[Drama 2020] Rugal, 루갈

larus

Choi Jin Hyuk Transforms Into A Hero With Artificial Eyes In Upcoming Action Sci-Fi Drama “Rugal”

Feb 13, 2020
by S. Nam

ad93f04064a2404bb9ba8fa4d589875a.jpeg?s=

OCN’s “Rugal” has revealed new stills of Choi Jin Hyuk!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” stars Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. In the process of fighting Argos, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder. After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

In the newly released stills, Kang Ki Bum goes from an elite detective to Rugal’s hero. The first still reveals Kang Ki Bum wearing his police uniform while looking up at someone with pent-up frustration. As he is held back, his gaze clearly displays his rage, hinting at the troubling events that have taken place.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk1.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1382801wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-transforms-into-a-hero-with-artificial-eyes-in-upcoming-action-sci-fi-drama-rugal

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch: Upcoming Action Sci-Fi Drama Starring Choi Jin Hyuk Reveals New Moving Poster

Feb 14, 2020
by R. Jun

8aad6cf6d7d9442bbe2d6554466f793d.jpeg?s=

Upcoming OCN drama “Rugal” has revealed a new moving poster!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” stars Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder. After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

The moving poster starts with an image from the webtoon, transitioning to Choi Jin Hyuk as he opens his eyes. He says, “When the tears dry, [he] becomes a monster.”

In a video with the cast of the drama, Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Sung Woong, Jo Dong Hyuk, Jung Hye In, and Han Ji Wan introduced themselves as well as the scenes they are currently filming.

Talking about the drama, Choi Jin Hyuk said, “The drama has comic book-like elements and is a much different genre than I’ve done previously, so I’m worried on one hand and curious on the other. Once the set is made and we start filming there, I think I’ll feel like it’s more of a reality. At the moment, I’m still learning about [my character] Ki Bum and coming to understand the tone of the drama.”

Park Sung Woong, who plays Hwang Deuk Gu of the criminal organization Argos, said, “It’s fun, playing a villain, since you get to do things you normally wouldn’t in real life. While acting, I’ve been thinking a lot about how to be entertaining and look even more evil.”

Actor Jo Dong Hyuk said, “First, it’s really cold. I’m really looking forward to this drama. There’s a lot of action and the story is really fun, too.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1383101wpp/watch-upcoming-action-sci-fi-drama-starring-choi-jin-hyuk-reveals-new-moving-poster

Spoiler

Watch: The “Rugal” Cast Sets Out For Revenge In New Teaser

Feb 18, 2020
by K. Z

b4b83d48d7ae45beb8bc6baf99b6719c.jpeg?s=

Look out, drama fans: there’s a new trailer for OCN’s upcoming drama “Rugal” on the loose!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” centers around Kang Ki Bum (Choi Jin Hyuk), an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. He ends up framed for murder as well as losing his family and both of his eyes. After joining the organization Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons,” Kang Ki Bum sets out on a quest to get revenge against Argos.

The trailer shows the scene of a horrific car accident, where it appears that none of the passengers survived the wreck. The music picks up, and all four of the passengers stand up as though nothing even happened. The agents of Rugal are introduced as Han Tae Woong (Jo Dong Hyuk), who has an artificial arm; Song Mi Na (Jung Hye In), who has a multi-purpose chip inserted into her brain; Lee Gwang Chul (Park Sun Ho), whose entire body is artificial; and Kang Ki Bum, who now sports a set of artificial eyes.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383596wpp/watch-the-rugal-cast-sets-out-for-revenge-in-new-teaser

I'm so excited for this show. I hope it delivers. And of course it most likely will stray away from the webtoon to make it more surprising to watch. Looking at ocn IG post, the bts & promo stills looks really neat. And that first teaser :w00t:. JHI as Mina, I know shes going to kick major patootie lol. I love the black sleek look everyone has. 

Park Sung Woong Is The Ultimate Villain In Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama With Choi Jin Hyuk

Drama Preview  Feb 19, 2020  by E. Cha
rBqgzB5.jpg

Park Sung Woong talked about his transformation into an evil mastermind for his upcoming drama “Rugal”!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, OCN’s “Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide terrorist organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder. After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

Park Sung Woong will be starring in the drama as Hwang Deuk Goo, the evil leader of Argos who becomes Rugal’s target. After discovering Rugal’s existence, the ruthless Hwang Deuk Goo sets out to play a dangerous and unhinged game against the vengeful Kang Ki Bum, who has been given a second chance at life.

Expressing his excitement about the upcoming drama, Park Sung Woong remarked, “I think ‘Rugal’ will be able to appeal to viewers in many different ways. The cast’s acting and the production will amplify the charms of the original webtoon.”

The veteran actor also talked about his approach to the role of Hwang Deuk Goo, explaining, “I thought that I’d be able to create a new kind of character by adding my own unique color to the character of Hwang Deuk Goo.”

“In my opinion, Hwang Deuk Goo has a distinctive sharpness about him,” he commented. “Just being in the same room as him makes people uncomfortable, and I’m trying to express that sharpness through my bodily movements, actions, and gaze. I’ve also been exercising consistently for [the drama’s] action scenes.”

Rts4PKw.jpg

Spoiler

p4QytSO.jpg

7owT1J6.jpg

7tnRO9j.jpg

xtpJspE.jpg

“Rugal” will premiere on March 16 at 10:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1384022wpp/park-sung-woong-is-the-ultimate-villain-in-upcoming-sci-fi-drama-with-choi-jin-hyuk

g5JmcqE.gif

cr to DC

“Rugal” Introduces Rebel Jung Hye In and Villain Heiress Han Ji Wan

Mar 3, 2020
by K. Z
dbf3b889517e4b2b8f996d8941e6f26a.jpeg?s=

OCN’s new weekend thriller “Rugal” is amping up anticipation (and our girl-crush game) with stills of Jung Hye In and Han Ji Wan!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” centers around Kang Ki Bum (Choi Jin Hyuk), an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. He ends up framed for murder as well as losing his family and both of his eyes. After joining the organization Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons,” Kang Ki Bum sets out on a quest to get revenge against Argos.

jung-hye-in-1.jpeg

Jung Hye In plays the role of Song Mi Na, a biologically augmented agent of Rugal. Of her character, Jung Hye In said, “I’ve never had the opportunity to play a character like this, in a drama like this. It’s a challenge I’ve been facing from the audition to filming. Because I play such a special character in a fresh kind of drama, I’m of the mind that I want to make it a different kind of performance.”

She also stated that she is performing all of her own stunts. “I wanted to directly challenge myself with all of the action that Mi Na is capable of. From the acrobatics to the combat, I’m working hard so that I can portray the completeness of the action.”

Han Ji Wan plays Choi Ye Won, the heiress who stands to inheret the leadership postion of the terror organization Argos. She said, “I haven’t seen a drama like ‘Rugal’ in Korea before, one that, despite being quite a heavy and scary type of genre, still has a variety of interesting aspects to it.” On the topic of her character, Han Ji Wan said, “Choi Ye Won is much more three-dimensional than her character in the original webtoon. She’s someone who appears weak and vulnerable but has an insatiable ambition. From the next issue, I think you’ll see that she’s a character who, though she has strength, will struggle desperately to survive. I’m going to do my best to show those lonely and cool sides of her.”

han-ji-wan-1.jpeg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1386187wpp/rugal-introduces-rebel-jung-hye-in-and-villain-heiress-han-ji-wan

Kim Jae-joong, 'Rugal' Choi Jin-hyuk cheering .. "A wonderful friend, a great actor"

Kim Jae-joong  send a coffee truck to actor Choi Jin-hyuk and the drama' Rugal ', actors take a warm coffee and shoot hard! I'm cheering for awesome friend, awesome actor Choi Jin-hyuk. '

http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020030418425508994

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Vows To Avenge His Wife’s Murder In Action-Packed Teaser For “Rugal”

Mar 5, 2020
by E. Cha
2e50d2276006448da3f7177ee295c9fa.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming drama “Rugal” has released an exciting new teaser!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, OCN’s “Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide terrorist organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder. After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

The newly released teaser begins with the tragedy that puts Kang Ki Bum on the path to joining Rugal. As the bloodied detective lies helplessly on the ground, staring at what appears to be his wife, a voice-over declares, “Revenge is merely for those who’ve been defeated.”

The clip then introduces the drama’s main villain, Hwang Deuk Goo (played by Park Sung Woong)—the evil leader of Argos who becomes Rugal’s primary target. Intercut with flashes of the process through which Kang Ki Bum receives his new eyes is the dramatic caption: “The moment he took everything from me… I was reborn.”

Kang Ki Bum asks in voice-over, “What is it he wants? What is that he’s doing all this for?” Hwang Deuk Goo chillingly responds, “Once I started murdering… should I describe it a pleasure that you can never undo?”

As the members of Rugal prepare for action, someone says in voice-over, “We have to make him pay for all the suffering he’s caused,” and Kang Ki Bum ends the preview by declaring, “From now on, I’m going to catch him in my own way.”

“Rugal” will premiere on March 28 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1386575wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-vows-to-avenge-his-wifes-murder-in-action-packed-teaser-for-rugal

@booha

The teaser on OCN IG account looks so bada$$. I like the tone & feel of it. The visual effects looks interesting. Differently unique take. I like the setup already, especially the whole gadget get up for the team. I'm so excited for the action. I know that everyone's been training enthusiatically since last fall. Jung Hye In going to kill it as Mina, I love that she takes the role seriously & wants to give a good performance. Im so excited to see Mina teach Kang. Aesthetically, I like what I'm seeing, from the surgical scene, Argos hall building, the gadgets, & outfits. I hope the show goes all out on the action & hits hard. It already looks promising. The webtoon is still ongoing so I'm not sure how it'll end but hopefully it's open ended in the drama.

Also will this be aired on Netflix? I'm not sure who's the US distributor for this show.

Archived