[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth - Wed & Thu @ 21:00 KST

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

I am certain policeman Kang Dong Ki is HS' father, partner of Jung.  Yes, we did compare the fan letter and the diary entries, I can't tell if the handwritings are the same.  We don't know if HS has been born yet.  Since HS is in her 20s in 2035, she very well be in grade school writing the letter.  I expect adult HS to meet young girl HS soon, that's how the diary continues through the time loop.  2020 adult HS will have to hand it over somehow.  Probability exists that HS will meet policeman Kang, will she know who he is?

The key to break the time loop lies with Tae Sul.  Tae San did not die.  He actually succeeded this time around, his brother found the suitcase.  HS helped as well, they met Jung.  Both reinforced for TSul that TSan is still alive.  At least we know that the events leading to TS's invention of the uploader will change.  In the past, TS did not disappear at the convention and he continues to be part of QnT.  This time, he is not part of the development anymore cuz he is busy finding his brother.  Something did change.  Maybe they can keep pushing the critical point forward.  

The second and important change is the key TaeSul has.  I don't think TSan brought the key to give Park, he wanted TS to have the contents in the safe.   

The events leading to the wedding will change.  I believe the wedding could still happen.  If TS is ousted from QnT, I wonder how would he continue to develop the uploader?

I agree with you that Officer Kang is Seo Hae's father in which I hope he will have significant interactions with adult Seo Hae and assist in breaking the cycle. It was too sad to see them part ways in the future and he seems like a righteous man. When they meet, even if Seo Hae recognizes him, I don't think she will acknowledge him right away for his own well-being. Maybe, later though. I also think Seo Hae in the present is around 8 years old. If Tae San's camera captured the wedding photo, it would mean he has met Seo Hae at one point of the loop. Maybe Seo Hae's suitcase was also put together by Tae San. Hence, the password to it of "120930" could be her birthday and the mysterious canisters may be relevant.

I do think Tae San has been leaving clues for Tae Sul to head in the right direction - such as the key and clippings at the old laboratory. The message on Tae Sul's wall is likely written by him too. I believe he knew that Tae Sul would do the opposite and search for the truth.

And, yes, I also agree some things have already changed. When the entry in Seo Hae's diary started to fade away, I know it's because of contact with the waters, but I also hope that it means she doesn't need this message to herself anymore. They all will succeed this time.

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JTBC Drama Sisyphus: The Myth Network: JTBC Genre: Action, Mystery, Sci-Fi Episodes: 16 Airdate: February 17th, 2021 - Airtime: Wed & Thu @ 21:00 KST Write

Whoa...we’re 2 eps in and we’re already solving it all.   Go us!  

@nrllee @bedifferent @Sleepy Owl   http://m.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=228384   Found this while browsing twitter. Read it with Google translate. At the last the producti

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

Here’s my theory.  Assuming the Lieutenant (who was marking all the lotto tickets) that Jung was talking to at the convenience store is SH’s dad, he’s young.  So SH would be a child at that time or maybe not even born.  Possibly she could actually be the little girl that wrote the letter to TSul when he was in hospital (but their names are different so I don’t know, maybe she’s not born yet).  Saying she wanted to marry him.  So future SH (older version) jumps back in time.  So does older Jung.  So yes there would be 2 versions of them at that intersect (unless SH hasn’t been born yet).  Both the older version of them and the younger version (if they exist).  So when the guy explained the Time Paradox, it means the memories of their future self and their present self get mixed up.  Maybe that’s why SH doesn’t remember how to eat a banana.  She was too young to remember.  Maybe an infant or toddler in 2020.  Jung came back but conveniently his future self was killed.  I don’t know if it means his present young self will absorb some of his memories as a result so he remembers SH and TSul when he gets taken by the CB.

Eureka!!!

That's why she act weird or like a child ?!!

First thing she say is like that : "PO"

Then, like a child, she think the voice on the phone is Tae Sul.

But... When is she recovering more memory and slowly don't act like a child anymore ?

And what about the wedding dream ? Where this dream come from ?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

That's why she act weird or like a child ?!!

First thing she say is like that : "PO"

Then, like a child, she think the voice on the phone is Tae Sul.

But... When is she recovering more memory and slowly don't act like a child anymore ?

And what about the wedding dream ? Where this dream come from ?

I think the key is what the henchman said to TSul when he asked him about what happens because of the time travel back.  He said their bodies and memories get mixed up and eventually one side disappears.  So SH was having both memories collide when she first arrived.  Her child side and her adult side (from the future).  I would think that if she were primary school she would at least know how to eat a banana.  Which is why I was thinking she’s more like a toddler or younger in 2020?  Don’t know.  I haven’t looked too hard at the timeline and her age.  The number stamped on her arm is her unique ID.  What was the combination on her suitcase?  Is that her birthdate?  Or some other combination?

EDIT - Just checked @packmule3’s timeline (http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/02/23/sisyphus-eps-1-2-timelines-for-taesul-and-seohae/) and the combination on SH’s suitcase was 120930. If that’s her birthdate, she’s born in 2012?  That would make her 8 now.  Why then wouldn’t she know how to eat a banana?  Or remember plants?  Or vegetables?  Unless what she was trying to get across when she went to look at the plants growing on the rooftop was more a distant childhood memory?  And that’s why she looked wistful?  Grrr...I wish the writer of this was more meticulous so I didn’t have to worry that it was just an oversight on their part with the dates.

• Like 3

시지프스 감독판 블루레이/디비디 가수요 진행중

가수요 참여는 실구매가 아닌 수요 조사이므로 금전적인 비용이 발생하지않습니다.

추진카페

http://cafe.daum.net/sisyphus-the-myth

Korean TV show 'Sisyphus' Cafe is opened for Blu-ray DVD. If you want to have the actors'commentary, bloopers and behind the scenes with high quality of all episodes, please join our cafe and do the survey.

LINK. http://cafe.daum.net/sisyphus-the-myth

From @sisyphus0217

ImagenImagen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This show is so loosely written and boring 

None of the cast is suited to their roles 

The leads hv ZERO chemistry 

Given now a days the script is becoming crisper and epis of less Duration but here the same RickRoll'D is going on in circles 

This can't be even called story development 

Epis 1 and 2 were still okay 

But 3 and 4 were such a drag 

This is really unfortunate to see such a big budget show being wasted of poor screenplay and pathetic casting 

I give up

I can't even call it my guilty pleasure 

Sweet home and lovestruck in the city were way less budgeted but the script and cast and the chemistry between the characters were so good.. It's unbelievable 

Compared to that this show is a snooze fest 

• Like 1

#SisyphusTheMyth # 13 #Netflix Sun,Feb28

Top10 in 10 countries
#1 Hong Kong,SK
#2 Malaysia,Thailand,Taiwan,Vietnam
#3 Singapore
#4 Philippines 
#9 Qatar,Saudi Arabia
(No telecast Europe,Latin America

via @1marisone

Imagen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Abanti Farook said:

The leads hv ZERO chemistry

I stop to read any comment when I find the world "chemistry" into it...

For me, it's like someone yelling "hey I don't have a brain and I will write really stupid things".

And again, Im not disappointed about that...

• Unamused 1
  • LOL 3

Imagen

A new face actor Yu-li Ha will appear in JTBC's 10th anniversary special drama 'Sisyphus: the myth' .

On the morning of the 1st, the agency Starhouse Entertainment said, "Actor Ha Yu-ri will appear in Sisyphus as Go Eun."

In the play, Eun-eun Ko is the younger brother of Sun (Chae Jong-hyeop), who contributes to the struggle of Seohae (Park Shin-hye) to save the world.

full article.  http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111530166

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Aside from the wedding photo, Tae Sul also developed this photo from Tae San's camera. Have we talked about it? It looks like he was there at Tae Sul's therapy session with Seo Jin.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

This drama reminds me of "Memories of Alhambra" due to its fantasy, supernatural aspect. Was hard to understand in the beginning but I began to get a grip after 4th episode. Will see how the drama unfolds.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

Aside from the wedding photo, Tae Sul also developed this photo from Tae San's camera. Have we talked about it? It looks like he was there at Tae Sul's therapy session with Seo Jin.

Can we guess how this picture was taken?  Did he take it through the glass wall, inside the hallway of the building, looking into the office?  Maybe even up on a connecting bridge, the upper floor?  Hallway and his reflection is in the photo.

Is this after his funeral or after the plane crash?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Can we guess how this picture was taken?  Did he take it through the glass wall, inside the hallway of the building, looking into the office?  Maybe even up on a connecting bridge, the upper floor?  Hallway and his reflection is in the photo.

Is this after his funeral or after the plane crash?

I was trying to figure "how" as well. It looks like the photo captured Tae San's reflection so I think he took it looking through a glass wall and standing inside a hallway based on what we see on the top left corner.

The therapy session took place one month after Tae San's funeral so before Tae Sul's plane crash. (Edited per @nrllee's post below. Sorry!)

spacer.png

Also, I wonder if Kim Dong-Hyeon from one the newspaper clippings (guy on the left photo) is this person from the IPO listing. If so, there must be a reason why his name is boxed in red.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

The therapy session took place one month after Tae San's funeral so before Tae Sul's plane crash.

Really?  I thought it happened a month after the plane crash (the accident)?  Eddy Kim told him to get therapy after he got home from the hospital and not just rely on pills to solve his problems?  And then the scene with SeoJin at therapy was shown.  He asked her to just prescribe him more pills because he didn’t want to talk about his issues (have therapy).  She told him she can’t just give him pills like she did in the past anymore because the company wanted her counseling reports.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth - Wed & Thu @ 21:00 KST