매주 수목 밤 9시 방송

[Sea Zipps] Collection of 1-2 killing points. ZIP 
Gapdeok Meal Creation Restaurant! But now with visuals... :heart:

One world, two futures <Syprus: the myth>
Broadcast every Wednesday at 9 p.m.

cr. https://www.instagram.com/p/CLoP_VaHEnS/

• Like 1

Sisyphus K-drama

One of the most highly anticipated Korean dramas, Sisyphus, takes the best of fantasy and mystery elements to tell the story of a genius engineer Han Tae-sul (Cho Seung- Woo) uncovering dangerous secrets. Gang Seo-hae (Park Shin-Hye) comes from the future to save him and from there, the mystery unravels. If you need some extra convincing, here are six reasons to add it to your list.

Spoiler

Sisyphus K-drama

Photo by JTBC, Courtesy of Netflix PIN IT

If they couldn’t cast either actors, they wouldn’t have continued on with Sisyphus

The fame and artistry of main leads Cho Seung-Woo and Park Shin-Hye go without saying. They’ve had many successful shows and movies under the belts, and it only adds to their prestige. Being highly sought after, their casting was much talked about and eagerly awaited. Director Jin Hyuk shared, “While discussing the casting with the writers, we decided that if we couldn’t get either Cho Seung-Woo or Park Shin-Hye, we would just work on a different drama.” Thankfully, the casting worked out perfectly. There are also many other actors to look forward to including Sung Dong-Il, Tae In-Ho, Chae Jong-Hyeop, and more.

Spoiler

Sisyphus K-drama

Photo by JTBC, Courtesy of Netflix PIN IT

The director has produced many popular titles

Having worked on many popular titles including The Legend of the Blue Sea, Doctor Stranger, and The Master’s Sun, it’s safe to say that many are looking forward to what director Jin Hyuk has in store for this K-drama. Just as the director was excited about working with Cho Seung-Woo and Park Shin-Hye, the feeling was mutual. Park Shin-hye said, “I’ve always been curious about and wanted to work with director Jin Hyuk. I actually met him when I was younger and I’m so happy to have been able to work with him this time.” Cho Seung-Woo further complimented Jin Hyuk and divulged, “The director is very considerate of actors. He will consider any ideas that actors propose.”

Spoiler

Sisyphus K-drama

Courtesy of Netflix PIN IT

The show tells a unique story unlike any other

Detailing of a world where the present and future coexist, we get to jump back and forth from the present that Han Tae-Sul lives in and the devastating future that Gang Seo-Hae comes from. The future Korea is in ruins in 2035 and it’s a race against time to prevent it. The director and writing duo Lee Jane and Jeon Chan- ho actually began planning for Sisyphus 4 years ago. If it wasn’t enough to speak to the hype of the drama, trust that the research and imagination will make it unlike any drama you’ve watched so far.

Spoiler

Sisyphus K-drama

Gratifying action scenes that scream “bad RickRoll'D”

While you may have previously seen glimpses of Park Shin-Hye’s action-skills, her character Gang Seo-Hae turns it up a notch. As a bold survivor who is able to adapt quickly and think on her feet, she risks her life to save Han Tae-Sul from danger as they try to save the world. In short, we can expect satisfying action scenes as she fights off their opponents. The actress actually started working with the action team about a month and a half before filming started and filmed for two more months than Cho Seung-Woo. Cho Seung-Woo even complimented Park Shin-Hye’s powerful kicks and punches describing her as “incredible.”

Spoiler

Sisyphus K-drama

Realistic set and look into an alternative future Korea

In the past, we’ve seen an alternate reality of Korea portrayed in a futuristic perspective. Sisyphus takes a different approach by creating a future Korea that resembles a wasteland. With that expectation, a lot of fine details need to go into it. As Director Jin Hyuk best explains it, “We show the future, but the future isn’t glamorous. We put in a lot of effort to make the future look realistic and consulted many different experts and researched a lot of different things.” Park Shin-Hye goes on to share, “A set that resembles Myeongdong was created, and it felt so realistic and like I was walking through the real Myeongdong. Viewers will be able to recognise some familiar shops in Myeongdong.”

Spoiler

Sisyphus K-drama

There are easter eggs throughout the show

Previously, a teaser featuring Park Shin-Hye’s character coming across a BTS poster and listening to BTS’s “Spring Day” gained a lot of buzz. As it turns out, Seo-Hae lives in a future that is in ruins with people killing each other and struggling to survive. The director explained, “I thought about what would be a source of comfort for her, and I thought that music would be a good fit.” He also shared that “Spring Day” is his personal favourite and there will be more instances where you can see BTS items since Seo-Hae is a fan. In addition to BTS related easter eggs, there is the mystery behind the villain named Sigma. The actor’s identity has been kept under wraps, so you’ll have to tune in to find out who it really is.

Watch the trailer here

You can watch Sisyphus with new episodes every Wednesday and Thursday available an hour and thirty minutes after the Korean broadcast, only on Netflix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Something’s not quite right with the ex gf’s (psychologist) timeline. When she was first introduced, the camera pans in on her degrees.

spacer.png

Now if she graduated from Berkeley 14June 1980, she would’ve been 22-23yo in 1980.  Assuming we are now in 2020, she should be 60+?  She doesn’t look 60+?  Her timeline is off.  She slowed the ageing process?  Is that what the whole exchange about the little girl wanting to marry TSul about?  When he rambled on about telomeres and ageing at the hospital as he read the letter to his bodyguard?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

cr: https://instagram.com/p/CLnm3tHAhrK/

Imagen

Imagen

Seohae: ... He looks a bit different in pictures...

*pokes*
Taesul: Whoa... I didn't die!
Seohae: You're bleeding, let's runaway first, not just control burreau but other people are chasing you too

Taesul: *pushes* You almost make us killed! Who are you?! What do you want? Is it money? Are you terrorist? Who ordered you? I'm asking who ordered you?!

Seohae: *hits* After I saved your life.. I shouldn't have come

Taesul: You   You... *takes picture* this is you right?

trans by @Withyakyu

?igshid=17iw27e9z0eu5

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, nrllee said:

Something’s not quite right with the ex gf’s (psychologist) timeline. When she was first introduced, the camera pans in on her degrees.

Now if she graduated from Berkeley 14June 1980, she would’ve been 22-23yo in 1980.  Assuming we are now in 2020, she should be 60+?  She doesn’t look 60+?  Her timeline is off.  She slowed the ageing process?  Is that what the whole exchange about the little girl wanting to marry TSul about?  When he rambled on about telomeres and ageing at the hospital as he read the letter to his bodyguard?

Hope it's not another silly mistake like the DNA test. :|

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

@farawayland I hope so too.  But if they are trying to sell us a plausible time travel (with relativity thrown in) plot, they better get all these details right.  Especially if they pan the camera on them.  Do you mean the extraction of DNA from the ashes in the urn?

https://www.easy-dna.com/cremated-remains-testing/

it’s very low but not impossible.  The fact that DNA companies still offer these services mean that sometimes, they can extract DNA from ashes. 

EDIT - 

@packmule3 has written about her take on

relativity and the train scenes.  Makes sense. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/02/22/sisyphus-eps-1-2-explaining-the-train-mysteries/#comment-45521

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/02/22/sisyphus-eps-1-2-review-first-impressions/

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nrllee said:

Now if she graduated from Berkeley 14June 1980, she would’ve been 22-23yo in 1980.  Assuming we are now in 2020, she should be 60+?  She doesn’t look 60+?  Her timeline is off.  She slowed the ageing process? 

good catch with the diploma!  they better explain in the next 14 episodes.  I remember reading somewhere that the drama was written originally as a 20 episodes before moving onto Jtbc.

On 2/21/2021 at 7:21 PM, KY L said:

After a quick re-watch of the first episode, I think it's interesting that the Uploader flyer ads at the beginning has this slogan: "Those who don't want to live in this world/Those who are left behind in the past, welcome."

This makes me wonder. Who's left behind in the past, why are they being left behind? We assumed that everyone in the future started in the future, what if they actually time traveled forward and were time traveling back instead? Maybe they time traveled to the future to escape the nuclear strike, left a bunch of love ones behind, realized that the future is horrible and would rather take their chances going back?

Me too.  I wonder if some time travelers want to go back to time before the holocaust to save their loved ones.  The ones that did not make it and bring them to the future.  But you are right, it could also be people in 2035 going back to the past to have the chance to live with their family again.

I remember seeing a twitter post introducing a new actor who will play leader of the survivors/rebels.  Most likely the future has some kind of civil wars.

What we have been reading is the drama depicts post apocalypse Seoul in 2035.  Numbers play a significant part in the drama.  SH's arm was gun stamped with 250811?  Can it be the download period that her father requested for her?  Aug 11, 2025? 5 years before present time 2020?  Did TS and HS get married in 2025?  What is this important date?   If you were the father, wouldn't you have a specific date in mind?  A date that if you have the chance to change, you would go back to?  The upload mechanism would need input of the download instructions, like a date in a time machine.  I also don't think he would send her back to a time when she was still a young teenager not capable of protecting herself.  Aug 11 is an important date for TS, his IPO anniversary right?

On 2/22/2021 at 4:49 AM, farawayland said:

Feel like a Secret Forest reunion. 

I'm glad to see you here too.  Yah, we the Scooby Doo gang...  missing Doona Bae.  

Stills

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLqWhpIpTGN/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKxVPIzJ3ek/

202102241324089903882_20210224132505_01_

Source

• Like 4