[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

Sisyphus ended last week so I checked some regular kdrama review sites on what they feel about the ending.

SPOILERS AHEAD!! 

Indoor Enthusiasts of Kdramapal summarized the series the newest time-travel kdrama that fails spectacularly such as

Spoiler

"it fell into the exact same pitfalls—overexplaining and then underexplaining the time travel mechanics, excessive focus on the romance arc, lack of genuine backstory and chemistry between the leads, and a thoroughly ridiculous and rushed ending that explained nothing" 

While, Lovepark from the dramabeans

Spoiler

"wished the show did differently since it feels like the creators wasted a lot of potentials, but at the very least, and hope the remaining fans enjoyed the ending. As for the rest of us, at least it’s over."

I agree with both of them then I saw the review of Von (HanaDulSes) that for him

Spoiler

this is one of the best Korean dramas he had seen so far.

Quite interesting. Going against the normal flow :) And lastly, a Filipino blogger, Gia,

Spoiler

felt that Tae Sul's dream in the plane wasn’t a dream.

Out of curiosity, I researched The Myth of Sisyphus by SparkNotes. It says that Sisyphus is probably more famous for his punishment in the underworld than for what he did in his life. According to the Greek mythSisyphus is condemned to roll a rock up to the top of a mountain, only to have the rock roll back down to the bottom every time he reaches the top. - OKAY, THIS IS, I GUESS THE CREATORS BASED THE PHYSICAL ASPECT OF THE STORY AND BY USING TIME TRAVEL AS A DEVICE TO EXPLAIN.

Then I stumbled Albert Camus's philosophical essay The Myth of Sisyphus.  This is his chief work on the subject of Absurdism "In it, he considers absurdity as a confrontation, an opposition, a conflict or a "divorce" between two ideals. Specifically, he defines the human condition as absurd, as the confrontation between man's desire for significance, meaning and clarity on the one hand – and the silent, cold universe on the other. He continues that there are specific human experiences evoking notions of absurdity. Such a realization or encounter with the absurd leaves the individual with a choice: suicide, a leap of faith, or recognition. He concludes that recognition is the only defensible option."

With this, I have a feeling that the writers wanted us to understand the other context of Sisyphus: The Myth. This is more of the human relationships that we have ~ experiencing and going through battles everyday.

Spoiler

For me, this is the story of Sigma as Sisyphus. The confrontation in his desire for significance, meaning, and clarity in his left hand & silent, cold society/universe in his right (as shown In his backstory). AND that explains why in the last scene, Sigma's memories even his paintings are intact meaning it's his and our reality :)

If they've only explored and dig more on the other context with heavy emotional devices, this series might be one of the nominees in the coming Baeksang Awards. UNFORTUNATELY, THEY DIDN'T :( 

Spoiler

LASTLY, SUICIDE IS NOT AN HEROIC ACT. IT'S A MORTAL SIN. :tired: 

You may check their complete reviews on the links below :) Enjoy reading and just give me a reply if you still want to discuss this!

Source:

Sisyphus The Myth Review: Newest Time-Travel K-drama that Fails Spectacularly

Sisyphus: Episode 16 (Final) » Dramabeans

K-drama Review: Sisyphus: The Myth - HanaDulSes

“Sisyphus: The Myth,” Another Ending Theory – Gia Allana

Go Yoon (jung Hyun Gi) talked about Park Shin Hye in his Sisypus ending interview 
News

Goyun “Bulk-up for 'Sisyphus', Seung-Woo Cho directly removes glass fragments from the barefoot scene.” [EN: Interview①]

Actor Goyun said in an interview with NewsN on April 15 at the end of the JTBC drama 'Sisyphus: the myth' (hereinafter referred to as Siegypse), "It was an honor to be able to participate in the big work".

Goyun played the role of Jung Hyeon-ki, a new crackdown agency agent in 'Sisyphus'. Jeong Hyeon-ki is a filial son who boils ramen to his mother, who is about to die, but he is a person who is seriously chasing Kang Seo-hae (played by Park Shin-hye) and Han Tae-sul (played by Cho Seung-woo), who are accused of murdering their mother.

In particular, Jeong Hyeon-ki, played by Goyun, is a three-dimensional character who blackens with revenge for his mother's death, even though he is good. Goyun said, "After reading the script before the audition, I made a visual that suits'Jung Hyeon-ki.' It was difficult to express because it had an ambiguous three-dimensional part to say that he was a wicked person.

img.gif

bit.ly/329zxXg@bbeumshinhye

In particular, Goyoon's main action opponent was Park Shin-hye. The 187cm sturdy physique of Goyoon and 168cm Park Shin-hye and his action-breathing action also required a lot of consideration. Goyun said, "Park Shin-hye uses her body really well. I wasn't awkward to match the action sum live on the spot. I have good quickness and flexibility," he said. "At that time, I was bigger than I am now, but I handled me softly with a small body. I gave it to you. I don't think I'm hurt either."

In addition to Park Shin-hye and Jo Seung-woo, the support of senior actor Seong Dong-il was a great help to Ko Yoon. Goyun said, "Senior Sung Dong-il came to the place where I was filming after the shooting scene was over and watched me," and said, "There was a scene where I was hit by an electric shocker, and he praised me, saying,'You did a really good job.' You also have a very good memory," he said.

However, regret remains in any work. Goyun said, "If I had acted a little more comfortably, it would have been painted luxuriously. When the character Jung Hyun-ki ran only thinking of'Mom's revenge', her facial expressions were similar. All kinds of anger have different textures. But when I acted, I tried to act too much. There is a regret that it was not consistent with the same expression," he said. "If I go back to the uploader (the time machine in'Cyprus') once more, I will try to use various expression methods more comfortably." (Photo = Early Bird Entertainment, Drama House Studio,

copyrightⓒ News.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000428886

CAPTION

#시지프스 오늘 밤 9시 최종회 본방사수!

하나의 세계, 두 개의 미래 <시지프스: the myth>

[TRANS]

#SISYPHUS Tonight at 9 o'clock in the final episode, the final shooter!

One world, two futures <Syprus: the myth>

cr: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNZmaXrAKdP/

NOTE: 'Sisyphus: the myth' is now available on netflix in Spain and Europe

[Naver] TV Entertainment Ranking News No.15

Herald POP

Park Shin-hye, you're attracting attention with your charming figure...My heart is racing at the beautiful picture.

Imagen

pic cr: @StarAngel__

[bnt pictorial] Siwoo Lee “Role model? Park Shin-hye transforms her acting image and fully digests the action scene”

Imagen

[Reporter Jinju Lee]

Siwoo Lee is a rookie who has just made her face known as the whirling role of JTBC's'Cyprus: the myth'. In addition, she was selected as the lead role in the web drama'Contracted Love From Today' scheduled to air on February 25th, and at the same time as his debut, he stood tall as a prospect of the year.

He showed amazing power in a photo shoot so that the word that he was the first time could not be said. It caught the eye with a clear feature and a pure atmosphere, and poured out a pleasant charm with a humorous expression and innocent attitude. Following that, she tried to make infinite transformation for each concept by showing off her calm feminine beauty.

He first made announcing his face through the music video of B2B Forum, “I participated in the active recommendation of my younger brother, a fan of B2B. It was frozen a lot at the beginning, but B2B Minhyuk came to me friendly and I was able to immerse in it comfortably.”

She will appear as an Asian Mart employee Bingbing in the first half-anticipated work JTBC'SiJips: the myth'. In the encounter with the grand seniors, “The first filming was a place where all the seniors gathered, so I was very nervous, but everyone was greeted brightly and took good care of them, so I relieved my tension. Senior Park Shin-hye greeted me with a bright smile, so I laughed without knowing.”

Regarding the breathing with the employees of Asia Mart, “Especially, Sung Dong-il was the prettiest and led me well. In addition to acting advice, he made the atmosphere of the scene pleasant with witty reactions. In addition, Myeongro and Hajun, who appear as brothers in the story, were of the same age, so they relied more on it.”

When asked about a memorable episode while filming, “If I filmed it for a long time, the sugar fell, but Park Shin-hye took the rice cake and ate it deliciously. Also, when acting was difficult and embarrassing, I was grateful that the director and the production team read and encouraged me a lot.”

With his debut, he held his first lead role through the web drama'Contract Love From Today'. Regarding the work and role introduction, he explained that it is an episode that occurs when he has a contract relationship with a friend who has no presence in order to break up with his current boyfriend while playing the role of a famous idol trainee Oji-na.

Also, when asked what kind of effort was made to set the role, “I refer to the work that has a similar role because it is a hairy and confident character, and I practiced speaking out a lot. Also, because I was an idol, I went to academy and took vocal and dance lessons, but my skills have improved enough to make the difference between the first and last dance scenes.”

When asked about the chemistry with the other actor Shin Hyun-seung, “Hyun-seung is younger in the play, but he was actually one year younger, so he was more comfortable. Before filming, the director made a lot of places where we could get close to each other, but now we have met Ha and played a joke and got close to each other.”

When I asked him how he became an actor with his specialty in Sculpture, he said, “I wanted to act since I was a child, but I majored in art in high school and college. At that time, the younger brother first told his parents that he would like to become an actor, and both daughters opposed acting. However, when I heard my younger brother telling me that my stress was relieved while acting, my thirst grew as I had several related experiences, so I recklessly found an acting academy.”

He said he wandered a lot in the beginning as he had no knowledge of acting. “It was difficult to stand in front of people alone, and the eyes of others were burdensome, so my face was blushing. Still, as I continued, I got used to it and got much better. I also practiced standing in front of the camera while working as a hair model because I had a lot of hair,” he said. “I am still ashamed of monitoring myself, but I am working hard to improve by practicing scripts or learning basic skills from a professional teacher.”

Next, regarding the genre or role you want to try, “I want to challenge the bold action, and I am greedy for occult characters such as the human zombie of'Sweet Home'. In addition, I want to try a job group that I haven't actually done, such as a doctor or a teacher.”

Then, when asked about the role model she admired, "I thought I wanted to become such a great actor when I saw Park Shin-hye, who digests all the radical action scenes as well as her acting image transformation."

When I asked what kind of school he had spent with him, who boasted an outstanding beauty enough to bring admiration for his first meeting, he said, “Because it was an arts and sports high school with only five boys in the class, it was not very popular. I always wore a comfortable gym uniform.”

Then, when asked what would happen to her ideal type, she said, “I want to meet people I like rather than people who like me. There seems to be something that can't be explained rather than a specific look.”

As a new year's small star, he expressed his strong ambition, saying, "I hope that I can inform myself more this year, and I plan to go to audition hard to gain experience in the work."

Editor: Jinjoo Lee
Photographer: Seol Eun-joo
One Piece: Salon de Seoul
Earrings: Label Epoque
Stylist: Jang Bitna
Hair: Cloudy Taejin Vice President
Makeup: Clouty Eulyi

bntnews article report fashion@bntnews.co.kr

Support Fundraising Event
To those who raise support
We will send a wedding invitation (postcard) for Taesul & Seohae

For more information, please refer to the announcement.

♥︎ https://m.cafe.daum.net/sisyphus-the-myth/CydA/3?svc=cafeapp

After capturing the depositor's name in view, post it on the support certification board after setting a secret message along with the address you want to receive.

Imagen

[Behind the scenes] "Greeting seaweed ♥︎ " Greetings when the time comes, goodbye of the fairies Collection | Sisyphus: the myth | JTBC 210304 broadcast, etc.

Imagen

You're 82 years old..?
#Cho Seung-woo's first speech that goes against the time

【JTBC Drama Watch】

Subscribe  asq.kr/Hd3sRqnnPvcC