[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

Imagen

A new face actor Yu-li Ha will appear in JTBC's 10th anniversary special drama 'Sisyphus: the myth' .

On the morning of the 1st, the agency Starhouse Entertainment said, "Actor Ha Yu-ri will appear in Sisyphus as Go Eun."

In the play, Eun-eun Ko is the younger brother of Sun (Chae Jong-hyeop), who contributes to the struggle of Seohae (Park Shin-hye) to save the world.

full article.  http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111530166

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

Aside from the wedding photo, Tae Sul also developed this photo from Tae San's camera. Have we talked about it? It looks like he was there at Tae Sul's therapy session with Seo Jin.

Can we guess how this picture was taken?  Did he take it through the glass wall, inside the hallway of the building, looking into the office?  Maybe even up on a connecting bridge, the upper floor?  Hallway and his reflection is in the photo.

Is this after his funeral or after the plane crash?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Can we guess how this picture was taken?  Did he take it through the glass wall, inside the hallway of the building, looking into the office?  Maybe even up on a connecting bridge, the upper floor?  Hallway and his reflection is in the photo.

Is this after his funeral or after the plane crash?

I was trying to figure "how" as well. It looks like the photo captured Tae San's reflection so I think he took it looking through a glass wall and standing inside a hallway based on what we see on the top left corner.

The therapy session took place one month after Tae San's funeral so before Tae Sul's plane crash. (Edited per @nrllee's post below. Sorry!)

spacer.png

Also, I wonder if Kim Dong-Hyeon from one the newspaper clippings (guy on the left photo) is this person from the IPO listing. If so, there must be a reason why his name is boxed in red.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

The therapy session took place one month after Tae San's funeral so before Tae Sul's plane crash.

Really?  I thought it happened a month after the plane crash (the accident)?  Eddy Kim told him to get therapy after he got home from the hospital and not just rely on pills to solve his problems?  And then the scene with SeoJin at therapy was shown.  He asked her to just prescribe him more pills because he didn’t want to talk about his issues (have therapy).  She told him she can’t just give him pills like she did in the past anymore because the company wanted her counseling reports.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Really?  I thought it happened a month after the plane crash (the accident)?  Eddy Kim told him to get therapy after he got home from the hospital and not just rely on pills to solve his problems?  And then the scene with SeoJin at therapy was shown.  He asked her to just prescribe him more pills because he didn’t want to talk about his issues (have therapy).  She told him she can’t just give him pills like she did in the past anymore because the company wanted her counseling reports.

Oh, you're right!! Let me fix my post above so it doesn't confuse anyone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Aside from the wedding photo, Tae Sul also developed this photo from Tae San's camera. Have we talked about it? It looks like he was there at Tae Sul's therapy session with Seo Jin.

I guess the picture is of the exact scene we see in the drama, the scene is at (35:00), but if you look more, it's also at end episode 1. (59:50). The second part is a flashback and it show the ending of the scene. We can already wonder why the script chooses to split this scene in two parts. The second time, Tae Sul is looking for the suitcase.

Why a photo with this Psy seance ? At that moment, Tae Sul reveals to the psychiatrist that he cannot accept his brother's death and move on. This shows his determination to fix things if one day he has the opportunity (such as inventing a time machine).
I wonder if the photos are not key moments in Tae Sul's journey towards his future invention and the problems that it brings. Here, the photo shows his declaration of intent. The one at the conference shows the technical process he will use. Then that of the wedding, the choice he will make when asked "your wife or the world".

There is something strange about the photo at the psychiatrist's, however. The scenario could easily show a photo taken normally. Why did it choose to show a photo taken in a reflection, so that the image is reversed? This is something that intrigues me. What's the meaning of this ?

Additional info: In this conversation with Seo Jin, there is an important keyword that was impossible to guess at that moment of the drama: REGRET.
It's all about Tae Sul regrets. However, we learn later that the main goal of time travelers is not to change the past (many times, dialogues insist that the future cannot be changed), but to be able to correct something that we regret. As an example, the policeman Jung. He cannot change his mother's death, but he can correct his regret by seeing her one last time and being kind to her.

Then, it's just maths !

Photo of Tae Sul Regrets + Time Travel is for fixing Regret = Tae Sul build Time Machine.

One last hypothesis: Tae Sul's brother takes these pictures because he knows what's at stake (either because of a timeloop or because another time traveler told him). The brother takes the pictures, and when he goes back in time (scene of the plane crash), he sacrifices himself so that the suitcase will reach Tae Sul. I doubt that he survived, but the drama does not address the fact that his body was not sought after his fall, as is the case with the suitcase.

I don't know for what purpose the brother did that. Warning Tae Sul not build a machine ? Look like "if past can't be changed", it's impossible to prevent that. What is the other goal ?

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

I'm a bit lost about this.

The line is confusing, it just say "The accident happened one month ago".

So it could be brother death, or it could be plane accident.

But both have something the same, if brother died during the plane crash.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

24 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

I'm a bit lost about this.

The line is confusing, it just say "The accident happened one month ago".

So it could be brother death, or it could be plane accident.

But both have something the same, if brother died during the plane crash.

We never found out how the brother died?  He was already in the urn.  He “died” the day after TSul was at the shareholders meeting. That was in 11Aug 2010.  10 years ago.  According to @packmule3’s timeline (http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/02/23/sisyphus-eps-1-2-timelines-for-taesul-and-seohae/), the date of his death inscribed on the urn was 12Aug 2010.

So I am guessing TSul was supposed to see SeoJin for therapy after his brother’s death.  But he didn’t want to participate in those sessions so all he got her to do to help him forget was to prescribe all those pills.  That’s why he told her at the therapy session we first see her in to “just give me pills”.  He didn’t want to talk about it.  But this time she said she couldn’t do that.  She had to prove she had counseling sessions with him (the company had directed her to).  So he was forced to start talking about it.

So I think with that timeline, the “accident” had to have been the plane which nearly crashed.  It would’ve had an emergency landing.  One of its engines was out of commission.  So it was a near death experience for everyone.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nrllee said:

We never found out how the brother died?  He was already in the urn.  He “died” the day after TSul was at the shareholders meeting. That was in 11Aug 2010.  10 years ago.  According to @packmule3’s timeline (http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/02/23/sisyphus-eps-1-2-timelines-for-taesul-and-seohae/), the date of his death inscribed on the urn was 12Aug 2010.

So I am guessing TSul was supposed to see SeoJin for therapy after his brother’s death.  But he didn’t want to participate in those sessions so all he got her to do to help him forget was to prescribe all those pills.  That’s why he told her at the therapy session we first see her in to “just give me pills”.  He didn’t want to talk about it.  But this time she said she couldn’t do that.  She had to prove she had counseling sessions with him (the company had directed her to).  So he was forced to start talking about it.

So I think with that timeline, the “accident” had to have been the plane which nearly crashed.  It would’ve had an emergency landing.  One of its engines was out of commission.  So it was a near death experience for everyone.

Oh! I need your help. There is something I forgot.

When doing the ashes DNA test, what was the result ?

Was it really brother DNA, or was it not ?

I remember it was not, but I'm not sure.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Oh! I need your help. There is something I forgot.

When doing the ashes DNA test, what was the result ?

Was it really brother DNA, or was it not ?

I remember it was not, but I'm not sure.

It was not his brother, that’s what the test said - the DNA didn’t match .  Which is why I think TSan faked his death back in 2010.  Remember how frantic he looked at the shareholders meeting?  He seemed worried that people were after him?  So it would make sense to fake his death so that the people after him would think he was dead and therefore stop.  The body was disfigured.  TSul assumed it was him because the Police showed him the backpack which was his brother’s.  And the body was cremated with the remains put in an urn with TSan’s name on it.  So TSan lived right to the future and came back.  I don’t know why he didn’t look like he aged much :lol: at the conference?  And the photo above taken of SeoJin and TSul with his reflection didn’t look like he aged much either?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nrllee said:

It was not his brother, that’s what the test said - the DNA didn’t match .  Which is why I think TSan faked his death back in 2010.  Remember how frantic he looked at the shareholders meeting?  He seemed worried that people were after him?  So it would make sense to fake his death so that the people after him would think he was dead and therefore stop.  The body was disfigured.  TSul assumed it was him because the Police showed him the backpack which was his brother’s.  And the body was cremated with the remains put in an urn with TSan’s name on it.  So TSan lived right to the future and came back.  I don’t know why he didn’t look like he aged much :lol: at the conference?  And the photo above taken of SeoJin and TSul with his reflection didn’t look like he aged much either?

Thanks!

I suppose this now (more clearly) : The brother we see at the conference, it's the one who faked his death, he's not from the future. So, Brother from same timeline than Tae Sul. He will take photo of weeding, later. So Tae Sul marry the Seo Hae we see in the drama (a wife from the future :sweatingbullets:). Then, later Tae Sul brother will come back in time with all photos in his suitcase, and probably die during the plane scene, because he fall from 10000m high. He sacrifice himself because he need to recreate the event of the plane accident, or maybe, he just wanted to land in golpy field, but it missed. I don't know. How and why he have to travel back and be in the sky, choice, accident, or have to be like that because it was already like that, and this can't be changed. That's why I see it as a sacrifice. If he do that (or if it have to be like that), it's not only about photos, but also the Key ! The Key and what is in the safety deposit box should be very important. And Tae Sul have to get this. Only way is to bring back the Key to him, from the future.

• Like 3

Realistically, the film wouldn't survive the radiation or whatever emitting from the uploading machine. 

If we are looking at TSan's photos,  there was a pic of Tsul at the Busan conference.  Also this one of him in the reed field.  Tsan was there from afar.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.55.58 AM

What was the story on Tsan's death?  Whose body was it?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Park Shin Hye x Cho Seung Woo for ELLE

Imagen

Imagen

https://instagram.com/p/CL3w7UmgQ7Y/

찰나의 빛을 찾는 여정에 함께 오르기로 한 두 사람. #시지프스 #조승우 와 #박신혜 의 드라마틱한 순간들을 공개합니다.

카리스마로 꽉찬 화보 영상과는 사뭇 다른, 꾸러기 케미를 뽐내는 #케미공작소 영상도 아직 안보셨다면 <엘르> 유튜브 채널에서 지금 바로 만나보세요 @ssinz7

FILM DIRECTOR 정보경(FilmbyTeam)
EDITORS 이마루, 이경진, 전혜진
STYLIST 홍한나, 차주연
HAIR STYLIST 이혜진, 이한나
MAKEUP ARITST 고연정, 차세인?igshid=e8var065wcxh

• Like 3

I answer to my own question :

Why did it choose to show a photo taken in a reflection, so that the image is reversed? This is something that intrigues me. What's the meaning of this ?

So we can see the brother reflection on the photo. A way to confirm that all photos were shot by the brother.

Maybe there is another meaning I don't know.

19 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Realistically, the film wouldn't survive the radiation or whatever emitting from the uploading machine. 

If we are looking at TSan's photos,  there was a pic of Tsul at the Busan conference.  Also this one of him in the reed field.  Tsan was there from afar.

Woo! Great excerpt, I didnt remember this photo.

Im not sure it's radiation. Typical radiation like alpha-beta-gamma ray from nuclear. As it's deadly, irradiated people couldnt survive.

Im thinking about an anentropic field. (I get this name from SF book Hyperion by Dan Simmons).

A field sorrounding travelers, and creating time instability, or even time reversal. Like the scene when Seo Hae remove the magazine from the gun, but the gun still fire, as if the magazine was in it.

On packmule blog, she noticed than many times, people use the expression "run". As if "running" is a word with real meaning is activate a kind of timeshifting ability.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Who knows?  The DNA report just said 99% NOT a match?  So I am guessing TSul used his DNA as a comparison.  And it didn’t match as siblings.  Where would he (TSan) get the body though?  Unless it’s the CB?  Or Sigma?  I thought Sigma were the baddies.  The ones that killed people.  But now it sounds like the CB framed SH so that Officer Jung would kill her on their behalf?  Or did he take it upon himself to do that?  The Chief of CB said (at the bridge) that he wanted them alive?  Could’ve fooled me :lol:.  They emptied so many rounds of ammo at Jung’s home?  And then again with the drones?  Whatever.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Who knows?  The DNA report just said 99% NOT a match?  So I am guessing TSul used his DNA as a comparison.  And it didn’t match as siblings.  Where would he (TSan) get the body though?  Unless it’s the CB?  Or Sigma?  I thought Sigma were the baddies.  The ones that killed people.  But now it sounds like the CB framed SH so that Officer Jung would kill her on their behalf?  Or did he take it upon himself to do that?  The Chief of CB said (at the bridge) that he wanted them alive?  Could’ve fooled me :lol:.  They emptied so many rounds of ammo at Jung’s home?  And then again with the drones?  Whatever.

I feel like we know nothing. But this nothing is still more than the nothing other watchers know. :lol:

• LOL 3