[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

@nrllee I laughed almost as hard as you... relieve my stress for the day.  The rescue scenarios are so illogical that I seriously think it's a parody of American blockbusters.  The role reversal between HS and TS is hilarious. TS screaming and passed out from the excitement zip lining in front of the blue screen, the CGI is just too much.  :lol:  How are you doing@pompyavi@taeunfighting ?  We can stop theorizing time dilation !!! 

TS:  It's not like I asked you to rescue me.  I lost sight of my brother because of you.  Tell me everything while we're at it.  Who are you?  Are you stalking me? And what's with that wedding photo? Did you photoshop yourself?

... Then what? Did we do it? Did we have a one night stand?  

:omg:

You know what...

• Broker Park keeping the two hapless sidekicks tell me he has a soft heart for the underdogs.
  • Broker Park asked TS how much would he be willing to pay to change something in the past.  When TS answered with everything he has, Park understood how he feels.  There's a personal admission.  I wonder why Park ended up running Asian Mart in 2020.   How long has he been here.
  • Why doesn't CB go after Asia Mart or the ring leader instead of the immigrants?
  • How did HS get downloaded if she didn't go through Park?  Is there another broker?
  • Tae Sul going STOP STOP STOP in the van killed me :lol:
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

I found the 3rd episode to be the best till now. For some reason the CGI and unrealistic action scenes didn't bother me too much except for a split second when I saw it happening for the first time. I don't know- maybe the airplane scene in ep 1 made me adjust my expectations accordingly so now I find myself not caring for such scenes (like sliding off a glass building with the gun as an achor).

What stood out for me has to be the chemistry between CSW and PSH---- it's so incredible. I really enjoyed her saving him, their banter when they were tied together, the sleeping in the van scene that is all over twitter, when she made him wear that jacket and then when he paid for her diary!! I think all of us can sense how good a team they are going to be. Also glad that CSW is closer to understanding the situation/mess-- I want him to understand it and get to solving it like an equal partner to PSH. Hopefully by the end of next episode he won't be in the dark anymore! I also really like CEO Park's character- the owner of Asian Mart. He is such a cool actor, loved all his scenes. I hope he is not the bad guy and ends up helping CSW and PSH though with his current attitude it seems unlikely.

Also the bodygaurd and Edward Kim seem to be nice in the sense not part of the Control Bureau. And the zoomed in pic of Hand Tae San leaving the conference also confirms that his brother is alive in the present. Hoping that mystery is cleared out soon too.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

How are you doing@pompyavi

Again there were few WTH moments in this episode as well. Sadly I see myself dropping this drama. I love CSW but I can't bring myself to overlook these many WTH moments. That being said the time travel concept is quantum teleportation which means the future and present are in quantum entanglement. Hope you guys have a fun ride watching this. I might check it out after it is done airing.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Tae Sul going STOP STOP STOP in the van killed me :lol:

I know.  He was like the only cool head in the van.  I could almost hear CSW laughing inside as he held it together and repeated his lines.  It’s like parody almost.  I think I really needed all that comedic relief care of TSul’s one liners (“This is not the US” :lol:) to get me past all the implausible events happening before my eyes.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rita96 said:

What stood out for me has to be the chemistry between CSW and PSH---- it's so incredible. I really enjoyed her saving him, their banter when they were tied together, the sleeping in the van scene that is all over twitter, when she made him wear that jacket and then when he paid for her diary!! I think all of us can sense how good a team they are going to be. Also glad that CSW is closer to understanding the situation/mess-- I want him to understand it and get to solving it like an equal partner to PSH. Hopefully by the end of next episode he won't be in the dark anymore! I also really like CEO Park's character- the owner of Asian Mart. He is such a cool actor, loved all his scenes. I hope he is not the bad guy and ends up helping CSW and PSH though with his current attitude it seems unlikely.

@rita96 I also like CEO Park's character (and the actor himself too!). My impression is that he is not a bad guy. His broker operation seems to be assisting a group of people who are less privileged or experiencing inequalities in the system. The end scene of him showing Tae Sul that the "the future is here" hopefully will steer him in the right direction and as you said, begin to work equally side-by-side with Seo Hae to fulfill their mission. Fingers crossed that all holds true.

- - - - - -

I decided to look up William Gibson. He is a science fiction author and known for “near-future stories that explored the effects of technology, cybernetics, and computer networks on humans—a combination of lowlife and high tech". Since he was mentioned in the opening of the Quantum & Times conference, it seems to imply that the technological advancements created by Tae Sul may have caused negative effects on the quality of human life over time.

I also looked-up his quote, “The future is already here - it’s just not evenly distributed yet”, but there are so many interpretations of it that I am not certain what is William Gibson’s meaning behind it and the possible correlation to the drama. If anyone has any insight on it, please do share here.

• Insightful 1

2 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I also like CEO Park's character (and the actor himself too!). My impression is that he is not a bad guy. His broker operation seems to be assisting a group of people who are less privileged or experiencing inequalities in the system.

I am curious how he gets to where he is.  He has a link to the future but chose to stay in the past to help receive the immigrants?  He said his agency is the unofficial embassy for the immigrants, no doubt he is in it for the money, somehow I think there is also a personal reason for his involvement that we don't know yet.  He identifies with the people who are less privileged. Twice he made comments about the government taking advantage of its citizens.  The first time, disapproving CB arresting the immigrants, saying they arrested the hard working people who help to sustain the economy, for the same government that those MIB are working for.   Later at the warehouse, he equates the national pension to a scam where the government swindles money by encouraging people to pay into the fund knowing it will run out by 2040.  

Spoiler

Side bite: In the US, we have a similar dilemma with the social security fund which were formed years ago as an investment taxpayers paid into with the agreement that they will cash out the money after retirement.  Due to our growing elder population, this money will run out soon; many believe those who retire in the future will only get a fraction of the money they invested in.

You can sense a distrust of the system by CEO Park.

I like the way Park weaves his stories to tell his points to others. For TS, his inventions channel the stuffs in his mind into reality.  Yet, it doesn't make him happy anymore. He has no one to share the excitement with, his brother is gone.   I am guessing his disinterest in Q&T board meetings stem from the guilt over choosing his company over his brother on IPO day.  Since Tsan' s death, he accumulates wealth for himself, those said board members, stock holders... but TS is disengaged and not emotionally invested in anything.  Park can help remind him of the impact his technology has on the common citizens, what technology is meant to be - improve our lives.

8 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Ohhh, this episode is pure comedy! hahaha

I can’t can’t can’t take the action scenes seriously.  

Hold on. Calm down. That thing is huge.  If you shoot it, everyone is going to die. Calm down!

This is not the US. Can we not resolve conflicts without guns?!

Stunt on the cable was like... Marry Poppins. :lol:

About last line: funny to say that in a drama that look like a action-SF american blockbuster.

7 hours ago, farawayland said:

The cgi and editing team deserve to be fired!

If CGI, it means downloaded people, I think it was great !

But about stunts on the roof.. Ew! Ew! Ew! :crazy:

• LOL 1

Imagen

Imagen

#박신혜 #Parkshinhye #朴信惠
'액션서해'와는 또 다른 매력으로
시선을 사로잡았던 '드레서해'
-
오늘(25일, 목) 밤 9시,
JTBC <시지프스: the myth> 함께해 주세요!
-
#JTBC #10주년특별드라마 #시지프스 #Sisyphus #themyth #강서해 #웨딩드레스 #장면 #비하인드 #눈부신 #드레서해 # #오늘 #2월25일 #목요일 #밤9시 #4회 #함께해요 #

#Park Shinhye #Parkshinhye #朴信惠
Another attraction from'Action Seohae'
The'dresser' that caught the eye
-
Today (25th, Thursday) 9pm,
JTBC <SiJips: the myth> Please join me!
-
#JTBC #10th Anniversary Special Drama #Sisyphus #Sisyphus #themyth #Seohae Kang #Wedding dress #Scene #Behind the scenes #Dazzling #Dresser # #Today #February 25th #Thursday #9pm #4 episodes #Let's be together # 

cr. https://instagram.com/p/CLtfiVjjG07/?igshid=4kuf3a9uiio3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Watched the preview and read relationship chart. Looks like we gonna get a new character introduced today. I wonder how he gonna play a part in this as In the chart he is linked to the control bureau. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

EP4 is really good with most of the basic stuff are now explained. WTH moments kinda spoil it a bit. That fridge door must be made from thick steel.

Seo Hae brings an uploader with her. that means she wants to transport Tae Sul to the future, or maybe the past. I think the future is more likely. the 'uploader' / 'downloader' tech is not perfect with only 10% success rate. maybe he died before perfecting it. thats why she wants him in the future?

looking at how young the 'jumper guy' is, Seo Hae must come from 20 or 25 years from the future. the guy must jumped after Seo Hae because his id number is bigger than her, by about 2000.

With that, we can assume that Soe Hae was already 5 to 10yr old in 2020. She might find her present self and hand over her diary by herself.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I only got to watch part of episode 4. I thought it was cute how happy Seo Hae was scoring the BTS poster. She was listening to their song "Spring Day" through her headphones. It does seem that people in her time are missing loved ones/longing for the past and hoping that they'll meet each other again one day. I've been to Myeong-dong several times. Seeing Seo Hae walking through this lively and bustling neighborhood in the present as empty and abandoned in the future is quite eerie and sad. It was interesting that Won dollars were not of value to her yet what looks like USD coins were.

I've gotten used to Seo Hae saving Tae Sul so for a change, it was nice seeing him come back to save her. I really liked this part:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Afxdy said:

With that, we can assume that Soe Hae was already 5 to 10yr old in 2020. She might find her present self and hand over her diary by herself.

Seo Hae's suitcase password is "120930". I wonder if it could be similar to Tae San's suitcase password as Tae Sul's birthday. This would make her 8 years old in 2020.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sisyphus The Myth Behind the scenes video for the conference scene

img.gif

Imagen

#JTBC수목드라마 #시지프스 #메이킹

[메이킹] 위험에 처한 조승우X액션 장인 박신혜의 총성  이 오가는 컨퍼런스 씬 비하인드! | 시지프스 SISYPHUS

feb 25, 2021

cr.  JTBC Drama youtu.be/-C3dYU6nGGI

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

#SisyphusTheMyth : ratings

EP1 → 5.608%

EP2 → 6.677% (▲1.069%)

EP3 → 6.167% (▼0.510%)

EP4 → 6.178% (▲0.011%)

(Source: Nielsen Korea https://nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=2_1&area=01&begin_date=20210225)

Imagen

Imagen

Spoiler

Imagen

Cho Seung-woo, who jumped into the Han River of'Cyprus', and Park Shin-hye who missed his hand?

Reporter Noisul  / 2021-02-26 09:55:00

[Habien = Reporter Noi Seul]

JTBC's 'Sisyphus' Jo Seung-woo and Park Shin-hye jumped into the Han River in a corner. At the ending where the excitement and fun rise at the same time, the viewership rating was 6.2% nationwide and 6.8% in the metropolitan area, rising from the previous episode, keeping the No. 1 position in Wednesday Mokgeuk. (Provided by Nielsen Korea, based on paid furniture)

Imagen

m.hobbyen.co.kr/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065574514794935#_DYAD

• Like 1