〈Cyprus: the myth〉 first broadcast today on Wednesday, February
17!

Please look forward to Elle March with pictorials, interviews, and videos 

bit.ly/3s3O8yB

Imagen

Imagen

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Ok I'm really, really confused about this series.

• So her father had to leave? But actually she was the one who left their (home planet?). Lol I'm sorry for asking these stupid questions. The third rule: Stay away from Han Tae-Sul, lol. That's the first thing she requires, after food, though. Hmmm
  • He gives off Tony Stark vibes, what with the genius engineering and flirting, and his careless attitude about his own company. I do hope he is the majority shareholder so he won't be ousted for his antics, surely missing board meetings will be the least of his problems from now on, since he opened Pandora's box suitcase
  • Also kinda funny he immediately went to the pilots', and was there to fix the issue. 
  • She does not know what answering machines are, or how to eat bananas. What world did she come from? Not from the future!
  • She can't find Han Tae-Sul. How much you wanna bet the bad guys (from the same world as hers) can do it, though.
  • The brother could have tried to explain better the issue, no matter what. Yeah he sounded crazy, but he should have kept talking, so after his death, the younger brother could start thinking about the deceased's words.

Well, it was interesting for sure. I just am confused.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth - Wed & Thu @ 21:00 KST

Hi all! Also saw E1 on Netflix. I'm suddenly getting the vibe of the film "Terminator", a soldier/fighter arriving from another time (or parallel universe) to save someone in the "present", with the gender twist. Intriguing enough to see 2nd ep. :) 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Park Shin Hye And Cho Seung Woo Talk About Their Perfect Teamwork During Filming “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Park Shin Hye And Cho Seung Woo Talk About Their Perfect Teamwork During Filming “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Feb 17, 2021
by S. P

JTBC’s new drama “Sisyphus: The Myth” held an online press conference featuring producing director (PD) Jin Hyuk, Cho Seung Woo, and Park Shin Hye on February 17, the day of its premiere.

The new fantasy-mystery drama stars Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring light to hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world, and Park Shin Hye as his savior Kang Seo Hae. She comes from a future that has fallen into ruin due to a war, and she takes on the task of protecting Han Tae Sool in order to save the world.

Director Jin Hyuk described how the idea for “Sisyphus: The Myth” was born. “The story may seem like it’s fantasy, but it’s actually based on real-life events,” he revealed. “Four years ago when I was planning dramas with the screenwriters, it was when there was a possibility of nuclear weapons being used or a war breaking out. People outside the country were surprised at how Korean citizens just went about their work as usual. The plan for the drama started when we wondered what our reaction would be if a tragedy had actually happened.”

Park-Shin-Hye-Jin-Hyuk-Cho-Seung-Woo.jpg

The drama marks Cho Seung Woo’s first attempt at the fantasy genre, and he recalled being intrigued by the idea of a world where the present and the future co-exist. “It was also scary to imagine how the South Korea in 2035 would be portrayed in ruins. I grew interested in that kind of thing, and how it would be embodied and portrayed,” he said. “More than anything, I chose the drama because of the compassion that Han Tae Sool and Kang Seo Hae share, and it’s also my first time acting in a genre that has all of these elements so I was really curious and excited.”

Park Shin Hye described how she prepared for her role, sharing, “I practiced with the action team about a month and a half before shooting began and tried to get used to the movements. As for the scenes in the future, we went to actual abandoned streets in Myeongdong and locations similar to wastelands and I got kind of used to those surroundings.”

Spoiler

Cho-Seung-Woo3.jpg

Director Jin Hyuk expressed his confidence in the two lead actors as he said, “From the beginning, we wanted Cho Seung Woo and Park Shin Hye, and if even just one of them said no I would have said to do a different drama.” Cho Seung Woo humorously chimed in, “The character description was someone who was born in 1988 and 183 centimeters tall, so I thought, ‘They weren’t looking for me.’ The description was changed to someone born in 1982 so I immediately decided I was in.”

Park Shin Hye also said that she and Cho Seung Woo had perfect synergy on set.

Explaining how Cho Seung Woo helped her throughout filming, she said, “There are definitely some difficult scenes, and while filming there were times where I would get overwhelmed even though it was clearly my job to see it through. However, whenever that would happen, he would be there. There’s things that happen out of trust when you rely on each other. There were so many moments like that that whenever he wasn’t on set I would wait for him. I realized how differently I acted when we filmed separately compared to when we filmed together.”

Park-Shin-Hye5.jpg

Cho Seung Woo also held Park Shin Hye in high regard as he described how she guided him through filming, having been on set two months longer than he had. “Excluding the director, she was the boss on set. She brought everyone together and looked after the staff and other actors, so even before seeing her as an actress I saw her as a really great person,” he said. “When you look into the other person’s eyes you can tell whether or not they’re 100 percent sincere about what they’re doing. When I saw her pouring her soul into every single scene and drawing upon and expressing those emotions, I thought she was amazing.”

Park Shin Hye shared what she hoped the drama would accomplish, saying, “I hope that this drama is one that satisfies your eyes, ears, and all five of your senses as you find out how Han Tae Sool and Kang Seo Hae will alter the future in the midst of their repeated fate. I hope this drama can bring everyone just a little bit of hope or comfort.”

Cho Seung Woo added, “The message and subject of this drama might appear simple, but it can also be the story of you all who watch it. I think this is a drama that presents the results that come out of the choices we make in our lives. If you pay attention to the mindset and hope embedded in those choices you will be able to relate to the drama even more.”

Check out Park Shin Hye In “Doctors” below!

WATCH 

soompi.com/article/1454862wpp/park-shin-hye-and-cho-seung-woo-talk-about-their-perfect-teamwork-during-filming-sisyphus-the-myth

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

It comes at last!

The drama itself came to the world in a difficult way. Although Sisyphus was punished to do the work endlessly, would it also symbolize the spirit of people's persistence to pursue something? So our hero Han Tae Sool and heroine Kang Seo Hae, would the journey for adventure be in vein or solved? Would it hard either to understand one's heart or to propose a possible solution to a mystery? 

Tae Sool is a genius, he seems to own a lot, but he has already lost something important in his life, he wants to find the person back; Seo Hae is a worrior, she has lost imprortant person in her life, she wants to find the old world back to save the one she loves. Not just save the world, but the world of her own. Will they succeed? Let's wait and see.

Tae Sool has a hallucinationhe could see his dead brother, and talk to him but the dead brother didn't exist in the world at all.

He takes several pills, such as Risperidone and Amisulpride, both are antipsychotics; he also takes DiaZepatn and Zolpidem to fall asleep. But his symptoms don't improve at all. Why?

He is punishing himself. He almost "killed"his brother, if only Tae Sool waited to talk with his brother that day, he would have survived, wouldn't he?  The thought lingers in his mind, he regrets all the time, he couldn't forgive himself, so the hallucination came out, played a role, as if his brother was still alive.

The journey to find his brother or save him is a journey to free Tae Sool. He has to do it so he could have a chance to go back to his own world.

The set reminds me of Yoo Jin-woo in <Memories of the Alhambra> , but not the same.

Edited by milanese8
Please do not post consecutively within 1 hour, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

It’s so nice to see our fav CSW play a character so different from the Stranger and Life characters. And I love it even more that Tae In Ho is playing his trusty aide in this drama - wonder if these two actors are also close in real life. 

I am puzzled- can anyone tell me why PSH character went to look for CSW when her dad told her specifically not to? Just too strange for her to go against what her dad told her to.

Looking forward to the next episode! 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

In the character diagram, there is a line indicating a loveline @Kimbly2134 so I guess there is one. And in the the future episode, there is a picture of TaeSool married so I'm on pins and needles to know who is the girl. 

This is another side to ChoSeung Woo I see. It is amazing how he can turn be so cheeky and a playboy in this drama and in the blink of an eye turn so serious. While Park Shin Hye also amazes me that she can turn from naive and innocent then to a tough no nonsense woman. I love their chemistry already even if I haven't seen them together in a scene.

This drama makes me breathless and keep me on the edge of my seat while watching. But oh, it makes me miserable in waiting for the next episode impatiently

• Like 6
  • Love 2