[Drama 2020] Rugal, 루갈

larus

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Can we put this info on first page first post? I have a feeling we'll have to refer to it often while watching so we are clear who is who. Thanks in advance!!

O.K. I don`t think @booha will have something against the idea.

I put the character chart and the translations on the first page.

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Is Determined To Get Revenge In “Rugal”

Mar 20, 2020
by R. Jun
4a3897ac6f37429882177ee98c5a3435.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming drama “Rugal” has revealed a new teaser!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” stars Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder. After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

In the new teaser, Kang Ki Bum is brought to the hospital, having lost both of his eyes. He narrates, “Because even being alive is humiliating.”

In the next scene, Ki Bum looks in the mirror a new set of artificial eyes, and we hear him say, “You’re going to make me see again?” Choi Geun Chul (played by Kim Min Sang) responds, “Under the condition that you become my agent.”

Hwang Deuk Gu, the leader of Argos (played by Park Sung Woong), says, “Try coming after me until the end,” and Ki Bum says, “I’m going to pay you back for every bit, no, several times what you did to me.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1389261wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-is-determined-to-get-revenge-in-rugal

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@larus :)

Hi sorry to say I couldn’t enlarge the char diagram with imgur.  But this is the blog link which has a bigger picture in case someone wants to see it clearly.  ((**https://nabom-house.tistory.com/442))
At the moment I’m trying to translate full character descriptions but I have to see whether I could be able to finish it.  As Rugal is a simple action drama, I didn’t think knowing the details about characters would be important.  But I realized Rugul team members have been fitted with so called bio-mechanic parts which have different functions and short comings. Maybe better for us to read about what they are. It’s possible they will be explained when the drama starts.   
Btw happy to see OCN is putting out a lot of promotion for Rugal.

PS ** Rugal will broadcast Sa & S 10:50PM, K-time

4 focal points: ocn_original  https://www.instagram.com/p/B98_fr2AfuR/

Ap7Rqvk.jpg

cr to DC

A normal hero story shows one with amazing power defeating evil with fantastic actions,  but <Lugal> is a story about ordinary human beings growing into a hero through the pain of loss.

# 1 The birth of a Korean hero that has never been seen before

Spoiler

EsWaM81.jpg

To film a new, large-scale action scene, we went through a lot of pre-conti work and numerous meetings.
More work than ever has been invested in filming
I think we are taking on a really meaningful challenge
# 2 Thrilling action catharsis

Spoiler

kkYOh58.jpg

The wishes of the production team and the writer have materialized with the joining of two actors, Choi Jin-hyuk and Park Sung-woong, in Rugal.   It’s impossible to imagine Kang Ki Bum and Hwang Deuk Gu without these two actors.
# 3 Incredible actors’ synergy  

Spoiler

wl8P81M.jpg

If it doesn’t appear believable, the story will collapse, so I paid attention to many parts such as sets, props, CG costumes, and special makeup.
# 4 Intense CG and visual detail

Spoiler

WeySgw5.jpg

ocn_original

※ Reverse ※ Choi Jin-hyuk X Park Seong-woong's shock Past ?!
It was the 1980s ... ★
Choi Jin-hyuk, who showed off passion-explosion
Park Seong-woong, who did investigation not through scientific facts but own rough instincts

>>> Handing over is essential! >>>
-
Two detectives in the 80s who are full of humanity
If you are curious about the perfect transformation ?!

((** Park Sung-woong ‘Life on Mars’  & Choi Jin-hyuk ‘Tunnel’))

YT full version

Spoiler

YT full version

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, booha said:

At the moment I’m trying to translate full character descriptions but I have to see whether I could be able to finish it.  As Rugal is a simple action drama, I didn’t think knowing the details about characters would be important. 

Thank you for all your hard work.

Yeah. I see a lot of promotion. BTS pictures and video, posters, character descriptions.

I don`t know the web comic series  but I feel like they did a good job transforming the manga in a drama. It is a hard work but they have fun filming as well.

Choi Jin Hyuk + “Rugal” Cast Get Playful In New Behind-The-Scenes Photos

Mar 22, 2020
by E. Cha
95ee3fcce1724ec1a9e027039889a069.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming drama “Rugal” has shared a new behind-the-scenes glimpse of its cast on set!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide terrorist organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos—led by the evil villain Hwang Deuk Goo (played by Park Sung Woong)—and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder.

After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

According to the drama’s production crew, the fierce and charismatic cast go from lethal to friendly and playful the moment that the cameras stop rolling. The producers of “Rugal” remarked, “The atmosphere on set is always cheerful, harmonious, and loving.”

Praising the actors for their strong chemistry and teamwork, they went on, “The strength of the ‘Rugal’ cast, who are able to perfectly pull off their powerful characters, can be found in the fact that they always enjoy filming. From the very first episode, you’ll be able to sense their deep chemistry and flawless teamwork.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1389612wpp/rugal-cast-gets-playful-in-new-behind-the-scenes-photos

**According to the article Rugal PC  took  place online.  Must be from COVID-19 effect.   So we have to expect there will be Rugal-2, if the ratings are good. :glasses:

Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Sung Woong, And More Talk About What “Rugal” Means, Working Out For Action Scenes, And Ratings Promise

Soompi  Mar 23, 2020   by C. Hong
zu0l8Zs.jpg

On March 23, OCN’s new Saturday-Sunday drama “Rugal” held an online press conference with director Kang Chul Woo and actors Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Sung Woong, Jo Dong Hyuk, Jung Hye In, Han Ji Wan, and Park Sun Ho.

“Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller about a special organization named Rugal that uses biotechnological enhancements to fight against a major terrorist organization named Argos. Choi Jin Hyuk stars as Kang Ki Bum, a police detective who loses his wife and both his eyes to Argos and receives bionic eyes from Rugal in order to pursue his revenge. Park Sung Woong co-stars as Hwang Deuk Goo, the greatest villain in Argos.

When asked about the meaning of “Rugal,” director Kang Chul Woo said, “It comes from the Chinese characters for ‘tears’ and ‘dry.’ The main character, played by Choi Jin Hyuk, loses both his eyes and receives new bionic eyes. ‘Rugal’ represents how his emotions dry up and he becomes a monster in order to pursue his revenge.”

The drama is based on a webtoon and the director said, “We stuck to the two major themes of the story: one man’s revenge and the use of bionic eyes. Because the genre is sci-fi, we worked hard to tell a story that felt real and not fake. To be honest, this is a new genre for Korean dramas. The cinematography, sound effects, and CGI will be different from what you’ve seen before.

Spoiler

mNcgQe6.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk said, “I think many men will enjoy this drama because it has a lot of action scenes. The characters in the drama are reborn as human weapons through biotechnology after enduring emotional pain. It’s a black comedy that shows their growth and pain. I hope that many people can find something to like in it. You can also see it as a new challenge in a new genre.”

Park Sung Woong said, “I’ve come back to playing villains. I debated how to come off strong and play him differently from regular villains. I found that it’s fine as long as you’re not in your right mind. Normally I prepare about 70-80 percent and go with the flow when I’m on set, but I gave 120 percent every day on ‘Rugal.'”

Jung Hye In, who plays Rugal soldier Song Mi Na, said, “It would be a lie to say I didn’t feel any pressure about taking on the role. I was really nervous during the first shoot because I wanted to do well. The director and my seniors gave me a lot of advice on set. When I monitored my scenes, I could see my body was stiff and tight because of my nervousness. The seniors told me to abandon the need to do well and just immerse myself in the situation. That helped me a lot.”

Park Sun Ho said, “Because my character has an enhanced body, I think of the body I created through exercise as my tool.” Park Sung Woong added, “The male actors take off their clothes a lot, so we exercised a lot. I didn’t drink for 60 days and went to the gym and boxed. Choi Jin Hyuk and Jo Dong Hyuk also exercised a lot.” He added jokingly, “Park Sun Ho is the slimmest, but he says his body is his tool.”

Park Sun Ho said, “Because this is a new genre for Korean dramas, I would like it if we got the highest ratings for an OCN drama.” Choi Jin Hyuk said, “I think ratings are a matter of luck. Since this drama stars actors from ‘Life on Mars,’ ‘Tunnel,’ and ‘Bad Guys,’ I think it would be nice if we could get around nine percent. If we hit nine percent, I’m thinking we can do a second season.”

Spoiler

N0eJ5yD.jpg

“Rugal” premieres on March 28 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1389957wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-park-sung-woong-rugal-action-scenes-ratings-promise

[OCN Sa/S Original] 'ugal' Production Presentation Live

2 hours ago, booha said:

According to the article Rugal PC  took  place online.  Must be from COVID-19 effect.   So we have to expect there will be Rugal-2, if the ratings are good.

I see that there is a trend these days. Many kdramas want to have two seasons. I  am alright with that with one condition. They have to finish satistactory the first season.

드라마 '루갈'의 주역들

I want to thank the guys/ their fashion stylists to choose the pants of the suits with the right length.The 3/4 pants trend (at men) annoyed me. 

Premiere Watch: Rugal

by stroopwafel

Rugal

premwatch365_7.jpg

Time slot: Saturday & Sunday
Broadcaster: OCN
Genre: Action, crime
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Choi Jin-hyuk and Park Sung-woong go head to head in this webtoon adaptation that focuses on an epic battle between forces of good and evil. Choi’s pleasant life is changed irrevocably when he loses both his wife and his sight in a horrific event. The event was no accident–it was engineered by Argos, an underground criminal syndicate headed by Park Sung-woong. Having hit rock bottom, it seemed there was no way out of Choi’s pit of despair–until a mysterious and powerful group going by the name of Rugal recruits him to join them on a mission to destroy Argos. In return for his allegiance, he’s fitted with bionic eyes and joins several other elite warriors, all hellbent on gaining justice and destroying Argos.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/premiere-watch-365-repeat-the-year-a-piece-of-your-mind-welcome-a-couples-world-unique-chef-moon-rugal/

Hello all!

Wave to dear @larus & @booha friends! It's been a while since we bumped in to each other here! :)

Choi Jin Hyuk is so handsome at the press con & the behind the scenes of Rugal! And the lady Jung Hye In is also great looking in short hair! Heard that it's a sci-fi drama so will drop by here to check the eps when it's started! Looks interesting! 

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Heard that it's a sci-fi drama so will drop by here to check the eps when it's started! Looks interesting! 

I might be wrong but it is the first super hero sci fi kind of show for Kdrama land. At least is the first for me. They will use black comedy too. I usually don`t like dramas with over the top villains but for this show it works. I feel like manga/ cartoons characters are becoming alive through this show.

Welcome to this thread!

On 3/23/2020 at 2:00 PM, larus said:

I see that there is a trend these days. Many kdramas want to have two seasons. I  am alright with that with one condition. They have to finish satistactory the first season.

Yeah I know. :blush:  Every drama wishes to have a second season.  So I’m praying hard to the drama king for good ratings for the sake of CJH. :lol:   Kang Ki Bum seems like a best dream character for CJH to play.  

12 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Hello all!

Wave to dear @larus & @booha friends! It's been a while since we bumped in to each other here! :)

Choi Jin Hyuk is so handsome at the press con & the behind the scenes of Rugal! And the lady Jung Hye In is also great looking in short hair! Heard that it's a sci-fi drama so will drop by here to check the eps when it's started! Looks interesting! 

Whaha glad to see you here    Yes yes give it a try   @larus  is right about ‘the first super hero sci fi kind’   I love watching western version action hero type like Avenger.  I have wait to see how they create  k-drama version. :rolleyes:    finger cross

CEZ9fSN.jpg

Park Sung Woong Plays Mind Games As The Terrifying Head Villain In “Rugal”

Mar 26, 2020
by C. Hong
ee125cbf3a6144bc9b5b1ac31aa04370.jpeg?s=

Park Sung Woong is taking his “villain face” to a whole new level in OCN’s “Rugal!”

“Rugal” is an upcoming sci-fi action drama about a special organization named Rugal, which turns humans into weapons using biotechnology, and their fight against the terror organization known as Argos. Choi Jin Hyuk stars as Kang Ki Bum, a police detective who loses his wife and both his eyes and is given a pair of bionic eyes by Rugal so that he can pursue revenge. Park Sung Woong co-stars as Hwang Deuk Goo, the ultimate villain behind Argos.

In new stills released by OCN, Park Sung Woong shows that his character is absolutely ruthless even when it comes to people in his own crime syndicate. The stills show a wedding between Go Yong Duk (Park Jung Hak), the mafia boss of Argos, and Choi Ye Won (Han Ji Wan). Everything is peaceful until Hwang Deuk Goo approaches Go Yong Duk and makes the latter’s face darken.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1390519wpp/park-sung-woong-plays-mind-games-as-the-terrifying-head-villain-in-rugal

It's almost time for the show to hit. I can't believe 5 months passed so quickly. I remember being so excited about the news back in october. The recent teaser looks so clean. I'm so in love with the stage design. Everything looks really nice but not over the top. I think the stage design for the place &

settings looks better in the drama than in the webtoon. Although the webtoon, everything appears more gritty & darker. Everything just pops here. The color & lighting. Rugal headquaters looks super flashy. I'm excited to hear the music composition & ost. The music in the teaser sounds so cool.

@larus

Here is the translation for Rugal characters. :)  

** I’m sure some translations might not be quite correct so my apology in advance. :)

**skipped Chief Oh(Park Choong-sun) (Rugal) and  the middle bosses & Min Dal-ho(Yoo Sang-hoon): Argos' acting captain and Hwang Deuk-koo's right arm (Argos)

((*OCN character site))  http://program.tving.com/ocn/rugal/6/Contents/Html?h_seq=3

Kang Ki-bum(35), Rugal's Artificial Eyes / Choi Jin-hyuk

5Je4pUo.jpg

Spoiler

“Bad guy? My true satisfaction is when I can catch it every time I spot it.

Rising former-homicide detective(team leader), who has Rugal’s artificial eyes now.
As a detective he is a good athlete and has a sense of justice.
Once he finds a target, his tenacity must see it to the end. He takes the lead in cleaning the Argos and is recognized for his ability to succeed.
However, the day he is trying to celebrate the first wedding anniversary with his dear wife, Yeojin,  he is attacked by Argos members!

After witnessing the death of Yeojin, KKB loses his eyes, and is framed for killing his wife and injuring his eyes.
Rugal's director, Choi Geun-cheol, approaches the imprisoned prisoner KKB and helps him escape.   He proposes giving KKB artificial eyes to join Rugal and fight together against Argos…

With the sole determination to revenge Argos, he stakes his life on the artificial eye transplant surgery,  and he survives miraculously.   After being reborn, his only purpose becomes to eradicate Argos which stole everything!

>>  special features
He receives artificial eyes with microchip implant
He is an information tank and action officer in Rugal.
In the artificial eye, a quantum computer is planted which performs a million times stronger than an existing supercomputer.
It analyzes, saves and edits all information entered in an instant
Based on this, the optimal route is shown when moving,
And in battle, it proposes the best strategy.
It is so accurate that it is called the future seeing-eye.

However when the moment he acts solely for revenge, before the energy charge reaches its limit,  it immediately shuts down and stops functioning.
Above all, as artificial intelligence in artificial eye has evolved,
and the exchanges with KKB become more active.
There is a battle in his head between good and evil about how to use it ...

Han Tae-woong (38), Lugal's artificial arm / Jo Dong-hyuk

Spoiler

I8okQJo.jpg

"If you want to break this arm, merely having a vicious level of strength will not work."

Lugal's chief with artificial arms.
Before joining in Rugal, he was in Argos.
Even though he has a mechanical arm more powerful than any weapon, he does not take a day off from training.
He is a responsible leader who makes cold and rational decisions without excitement in any situation.
He is also an organizational type and trusts the director, Choi Geun-cheol.
Although he is not good at expressing verbally, he deeply cares about Rugal and his team members.

>>  special features

Before the artificial arm operation, he was a master of fighting and never before lost a one-on-one match.
With this in mind, he becomes the strongest human weapon with mechanized hands.
The artificial arm is mechanically perfect, but other biological tissues connected to it will be seriously damaged with even a little carelessness.

Song Mina(30), Lugal's chip(having an all-round capability)/ Jeong Hye-in

Spoiler

yDSYfNO.jpg
"(Me)short talk?  Should think about the guys you didn't kill that day!"

A former homicide detective:  receives an artificial chip implant behind her neck and joins Rugal.
She was on the scene of a terrible murder of her fellow officers by Argos.
On the same day, she was also shot and is supposed to be dead legally.
She was dramatically rescued by Tae-woong and became a member of the Rugal team.
The implanted artificial chip overcomes the paralysis caused by gunshot wounds, and gives her power and speed.
Because she had no choice but to watch the death of her beloved colleagues, she develops a strong commitment not to be beaten by Argos again.
She is a reliable team member who is always strong and perfect.
But as a person, she is warmer hearted than anyone else.

>>  special features

The microchip planted behind the neck which balances blood flow and body.
If the chip is twisted by 1mm, blood may reflux and the entire body may be paralyzed.

Director Choi Geun-cheol (53), Director of Rugal / Kim Min-sang

Spoiler

N1ps6ld.jpg
"Give you a chance to be born again. Then be my weapon."

Senior police officer, now the director of the secret police organization Rugal.
In past when he was in despair because he was constantly hit by Argos,  he learned about artificial body transplant technology done on Song Kyung-soo(Song Mina).
Using technology, he created Rugal and began to gather team members to defeat Argos.

The conditions for becoming a Rugal member are those who feel a vicious vengeance against Argos!
He persuades the ones to join who are hurt physically or lost their family or colleagues because of Argos.
As KKB enters, Rugal, which he dreamed of, is completed.
He is a leader with strong intellectual abilities and willpower with a spirit of intention and thoroughness.
Getting rid of Argos is the only reason he lives.

Lee Kwang-chul  (28), Lugal's artificial body / Park Sun-ho

Spoiler

O3hoW8i.jpg
"If it isn’t hot enough  even fire can’t ignite it!  Absolutely I will catch them."

Police drop out: receives artificial skin and organ transplant and joins Rugal
The explosion caused by Argos severely burns his abdomen, buttocks and thighs.
He is rescued by Taewoong
All of the burned areas are implanted with artificial skin and organs that even the blade could not penetrate.
He wanders around after dropped out from the police,
Even his family looks down on him by comparing him with his prosecutor brother.
Because of that he values Rugal team which helps him to reemerge.
Behind the warm appearance and bright personality that entertains everyone, he carries a sad secret.

>>  special features

The current which is created by artificial organs flows into artificial skin to prevent skin necrosis.
When the current is cut off and if it can’t be recovered on time, dermatology necrosis and organs stop.
Current also serves to help drones to operate more precisely during operations.

**The blog doesn’t include Bradley & Susan.  The photos of them are from OCN Rugal site.

Bradley(32) / Jang In-sub

Spoiler

j3B23q1.png

He is in charge of producing various action objects [tools to help the Rugal team members improve their combat power].
He is a science genius who taught himself after dropping out of junior high school and went to a famous overseas engineering school.  
His outstanding skills in the field of artificial intelligence is recognized by Choi Geun-Cheol  who scouted him to Rugal.

Susan(29)/ Jang Seo-kyung

Spoiler

eJFpZpw.png

Researcher at Rugal's biomechanic center
She was a medical student previously, but, due to her unfortunate childhood, she distrusted society and institutions and she didn’t care how her talent was used as long as she got paid well.
However, after an accidental encounter with Choi Geun-Cheol, she is persuaded by his passion for justice and decides to use her talent for the right thing and joins Rugal’s research team.

Hwang Deuk-koo (51), the absolute evil of Argos / Park Sung-woong

MyJZ2DE.jpg

Spoiler

"Welcome to my world!  Don't be sulky  Just come in willingly."

Argos' real power and absolute evil.
He is a person who doesn’t see the difference between good and evil,and, justice and injustice in the world.
With an unusual high intelligence and cold-blooded nature, he stepped into the dark world naturally.

To lay the groundwork for power, he helps Argos to eradicate numerous crime evidence.
He’s caught Ko Yong-deok ,Argos chair’s attention and established himself as Argos’ real power.

But when he feels the chairman is no longer valuable, he kills him.
His goal is to defeat  Choi Ye-won who inherited the position of the chair Go Yong-deok and the middle bosses, so he can create a world that he can control.

As Rugal's attack on Argos is getting stronger, he encounters Kang Ki-beom, who is reborn after death.
He is drawn into KKB’s unbreakable desire for revenge and the fighting power, and  firm conviction  of doggedly tracking evil.
"Welcome to my world! Don't be sulky   Just come in willingly."
Since Hwang Deuk-koo has been looking for someone who would assist his quest, he plans to start the game with KKB.

Choi Ye-won (32), Argos' successor / Han Ji-wan

Spoiler

hrycSVr.jpg
"There is more than what you show. Let's talk about what you really want."

Being the chairman’s girlfriend, after his death she inherits all his assets and becomes the official successor.
She gets the attention of Madame Jang who gives her a job as a jazz bar lip sync singer.   There she meets the chairman Go Yong-koo and becomes his woman.

When, on the wedding day, the chairman dies and she gets the boss position, she develops a strong ambition to win Argos.

She fights against Hwang Deuk-gu who constantly threatens her life.  
Will she be able to fulfill her desire in the face of the tightening threat from Rugal?
She herself cannot measure her own desires.

https://nabom-house.tistory.com/442

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Rugal, 루갈 - Sat & Sun @ 22:50 KST - Choi Jin-Hyuk & Park Sung Woong - Premieres TONIGHT

Today is the premiere.

a few stills

202003281353939871_1.jpg?20200328145520

In the photo released on this day, Kang Gi-beom's situation arouses curiosity. The look of Kang Ki-beom, who pulled the gun out of his surroundings, suggests an unusual incident. The appearance of Kang Ki-beom, who has fallen as a prisoner in the following photo, also arouses interest. Kang Ki-beom can only walk if he loses his eyes and relies on a prison guard. I wonder how Kang Ki-bum, whose life has changed in a day, will be resurrected as a human weapon hero. Argus' real-world counterpart, Hwang Deuk-gu, will face the atmosphere with a strong impression from the first appearance.

http://mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202003281353939871

“Rugal” Cast Shares Exciting Points To Look Out For Ahead Of Premiere

Mar 28, 2020
by L. Kim
45f32115652e437c823bc6b16bb8a1f9.jpeg?s=

The cast of OCN’s “Rugal” has given viewers reasons why they should tune into the new drama!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” centers around Kang Ki Bum (Choi Jin Hyuk), an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. He ends up framed for murder as well as losing his family and both of his eyes. After joining the organization Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons,” Kang Ki Bum sets out on a quest to get revenge against Argos.

Choi Jin Hyuk said, “When I received the script, I thought a lot about [if I should do it or not] since it was a genre I’ve never tried before, but as I talked with the director and other crew members, I developed a spirit of challenge.”

Concerning the key point, the actor shared, “There are many difficult scenes because this is an action hero drama, but we are all enjoying filming the drama together.” He added about his teamwork with Park Sung Woong, saying, “He’s a senior actor I really wanted to meet. He’s so cheerful and bright that I’m having fun filming with him.”

Then he said, “Please watch the growth process in which [the members of] ‘Rugal’ are reborn after overcoming their pain and embodies justice against the evil Argos. You’ll find a thrilling action hero drama you’ve never seen before.”

Park Sung Woong, who is playing the villain in this drama, shared that he joined the drama because it can appeal to viewers with various charms and said he’s working out a lot for the action scenes. Concerning his teamwork with his co-stars, he said, “Actor Choi Jin Hyuk gave me a great first impression, and he is a friend who works hard, so it’s comfortable working with him and we have good chemistry. Han Ji Wan and I are also enjoying filming tense scenes. Actor Yoo Sang Hoon is very pure compared to his appearance, so it’s fun to be with him, and actor Kim Da Hyun is familiar with the stage, so her acting is very stable.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1390988wpp/rugal-cast-shares-exciting-points-to-look-out-for-ahead-of-premiere

I hope the show keeps the twists that's in the webtoon. Love to see how it plays out on the show. It will make the show super exciting. Tomorrow is that day y'all. I love Rugal team white outfits too btw. 

@booha

Lmao, I love those gif reactions :lol:. It is basically me too. Waiting 5 months was excruciating but I hope the show delivers in both direction/writing. I know production team & cast put alot into the production & performances.

Question: Does anyone know if this will this be a pure action / black comedy drama without any romance? 

I am asking because:

• it would be refreshing to watch a pure action drama for once
  • My heart can't take it if Choi Jin Hyuk doesn't get the girl again....  :D

I really want to watch this drama because of CJH, but if they're going to add some kind of messy romance in it I might give this a pass.

Archived