[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

Finally decided to catch up with the latest episodes but I guess I got bored halfway through Ep 3 I can't really focus with anything happening in front of me. I decided to check out this thread during my watch and found it much more interesting to read all the theories and speculations than watching the drama. 

I guess my main complain is that while I can feel the urgency in the plot, the characters are moving rather slow and sluggish. There is a lot of action going but it feels too exaggerated and the characters are taking their own sweet time. Huge flashback to The King Eternal Monarch where a lot of thing happening but I still feel like it is going too slow. 

And seriously, are they still going to send a lot of people fully equipped with weapons but still can't put up a fight? What the heck with everyone just waiting outside covering only the front door route? Shouldn't you secure the whole perimeter and block every single possible escape point? I never saw any house that only has front door and no doors/windows at the side though. And obviously they will escape through other doors/windows and not the front door where all of them are waiting there. The same case applies during the first two episodes with Control Bureau tried catching Seo Hae in that part-timer apartment and Han Tae Sul at the container. They only point their gun at the front door and nobody is seen to covering the perimeter.

I guess I will be sticking with this thread for the time being and catch up once Beyond Evil finished airing. That drama feels so intense and a lot of thing happening that I want the episode to end faster because I was too overload and that made every other drama feels too slow in comparison. Thank you to everyone here and I'll be looking forward to all the upcoming posts. :heartxoxo:

• Like 6

#시지프스 #제작발표회 #다시보기

[다시보기 4/4] 화제의 <시지프스> 캐스팅 일화! - 제작발표회

feb. 17 2021

Netflix K-drama Sisyphus: The Myth – escapist fun as sci-fi action-drama series kicks off with outrageous set pieces

• A breathless, colourful mix of comedy, action, and science fiction, Sisyphus: The Myth doesn’t try to make sense, but you need not worry about that
  • Starring Stranger’s Cho Seung-woo as a Korean Tony Stark, and Park Shin-hye,who join forces for no obvious reason, this is riotously good entertainment

Published: 8:15pm, 28 Feb, 2021

Cho Seung-woo (left) and Park Shin-hye in a still from Sisyphus: The Myth.

Cho Seung-woo (left) and Park Shin-hye in a still from Sisyphus: The Myth

full article. https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/k-pop/k-drama/article/3123321/netflix-k-drama-sisyphus-myth-escapist-fun-sci-fi-action

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would you like to have unreleased videos in your making ?
 Want to hear the actors' commentary?

After joining the promotion cafe, please participate in the singer needs survey

Imagen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for my english:joy:

I'm not ready to build theories yet. But I notieced the voice of the man who shot SH at the wedding It was Kim Byung Chul (evil ghost from goblin) So maybe he is bad person here. I spoke and felt better :joy: Everyone, enjoy this drama

Edited by RosIzzzALi
wrong language
  • Like 3

Jtbc released spoiler of ep 5

“Strong couple, ChoSeungWoo and ParkShinHye’s sweet first date plan?”

naver.me/xC6fkkmt

Kang Seo Hae: The place that I want to go?

Han Tae Sul: An amusement park? Why?

Kang Seo Hae: Viking.

Han Tae Sul: You really don't know how to play. Yes, I don't know what the future holds. The hit place here is Hannam-dong....

via @PSHAngelShinHye

Imagen

Imagen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

Does anyone think that the TSan who appeared at the shareholders meeting rambling is one of the iterations from the future?  And the present TSan is none the wiser about time travel and could very well be passed out drunk at home?  The TSan at the shareholders meeting knew about the CB and told TSul that people are coming back from the future and everyone is looking for him?  Or is it the present day TSan (no time travel) who just happened to get a lot of information from future TSan?  I am going loopy with the time looping. :lol:

The other question I have is how (or if) they can decide when they loop back to.  Or is that just random?  Officer HyeongGi seemed oblivious to his arrival time?  Or maybe he looped back to the day his mom died and was passed out and disoriented so he was confused?  So he needed to make sure he made it back on time?  If future SH knew from the diary that she had to warn TSul not to open the suitcase on 13Aug, then why wouldn’t she give herself some breathing space and loop back a week or even a month in advance?  Why just come back the day before? :blink:. Or maybe they can only loop back to the actual date they depart from the future?  Officer HG arrived 19Aug 2020 and SH arrived 12Aug 2020.  So they can only loop back to the same date (excluding the year) they leave from the future.  I am assuming that time is working in parallel (except in different years).  So 12Aug 2020 would be 12Aug 2035.  

• Like 3

My latest theory is that SH was not born yet in 2020.  So there is no present SH.  Just future SH.  Reason being she said in her diary that she died in 2020.  Now if she died in 2020, she can’t make it to the future to loop back to the present.  Just like TSul can’t loop back because presumably he dies in 2020.  The reason I say this is because SH’s mission says if she saves TSul, she saves the world.  Because the Holocaust happened, it’s safe to assume that she couldn’t save TSul and the Holocaust happened?  Only people who live into the future post Holocaust or are born then can loop back.  It doesn’t matter that she dies in 2020 because in reality she’s not even conceived yet.  Her dad is still young.  And he will go on to live past the Holocaust, and his wife (?) would give birth to SH in the future.  That’s why SH can keep looping back even if she gets killed in 2020.  Unless she’s just talking to her future self in her diary, in which case my theory is debunked. :lol:

So TSan survives the Holocaust and loops back.  So does Officer Jung.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

My latest theory is that SH was not born yet in 2020.  ...

Arf, my lastest one... already writed on the other blog.

Totally pessimistic. But it fit well with the title of the drama. Eternal loop and curse, nothing change.

Then, it solve many mysteries, and it's straight on.

So we watch the drama and our blood freeze as we understand about how this happens.

Each detail leading to this. That look recursive and past/present/future events are a complex intrication.

But from a larger view, it's a already finished painting.

Then, we end the drama, depressed. Last scene is something like Tae Sul understand all, but it's too late. He see the whole loop. It could be a twister scene with lot of flashback (Saw 1 like). And he know all this as repeated for all eternity, exactly in the same way to the least detail. And from outside view, it's just events like others. No time paradox, just some mix in time, during a short time of history.

So this kind of time travel story. If you think someone changed something, in real, it was already part of the main final destination. Sometimes you get a big plot-twist. Just some false hope. You think, hey, it changed ! No no, in fact, it was already planified like that. ah ahahaha.

• Like 4