[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

Oh no is Sigma

Spoiler

Kim Byung Chul

This is going to be awesome. He is the most love hated villain roles player!

------------

Wow my boy Sun came to help SeoHae at the last minute like a ray of sunshine!:approves:

But has he also experienced time dilation and while everything was going south for Seohae and TaeSul he got rich within a span of time winning the lottery. But keeping the money to grow, is also important. Also how did he know SeoHae was in trouble?

-----------------

But did Taesul live all those lives multiple times already. Everybody asking him for the key and everyone shooting him and SeoJin giving him medicine for a heart attack!

Hope he has figured out how to end this endless loop and make the Sigma loose his cool and come looking for him!

But why is Sigma playing cat and mouse game with TaeSul? Why is he using TaeSun as bait? Sigma already has the power to fast forward or rewind events. Maybe he is looking for a way to unlive a painful past. Okay I better stop looking for a reason for the villain to exist as he is now.

But maybe the key will unlock time itself! Maybe Sigma is looking for Omega! :w00t:

or maybe the lowercase Sigma σ (maybe that is "The Key" they are all looking for)

Can't wait for episode 7 next week.

So  Σ is Sigma symbol which is also related to probability in mathematics among many other things. Also I have no idea what this has got to do with the show!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay I've watched it twice now ...

Who is the time traveler that appears on the subway track? The profile looks like Han Tae-Sul - a future version coming back? :unsure:

First thing I thought too.

But now, I'm not sure, because he have a suitcase.

I have to rewatch the episode a check the date when this happens.

I think also it could be Sigma leader (guy we hear at the end of the episode 6).

Maybe, Eddie Kim from the future ?

Let's resume : someone come from the future. Next, his accomplice are So Jin and her father.

They plotting and have a company called sigma, with parts into Tae Eul company.

Thanks to this they try to take control of Tae Eul time machine.

Or something like that. I need to rewatch now. ;-)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

I don’t think TSul made it to the future post Holocaust.  Because SH’s mission is to save him.  If she saves him, she saves the world (which means no Holocaust).  The fact that the Holocaust occurs just means that she failed in all her previous attempts to come back to save him.  TSul dies so he never gets to loop back from the future.  I think the guy TSan finds on the train tracks is the first person who makes that trip back.  Maybe a young Sigma?

This is my recap of Ep6 - with commentary (it’s meant to be facetious so don’t take it the wrong way.  I am enjoying this drama so far in spite of all the logic flaws).

Spoiler

Ep6

Night. A Field. Lights from a distant house/shed.  Ominous background music...crop circle...I kid...19 years ago. 6Aug 2001.  Camera moves inside the shed...papers...tools...flashing gizmo with wires...usual (gross generalization) mess from male habitation...sleeping figure on the couch...buzzing from phone...TSul stirs.  He picks up.  It’s TSan (at a train station doing maintenance?).  It’s nearly 10pm.  TSul berates TSan for not waking him earlier.  He had to prepare notes for investors tomorrow.  TSan says he will be back by midnight.  TSul heads to the computer and taps away.  He wants his experiment to work.  Taps a button and causes a citywide blackout from his failed experiment.   The lights go out at the train station too (I guess they don’t have back up generators).  A man is discovered on the train tracks at the station (first person from the future?).  TSan heads down to the tracks with his flashlight to check on him. The man is holding a photo...it’s of him and TSul standing outside the shed. :o. Scribbled on the back are dates/entries of the times TSul was attacked (need a screenshot of this for future reference.  I wish the person had better handwriting.  The numbers are hard to make out.  And Netflix only subbed 2 of them :o)

15June 2020 Plane crash (eh??)

15Aug 2020 Conference shooting

19Aug 2020 

27Aug 2020

15Sep 2020

30Sep 2020

4Oct 2020(?) or is it 2021?

2020 year.

The man wakes up suddenly. TSan falls backwards in shock.  There’s a glitch and the man is suddenly walking away with his suitcase further down the tracks.  He yells to the man, “who are you?”.  And is about to chase him down but sees the headlights of an oncoming train and decides against it.

Back at TSul’s apartment. For some reason the CB men guarding the property leave? Huh? TSul and SH leave the apartment donning requisite caps to hide their identity.   Someone is watching them.

Scene change. Park at his HQ. He looks wistful and deep in thought.  Heaves a sigh and then heads to a bank to transfer 3million won to “Kim Jin Hui”, rather reluctantly(?).  He sifts through multiple ID cards (of himself) and decides to use “Park JaeUk”.  He starts as ditzy girl (from AsiaMart who manned the controls to find downloaders from the future) surprises him.  She tells him it’s payday.  She tries to find out why and who he’s been regularly sending 3million won to and whines that they only get 1.8million each.  He tells her to get lost and focus on finding TSul.

Scene change. SH is decked out in a classy maroon number with sparkly heels.  They arrive at the venue in a taxi.  SH tells TSul to stop staring at her. :wub:.  He assures her she looks fine...no...better than fine...pretty.  Smooth.   She pulls out her gun and asks where she should hide it. TSul rolls his eyes.  Yeah I agree, it’s not a matching accessory.  The pink isn’t quite bling enough.  But she stashes it into her handbag anyway.  He tells her he can’t waltz into the party because everyone would recognize him.  He hands her the invitation.  She’s Sarah Connor. No wait. Wrong movie.  Grace Park.  He emphasises how she needs to pronounce it properly...not PaHHk...PaRRk...she’s a foreign investment firm employee.  She needs to pretend she can’t speak Korean.  SH points out she can’t speak English either. TSul tells her not to worry, the way she’s dressed would be enough to convince them otherwise.  He spells out the plan again.  He will sneak in the back and check out the back and second floor and she’s to check out the first floor, hall and entrance (what?? Did he already forget what Future Jung told them?) :rolleyes:. He tells her again that this is just a surveillance mission (to find TSan), so nothing that should draw attention to them...no violent altercations...she’s not dressed for it.  :lol:. Famous last words.  He takes something out of a box, moves closer to her...the sexual tension is building... and we get...

KDrama Trope

Sweeping the hair to the side of the face around the ear (tick)... and he attaches an earpiece for communication to her ear.  :lol:.  Their eyes meet and they share a moment. :heart:

He hands her an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) device.  Press the red button and it will black out the whole building which also means it will halt comms between them.  One final fist bump and they part. 

CB arrive at the party.  CB Chief gives them the shoot to kill (the woman) order and to take their various positions.  

Jazz music at the party.  Grace Park arrives and she tells TSul everyone is staring at her.  He berates her and says she’s supposed to blend in, not call attention to herself.  But TSul, if you wanted her to blend in, you shouldn’t have dressed her up in that slinky number which would attract the eye of every hot blooded male and jealous female in the room?  :blink: Next time, bland no nonsense business black and whites?  But whatever.  As they converse we find out that TSul owns 5% of the company shares.  The rest of the 95% are there celebrating his demise.  The old man (Chairman of the Board?) makes the announcement that Eddy Kim is the new CEO of QnT.  Eddy makes his first speech at the podium (with Chairman and SJ by his side) while TSul watches from the second storey window...how Eddy doesn’t spot him is beyond me (the lights are on in the second storey and TSul is clearly visible but whatever).  TSul spots SH and promises to take her to the amusement park after this was all over.  He says he would wait in line with her...so she needs to be careful (code for NOT die).  She tells him to be careful too.

CB team jams comms.  Eddy Kim makes his way to SH...with classic come on line, “you look familiar? Have we met before?”  :crazy: Hands her a glass of champagne.  Sleaze overload.  “Did we meet at a conference? Atlanta? Sydney?  There’s no way I can forget a beautiful woman like you.” :crazy:. Punch him SH...he’ll definitely remember then.  She replies no they’ve never met.  Then he plays the pity card.  “Everyone here has congratulated me but I don’t trust any of them, they’ll just discard me after they use me, just like my good friend HTSul. :crazy:.  You know him right?”  Yeah, definitely just punch him SH.  He raises his glass to clink with hers.  A toast to TSul, the jerk.  She tries to ward off his advances and tells him she’s here with a friend.  (Take a walk Eddie, the girl ain’t interested).  And just as he asks her who, she spies TSan walking past, excuses herself and tries to tell TSul that she’s just spotted TSan.   He can’t hear her amid the static (from comms jam by CB).  He hides in the study (:crazy:) as CB man scouts the second storey.  On the study table he finds a photo of him and SH taken outside the venue (only moments ago).  And he finds a signed document about technology transfer of Quantum teleportation (sharing it with Sigma).  Old man walks in and TSul confronts him. 

Downstairs, SH is chasing down TSan with Eddy the Sleaze in pursuit.  TSan pulls her away into a dark corridor.  Eddy loses sight of her and demands that she be found.  Nobody seems to pay him any attention?  TSan whispers to SH, “I know who you are.  Stay away from TSul.”

Chairman informs TSul that Sigma is one of their investors and that he told TSul. Chairman receives a text from CB that operations will begin in a minute.  Chairman seems to imply that Sigma is a man.  So not a corporation?  Chairman knows about the time machine and people from the future.  Someone injects a sedative into TSul’s neck...and it’s his ex! :o.  I guess that’s what you get for cleaning out her bank account and giving all that money to your new squeeze.  SJ tells CB (over the phone), “I have HTSul. Start ops on the girl.”  Ehh?  Why didn’t she call CB when she discovered them in her office that night?   She even tried to call to cops?  Or is this the Future SJ?  

Back in the dim corridor. TSan issues a command, “Kang SeoHae, daughter of Lieutenant Kang DongGi.  You’re putting HTSul in danger.  This is my last warning. If I see you with TSul again.  I will kill you.” :o. He walks back out to the main party room and disappears. SH is stopped by MIB as she tries to chase TSan. Picks up a fork and takes out CB waiters in her heels and formal attire.  That slit in the dress came in handy.   She runs outside.  In her heels... floodlights. What did Jung say about going outside? :blink:.  She stands rooted...why?  Just keep running?  It’s harder to shoot a moving target?  See TSul I told you, you should’ve dressed her in black, no skin reveal.  O wait. Maybe TSul thought a sniper would mistake that flash of skin for her head?  Good thinking because it worked.  She gets shot on the leg. Agent Jung lines up for a second shot as SH yells at TSul, “where are you, idiot?!!”  SH recalls the EMP device, pulls it out and presses the red button.  Just as Agent Jung is about to squeeze the trigger growling, “goodbye”, lights out.  Jung drops his sniper rifle, picks up his handgun and walks out towards a limping SH in the dark.  The lights suddenly come back on.  CB Chief and his men capture SH.  Jung walks up to SH. Cocks his gun.  SH gets a flashback of Future Jung’s warning. :expressionless:.  Headlights. Expensive sports car pulls up the driveway and door opens...to reveal...it’s Sun!  With dark hair.  And cashed up from a Lotto win.  Somehow SH manages to get in the car.  CB Chief yells out the most logical course of action, “drop your guns. Check the licence plate.” Huh?  What happened to “shoot to kill”?  CB men watch helplessly as the car speeds away.  No shots are fired.  Probably because it’s such an expensive ride and you know guys and their cars.  Check it out. So cool.  No scratches allowed on such magnificence, that would be anathema.  Instead, they try to run after it like fan boys.  SH passes out in the car - probably blood loss.  But not before she urges Sun to turn the car around because she needs to get TSul.   Screen blacks out with SH.

Musical interlude.  Flashbacks of tender OTP moments...okay.  We so needed that to gather our thoughts. 

Beeping of hospital equipment. TSul wakes up.  Eddy Kim and SJ rush to his side. They ask him how much he remembers.  They tell him he was shot at the conference. Eh?  They try to convince him that he was in a coma.  TSul shakes off SJ’s attempts to check on him.  He asks them what they are trying to pull and where SH is.  He rambles on like a crazy man about events he remembers.  Then SJ says, “today is 19Aug”. :o TSul grabs Eddy’s phone and sure enough, the date is 19Aug 9:09am.  He gets out of bed and turns the TV on...and the date is 19Aug.  TSul continues his rambling amid Eddy/SJ’s concerned looks.   He breaks out into a run to try to get away but succumbs when SJ hits him with sedative.  He receives more tests and SJ tries to convince him he’s having delusions.  Eddy takes him home and makes him a banana smoothie and hands him tranquilizer pills.  TSul tells a sympathetic Eddy about the future.  SJ has sent Eddy to monitor TSul and to disconnect his internet (cut him off from the outside world?).  Eddy leaves but not before telling TSul, “you’ll get headaches from those pills”.  Yeah Eddy, he’s not the only one (with headaches).  TSul starts to see visions of his brother again.  And flashbacks(flash forwards?) of times with SH.  He gets a nosebleed (?).

SJ is the Chairman’s daughter.  She tells her mom not to get sick.  They are in kahoots about keeping TSul drugged up and in the dark.  SJ visits and tries to convince him it’s all in his head.  That none of it really happened.  Then she drops the bomb...where is the key? :o.  TSul realizes that she’s poisoning him?  Making him worse?  SJ and Chairman discuss putting TSul into an asylum.  Eddy to them is just a pawn because he’s happy to get managerial rights to QnT.   Someone wants the key. Sigma?  Without the key to hand over, they won’t have the medicine required to keep SJ’s mother alive.  Flashback to actual sequence of events that transpired after SJ sedated TSul at the party.  When he wakes up, it’s actually 29Aug 2020.  They have tricked him into believing that it’s 19Aug.   TSul passes out on the floor of his apartment.  We see TSul having visions/dreams that coalesce the past, present and future.  And we empathize completely. :lol:.   Use your brain, SJ mocks.  You’re so going to regret saying that SJ.  Because he does.  The space bit of the much touted Space Time Continuum makes a cameo. As the backdrop to SH who with Yoda like aplomb points TSul in the right direction to reorient his time.  The wax/wane cycles of the moon. Of course. Elementary.  Who needs a watch or calendar when you have the moon?  After some quick calculations care of squiggly mathematical theorems which materialize like Star Wars opening credits, TSul works out it’s now 15Sept 2020. ((GASP))  And wakes up just as a mug (?) smashes on the floor.  He walks over and picks up a shard, it’s not something that belongs to him?  I spy a certain EMP device on the floor next to the shards with the wedding pic attached to it. SJ seems so obsessed with the whereabouts of the key that it never occurs to her that it’s weird that a mug would just smash on the floor and TSul is holding a photo and a device in his hand. TSul flips to the back of the photo and SH has written, “I don’t want to get married either”.  TSul laughs.  SJ realizes something’s off and calls security.  Red button is pressed. Black out. Cool.  And just like that, TSul makes his escape.

SJ heads downstairs and meets up with Ninjas who nod at her command to search for HTSul.  Eddie pulls up and asks where TSul is.  Ninja warriors don’t faze him at all.  He tries to dial the Police and SJ stops him.  She tells him she’s got it under control.  A worried Eddie asks, “why are you doing this?”  She warns, “just do as you’re told.”  And spineless Eddie backs down.

Back at CB HQ, Jung is watching video footage of sexy SH at the party taking down waiters. He’s frustrated she got away. CB Chief assures him, “the operation was going to fail anyway.” Huh?  He shows Jung a report stamped, “operation expected to fail”. Jung is confused (and so are we).  “Why ask me to do it then?”  CB Chief gives him an explanation that’s clear as mud. “Would you have done it if I told you?” Jung says yes. Chief replies sagely, “Don’t try too hard. Just do your best.” No Chief you got it wrong.  It’s “Do...or do not..there is no try.”  Jung is frustrated. Chief leaves with parting words, “just trust me. You’ll catch her. Just wait.”  Like hell he is (going to wait).

TSul is on the run and they are hunting him.  Cue MacGyver music. He uses an analog phone and hooks it up and makes a phone call to SH who picks up?  She sounds preoccupied, distant.  This is NOT the SH we know.  She doesn’t seem to care about TSul at all?  He tells her where he is right now as Ninja1 flips out his baton and approaches stealthily (not).  She says she’s busy right now then orders him to get down.  He does and bam...Ninja1 is downed by a sniper (?) bullet.  As TSul walks out he notices that there’s a trail of bodies of Ninjas and MIB from Team SJ.  He walks up to a high point (a bridge of sorts) to calm himself only to see SH saunter up, sniper rifle in hand.  He smiles goofily at her.  And smoke billows up (for effect you know).

Scene changes to monitor screens with the exact scene above. Someone is watching them.  Hello Truman show.  Someone who is drawing a dog (?) on a notepad.  Okay. I guess TSul did look like Goofy.  He lets out a sigh and comments, “this is my favorite part. So romantic. Don’t you agree Mr Han TSan?” Camera pans to a chair next to him where TSan is bound and gagged.   

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

Imagen

Hello, Philippines! 

Greetings from the cast of Sisyphus: The Myth,  Cho Seung Woo and Park Shin Hye

New episodes every Wednesday and Thursday available an hour and thirty minutes after the Korean broadcast, only on Netflix.

Sisyphus' Park Shin Hye and Choi Seung Woo Has a Special Message for Filipino Fans | ClickTheCity

cr. youtu.be/lFctbPdoWa4

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

The badass, Kang Seo-Hae

I like this part the best. The West Sea wins. It's just cool.

Imagen

TOP 10 TV SHOWS IN Philippines

#1 in TVShows

#2 Overall

Spoiler

Imagen

Imagen

• Love 4
  • Blob 1

Hey there Chingus, as the episodes pass we get new info and at the same time the mystery seems to grow too. There is a lot happening in this drama, we got introduced to the new dude called Sigma, which at least I though would be a group, but it is interesting that he is a guy. 

For me although the plot seems to be interesting, it still lacks in the execution and the basics in my personal opinion. So I don't really feel as good about it as I thought I would feel. Still hoping things to get better in the coming episodes. 

If you have poll suggestions please don't hesitate to reach out to me, you can either DM me. Looking forward to you suggestions :approves:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

I summarize the list of organizations that stick to Tae Sul and Seo Hae's RickRoll'D.

- Control Bureau :

Sometimes they want them alive, sometimes they want to kill Seo Hae, sometimes they want them alive but still shoot them, and sometimes they shoot but miss because of a possible timeshifting phenomenon from Seo Hae.
What the hell do they really want?!

Additional info : Official government organization since 2002, special branch of NIS (Korea secret service). Goal is to regulate illegal immigration from time travel. Much of the funding comes from the seizure of money earned by time travelers playing the lottery when they are arrested. Estimated number of illegals killed or imprisoned: 10,000 to 12,000. It seems that the organization prefers to recruit top models rather than competent soldiers. :)

- Broker Park :
He wants the key, so he wants Tae Sul! He sends money to someone mysterious for some unknown reason. We don't know how he got all his equipment to catch people from the future.

Additional info : Helps time travelers to immigrate illegally, and in return takes valuables out of their suitcases. His assistants (and maybe himself) come from the future, coming early. Sequential download number 10000, out of 250000.

- Sigma :
My concept of Sigma as a Concept is falling apart. But not definitively, because Sigma seems very informed about the time loop and the future attacks on Seo Hae and Tae Sul.
Sigma is a company, supposedly run by the guy sitting in an armchair in front of screens. He doesn't have a white cat on his knees, but on the other hand, he draws one. The cat he draws is the one on Seo Hae's pink sweat shirt.

What Sigma really want ? Serve causality, keep the loop, as guardian of Sisyphus Myth ?

Additional info : Sigma is perhaps the very first time traveler in history, arriving on 06/08/2001 10pm in the Seoul subway. He has been an investor in the company Quantum & Time since its creation, and got a technology transfer contract, targeting time machine tech.

- So Jin the psycho and her father :

They know the truth about time travels, and the importance of Tae Sul.

They seem to fear Sigma, while dealing with him (The key traded with the mother's survival).
The father also dealt with the Control Bureau.
They have bad henchmen with scars. Maybe downloaded agents.

Additional info : So-Jin is the ex-girlfriend of Tae Sul and his psychiatrist (not professional, but it's a good way to spying him, and him to get pills, also she probably still have a crush on him) . So-Jin manipulates spineless Eddy. She had sex with him, but today, she orders him harshly to be the CEO of Quantum & Time, in order to control the company founded by Tae Sul. Her father Kim Han Yong is vice president of Quantum & Time.

It's impossible for the drama to run out of action scenes with so many enemies!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

RoYangi at BoD kindly translated the rest of the date/events for us (written at the back of the photo from first downloader from future) 

July 15th Plane accident
August 15th Conference sniper
August 19th World Cup Bridge chase
August 27th Banquet hall at Kim Hanyong’s residence
September 15th Sniper at Tool Shopping Center (Hannam-dong, ending episode 6)
September 30th Amusement Park (Seohae’s birthday)
October 4 Ja-ae Hospital
Hope Nursery School in 2020

(Cr http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/03/02/sisyphus-eps-5-6-open-thread-2/)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

@wenchanteur Thanks for summarizing the list of enemies! It helps a lot. :thumbsup:

While Pres. Park has his own personal/business motives, I hope he'll be amused by Seo Hae's determination to change the future and becomes an ally. One less enemy may help make the uphill battle be more possible. It will take more than Tae Sul and Seo Hae to push for change.

About Tae San, does anyone think that we may have seen two of him in episode 6? I feel that the Tae San at the party is the present Tae San (possibly controlled by the CB) while the hostage held by Sigma is the future Tae San. Maybe I'm overthinking it though.

Btw, I have to say that PSH looked gorgeous in the purple dress!

@nrllee So, it looks like Seo Hae's birthday is September 30th which corresponds to the password combination to her suitcase of 120930.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

So assuming those dates are record of attacks on TSul, how was the plane incident where he saved himself.  But how was the plane incident and attack on TSul?  They sent TSan crashing into the plane?  Is that how?

July 15th Plane accident
August 15th Conference sniper
August 19th World Cup Bridge chase
August 27th Banquet hall at Kim Hanyong’s residence
September 15th Sniper at Tool Shopping Center (Hannam-dong, ending episode 6)

September 30th Amusement Park (Seohae’s birthday)
October 4 Ja-ae Hospital
Hope Nursery School in 2020

Dates in bold have already “occurred” in the drama.  Next up would be an attack at the amusement park.  Ja-ae Hospital is the one SJ owns?  I saw the sign when TSul was trying to make his escape.  The one they took TSul to in Ep6 and pretended it was 19Aug.  

@WEnchanteur first downloader arrived 6Aug 2001.  

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

Most powerful female warrior !!

Both Park Shin-hye and Kim Jong tae attended gun training before coming into the set.

Photo cr: stolethestillphotography

Seohae️ motivation EP.05 

Imagen

Imagen

• Like 4

7 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

@wenchanteur Thanks for summarizing the list of enemies! It helps a lot. :thumbsup:

I wasnt aware it could be helpfull, because I know too much the drama. So, as it could help more watchers, I made change and completed with some additionnal informations people sometimes ask for.

6 hours ago, nrllee said:

@WEnchanteur first downloader arrived 6Aug 2001.  

Damn-it, I made a stupid dislexia inversion. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

06.02.2021 Shin Hye IG update❤

Banana Seo Hae and Tae Sul :D SO CUTE BANANAS

CAPTION

바나나나나나나 바나나나나나나~~~~
오빠에게 허락 받고 올리는 바나나 태술서해

Trans :

“Banananananana banananananana~~~~
I’m posting this after receiving permission from Oppa,

banana Tae sul and Seo hae

trans by yysy_