill Kang Ki Bum yet again. Although Kang Ki Bum faces him down with a cold stare and grabs him by the collar, Hwang Deuk Goo appears calm as a sly smile graces his features, as if he has yet another plan up his sleeve.

In the final two stills, Kang Ki Bum arrives at a suspicious location, leading viewers to wonder if he has stumbled upon a new lead.

In the upcoming episode, the members of Rugal will begin to carry out a proper attack on Argos. Hwang Deuk Goo will put his new plan into action, making Kang Ki Bum fall into utter confusion. In the preview shown at the end of the latest episode, Hwang Deuk Goo slyly jabbed at Kang Ki Bum while in the jail cell, asking, “How does it feel to face the truth?” He then told Kang Ki Bum that his wife Yeo Jin (Lee Seo El) is still alive, delivering a huge shock to Kang Ki Bum. Is Hwang Deuk Goo telling the truth? Or is there a secret that Kang Ki Bum doesn’t yet know?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398033wpp/park-sung-woong-has-a-new-plan-up-his-sleeve-as-he-stands-face-to-face-with-choi-jin-hyuk-in-rugal

Whatever it is Deuk Goo has up his sleeve, the thrill is already lost (for me), since they just go around in circles. The bad guys will win until the first half of the last episode. Rugal has potential as an anonymous crime-fighting unit, going after organized crimes and corruption in the law enforcement system. It would have been better if the story is presented that way, with hi-technologies used to bring criminals down. They even have some bionic body parts that costs millions, I suppose. Don't they have IT geniuses they can employ to get intel real-time? I remember watching a crime-action kdrama where a small crime-fighting group has access to almost all CCTVs and other databases they use to know almost everything about their targets. Considering that Rugal is a clandestine police unit, how come they are not privy to police intel or have all the devices and tools to use. They know almost nothing about the operations of Argos. I am sure in kdramaland, there are more organized crime groups than Argos. The Rugal team could have crippled Argos' limbs first before going after the core group.

Rugal: Episodes 11-12 Open Thread

by missvictrix

Rug1112_0.jpg

Our vigilante fighters have decided to go public to up the ante, and they’re now known by the public as the heroic black-masked “Argos Hunters.” But even though our Rugal fighters are at the top of their game, they’ve got their battle cut out for them, and a lot of unanswered questions on the horizon.

EPISODES 11-12 WEECAP

Rug1112_2A.jpgRug1112_2B.jpg

We open our episodes this week to Ki-bum riled up from Duk-gu’s broadcast, and heading into enemy territory alone. Ki-bum and Duk-gu face off yet again — Duk-gu wants the tech in his head, but he’s also a theatrical guy, so he has to do it with some pomp and circumstance. This includes having Ki-bum come into an auditorium where a camera is set up and steak meal is delivered. But Ki-bum smashes everyone, evades Duk-gu’s bullets, and says he never really liked steak.

The scene turns into a huge fight of Ki-bum versus Argos + Duk-gu with a shotgun and it looks like Ki-bum has reached his limit — until a mysterious masked Argos man turns said shotgun on Duk-gu. It’s zombie Min-joon, but hooray, he’s a zombie no mo’!

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/rugal-episodes-11-12-open-thread/

Park Sung Woong Holds The Key To Choi Jin Hyuk’s Search For The Truth In “Rugal”

May 9, 2020
by C. Hong
76d8ffd650cf4e6ea33840a581b02d83.jpeg?s=

OCN’s “Rugal” recently released stills of Choi Jin Hyuk and his team in a confrontation with Park Sung Woong.

“Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller about the conflict between special organization Rugal, which turns humans into weapons using biotechnology, and Argos, a terrorist organization.

The stills released on May 9 show Kang Ki Bum (Choi Jin Hyuk) in confrontation with the police. Hwang Deuk Goo (Park Sung Woong), who is sitting in his car when Kang Ki Bum approaches, is completely relaxed. The tension lies with Kang Ki Bum’s team, who are standing by and ready to back him up: Han Tae Woong (Jo Dong Hyuk), Song Mi Na (Jung Hye In), and Lee Gwang Chul (Park Sun Ho).

choi-jin-hyuk-rugal.jpeg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1399255wpp/park-sung-woong-holds-the-key-to-choi-jin-hyuks-search-for-the-truth-in-rugal

I actually stopped at episode 4 as I'm pretty annoyed with KKB.

I tried to watch episode 5 but I dropped it again cos it seems to be going around in circles.

Thought will binge watch it when it airs all the episodes but now that I joined back the forum to pick up what I've missed?

I think I will drop it entirely.

This is so sad!

It has all the potential in the first 2 episodes!

On 5/3/2020 at 10:17 PM, larus said:

I think I forgot to watch ep 10 last week because I watched ep 11 today and I did not understand anything. I watched  with fastforward button and still thought it was too long. I don`t understand what is going on, what is the purpose of Rugal, getting tired of Deuk Gu and his Argos. I wonder if this is the story of the original webton that people loved. I blame the writer to not giving me a coherent story, easy to follow. I did not have any expectation of a deep storyline. I just wanted to see a classical, funny good VS evil confrontation. Keep it simple and not repetitive. I am disappointed because I thought Rugal team had potential. I am sorry for the cast and crew who worked hard.

Now, Ki Beom found out that his wife is alive. I read about this posibility on this thread. Maybe that`s what happened in the webton too? I don`t even asked what happened/why? Let see what is the story behind it.

On 5/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, reddragon said:

Whatever it is Deuk Goo has up his sleeve, the thrill is already lost (for me), since they just go around in circles. The bad guys will win until the first half of the last episode. Rugal has potential as an anonymous crime-fighting unit, going after organized crimes and corruption in the law enforcement system. It would have been better if the story is presented that way, with hi-technologies used to bring criminals down. They even have some bionic body parts that costs millions, I suppose. Don't they have IT geniuses they can employ to get intel real-time? I remember watching a crime-action kdrama where a small crime-fighting group has access to almost all CCTVs and other databases they use to know almost everything about their targets. Considering that Rugal is a clandestine police unit, how come they are not privy to police intel or have all the devices and tools to use. They know almost nothing about the operations of Argos. I am sure in kdramaland, there are more organized crime groups than Argos. The Rugal team could have crippled Argos' limbs first before going after the core group.

Your not the only one,  the last few episode that i have watched so far to me has very little or no progression. How many times must we see the same pattern repeating itself...RUGAL-->ARGOS-->INTERNAL STRIFE BTW ARGOS-->RUGAL. Seems like everyone whom we thought is dead is alive...now im beginning to question if the supposed dead director of Argos whom was shot is really dead. One question, is RUGAL sole responsibility just to bring down ARGOS? its will be a  pity that a high tech crime fighting group sole purpose is just that...anyway, hope the remaining episodes will be able to perhaps bring us back to how the first few episodes was like . Nevertheless, the whole crew deserves credit for putting this drama together.

4 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

anyway, hope the remaining episodes will be able to perhaps bring us back to how the first few episodes was like . Nevertheless, the whole crew deserves credit for putting this drama together.

I can`t wait for this drama to be over. I don`t have any expectation left. Now I see the actors`s face on screen and I feel sorry for them (all of them). They did their best.

I just watched ep 13 and I can`t have words left. Ki-Beom`s wife was alive and now she is dead again?  I mean now she is dead for good. What was the reason for the writer to make her alive? And Choi Geun-Cheol was bedind her dissapearence? And the "good guys" were behind Ki Beom`s nighmare? What horrible plan was that? Nonsense. Choi Geum Cheol come up with this "idea"?  They knew that Argos will come up against Ki Beom and his family/ friends and that was the plan to save him? Facepams. Choi Geum Cheol put Detective Yang (Ki Beom`s friend and colleague) to stab Yeo Jin (but skillfully to not kill her:crazy:). Argos just came and they stab Ki Beom`s eyes. And the police then framed Ki Beom for his wife death? Maybe I did not understand very well. I admit that I watch with fast forward button.

No wonder Rugal can`t beat Argos. With a leader like Choi Geum Cheol and his brilliant plan!

Archived